Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,281 members, 7,836,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB (28651 Views)

FG Bans Underage Candidates From Taking Common Entrance Exams / Free Exam Portal Answer For WAEC,NECO, NABTEB &JAMB / New General Maths SSS1-3. Step By Step Solutions To All Exercises. 1st Time Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by Makib2020(m): 2:54pm On Sep 24, 2021
Bubu at it again...
He be like say head dea pain FG somehow �

1 Like

Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by ekerintee: 2:56pm On Sep 24, 2021
I think in Nigeria ,we Like rushing things.no Matter how brilliant you ,i dont think u are allowed to Skip any class in Europe.Am Not so Sure anyway,but i think in Nigeria,anything goes.A Parent can decide His child goes to University from ss1 ,passing an exam does Not mean you covered the required Curriculum.So studying to Pass an exam does Not mean indepth knowlege of the syllabus.so there is a good and Bad Side to IT.alot of Parent have abused the Process and hence there is need for regulation.on the other Hand ,some Student write the exam in oder to prepare for the final exam

kingphilip:
Most SS1 and SS2 pupils who write these external examinations at that level do so to test their preparedness for the examination.

Most of them still end up doing SS3 because before the result comes out, the next session would have resumed.

I think they should also ban the writing of Primary School leaving certificate in Primary 4 and 5 if that is the case.

This measure won't solve anything. They should let those kids be!!!

Shey they don't want those examination bodies to be posting outrageous profits ni?

And if they don't pass?

Shey no be money dem waste?

1 Like

Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by Vicoymi: 2:59pm On Sep 24, 2021
cry cryyou too dey see
FalseProphet1:
I see buhari banning all exams across the country, I see him converting universities, polytechnics and colleagues of education to cattle ranch, I see buhari ordering Nigerian youths to go into the bush and learn farming.

This I have seen.
Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by kingphilip(m): 3:00pm On Sep 24, 2021
Sterope:
How much is your cousin paying? Is it enough to pay for the papers, logistics and administrative costs?

He dusted the exams then and since I don't have any direct cause to ask for the amount paid, I didn't care to find out.

How about the examination bodies that post profits too? You mean they still get government subsidies on these examinations and still post profits?

The only thing I'm aware of is state governments paying the fees for their students and not the federal government subsidizing the fees.

But since you're in the know, kindly enlighten me please
Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by sylve11: 3:00pm On Sep 24, 2021
Good cool
Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by kuntash: 3:02pm On Sep 24, 2021
Siggynigeria:
The government leave the most important things and place their focus on irrelevant and inconsequential issues.
Of all the raging troubles and crises hitting this country, should the class a child choose to write his exams be their problem?

I drop a video on the comparison between the University of Nigeria, Nsukka and the University of Ghana, Lagon.
Watch : https://www.nairaland.com/6768620/university-nigeria-vs-university-ghana#106129405

Siggy, 2021

You couldn't have said it better ..

So many times I wonder who thinks for these people
Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by kingphilip(m): 3:03pm On Sep 24, 2021
ekerintee:
I think in Nigeria ,we Like rushing things.no Matter how brilliant you ,i dont think u are allowed to Skip any class in Europe.Am Not so Sure anyway,but i think in Nigeria,anything goes.A Parent can decide His child goes to University from ss1 ,passing an exam does Not mean you covered the required Curriculum.So studying to Pass an exam does Not mean indepth knowlege of the syllabus.so there is a good and Bad Side to IT.alot of Parent have abused the Process and hence there is need for regulation.on the other Hand ,some Student write the exam in oder to prepare for the final exam
I can tell you that over 75% of students in lower levels who sit for these external examinations do so to guage their level of preparedness for the main ones and not to gain access to higher institutions.

If it is for the purpose of higher institutions, they will usually take utme same period but they don't.

I agree that skipping a class isn't ideal though
Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by bigtt76(f): 3:13pm On Sep 24, 2021
Is this necessary at all? Many will do this and take off without their school knowing cheesy

HonNL:

[url=https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-fg-bans-sss1-sss2-students-from-taking-external-wassce-neco-nabteb/%3famp] SOURCE [/url]
Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by Richy4(m): 3:13pm On Sep 24, 2021

I love it... The universities in Nigeria is now like secondary schools... Lecturer no longer hesitates to ask students to kneel down because of certain behaviours...

This could be one of the ways to eradicate that... A little bit of maturity would go a long way..

Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by nkiliuzo(m): 3:16pm On Sep 24, 2021
thank God me don write my own comot
Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 24, 2021
Watin concern government with this, they should concentrate on more pressing issues.
Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by Shaev7(m): 3:22pm On Sep 24, 2021
Good
Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by Coldie(m): 3:24pm On Sep 24, 2021
Nice one
Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by 2468iyajo(m): 3:27pm On Sep 24, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see buhari banning all exams across the country, I see him converting universities, polytechnics and colleagues of education to cattle ranch, I see buhari ordering Nigerian youths to go into the bush and learn farming.

This I have seen.
point of correction mr man, is college no colleagues pls
Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by Yankee101: 3:27pm On Sep 24, 2021
If a child is gifted, why hold them back?

1 Like

Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by Macstephenson01(m): 3:29pm On Sep 24, 2021
Siggynigeria:
The government leave the most important things and place their focus on irrelevant and inconsequential issues.
Of all the raging troubles and crises hitting this country, should the class a child choose to write his exams be their problem?

I drop a video on the comparison between the University of Nigeria, Nsukka and the University of Ghana, Lagon.
Watch : https://www.nairaland.com/6768620/university-nigeria-vs-university-ghana#106129405

Siggy, 2021
u are one of Nigeria problem
u guys support corruption cuz it not a big issue like u term it but this children teach illegal shortcut turn to be worse than what they are thought
deal with crime at lesser stage, don't wait till ur house is fully on fire before u put off over burning candle
Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by 2468iyajo(m): 3:29pm On Sep 24, 2021
Drsnives:
Mumu people
are you not among the people
Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by geezynoni: 3:32pm On Sep 24, 2021
Wetin be this? . This nation has lost it.
Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by Zainabthegirl1(f): 3:35pm On Sep 24, 2021
Why now
Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by ensamy(m): 3:37pm On Sep 24, 2021
Good, some parents will pay an agent to sit for WAEC , NECO external exams for Thier child who is in JSS class... The complete results will be ready while the child is still at JSS. They just destroyed our educational system. sad sad Terrible things.
It can't happen in Ghana, Cameroon, Benin Republic etc.
Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by Drsnives(m): 3:37pm On Sep 24, 2021
2468iyajo:
are you not among the people
All of us join
Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by ensamy(m): 3:40pm On Sep 24, 2021
Yankee101:
If a child is gifted, why hold them back?
A gifted child should follow the normal process of education and not shortcuts. All this affects the children at last. I have lived in foreign countries and things are not done this way. This is why nations don't value our certificates anymore.
Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by blaqkid205(m): 3:49pm On Sep 24, 2021
Na your own you talk only 5k go finish the matter especially public skul that one easy die
Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by rezzy: 4:06pm On Sep 24, 2021
kingphilip:
Most SS1 and SS2 pupils who write these external examinations at that level do so to test their preparedness for the examination.

Most of them still end up doing SS3 because before the result comes out, the next session would have resumed.

I think they should also ban the writing of Primary School leaving certificate in Primary 4 and 5 if that is the case.

This measure won't solve anything. They should let those kids be!!!

Shey they don't want those examination bodies to be posting outrageous profits ni?

And if they don't pass?

Shey no be money dem waste?

Lagos State has already pegged Jss1 entry age as 12, effective from next session
Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by matm: 4:19pm On Sep 24, 2021
chiiraq802:
School na Scam for 9ja...

Goan hustle, learn handi work or Bomb....with money them go award you B.sc, B.eng, PHD or any wan weh you choose.

Half of the people piloting the affairs of this country no do Matriculation.

Education is a priceless gift you can give to any child
If u were not educated,u won't be on nairaland to type and half education is a disease
Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by Yankee101: 4:32pm On Sep 24, 2021
ensamy:

A gifted child should follow the normal process of education and not shortcuts. All this affects the children at last. I have lived in foreign countries and things are not done this way. This is why nations don't value our certificates anymore.

In which foreign country?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/27/us/12-year-old-graduating-high-school-college-trnd/index.html

2 Likes

Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by stinechykee: 4:49pm On Sep 24, 2021
HonNL:

[url=https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-fg-bans-sss1-sss2-students-from-taking-external-wassce-neco-nabteb/%3famp] SOURCE [/url]
This move is good if thesame WAEC body that issues this ban will maintain it cos they are the one that will still collect bribe from tne external exam centers and they will shut up
Re: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Taking External WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB by NeloNelo: 5:19pm On Sep 24, 2021
stinechykee:
This move is good if thesame WAEC body that issues this ban will maintain it cos they are the one that will still collect bribe from tne external exam centers and they will shut up

https://thegisthouse.com/fg-ss1-and-ss2-banned-from-taking-waec-neco-nabteb/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help Lost My Gce Examination Number / Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] / NASU, ASUU, Others Threaten To Shut Down UNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.