Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Before I Go I Will Make Sure I Correct Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life- Pastor Kum - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Before I Go I Will Make Sure I Correct Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life- Pastor Kum (3731 Views)

Commissioning Of Deeper Life International Headquarters, Gbagada Lagos (Live) / Pastor Kumuyi: I Will Remove Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life (Throwback Video) / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before I Go I Will Make Sure I Correct Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life- Pastor Kum by FreedomfromtheT: 12:02pm On Sep 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
There is Everything Wrong with applying rules/traditions of men in the name of God. That you don't know this confirms that you don't KNOW Jesus Christ. undecided

There is Everything Wrong with inserting what you call your marriage committee between God's commandment on marriage and God's sheep wanting to obey God's commandment... if you don't know this, even after learning of the story in the garden of Eden, means you are far away from God still. undecided

Kumuyi, who at least admits to the failures you seem all too wiling to deny in glory of him, has now admitted to you that his marriage committee and women ministrles are indeed of the traditions of men and not of God. What are you still arguing about? undecided
You can continue with your misrepresentations. Pastor Kumuyi never said the Marriage Committee and women ministries are not of God. Both are still functioning today and serving their purposes to the glory of God as the people in charge have learnt to conduct the affairs better. Thank you.
Re: Before I Go I Will Make Sure I Correct Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life- Pastor Kum by Kobojunkie: 1:21pm On Sep 25, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
You can continue with your misrepresentations. Pastor Kumuyi never said the Marriage Committee and women ministries are not of God. Both are still functioning today and serving their purposes to the glory of God as the people in charge have learnt to conduct the affairs better. Thank you.
Really? undecided
Voice22:
He talked about the Marriage committee, he said there is no marriage committee in the Bible but they created it so that youths can have lovely marriages and that will reduce marriage failure.
He said that he will if Marriage Counselling will make the church fall then he’s ready to remove it from the church.

He added that the Women ministry is also the doing of the church and not biblical, he said the ministry was created to ensure that the women are well equipped financially, physically, in marriage and also other aspects.
undecided
Re: Before I Go I Will Make Sure I Correct Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life- Pastor Kum by FreedomfromtheT: 1:43pm On Sep 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Really? undecided undecided
From what you posted, how are the Marriage Committee and Women ministries not of God? Because those appellations are not in the Bible? You are wrong sir. The Marriage Committee is set up to ensure that Christian marriages are done decently and in order according to 1st Corinthians 14:40. Abraham, the friend of God, guided his servant in the choice of a wife for his son according to Genesis 24:1-9. So guiding young ones on how to marry to avoid 'dating' which may lead to immorality and 'double or multiple dating' which may lead to confusion, especially in a holiness church is of God. Elderly and experienced women are admonished to guide the younger women on how to be better wives and mothers as Noami guided Ruth according to Ruth chapter 3 and according to Titus 2:3-5. This is what the women ministries is all about. So it is also of God. Thank you.
Re: Before I Go I Will Make Sure I Correct Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life- Pastor Kum by Kobojunkie: 2:13pm On Sep 25, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
From what you posted, how are the Marriage Committee and Women ministries not of God? Because those appellations are not in the Bible? You are wrong sir. The Marriage Committee is set up to ensure that Christian marriages are done decently and in order according to 1st Corinthians 14:40. Abraham, the friend of God, guided his servant in the choice of a wife for his son according to Genesis 24:1-9. So guiding young ones on how to marry to avoid 'dating' which may lead to immorality and 'double or multiple dating' which may lead to confusion, especially in a holiness church is of God. Elderly and experienced women are admonished to guide the younger women on how to be better wives and mothers as Noami guided Ruth according to Ruth chapter 3 and according to Titus 2:3-5. This is what the women ministries is all about. So it is also of God. Thank you.
From what I posted of what your own Kumuyi said? undecided
Voice22:
He talked about the Marriage committee, he said there is no marriage committee in the Bible but they created it so that youths can have lovely marriages and that will reduce marriage failure.
He said that he will if Marriage Counselling will make the church fall then he’s ready to remove it from the church.

He added that the Women ministry is also the doing of the church and not biblical, he said the ministry was created to ensure that the women are well equipped financially, physically, in marriage and also other aspects.
undecided

I am asking you to actually pick up and read that book so you can indeed learn the Truth of God as far as Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant agreement and Law in the Kingdom of God is concerned. He particularly addressed Marriage Laws in Matthew 5 vs 27 - 32 and Matthew 19 vs 1 - 11. Here's a bit of a cue Jesus Christ never commanded that any third party intrude on the marriage process in His Name. undecided

Also, Jesus Christ was clear that in His Kingdom, everyone is equal, there are no males, females, blacks, whites, blue, green, old, young, single, married, tall, short, rich, poor - none of those classifications exist in the Kingdom of God - there are only Children of God and Jesus Christ is Head over them all. So a women committee is His name of against Jesus Christ- Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10 and the treatment of women as subordinates to me is also against Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Before I Go I Will Make Sure I Correct Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life- Pastor Kum by FreedomfromtheT: 2:29pm On Sep 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
From what I posted of what your own Kumuyi said? undecided
undecided

I am asking you to actually pick up and read that book so you can indeed learn the Truth of God as far as Jesus Christ, God's New Covenant agreement and Law in the Kingdom of God is concerned. He particularly addressed Marriage Laws in Matthew 5 vs 27 - 32 and Matthew 19 vs 1 - 11. Here's a bit of a cue Jesus Christ never commanded that any third party intrude on the marriage process in His Name. undecided

Also, Jesus Christ was clear that in His Kingdom, everyone is equal, there are no males, females, blacks, whites, blue, green, old, young, single, married, tall, short, rich, poor - none of those classifications exist in the Kingdom of God - there are only Children of God and Jesus Christ is Head over them all. So a women committee is His name of against Jesus Christ- Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10 and the treatment of women as subordinates to me is also against Jesus Christ. undecided
All those classifications on the basis of males, females, blacks, whites, old, young etc and women being made to be inferior are your own making and a figment of your own imaginations. I can see you are now bereft of faults to find with Deeper Life and is now holding on to straws. Are you that jobless?
Re: Before I Go I Will Make Sure I Correct Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life- Pastor Kum by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On Sep 25, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
All those classifications on the basis of males, females, blacks, whites, old, young etc and women being made to be inferior are your own making and a figment of your own imaginations. I can see you are now bereft of faults to find with Deeper Life and is now holding on to straws. Are you that jobless?
Interesting!
8 But you must not be called ‘Teacher.’ You are all equal as brothers and sisters. You have only one Teacher.
9 And don’t call anyone on earth ‘Father.’ You have one Father. He is in heaven.
10 And you should not be called ‘Master.’ You have only one Master, the Messiah.
11 Whoever serves you like a servant is the greatest among you. - Matthew 23 vs 8 - 11
I guess Jesus Christ was wrong then. undecided
Re: Before I Go I Will Make Sure I Correct Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life- Pastor Kum by FreedomfromtheT: 3:16pm On Sep 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Interesting!

I guess Jesus Christ was wrong then. undecided
So what has the above quotation of yours got to do with the topic at hand and your earlier false accusation about classifications in Deeper Life?
Re: Before I Go I Will Make Sure I Correct Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life- Pastor Kum by Kobojunkie: 3:32pm On Sep 25, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
So what has the above quotation of yours got to do with the topic at hand and your earlier false accusation about classifications in Deeper Life?
Was this not the question you had asked after learning what Kumuyi in fact said?
FreedomfromtheT:
From what you posted, how are the Marriage Committee and Women ministries not of God? Because those appellations are not in the Bible? .
Re: Before I Go I Will Make Sure I Correct Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life- Pastor Kum by sexy74(m): 4:40pm On Sep 25, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
Please what exactly were the members misled into doing?
First of all, he agreed that he would be changing the doctrines , that alone is is enough to tell you he misled th with the doctrines.
Telling them to sell off their Television sets saying that it is devilish, making them believe that poverty is a way to heaven.
Re: Before I Go I Will Make Sure I Correct Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life- Pastor Kum by FreedomfromtheT: 5:49pm On Sep 25, 2021
sexy74:

First of all, he agreed that he would be changing the doctrines , that alone is is enough to tell you he misled th with the doctrines.
Telling them to sell off their Television sets saying that it is devilish, making them believe that poverty is a way to heaven.
You are wrong in both assumptions. First, they are not a doctrine that affects peoples' eternal wellbeing. They are church administrative mechanisms. Secondly, since I fully joined the church and even as a visitor, I never heard him tell anyone to throw away their televisions. Thirdly, he did not say that poverty is a way to heaven. Never. He only teaches against ill-gotten wealth that will damn the immortal soul at death or rapture in accordance with the Bible that says "What shall it profit a man if he should gain the whole world and lose his own sou?" There are lots of rich members and he teaches others to work hard and he for us to be legitimately rich, healthy and happy. Thanks.
Re: Before I Go I Will Make Sure I Correct Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life- Pastor Kum by Kobojunkie: 6:00pm On Sep 25, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:
You are wrong in both assumptions. First, they are not a doctrine that affects peoples' eternal wellbeing. They are church administrative mechanisms. Secondly, since I fully joined the church and even as a visitor, I never heard him tell anyone to throw away their televisions. Thirdly, he did not say that poverty is a way to heaven. Never. He only teaches against ill-gotten wealth that will damn the immortal soul at death or rapture in accordance with the Bible that says "What shall it profit a man if he should gain the whole world and lose his own sou?" There are lots of rich members and he teaches others to work hard and he for us to be legitimately rich, healthy and happy. Thanks.
That is exactly what they are. They are preached to you in the name of God hence making it about the wellbeing of your eternal soul. undecided

Even the Pharisees preached of the washing of hands in much similar manner, and Jesus Christ condemned them for doing that. - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 undecided

About ill-gotten wealth, the kind God condemned in Ezekiel 34 vs 1 - 16 and John 10 vs 1 - 16 is wealth gotten from fleecing His sheep - those who ask money from His sheep in His Name and those who run their business in His name - so-called Christian businesses. undecided
Re: Before I Go I Will Make Sure I Correct Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life- Pastor Kum by sexy74(m): 6:03pm On Sep 25, 2021
FreedomfromtheT:

Naturally everyone defends his own

Am not telling what I don't know neither am I telling you as someone that did not attend the church at all.
Time will continue to tell as it is telling now .
Re: Before I Go I Will Make Sure I Correct Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life- Pastor Kum by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:10pm On Sep 25, 2021
He is fighting against his conscience because he has been hiding the truth from his members all these while.
He's getting prepared for the lake of fire though! undecided
Re: Before I Go I Will Make Sure I Correct Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life- Pastor Kum by nannyo(f): 6:38pm On Sep 25, 2021
Actually, i will believe what @Wawelexy said. I grew up in Deeper Life, although am now in Winners. Back in the 90s we were not allowed to watch TV. I remember how my Dad will remove our TV from the parlour and hide it so we cant access it. If you didnt experience the No TV era, then it is either you are a new commer or you are very young.
FreedomfromtheT:
I don't know your uncle. If your claim is right, please tell him that I said there is no such Deeper Life doctrine against watching of T.Vs. The doctrine I know is that of the Bible which is against sinfulness, indulgences, vanities, evils and the corrupting influences of the media. Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before I Go I Will Make Sure I Correct Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life- Pastor Kum by Kobojunkie: 8:15am On Sep 26, 2021
desiredhome:

The law is only for the certain people....is this not double standard?
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Before I Go I Will Make Sure I Correct Some Doctrines Of Deeper Life- Pastor Kum by Image123(m): 11:49am On Sep 27, 2021
petra1:

You nko? You no dey call me out? Miss you jare

cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus' Tomb Revealed. Jesus Wasn't Resurrected / Why Did God Have To Take A Break After Six Days Of Actively Creating The World? / The Late Dr Munroe Taught Jesus Is Not The Gospel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.