Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,067 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

What Percentage Of Nairalanders Are Females??? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Percentage Of Nairalanders Are Females??? (951 Views)

Types Of Nairalanders Found Here On Nairaland!!! / Different Types Of Nairalanders Supporting Russia/ Putin / The Mystery Of NAIRALANDERS And The Quest For Front Page. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Percentage Of Nairalanders Are Females??? by abs102: 3:49pm On Sep 24, 2021
I'm wondering, are there any female users on nairaland? If u look at people viewing a particular at any instant, you'd see alot of males and hardly any female. I'm guessing that female users occupy less than 2% of Nairalanders....

What do u think
Re: What Percentage Of Nairalanders Are Females??? by Eviana(f): 7:11pm On Sep 24, 2021
I would think not too high in comparison to males.

Probably for "2" reasons (from what I've learned over my years here)..need I not even say.

Some don't identify their gender, and others who do may just quietly read and never comment.
Then you have the huge group of males pretending to be females. It's so extremely obvious to me when it's a male pretending...
Anyhow, your patriarchal society there in Nigeria teaches females to be silent and non-opinionated from birth.
Only a minority actually develop a "voice".
I think that carries on to this website.
Many probably have opinions or strong views about issues, but afraid to voice them for fear of being labeled a "jezebel" "husband/man" "unmarriageable" "feminist" or "trouble-maker" etc.

Will probably never know since there is no viable or reputable vetting/verifiable process for users.

1 Like

Re: What Percentage Of Nairalanders Are Females??? by abs102: 8:59pm On Sep 24, 2021
Eviana:
I would think not too high in comparison to males.

Probably for "2" reasons (from what I've learned over my years here)..need I not even say.

Some don't identify their gender, and others who do may just quietly read and never comment.
Then you have the huge group of males pretending to be females. It's so extremely obvious to me when it's a male pretending...
Anyhow, your patriarchal society there in Nigeria teaches females to be silent and non-opinionated from birth.
Only a minority actually develop a "voice".
I think that carries on to this website.
Many probably have opinions or strong views about issues, but afraid to voice them for fear of being labeled a "jezebel" "husband/man" "unmarriageable" "feminist" or "trouble-maker" etc.

Will probably never know since there is no viable or reputable vetting/verifiable process for users.

You're very correct. Females generally have only a handful of subjects to which they are comfortable adding their voices. Nairaland, I want to beleive is not niched in those areas.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Cousin (cozn) / Warning From Hon.sule To The Moderator*** / Bank Loan: Pls Help Avert An Ugly Situation 4 This Young Enterprenuer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.