Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,305 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 (58770 Views)

Police Arrest 5 Robbery Suspects Who Pretended To Be EFCC Officials In Abia / Fake EFCC Officials Caught In Lagos (Photos) / Man Shoots Friend In Anambra Over N1,000 Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by JosWatchDog(m): 1:45pm On May 07, 2020
Mimi Atedze reporting, Makurdi Nigeria

It is confirmed that CEO Star Sharwama was arrested and detained yesterday by EFCC officials in Makurdi.

A female EFCC staff ordered and paid for an item , she was supposed to pay 1500 but made an online transaction of 1600 instead.

Meanwhile Star Sharwama was expecting an alert for the Payment of 1500 but the alert did not drop , they saw an alert but assumed it was for another person's order not hers because her bill was 1500 and not 1600.

kept calling to remind her of their money, when they finally got the statement from the bank which showed that she was the person who made the payment of 1600, Star Sharwama called to inform her and apologize for everything but she was very angry and vowed to deal with them .

On Wednesday Miss Ato was arrested with other staff of her restaurant and detained at Efcc office in Makurdi, the others were later released, but she was kept in detention and released around 7 pm, she was accused of fraud .

She was asked to report back today on allegations of fraud. Miss Ato was to be charged to court today for fraud.

This is the arrest video and that the the charge sheet ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLsSAKieNVo

I found out also that many people contacted the zonal head of Efcc to let go off this issue but he did not listen to anyone....

More photos below;

Source: https://www.jtownconnect.com.ng/2020/05/video-owner-of-star-shawarma-detained.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by meetme01: 1:48pm On May 07, 2020
Power drunk.

252 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by JosWatchDog(m): 1:49pm On May 07, 2020
Lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by Lordjiggs09(m): 1:49pm On May 07, 2020
Nigeria is my country. The kind of unimaginable things that happens here, leaves a lot to be desired. Gross abuse of power and privileges has become the norm in my country.

Meanwhile Igbo bu Igbo mmamma nu, o kwa nu aku ruo uno bu ife anyi no zi na ya. check my signature for that affordable land and other real estate properties in Igbo-land and beyond. kpoo mu ma o bu whatsapp efu, asato, efu, isii, ano, ano, asaa, ato, ano, ano, ato. Ya gazie, umu Igbo ndi oma.

71 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by Bilabong(m): 2:00pm On May 07, 2020
Nigeria is so fu*ked up...

Because she has access to EFCC she uses it at disposal. Meanwhile the fault in all honesty is hers.
A lil thing like showing the alert on your phone will solve escaladed to court.

Imagine going to court over #100 grin grin

Make God epp us to apply sense when needed.

202 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by OgbanjeProphet: 2:01pm On May 07, 2020
Do you mean he was arrested just because of hundred naira That's abuse of power.

If the detainee knows his right, he would sue the EFCC official sharpaly sharpaly.

A police man once threatened that he would plant a corpse in one of my shops if I refused to sell an item to him at a particular price. That I should sell my products to him at a price very far below what was normal... The way I replied his statement even surprised him. I am sure he would look twice before making such remarks next time.

112 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by SavageResponse(m): 2:01pm On May 07, 2020
Once you're a member of the military or any paramilitary outfit in Nigeria you automaticall assume you can use your position to intimidate other people

152 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by GamalNasser: 2:01pm On May 07, 2020
Lol

1 Like

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by money121(m): 2:01pm On May 07, 2020
Ok
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by Kobicove(m): 2:01pm On May 07, 2020
I need to hear from both sides before I can pass judgement in this matter undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by Darkseid(m): 2:02pm On May 07, 2020
Are they not black people, it's nothing new. They are always so power drunk and filled with wickedness; In my next life, I'd rather come back as a grasshopper than be a black man angry angry

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by oz4real83(m): 2:02pm On May 07, 2020
Wasting Nigerian tax-payers' money on prosecuting irrelevant cases just to show that u have a little "government power or connection". Some people's brains need reformatting. Funny enough, if other Nigerians should report cases like this to Efcc, they will throw them away as too irrelevant.

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by Covidhunger20: 2:02pm On May 07, 2020
Nigeria, my country cheesy
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by tukurmubarak(m): 2:02pm On May 07, 2020
Who do this country?? Smh
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by NwaNimo1(m): 2:02pm On May 07, 2020
I blame China.....
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by DriggityDre: 2:02pm On May 07, 2020
Star Sharwama called to inform her and apologize for everything but she was very angry and vowed to deal with them

This is terrible.
It's even coming from the EFCC.
This could've been resolved any other way.

Darkseid:
In my next life, I'd rather come back as a grasshopper than be a black man angry angry
Hehe grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by PureGoldh(m): 2:02pm On May 07, 2020
Just speechless
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by Lewisalexander(m): 2:02pm On May 07, 2020
grin
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by Chatflick(m): 2:02pm On May 07, 2020
It is what it is

1 Like

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by iamVirus(m): 2:02pm On May 07, 2020
So many fraudsters walking free, na on top N1,500 dey wan die.

Giant of Africa

10 Likes

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by DonFreshmoney(m): 2:02pm On May 07, 2020
Abuse of power

1 Like

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by Adegbe87: 2:03pm On May 07, 2020
cry shocked

1 Like

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by Perfecttouchade: 2:03pm On May 07, 2020
Efcc no get job do again fa grin our politicians are looting, una no see Dem baa? Eleyi Shi sharwama taa baayi o

7 Likes

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by WalkerMichael(m): 2:03pm On May 07, 2020
Naija ti cast
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 07, 2020
angry

Meanwhile Star Sharwama was expecting an alert for the Payment of 1500 but the alert did not drop , they saw an alert but assumed it was for another person's order not hers because her bill was 1500 and not 1600.

How can they assume the payment was for another person? Did someone else place an order at that time? So why not use their initiative to reason that it could be the same Customer who just placed an order or better still call to confirm if she made the payment.
Very flimsy excuse and poor customer services.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by Wickedfact: 2:03pm On May 07, 2020
Attempted fraud. There's nothing like that in the Penal code.

The lady should get a lawyer to sue the officers involved and the head of Efcc in that state. Sue for damages and a declaration that they're unfit to hold public office.

That's automatic sack for them.

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by xcellencia(m): 2:03pm On May 07, 2020
shocked
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 07, 2020
Mumu people
Re: Ato, Owner Of Star Shawarma Detained By EFCC Officials In Makurdi Over N1,600 by ibnlawal(m): 2:03pm On May 07, 2020
Welcome to Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Airport Cartel Planting Drugs In Passengers’ Luggage Arrested (Photo) / SS1 Student Gang-raped By 4 Classmates After Taking "Gegemu" / Yahoo Boys In Benin Throw Money Into The Air (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.