Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,471 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) (39900 Views)

Pimples Filled Oily Face Remedy? / How To Get Rid Of Oily Skin On The Face / See What The Doctor Recommended For My Pimples Ance And Oily Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by Mac12(f): 6:13pm On Sep 25, 2021
omotoshodontee1:
Go and start akara business

Lol
You don craze I swear�
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by Barims(m): 6:13pm On Sep 25, 2021
omotoshodontee1:
Go and start akara business

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by Barims(m): 6:14pm On Sep 25, 2021
chatinent:

Which part of your body bi this?

Na forehead be that
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by harley88(m): 6:19pm On Sep 25, 2021
I once had oily skin as well and pimple break out…..

Stop bathing with sponge
Try to bath at night
Use Hawaii carrot soap, that’s what I have been using for some months now
Use a mild body lotion like nivea and don’t cream your face except the Sun is really out
Always wash your towel very often like weekly
Use just one bathing soap: Hawaii……no changing
Watch what u eat
Get a face cleanser and use daily
Give it time
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by drizzle0007(m): 6:20pm On Sep 25, 2021
Mine use to be like this. Cheap remedies I can recommend is that you use antibacterial soaps for your face. Tetmosol will do. Use antifungal cream like skineal or funbact A too. Be persistent with this for the next 2-3 months. Apply the cream only at night and top it up with powder. You could also use facials cleanser before applyin them.
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by toblosky(m): 6:24pm On Sep 25, 2021
Idamond:

I sincerely appreciate!!
where can I get nixoderm and how does it look like?
Any pharmaceutical shop has it, buy both the Robb and the tube. U might want to use the tube during the day so that I won't show but since you aren't going out at night, use the rob
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by mrjojo: 6:30pm On Sep 25, 2021
Idamond:

My face is always OILY and it also cause PIMPLES on my face because of that I stop applying cream on my face, and the resultant is causing pimples on my face..

even after taking my bath in less than an hour oil will pop out from my face even if I'm under an air-conditioned...
please how do I stop these.
First You need to stop whatever you are currently using, it makes your face red.

Second, Get a good cleanser, Cerave foaming cleanser should do, massage on your face for like 5 minutes. Then get The ordinary Alpha arbutin.it a serum, Use 2-3 drops morning and night after cleansing, then get sunscreen Missha All-around Safe Block Aqua Sun Gel SPF50 is a very good one. You can get it all on JUMIA, note these are not miracle sharp sharp products o, they work gently and gradually.

PS: I don't understand why most men don't take care of themselves, facially and otherwise, Self care shouldn't be women only
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by bibbiana(f): 6:31pm On Sep 25, 2021
Try to Know the root cause. Either you consume excess fat and oil, which you should reduce or you wash your face wrongly by scrubbing with sponge.
Get a good medicated soap and wash face with hands to avoid skin irritation.
Dab excess water gently from your face, not scrubbing with towel, as this could cause irritation also.
If your family members are prone to having oily faces and pimples, then it's a generational gift
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by lwisee: 6:39pm On Sep 25, 2021
Don't follow most of the advises given here it gonna worsen the situation.
My case was worse than yours but my face is as smooth as that of a baby now.
It simply means your body can't handle the enormous fatty foods you consume.

* Cut down your fatty foods intake, it could even lead to high cholesterol.
* Stop eating fried foods,its better you grill them.
* avoid vegetable oil completely if possible
*take more of fruits, grains, cereals and foods rich in Fibre
*If you are to take palm oil, use the upper part not the thick one that settles down.
*Wash your face regularly with mild soaps like Joy or Lux.
*Most importantly, if you mastubate regularly please stop it, I don't really know the correlation but it's causes change in hormone levels.

Do this for just 6 weeks and observe the difference.
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by Polyol(m): 6:41pm On Sep 25, 2021
ICEWIN:

Why please,i want to know

I had similar problem with op. That's what worked for me.
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by Polyol(m): 6:42pm On Sep 25, 2021
Cokahot:
U must be kidding,for naija that has bad air pollution,from danfo,suya,okada,gen,mama put. If u like no use sponge for your face,na pile of dirt go full y face, I dare u to buy white handkerchief if u wn truly know how clean your face be. Itsjust like saying brushing with water and not tooth paste. OK na

Bros use iron sponge if you want na. I only recommend wetin work for me for op.
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by Rammycares(f): 6:46pm On Sep 25, 2021
Try this, it worked for me and a lots of my friends;

Get one slices of pawpaw blend it ,
Get tumeric powder from those mallam selling garlic in the market.

Take one spoon of the tumeric powder mix it with the pawpaw and use it as face mask on your face in the morning , 10 minutes before taking your bath.
Then four times a week, this should clear within a week.
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by eclectic90: 6:46pm On Sep 25, 2021
Idamond:

My face is always OILY and it also cause PIMPLES on my face because of that I stop applying cream on my face, and the resultant is causing pimples on my face..

even after taking my bath in less than an hour oil will pop out from my face even if I'm under an air-conditioned...

You need a dedicated skincare routine and it is not cheap or overnight miracle. You have to be patient and religious with it. Stop using the soap, cream and towel you use on your body on your face.
Get Cerave or Cetaphil Moisturizer ( can be used for both face and body) and facial cleanser. Get a niacinamide, sunscreen spf30 and above and Vitamin C serum
Morning :
1. wash face with the facial cleanser
2. Apply the niacinamide Serum( helps with oil control and other things)
3. Apply the Moisturiser
4. Apply sunscreen

Night:
1. Wash your face with the cleanser.
2. Apply the vitamin c serum (helps with brighting dark spots and skin)
3. Apply your moisturiser.

This is just a basic skincare routine. You can opt for advanced ones and add more products, but more doesn't always mean better. Good luck.
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by Eastcaostboy: 6:48pm On Sep 25, 2021
Idamond:

as you advance it will stop, it's based on your age, but personal hygiene and be mindful of things you digest groundnut and biscuit preciesly will help. Use lukewarm water for bath also. Use medicated soap not antiseptic
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by chris51(f): 6:48pm On Sep 25, 2021
Do not use sponge on your face.
Dudu Osun soap is very good for the control of face oil
Use facial scrub when bathing
Rub Shirley or Silver Rose on the face
Drink plenty of water.
If you follow above steps religiously you will overcome it.
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by chris51(f): 6:48pm On Sep 25, 2021
chris51:
Do not use sponge on your face.
Dudu Osun soap is very good for the control of face oil
Use facial scrub when bathing
Rub Shirley or Silver Rose on the face
Drink plenty of water.
If you follow above steps religiously you will overcome it.
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by VirgoG: 6:49pm On Sep 25, 2021
It's not the oily face that caused the pimples. I have an oily face too. I have seen men and ladies with oily face and without the pimples. Check what you eat.

For the oil, get a face towel that you can carry about. Use it to wipe your face if the oil is much and you can also buy oil control powder ( it's not only meant for females). It's in a normal long powder container not pancake powder o
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by uridiwan(m): 6:50pm On Sep 25, 2021
Just get a lime cut into two and rub to the affected areas make it daily routing and be cautious while doing so to avoid contact with your eyes....
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:56pm On Sep 25, 2021
Suspect33:
1.Rub lime or lemon on your face

2.Don't scrub your face with sponge

3.Always move around with a handkerchief to wipe off excessive oil build up from your face

OP, please don't apply lemon or lime or any of these DIYs on your face.

You'll.be running your skin's barrier.
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 25, 2021
Polyol:
Stop using sponge on your face when taking your bath. Use your palm and soap only. Good luck.
take this advice, don't bath too much
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:59pm On Sep 25, 2021
Cokahot:
U must be kidding,for naija that has bad air pollution,from danfo,suya,okada,gen,mama put. If u like no use sponge for your face,na pile of dirt go full y face, I dare u to buy white handkerchief if u wn truly know how clean your face be. Itsjust like saying brushing with water and not tooth paste. OK na

Your face is not supposed to be "squeaky clean."

Using sponge on the face is too harsh, and may further introduce germs.

But then again, men and their skin.

Y'all just seem to get away with so many things .

1 Like

Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by Hassanmaye(m): 7:02pm On Sep 25, 2021
Idamond:

Stop using Vaseline only use clean moisturiser
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:07pm On Sep 25, 2021
Woodpecker:

Wash your face with antiseptic soap morning, afternoon and at night. Also, change your pillow case every night. The pimples are caused by bacteria that the oil gives a conducive surface to breed. Keep your face clean and your oily skin won’t be an issue.

Antiseptics are only meant to be used periodically, not routinely.
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by bepositive11: 7:12pm On Sep 25, 2021
SmellySperm:
Rub your girlfriend's sperm. It will clear off

Girlfriend's sperm
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 25, 2021
Idamond:

Cut lime or lemon into two and rub the juice on your face. It will control the excess secretion and also dry out the pimples.
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by OKOATA(m): 7:31pm On Sep 25, 2021
akaahs:

Thanks for the information even though I'm not the op. I'm facing semilar situation, I have done everything except a visit to a dermatologist which I soon do. At 35 one is still facing pimples, my wife get angry seeing my face with pimples, she have tried her best too.
My question is, after taking the injection, will one have to take it again after the expiration of 6 or 1 year??
I need a permanent solution to it.
Thanks.
Bros first things first stop eating bread �, that thing na pimples generator. After taking the injection make sure to press the pimples and make sure the injection is the 5k own cos the doctor might lie he got the 5k while it's 2.5k. After a year the pimples will start coming back so you can take the injection again, try as much as possible to be using powder to rob your oily face it really helps.

1 Like

Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by Eidris01(m): 7:32pm On Sep 25, 2021
Where can I find a dermatologist, not far from mushin?
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by heysquare(m): 7:33pm On Sep 25, 2021
Get red close up toothpaste to wash your face at night 3x a week. It will remove the oil in your face. Discontinue immediately you notice the oil has been reduced
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by Idamond: 7:35pm On Sep 25, 2021
Eastcaostboy:
as you advance it will stop, it's based on your age, but personal hygiene and be mindful of things you digest groundnut and biscuit preciesly will help. Use lukewarm water for bath also. Use medicated soap not antiseptic

age how
Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:38pm On Sep 25, 2021
iHart:
Apply Nzu (clay) every night before you go to bed.

Yeah. Will function as a mask.

Effective for oily skin.

But there might be impurities.

2 Likes

Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:39pm On Sep 25, 2021
richmond500:
I was having the same problem.

There is a soap called funbact A, that soap could dry face, also make sure u always wash ur face consistently, never go to bed without bathing, all these reduced the way I was having pimples though, but I was still having it but it was reduced by 80%.

Currently I am using handsanitizer as cream(which solution man never find grin ), and I haven't seen pimples for 3months now.

My advantage is that I am dark in complexion so u can't easily see my pimples

Ohh. Please stop the ENTIRE routine!

FunbactA has steroids.

Your sanitiser is pure ethanol, and not in anyway a moisturiser. Bad for the skin!

1 Like

Re: Help: How Do I Stop Oily Face Or Control It? (picture) by McStoic(m): 7:39pm On Sep 25, 2021
Idamond:

Forget about the harsh responses you have gotten from folks here. In a way, oily skin is not bad. You will get to appreciate them when you grow older. It means you won't have wrinkles easily as well as stretch marks..
I will advise you first and foremost to;
1, Stop picking the pimples. Infact stop touching your face cos as you do so, you spread the bacteria to other parts of your body. STOP WORRYING TOO MUCH ABOUT IT COS THE MIND IS STRONG.

2, Take enough water. As soon as you get up from the bed in the morning, before any other thing, take water on an empty stomach, about 3 satchets of water.
Take about 8 to 9 satchets of pure water everyday or 3 bottles of big Eva water which is 150cl. Spread it through the whole day but start off in the morning...

3, Use mild soap as bathing soap. Lux soap will do. And try not to use sponge on your face or scrub it hard. You can just lather your face with foam from the soap and wash off...Use Aloe Vera gel only on your face..Check up "Fruit of the Earth" product. It's a little pricey sha..

4, Wash the towel you use now and then. Also, be careful of what clothing fabric you use to wipe your face. Always have a clean handkerchief you will use to clean your face when the oil gets much.

5, Stop eating too much processed foods or fatty ones like biscuits, butter, margarine, peanuts etc especially fried ones. GET ENOUGH SLEEP AMD BEWARE OF STRESS.

6, THIS ONE HELPED THOSE DAYS. I WENT ON A PAWPAW THERAPY FOR ONE MONTH. AS IN I WAS EATING A MEDIUM SIZED PAWPAW FRUIT ALL ALONE EVERYDAY ON EMPTY STOMACH.
.AFTER ONE MONTH, MY FACE WAS SUPER. YOU CAN ALSO INCORPORATE EATING FRUITS RICH IN VITAMINS A AND C..

8, If at all you want to pick a pimple, let it ripe first. Then when it's ripe, you can use needle to pick it and press out the pus gently.... Just clean the spot and don't disturb the area further. Just try to ignore your face..

9, Don't use chemicals on your face. By this, I mean don't just use every product you see. There are products you will use and they will leave your face too dry. This in turn, will make your sebaceous glands to over produce more oil for compensation. So you only end up aggravating what you wanted to stop.

HAVE THE PATIENCE TO TRY THESE FOR UP TO A MONTH CONSISTENTLY AND THEN NORMALISE THE ROUTINES IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE, SO AS TO STOP THEM REAPPEARING.
The list may be long. But they're my experiments and self taught. Pimples really dealt with me those days.. Just go natural and make sure you don't upset your body sebaceous glands. Also, YOU COULD BE PASSING THROUGH A FACE IN LIFE. AS YOU APPROACH LATE 20s AND LATE 30s, THEY WILL REDUCE..

LASTLY, PIMPLES MAY NEVER LEAVE TOTALLY. BUT IF YOU FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS RELIGIOUSLY. YOU STAND OVER 90 PERCENT CHANCE OF SUCCESS!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Meet Princess Dr. Mercy Seaphrora Uwakwe, Nigerian -american Medical Doctor / #10yearchallange: Girl Born Prematurely Without Sucking Her Mother's Breast / The Secret Behind The Toothpaste Bottom Colour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.