Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,918 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

EFCC Officials Invaded My Home At Midnight Like Robbers In Abia - Journalist - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Officials Invaded My Home At Midnight Like Robbers In Abia - Journalist (844 Views)

Armed Robbers Invaded My Neighbourhood and this trick saved me / Fake EFCC Officials Caught In Lagos (Photos) / Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

EFCC Officials Invaded My Home At Midnight Like Robbers In Abia - Journalist by Metrix147: 12:00pm On Sep 23, 2021
An Abia-based journalist, Norah Okafor has narrated her gory experience after officials of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC fully masked invaded her home at about 2am, destroying property, saying she mistook them for arm robbers.

In a Facebook post sighted by ABN TV, Okafor said the EFCC officials dressed in black, numbering about 25 had at about 1:36am arrived their gate, broke it, cut off the electric fencing and finally destroyed the door with axe to make their way to her apartment.

She was not alone in the experience as the security agencies also invaded the apartment of her neighbors for unexplained purposes.

She said, "At exactly 1:36am, I was alerted by my brother that there are armed robbers at my gate trying to make their way into the compound. Because it was an electric fence, I didn't bother enough because I felt they can't make their way in.

"Alas, I was wrong. 2am on the dot they made their way into the compound. They came prepared. Over 25 of them with two Hilux buses, masked and dressed in black upon black. A huge one climbed the fence, with a plier and immediately cut off a few of the wires, jumped into the compound and with an axe, broke the gate key open and zoom they made their first entry into my apartment."

She continued, "The next thing I realized was that about 7 of them were already in my room with shouts of "lie down, face down, on the light, where's your phone, where's your car key, where's this and that..Confused me. Seeing over 25 hefty men with different kinds of guns, mhen, e don be, be that.I handed the phone to them with the key, before then, they have already taken hold of my laptop. I turned to be sure these were armed robbers, and they asked for my passwords to all the devices collected with masking tape to identify each.

"Still in shock, I heard someone destroying everything in the kitchen, my room, that of my brothers and all the drawers. I was still asking myself what's happening? They asked me to stand and follow them downstairs, lo and beyond, they unmasked themselves, hmmmm..are these kind criminals? I asked. All my neighbours were already going through the same pain as I.

"They have already given my brothers a beating of their lives, carried my neighbour downstairs and tried unlocking all the cars in the compound. And after searching all the phones and laptops, three of their men walked in, lo and behold, it was EFCC. What? I screamed. Shut up, was the next thing i heard and when they couldn't open my phone, they asked me to, I did and after a while I just asked, please where is your office so I can come pick up my things on my way to work, they asked me what I do and I said "journalist", asked my neighbour he said "lawyer", the other "doctor". They looked at me, handed over the phones and said" we just wasted our time".

"These fools, spent over one hour molesting and destroying things in this compound. I feel so pained and embarrassed right now."

All efforts to reach the authorities of EFCC for a comment proved abortive as at the moment of this report.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/09/efcc-officials-invaded-my-home-at-midnight-like-robbers-destroyed-property-abia-journalist-photos/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J

1 Like

Re: EFCC Officials Invaded My Home At Midnight Like Robbers In Abia - Journalist by Metrix147: 12:01pm On Sep 23, 2021
More photos

Re: EFCC Officials Invaded My Home At Midnight Like Robbers In Abia - Journalist by TarOrfeeek: 12:20pm On Sep 23, 2021
Economic and Foolish Cunts Comedians.

Instead of using proper forensic investigations to establish plausible crimes.

These Eba and Okro soup agency hunts people based on their supposed affluence.

Are these idiots not affirming that based on Gen. Failure's mishandling of the economy they don't expect Nigerians to afford basic necessities.

In that kitchen is it the 12kg cooking gas and 1 carton of Indomie that made EFCC target this innocent people?

Nigeria has been destroyed by the failures occupying positions that require wisdom, intelligence and tact.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Officials Invaded My Home At Midnight Like Robbers In Abia - Journalist by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 23, 2021
That's what they do targeting comfortable people.

Smh.. I've been through this.

If life easy for you, nah so.
Re: EFCC Officials Invaded My Home At Midnight Like Robbers In Abia - Journalist by Mynd44: 12:41pm On Sep 23, 2021

(1)

Death Row Question / Female Lawmaker Beaten, Stripped Naked In Rivers / Angry Teenager Brutalizes His Grandmother Over Christmas Food In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.