Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,795 members, 7,956,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:57 PM

DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa (30278 Views)

Hisense Unveils First 100-inch TV Made In South Africa (PICS) / BBTitans: It Is Taboo To Date Nigerians in South Africa — Khosi / Who Is The Best Iptv Provider In 2020? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by vicfajeze: 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2021
TMKsouth:

No news on Nigeria yet. But DSTV always launches at home in SA first and then Africa follows soon
Yes now.Ile lati nkesho rode.
Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by Zico777(m): 1:14pm On Sep 25, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
SA is their home market..

Charity begins at home.. shocked
Oh
Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by Franking: 1:22pm On Sep 25, 2021
U pay 7,900 a month for the Compact bouquet yet not a single decent channel for western movies. 90% of the channels on offer are useless. Instead they want u to pay 2k extra for showmax and all what not. They should come and carry me na.
I blame the toothless TSTV that raised our hope and then dashed it.

5 Likes

Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 25, 2021
Lol. Imagine using Dstv internet to watch Netflix. Dstv must adapt to the new norm and improve their services or die.
Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by SweetDipBenny(m): 1:24pm On Sep 25, 2021
TMKsouth:

No news on Nigeria yet. But DSTV always launches at home in SA first and then Africa follows soon
Hope u know SA is in africa
Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by Franking: 1:24pm On Sep 25, 2021
TearNinja001:
shocked Interesting, nothing for Nigerian subscribers yet?

Nothing for Naija. Na only to consume and make noise una sabi.
Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by lomprico(m): 1:26pm On Sep 25, 2021
Na Adenuga dey fukup! With that his submarine cable he can start a digital satellite TV that will give dstv a run for their money.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by Goldbw122(m): 1:28pm On Sep 25, 2021
They would just make it very expensive in Nigeria because that is what they know how to do, just getting corrupt profit for them self and neglecting the citizens or Nigeria.. they honour foreigners more than their own brother
Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by Evolution3x: 1:37pm On Sep 25, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
What's the point?

COMPETITION is the point..

A good and healthy market thrives on competition and the consumers are the winners at the end of the day.
yeah right

Like there isn't already enough competition already. How many of the current network provider is even willing to give you unlimited internet? You think them coming will change anything? Yinmu.

They give you super fast internet and a shitty bandwidth cap to make it unusable.

I was testing Airtel 4g speed the other day and I was getting 120mb/second consistent speed.

But low and behold, I was given meagre 40gb for the sum 10k

10k is more than 30% of Nigerian minimum wage

1 Like

Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by Lightorder: 1:55pm On Sep 25, 2021
All take note of the South African startup price

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by FlipModeSquade(m): 2:09pm On Sep 25, 2021
Evolution3x:
yeah right

Like there isn't already enough competition already. How many of the current network provider is even willing to give you unlimited internet? You think them coming will change anything? Yinmu.

They give you super fast internet and a shitty bandwidth cap to make it unusable.

I was testing Airtel 4g speed the other day and I was getting 120mb/second consistent speed.

But low and behold, I was given meagre 40gb for the sum 10k

10k is more than 30% of Nigerian minimum wage
There can never be enough competition..

A player can come in and change the landscape of internet and mobile network business in Nigeria and Multichoice has the capability to be that player..

The entry of Glo into the mobile network business,5 years after the others,changed the landscape forever in Nigeria and consumers were better for it..

Cheaper calls,per second billings and cheaper SIMS etc..

And compared to other countries,with the same economic indices,data in Nigeria is not exceptionally costly..

It is not the fault of these Companies that data is 'expensive ' in Nigeria..

You live in this country and you know what is happening..

EVERYTHING is skyrocketing in price..

How then do you expect data to be any different?

When they are operating in the same economic environment..
Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by Michealeni: 2:11pm On Sep 25, 2021
If only they can replicate same thing here in Nigeria....some of this foreign companies see Nigeria as cash cow, because of bad poor policy and system of government.
Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by LMS1(m): 2:16pm On Sep 25, 2021
dominique:
That's the way to go now that smart tv is taking over and cable tv could get phased out in the years to come. They actually had internet services in the early 2000s which they called m-web. It was discontinued due to low patronage back then, now is the time to bring it back
NOR VEX, So you still dey active?
Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by dfrost: 2:25pm On Sep 25, 2021
TMKsouth:

SA is "Africa Lite".

cheesy grin TMK you won't kill somebody cheesy

1 Like

Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by dfrost: 2:27pm On Sep 25, 2021
Michealeni:
If only they can replicate same thing here in Nigeria....some of this foreign companies see Nigeria as cash cow, because of bad poor policy and system of government.

Other factors cause the high cost

Cost of running and maintaining a Gen set
Cost of paying off touts
Cost of bribing government officials

angry

3 Likes

Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:35pm On Sep 25, 2021
When will they do same in naija or will our government ask them to pay 'matching ground' fees?
Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by micflo28(m): 2:37pm On Sep 25, 2021
Please they should do away with their big wide plate dishes and find a way around poor network when it rains.
Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by zoedew: 3:15pm On Sep 25, 2021
Lame TSTV kickstarted this and should have a headstart. Again, it would appear DSTV is set to beat them to it!
Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by starstaz(m): 3:26pm On Sep 25, 2021
Tstv comes straight to my mind.

Sharp guys, smart company. They quickly copy tstv ideas and made it strong, bold and reliable.

Nigeria, the homeland that eliminates intelligence and innovations. Sorry is your friend Tstv.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by naijaguy123456(m): 3:27pm On Sep 25, 2021
AutoBodyParts:
Beautiful. Hope they do same in Nigeria

ZOO
Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by jsancho(m): 3:27pm On Sep 25, 2021
Make dem no come naija ooo... coz data go dey expensive!!! u go de see Premium data, Compact data, Compact data plus.
Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by ghettochild(m): 3:32pm On Sep 25, 2021
It damn expensive.. I keep seeing their advert for their internet TV box and says its R550 or so for 25G... and I just laughed when am rocking Cell Cs 50g Day n 50g night for R200 on my Router.

2 Likes

Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by Federalis: 3:42pm On Sep 25, 2021
1billi:
Omo may dem come o so we boyz go dey do local carting tongue
Yahoo boy spotted.

1 Like

Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by pavoda: 3:59pm On Sep 25, 2021
Their engine go knock if they bring that one to Nigeria. Competition is rife. IPNX all the way! Unlimited data is what they should offer not that capped nonsense
Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by Charx122: 4:08pm On Sep 25, 2021
Zico777:

Oga, is SA Europe or America?

Asia I guess
Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by themanderon: 4:37pm On Sep 25, 2021
grin ;DThey stole the idea from the failed TSTV. angry
Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by purplekayc(m): 4:40pm On Sep 25, 2021
Capped data?
Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by Zico777(m): 5:06pm On Sep 25, 2021
Charx122:

Asia I guess
grin grin
Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by Agbebakun22: 6:30pm On Sep 25, 2021
Make dem no come oo, dstv no dey like pay tax
Re: DSTV Is Now An Internet Provider In South Africa by Gfskw: 8:45pm On Sep 25, 2021
Really

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hermes Has Been Evicted From The Big Brother Naija Level Up House / BBNaija: Isilomo "Losing My Job Triggered My Interest In The Show" / 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.