Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Xioami Spys On Their Customer's Data, How True Is This - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xioami Spys On Their Customer's Data, How True Is This (3464 Views)

Pls How True Is This About Welcoming Back A Lost SIM? / High Cost Of Data, How Do You Guys Cope? / Should I Go For Xioami Redmi 4x Or Tecno Phantom 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xioami Spys On Their Customer's Data, How True Is This by skywalker240(m): 7:32am On Oct 01, 2021
thepoweruser:
My guy wey go talk for phone say him sabi do hmmm work because of Sapa minutes afta he on data him just dey see hookup alat everywhere. grin

@OP you tink say na only 'Naomi' (grin) dey do am?

Guy every one on the web is spying on you, collecting your data so they can sell it to third parties, including advertisers. Make I list them? cheesy

1) Grand Commander of the Federal Republic of Spying, Google. My guy, if you see even the tiniest amount of data the big G collects from your Android; you go wan piss for body. cheesy

2) Chief Priest of Amebo and Pokenosing, Facebook. Oga, fear that wily Jew* Zuckerberg oh. The guy wey dey cover him laptop webcam and microphone; you know wetin he dey see?

3) Senior Prefects of Giraffing ( grin) Amazon, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter, Netflix, etc. (Mr Man, that guy Bezos wey get kpari ogo like egg; grin grin grin hmmm, fear am oh. Bill Gate abi Bill Door sef, fear am too join.)

4) Chief Daddy of Peeping, your phone vendor/manufacturer.

5) Ogologo Ambassador of Amebo, your network provider (MTN, Glo, etc.)

And millions, no; literally millions of others. Dude, even your ANTIVIRUS dey spy on you.

You wan stop am? How? SIMPLE.

GO DEY USE NOKIA TONONSOBE. grin grin grin

Modified: On a more serious note; to see what these companies collect about you is terrifying.

For Google, go to your account settings > data and personalization > search history and be awed. (TRUST ME: THAT WHICH YOU SEE THERE ISN'T EVEN EVERYTHING THEY KNOW.)

For all others;

Use NoScript plugin for Firefox (verified by my favourite snitch, Snowden wink )

Rudolf Abel, Ethel and Julius Rosenberg, Aldrich Ames, Oleg Penkovskiy, Kim Philby, Mata Hari and Johannes Eppler dem be learner for the level whey dis people dey. grin

* Pardon the stereotyping, I'm not anti-Semitic. I just hate hypocrisy. angry
Actually comrade

This thread was even created by a transsion marketer
Re: Xioami Spys On Their Customer's Data, How True Is This by infysim: 11:04am On Oct 01, 2021
Someone rightly said that everyone is spying on the internet for their own benefits. Most of them want your buying habits so that they can push you new ads and product notifications etc.
But yes, collecting all your data and send to a remote location is something not common.

Someone has already shown on a video how the Xiaomi Keyboard collects texts and sends to a remote server.
Even after this got viral, Xiaomi India CEO said that an update came which does not have this issue.

So, yes, if you do not have a problem than why update, right?

But, I would say, you do an experiment on your own to be sure what is going on.
Re: Xioami Spys On Their Customer's Data, How True Is This by chocoboi: 9:25am On Oct 11, 2021
Xiaomi i hail una ooo.. which dey una come turn thief overnight like this...
Re: Xioami Spys On Their Customer's Data, How True Is This by Corroro: 7:11pm On Oct 11, 2021
Keep your unwarranted hatred for TECNO aside, as a brand they don't go around stealing their customers secret data, that's really a bad thing for any brand to do.
skywalker240:
You just had to spoil it all by mentioning that stupid Chinese brand called Tecno

You no see Samsung, Nokia, or Apple na the worst of the pack na did marketer de use compare undecided

Go and market your rubbish with sense
Re: Xioami Spys On Their Customer's Data, How True Is This by Corroro: 7:12pm On Oct 11, 2021
DlawTECHY:

They are number 1
yes TECNO are number 1 brand in Africa is that's what you mean grin
Re: Xioami Spys On Their Customer's Data, How True Is This by skywalker240(m): 7:32pm On Oct 11, 2021
Corroro:
Keep your unwarranted hatred for TECNO aside, as a brand they don't go around stealing their customers secret data, that's really a bad thing for any brand to do.
Are you trough using your alternate acc to hype your fraud?

corroro aka selfdefence, iseoluwanimi?

once again, market with sense
Re: Xioami Spys On Their Customer's Data, How True Is This by Corroro: 7:36pm On Oct 11, 2021
skywalker240:

Are you trough using your alternate acc to hype your fraud?

corroro aka selfdefence, iseoluwanimi?

once again, market with sense
keep calling names, na so madness dey start grin

1 Like

Re: Xioami Spys On Their Customer's Data, How True Is This by skywalker240(m): 7:43pm On Oct 11, 2021
Corroro:
keep calling names, na so madness dey start grin
busted.

folks, dats how you know them.

MARKETERS

quoting themselves.

#SCAMMERSAREBUSTED

#STAYAWAY4RMTRANSSIONFRAUDSHIP. cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nokia: First Ever Android Tablet Hits Market / How Much Is A Brand New Bb Torch ? / Broadband Penetration Hits 23%, Says Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.