Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint (19036 Views)

Maku: Bandits Attack ex-Minister's Residence, Injure 3 Guards. Gov Sule Reacts / Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 1 In Imo / Gunmen Attack Imo Police Headquarters In Obowo, Kill 2 Policemen, Injure Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by kenny714433(m): 7:48am On Sep 23, 2021
The experience I had with police officer in a public transport just yesterday has made me smile to this news. Just because of #100 that idiot didn't let us move.
Just #100. I am someone that don't like undue oppression, Immediately it happened I was just imagining myself having gun at that moment. Guys, it was so painful.
Let those idiots die, till they have sense. I used to pity them.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by dallasi: 7:50am On Sep 23, 2021
McAustin92:
Why [s]Dem go dey mount Checkpoints everywhere, especially when it comes to South East and South South, why same shit not reciprocated in the North??[/s]

They blow up sophisticated Air Force Apha Jet with the fighter Pilot celebrating for narrowly surviving death and yet some gullible still believe the Government is not taking the issue of insecurity in the country serious. So the Jet was sent for an aerial display or dancing “makosa” with the terrorists' ?
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by elmessiahs(m): 7:50am On Sep 23, 2021
Aganju849:

Let them go about their legal duties instead of extorting bribes from the people and they might be just fine.
Can dey stop taking bribe
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by Bmaster(m): 7:54am On Sep 23, 2021
coronavirus19:
Space booked!
Will modify in an 2hrs when I sleep and wake up
2hrs dot.
Oya come and modify am let's hear

grin grin
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by Crazychris: 7:57am On Sep 23, 2021
I don't support the killings but that doesn't change the fact that Nigerian police are murders in uniform.

Turns out their death dey always sweet me..

1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by wink2015(m): 7:58am On Sep 23, 2021
I sympatise with the innocent police officer who had to die to protect the FULANI REPUBLIC.

My condolences goes to their family for the bitter and painful loss.

However, I will blame the federal government for detaining the leader of IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

He was abducted from Kenya by the federal government in conjuction with the Kenya government led by Uhuru Kenyatta, a son of the former Kenya Independence leader, the late JOMO KENYATTA.

FEDERAL GOVERNMENT MUST STOP THIS SELF DECEIT.

They must release Nnamdi Kanu and allow for a REFERENDUM in the south east and other regions of Nigeria that is seeking for self determination.

FULANI REPUBLIC is now BORROWING money excessively in other to protects its caliphate from likely collapse.
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by Decency2020(f): 7:59am On Sep 23, 2021
There is no country in this world where police block road and extort money from the citizens all in the name of policing apart from Nigeria. May they rot in hell for all I care.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by Bigchristo: 8:05am On Sep 23, 2021
McAustin92:
Why Dem go dey mount Checkpoints everywhere, especially when it comes to South East and South South, why same shit not reciprocated in the North??
Because North is holy place grin wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by Aufbauh(m): 8:08am On Sep 23, 2021
KaluwisxPRO:

Don’t come here to spew trash. If the posting of Police is public knowledge, then provide a link to that effect, otherwise keep quiet, And stop crying more than the bereaved.

In a country of over 200million people you think you’re the only one privy to the Ethnics of the NPF in posting, yet cannot provide a record to show how they’re posted. The Police is a public service, therefore their duties are not supposed to be shredded in secrecy apart from investigations.

Ignorance is not an excuse!

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/05/dave-umahi-on-ipob-security-challenges-in-south-east-2023-presidency-others/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjk0oK0wpTzAhWUEWMBHchsAm0QFnoECAQQAg&usg=AOvVaw2-a6Ezy5gt7jOn2w6jYj-ohttps://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.icirnigeria.org/15-officers-killed-21-police-stations-attacked-in-seven-months-in-southeast/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjmxbH7wJTzAhUb8uAKHSWkB2QQFnoECAQQAg&usg=AOvVaw09KfLM0DZIJfCXhK4BFrjD
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by Newton85: 8:18am On Sep 23, 2021
LokoH:

We want them to resume the genocide now. We aren't lilly livered. Olori buruku are e
Yeah, you're not lily livered, you only cry like toy-deprived spoilt brats to UN, ICC, AU, EU, Tlump, Netanyahu because of ordinary python dance. You guys are just known for empty chest-beating, we sabi una. Afonfungbemu olori pelebe.
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 8:19am On Sep 23, 2021
Fahdiga:
They will be mounting check points to extort the people
Seriously most of you iyamuris are dead inside.
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by Gkemz: 8:26am On Sep 23, 2021
Fulani herdsmen have dorminated that area causing mayhems.
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by loveth360(f): 8:28am On Sep 23, 2021
Ibrahimmrfish:

Seriously most of you iyamuris are dead inside.
Said by a northern bandit.

Ibrahim with fish brain.
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by michlins(m): 8:32am On Sep 23, 2021
McAustin92:
Why Dem go dey mount Checkpoints everywhere, especially when it comes to South East and South South, why same shit not reciprocated in the North??
you wonder why bandits can go to a school and pack students and teachers. You hear it and it sounds stupid because down here, every few kilometers have one check point or another.
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by aminusodiq(m): 8:38am On Sep 23, 2021
Aufbauh:

Is it only in the SE we'd have police checkpoint? Even in the FCT abuja police still mount checkpoint. You guys keep giving vague excuses to perpetrate your wanton arson.

If I was the IGP I'll post all Igbo policemen to their region which is mostly the case. Let them keep killing their armed trained personnel.
keep quiet mr man... How do you explain having 6 checkpoints within a 15km way... And you gave to pay 50-100 fee each excluding road safety and JTF, ive seen this severaly, not even in the south east, but the west.

The northern states have security challenges... Ive been to nassarawa and i couldnt find one than one or two checkpoints in a huge distance. And the Abuja you were comparing only has numerous police. Army and ndlea checkpoints at the entry point. And you dont see police littered around the city. I stayed in abuja for 3months. Wuse 2, kubwa, gwagwalada, and the likes... Never seen the police force littered everywhere like they are over here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by Fahdiga(m): 8:39am On Sep 23, 2021
PIMPAR:

I thought it's DSS that does masquerade as ESN?

Shame una no get
Where did you see DSS or ESN in my post?
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by heniford2: 8:41am On Sep 23, 2021
Kill the police jor the are animals no mercy to them undecided
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by Fahdiga(m): 8:49am On Sep 23, 2021
Aufbauh:

Is it only in the SE we'd have police checkpoint? Even in the FCT abuja police still mount checkpoint. You guys keep giving vague excuses to perpetrate your wanton arson.

If I was the IGP I'll post all Igbo policemen to their region which is mostly the case. Let them keep killing their armed trained personnel.
Bla bla bla bla
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by Nanj(m): 8:52am On Sep 23, 2021
jaybenugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1400988/gunmen-kill-2-policemen-injure-3-enugu-police-checkpoint/
atimes when you see dem for road n where demanding something from you n u don't have even u beg dem with God, some of them even hv d ghost to tell,we are not doing God's work here/who is God dat u re begging us with/don't beg us with God oooo,coz we will not listen to u.See them now
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by generalwo(m): 9:13am On Sep 23, 2021
Alot of urchins are here praising unknown gun men for killing police men duly stationed at their duty posts..... If na police kill gun men now, u will see the swines come out to start crying foul and playing the victims..... I don't understand the way some of you think..... If their superiors ask them to mount road blocks, should they refuse or decline to go because of some blood thirsty thugs who don't want progess in their state? At your different places of work, if your superiors assign a task to you, wil u decline? These police men have mouths to feed... They have responsibilities as do every other Nigerian.... So why kill them for carrying out their duties? I don't understand the rationale behind the killing of police men discharging their duties.... All these foolish gun men, 10 of their students were kidnapped by bandits in broad day light.... Instead of them to go after the bandits, they are going after police men..... Na the police men I blame sha... People wen una go use bullets redesign their cursed bodies..... Very soon the east will become as safe and insecure as the north....
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by generalwo(m): 9:17am On Sep 23, 2021
koffikondo:
That South East police officers who always claims to be on duty at the check points are bunch of thieves. I keep laying courses on them each time I travel to Enugu. Despite the bad road they still frustrate the masses with extortion. Ipob, esn, UGM are the monsters made by the government. So let them face it n watch out for more dreadful groups. Power will forever belong to the people
.... Learn to spell CURSES before criticizing people who are carrying out their duties and being killed by insensitive blood thirsty urchins.... What about your esn that kill people and steal bread from bread vans all because people refused to be lazy and stay at home on Mondays, are they any better than the police men they are killing? Killing someone for stealing when you are a thief makes no sense...... Igbos are bigger criminals than the police they are killing everyday... If they can steal bread, is there anything they can't steal? Common bread o... I dey shame for una

Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by zoghys: 9:19am On Sep 23, 2021
LokoH:

Irritating. Yoruba love endorsing vices

Can't you for once stop been a nitwit?.
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by tenpipsperday: 9:21am On Sep 23, 2021
engrben25:
we all knows that police are bad but the killings in the south east is getting too much this days and some of this policemen might be easterners

It's wrong for easterners to kill easterners right but it's okay for easterners to hide under the cover of police work to unleash hardship on fellow easterners.

Blocking roads to extort money, causing traffic gridlock, emergency patients on those gridlock can die before getting medical attention, who cares.

Which other country do you see police blocking the roads?
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by ostartruth: 9:22am On Sep 23, 2021
I thought their Oga on top once told them to stop road blocks or they never hear that one.

They died because of their love of money after-all there were never there to do any security work but merely to extort money from road users.

POLICE NA YOUR CRIMINAL
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by bubu2019: 9:24am On Sep 23, 2021
Aufbauh:

I know you have not been to Southeast before,
Please go there and experience what we are complaining.
Atimes they will charge you for even the air you breathe if you did not drop there 50naira
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by Malawian(m): 9:39am On Sep 23, 2021
One of the reasons they are shouting against sit at home is so that people will go to shop to Hussle, and they will mount checkpoints to collect the little you managed to Hussle from you. It is all self serving and nothing altruistic.
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by Malawian(m): 9:46am On Sep 23, 2021
zoghys:

And the next thing is for them to be killed abi, just because they are taking bribe when they see your leaders siphoning with reckless abandonment from the general purse and still get praised by the masses they stole from. Smh
They should go and extort the money from the leaders and leave innocent common man to survive the way he is surviving.

You managed to eck out small something after a whole day of toiling, on your way home, you will give out 90% of your sweat to all the numerous police checkpoints on your way home. If your money finishes before you got past all the checkpoints, they might waste you for not having money for them and label you IPOB or UGM.

Nonsense.
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by KaluwisxPRO: 9:47am On Sep 23, 2021
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by bizzibodi(m): 9:51am On Sep 23, 2021
SCORE BOARD
Ipob 7
police 2
Re: Gunmen Kill 2 Policemen, Injure 3 At Enugu Police Checkpoint by Aufbauh(m): 9:51am On Sep 23, 2021
aminusodiq:
keep quiet mr man... How do you explain having 6 checkpoints within a 15km way... And you gave to pay 50-100 fee each excluding road safety and JTF, ive seen this severaly, not even in the south east, but the west.

The northern states have security challenges... Ive been to nassarawa and i couldnt find one than one or two checkpoints in a huge distance. And the Abuja you were comparing only has numerous police. Army and ndlea checkpoints at the entry point. And you dont see police littered around the city. I stayed in abuja for 3months. Wuse 2, kubwa, gwagwalada, and the likes... Never seen the police force littered everywhere like they are over here

The problem with some of you guys is that you make unsubstantiated generalization without proper experiences.
You talked about the many check points in the south, but the SW and SS are not killing policemen cus of numerous check points.

There's no part of Nigeria I don't know well except the NW. My family is in Lagos while I stayed alone in Abuja in the past 4 years.
I've been plighting the Lagos- Asaba- Awka- Nineth mile to Benue and Lagos-Onitsha- Owerri - to PH for the past 16yrs by road. Even internal road within the SE I've route it so many times, East-West road - Benni to Lagos also. So I'm very familiar with the terrain.

Back to FCT, do you know how many police check points I'd pass when coming back home in Jabi from my usual hangout point in Palazzo maitama by Agulu lake crescent? 4.
There's even a check point under the bridge before jabi lake mall 3mins to IGP house in Audu Ogbe street jabi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Cab-driver Shot Dead In Washington DC / Two arrested for kidnapping toddler during Mountain of Fire Church program / Ondo Senator Tofowomo, three others involved in auto crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.