Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

If We Do Not Heal, We Cannot Build. A Case For 1 Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If We Do Not Heal, We Cannot Build. A Case For 1 Nigeria (1480 Views)

2023 Election:Oseni Rufai- Men Without Honour Cannot Build Honourable Country / Innoson: Dangote Cannot Build Refinery Without Assurance Of Oil Well From Govt / Atiku Is A Case Study On Corruption In USA By Homeland Security. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If We Do Not Heal, We Cannot Build. A Case For 1 Nigeria by Idiko1: 7:14pm On Sep 23, 2021
DonJuan13:

I just can't respond to this. I'm sorry. smiley You've succeeded in reinforcing the futility of trying to have an intelligent discourse on this platform.

You are the so-called "warlord" on nairaland. You cannot even accept the simple truth.
Re: If We Do Not Heal, We Cannot Build. A Case For 1 Nigeria by DonJuan13: 7:15pm On Sep 23, 2021
Idiko1:

You are the so-called "warlord" on nairaland. You can even accept the simple truth.

I'm a warlord? Hmmm, that's news?
*fellow warlord spotted*
Re: If We Do Not Heal, We Cannot Build. A Case For 1 Nigeria by loveth360(f): 7:20pm On Sep 23, 2021
DonJuan13:

I'm a warlord? Hmmm, that's news? *fellow warlord spotted*
Accept the truth and go sleep.

We are not one and can never be one.

I think am done on this thread.
Re: If We Do Not Heal, We Cannot Build. A Case For 1 Nigeria by DonJuan13: 7:21pm On Sep 23, 2021
loveth360:
I don't believe in that trash anymore.

We are better of in Pushing for our destiny differently,I know this your topic is just to beg for unity which will never come,not as if you people are ready for justice and equity,but because it favours you people.
You can't keep doing same thing over and over again and expect different results.

They say a fool at forty is a fool forever,what then is a fool at 60 plus.

It's this 'you people' rhetoric that seems to be the problem, nobody is begging anybody, and I will not descend into a tribal oriented discourse with you. Don't preach peace, keep up with the hate and bitterness that you inherited, I for one don't see along tribal lines. Do you. It's all good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If We Do Not Heal, We Cannot Build. A Case For 1 Nigeria by loveth360(f): 7:32pm On Sep 23, 2021
DonJuan13:

It's this 'you people' rhetoric that seems to be the problem, nobody is begging anybody, and I will not descend into a tribal oriented discourse with you. Don't preach peace, keep up with the hate and bitterness that you inherited, I for one don't see along tribal lines. Do you. It's all good.
Says by hypocrite yoruba man that cares about only what favours them.
Re: If We Do Not Heal, We Cannot Build. A Case For 1 Nigeria by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2021
loveth360:
[s][/s]Trash from hateful yoruba muslim.

Lol. It is never more than "Yoruba muslim" for you guys. A combination of what you hate most in life. I.e the Yoruba ethnic group and the Moslem religion.

Glad you're part of the 'welcoming Party' for the OP on his introduction to NL. Keep it up cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If We Do Not Heal, We Cannot Build. A Case For 1 Nigeria by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 23, 2021
loveth360:
Says by hypocrite yoruba man that cares about only what favours them.

DonJuan13, hope you have now had enough? See the raw, crude and indoctrinated hate emanating from someone you are being civil to.

Can you not tell this is something that is part of her being or essence and not a response to anything any Yoruba has done?

For the mere fact you are keeping it civil, she should be obligated to do likewise. Yet her deeply indoctrinated hatred of Yorubas means she slid back to default mode of attacking and hating on all Yorubas including you. Bear in mind this is a lady OOO.

I would rather find a way to keep those who hate me, for no reason, far away from me than waste my enjoymenf of life trying to prove that "love conquers all".

That is not the case with Nigeria and that is why I said from the start we are better off managing our differences rather than pretending they don't exist.

1 Like

Re: If We Do Not Heal, We Cannot Build. A Case For 1 Nigeria by DonJuan13: 8:09pm On Sep 23, 2021
OneTemplate:

DonJuan13, hope you have now had enough? See the raw, crude and indoctrinated hate emanating from someone you are being civil to.

Can you not tell this is something that is part of her being or essence and not a response to anything any Yoruba has done?

For the mere fact you are keeping it civil, she should be obligated to do likewise. Yet her deeply indoctrinated hatred of Yorubas means she slid back to default mode of attacking and hating on all Yorubas including you. Bear in mind this is a lady OOO.

I would rather fins a way to keep those who hate me for no reason faf away from me than grying to waste my enjoymenf of life trying to peove that "love conquers all".

That is not the case with Nigeria and that is why I said from the start we are better off managing our differences rather than pretending they don't exist.

Totally understand, the bigotry is deeply entrenched in the moral psyche of the majority. One can only try. On to the next topic I guess.
Re: If We Do Not Heal, We Cannot Build. A Case For 1 Nigeria by DonJuan13: 1:55am On Sep 24, 2021
JimiJunji:
It's funny when people use their personal relationships with people from other tribes to equate how political relationships should pan out, this is a flawed and lazy way of thinking. I have Ghanaian friends and friends from Benin republic but it doesn't mean I want to share a country with them or I would side with their country in the event of a war between our countries. Most people especially in the south west have failed to understand and separate personal friendships and relationships from loyalty to one's tribe and region. It's purely a sentimental and emotional way of looking at things people with such mindsets shouldn't be allowed close to the corridors of power. Op's argument and analogy is really flawed and quite irritating.

Make love, not war. Didn't mean to offend you but like I said in my post, it's a war of the rich against the poor and it has always been, political inclinations don't matter to the elite (a la FFK). I owe my loyalty to no one but myself and my family. Tribe? Naaah. The 2 people I can truly call loyal friends; one is form the north and the other from the east and I would do anything within my power for them just like I know they would do for me.
Re: If We Do Not Heal, We Cannot Build. A Case For 1 Nigeria by JimiJunji: 5:24am On Sep 24, 2021
DonJuan13:

Make love, not war. Didn't mean to offend you but like I said in my post, it's a war of the rich against the poor and it has always been, political inclinations don't matter to the elite (a la FFK). I owe my loyalty to no one but myself and my family. Tribe? Naaah. The 2 people I can truly call loyal friends; one is form the north and the other from the east and I would do anything within my power for them just like I know they would do for me.

But do you believe in patriotism to one's country? Am not against friendships and I like that you're loyal to your family (it's the most important actually) but if you happen to be a politician are you saying that your friendship/relationship with people would affect your policies plus if you don't care for tribe or country why are you interested in 1 nigeria?
Re: If We Do Not Heal, We Cannot Build. A Case For 1 Nigeria by adefitim(m): 5:39am On Sep 24, 2021
AlexBells:

There is a solution which had not yet been tried and eventually we would have Nzeogwu's Best and Nzeogwu's second best, There is no easier way to get Nigeria to work than the way it is working, the federal Republic system is better for minorities and in due time majority groups will be able to pick up themselves.

Nigeria can not divide in the sense that most people think and I agree with you that we need to heal, I had spoken every opportunity I got on the healing, not here on nairaland though becuase until lately I used to be quite aggressive until I figured out most people who destroyed this country had no intention to destroy it, they all at some point believed they were offering a genuine solution so I had become humble and most times now I ask myself what proof do I have that my solution is not another disaster.

I will not lie you earned my respect
Re: If We Do Not Heal, We Cannot Build. A Case For 1 Nigeria by sal1974: 5:45am On Sep 24, 2021
loveth360:
Oga you can only deceive those that have not been to yoruba land or been around you guys.

We that witness yorubas hatred first hand knows better.

I used to be naive until i witness it.

The hatred a typical yoruba man have for Igbos is legendary,but of course they will try to pretend until when it's time to exhibit it.

And you think this is one sided,and peculiar to just the Yorubas?. Judging an entire tribe based on your limited interaction with few of their likes is haste generalization
Re: If We Do Not Heal, We Cannot Build. A Case For 1 Nigeria by DonJuan13: 11:12am On Sep 24, 2021
JimiJunji:

But do you believe in patriotism to one's country? Am not against friendships and I like that you're loyal to your family (it's the most important actually) but if you happen to be a politician are you saying that your friendship/relationship with people would affect your policies plus if you don't care for tribe or country why are you interested in 1 nigeria?

The tribe I care for is the Nigerian tribe. It doesn't matter where you come from, we are intertwined already. Been together for so long. All im interested in is peace and prosperity for all tribes, a Nigeria where the North can rival the best Arab nations, where the East can rub shoulders with industrial nations like China, and the South can be like America. Our uniqueness and diversity can be harnessed. I'm not a mainstream politician but we are all political animals.
Re: If We Do Not Heal, We Cannot Build. A Case For 1 Nigeria by JimiJunji: 11:52am On Sep 24, 2021
DonJuan13:

The tribe I care for is the Nigerian tribe. It doesn't matter where you come from, we are intertwined already. Been together for so long. All im interested in is peace and prosperity for all tribes, a Nigeria where the North can rival the best Arab nations, where the East can rub shoulders with industrial nations like China, and the South can be like America. Our uniqueness and diversity can be harnessed. I'm not a mainstream politician but we are all political animals.

But in your last statement you said that you have not loyalty to or care about any tribe, now you're talking about a "nigerian tribe" and how Nigeria can be be like china, arab nations and america all in one country. china and america currently don't see eye to eye and china got to where it was at huge cost and sacrificing 80 million of it's people in Mao's Great leap forward program and America's relationship with the Arab world is more exploitative one plus unlike the north which you hope to rival it, lots of rich Arab countries are blessed with high amounts of crude oil reserves to fund their economy(they weren't harnessing their uniqueness and diversity) what does the north depend on; mid scale agriculture, VAT and allocation from Abuja derived from the south, and the south can be like America, but we'd need lots of slaves, cus that's what America was built on. Then you ended by saying "Our uniqueness and diversity can be harnessed"- sounds pretty familiar and generic. Generally speaking your argument for a 1 Nigeria is flawed, inconsistent and impracticable. Nice talk anyways, Cheers.
Re: If We Do Not Heal, We Cannot Build. A Case For 1 Nigeria by 9japride(m): 1:21pm On Sep 24, 2021
The issue of tribalism in Nigeria has already eaten deep and its unfortunate that those who enjoys the product of tribalism are not saying anything or criticizing leaders who are their tribes men due to they can't talk while eating. National orientation agency needs to be scrabbed. What have they done to preach about unity and the dangers of injustice in the country? Until we all as a country tell ourselves the real truth and come together to discuss the way forward, the country will keep running in circles. Politics has made a lot of people not to think straight, to them politics is war and the winner takes it all. Smh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Supporters Stranded Following Facebook Shutdown / Nnamdi Kanu Has No Case To Answer And Should Be Released: Sen Abaribe / Presidential Aspirant, Tinubu’s Supporters Fight Dirty While Sharing money.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.