Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,961 members, 7,810,657 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? (8602 Views)

To Move Back From America Or Not... / Skywalk Bridge At Oshodi Installed By Lagos State Government (Photos) / Is This America Or A 3rd World Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by Reflect7: 3:47am On Sep 25, 2021
Is This America or Is This Oshodi?

Welcome to Philadelphia, USA, where walking zombies, many homeless, poverty-stricken, high on meth, codeine, crack, heroin, and other deadly drugs, fill city streets!

Many pack guns underneath their shabby clothes, so you dare not start an argument with any of them or it's goodbye Mama!

The America CNN will never show you!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex1IFzTS1FI

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by Reflect7: 4:14am On Sep 25, 2021
Apologies to Oshodi residents.

At least in Oshodi, you can accost a beggar and scold him to go and find work instead of begging.

In Philly, you don't try that.

If you can't give, just shush and walk on by. Don't talk. cool

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by porka: 4:37am On Sep 25, 2021
Same as many democratic party run cities. That's the definition of 'progressive'.

1 Like

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by Reflect7: 4:46am On Sep 25, 2021
porka:
Same as many democratic party run cities. That's the definition of 'progressive'.

But this is Mississippi, run by the Republican Party:

Grenada, Mississippi.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by chinjo(m): 4:49am On Sep 25, 2021
What is the basis for comparism? Every country in the world has a slum. Besides, most of these settlements are occupied by immigrants. I would rather be in a slum in American than to be in a city in Nigeria where bandits and Boko Haram are having a field day while the government looks away.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by Reflect7: 4:51am On Sep 25, 2021
chinjo:
Every country in the world has a slum.

Not true. There are no slums in UAE or Switzerland.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by chinjo(m): 4:53am On Sep 25, 2021
Reflect7:

Ok Let me say most counties

1 Like

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by Reflect7: 4:56am On Sep 25, 2021
chinjo:
What is the basis for comparism? Every country in the world has a slum. Besides, most of these settlements are occupied by immigrants. I would rather be in a slum in American than to be in a city in Nigeria where bandits and Boko Haram are having a field day while the government looks away.

Abeg shut up. Is the US government not ''looking away'' as 40,000 Americans are shot dead annually by THEIR versions of Boko Haram, Bandits, and Unknown Gunmen?

As 70,000 Americans die from opioid overdose annually while US border officials turn millionaires through bribes from Mexican drug traffickers?

And 99.9% of people you see in that video and in similar settings are full-blooded, born-and-bred Americans, not 'immigrants'.

You really should not come online to tell lies and misrepresent facts.

Plus, which city do you live in in Nigeria, and why have the bandits not gotten to you, since they are everywhere, in your head?

99.9% of you hear about 'bandits' and 'Boko Haram' on television, but they have ZERO impact on your daily existence.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by UncleSnr(m): 5:04am On Sep 25, 2021
Reflect7:

Abeg shut up. Is the US government not ''looking away'' as 40,000 Americans are shot dead annually by THEIR versions of Boko Haram, Bandits, and Unknown Gunmen?

As 70,000 Americans die from opium overdose while US border officials turn millionaires through bribes from Mexican drug traffickers?

You, which city do you live in in Nigeria and why have the bandits not gotten to you since they are everywhere, in your head?

99.9% of you hear about 'bandits' and 'Boko Haram' on television, but they have zero impact on your daily existence.
But they have light.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by Reflect7: 5:06am On Sep 25, 2021
UncleSnr:
But they have light.

You have light as well. From various sources like public supply and private generation.

If you can't afford a Gen, go and hustle.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by UncleSnr(m): 5:10am On Sep 25, 2021
Reflect7:

You have light as well. From various sources like public supply and private generation.

If you can't afford a Gen, go and hustle.
So, after paying tax directly and indirectly, I should provide basic amenities for myself again?

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by Nobody: 5:12am On Sep 25, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by khia: 5:14am On Sep 25, 2021
porka:

How do you know that?
Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by khia: 5:26am On Sep 25, 2021
This is the hidden white America you will never see all over the news. Meth and opioids heads everywhere, and they aren't even arrested but given hot meals, clothing and clean needles by the cops to inject their drugs.

In the white community it's called a sickness that needs rehabilitation. There are white areas like this all across the US and there always have been.

Black and Latino addicts are beaten and arrested.
In the black and Latino community it's called a crime and they must be incarcerated.

Two Americas!!!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by Inspiration007: 5:35am On Sep 25, 2021
Reflect7:

As 70,000 Americans die from opium overdose annually while US border officials turn millionaires through bribes from Mexican drug traffickers?

You, which city do you live in in Nigeria, and why have the bandits not gotten to you, since they are everywhere, in your head?

99.9% of you hear about 'bandits' and 'Boko Haram' on television, but they have ZERO impact on your daily existence.

Your last sentence is the most stupid thing I have read this year

30 Likes

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by MVLOX(m): 5:44am On Sep 25, 2021
Hmmm I reserve my comments for now

1 Like

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by Reflect7: 5:45am On Sep 25, 2021
UncleSnr:
So, after paying tax directly and indirectly, I should provide basic amenities for myself again?

You DON'T pay tax in Nigeria.

Do not dare call that pittance you pay, ''tax''.

When you live and work in America or the UK, you will know what tax is.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by Reflect7: 5:47am On Sep 25, 2021
Inspiration007:

Your last sentence is the most stupid thing I have read this year

Oh, so when last were YOU accosted by Boko Haram terrorists?

When last were you kidnapped by 'bandits'?

If YOU have not experienced any of that (and I KNOW you haven't), then you are an absolute mor.o.n to be calling me 'stupid'.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by Reflect7: 5:52am On Sep 25, 2021
khia:
This is the hidden white America you will never see all over the news. Meth and opioids heads everywhere, and they aren't even arrested but given hot meals, clothing and clean needles by the cops to inject their drugs. In the white community it's called a sickness that needs rehabilitation.

Black addicts are beaten and arrested.
In the black community it's called a crime and they must be incarcerated.

Two Americas!!!

Yup! No wonder thousands of black Americans are returning 'back home' to Africa to settle each year, and refusing to return to the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PK8cy4fdo0

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by Fortune2016(m): 6:11am On Sep 25, 2021
Reflect7:

So the money collected by govt for tax in Nigeria is AWOF money abi

We are being scammed then

16 Likes

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by khia: 6:15am On Sep 25, 2021
Reflect7:

Yup! No wonder thousands of black Americans are returning 'back home' to Africa to settle each year, and refusing to return to the US.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PK8cy4fdo0

Amen!!!!
Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by RiyadhGoddess(f): 6:15am On Sep 25, 2021
If I am to choose between settling in the photo I am seeing up there (America Oshodi) and Nigeria Oshodi, I'm not sorry to say this, I choose the America Oshodi up there and e get why.

7 Likes

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by porka: 6:43am On Sep 25, 2021
Reflect7:

Grenada, Mississippi.

I see.
These are street junkies, right?

1 Like

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by Xzellentgraphic: 6:54am On Sep 25, 2021
This is sad...check my signature
Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by Promzy99: 7:00am On Sep 25, 2021
Ignorance is worse than poverty. Most people who haven't been abroad before, still thinks d abroad is like a safe heaven. even the kingdom of God suffereth violence.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by illicit(m): 7:13am On Sep 25, 2021
I heard living in Cotonou is better than some cities in Nigeria.... True or false
Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by mu2sa2: 7:13am On Sep 25, 2021
RiyadhGoddess:
If I am to choose between settling in the photo I am seeing up there (America Oshodi) and Nigeria Oshodi, I'm not sorry to say this, I choose the America Oshodi up there and e get why.
Yes, you would, but you'll never be given the opportunity to choose because no one would waste their time with you, missus.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by Tomilola360: 7:24am On Sep 25, 2021
LIES......

This is oshodi.

Na photoshop grin grin grin grin

Almighty USA no fit be like that cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by pseudonomer: 7:33am On Sep 25, 2021
Reflect7:

Yes, I agree to this. In Germany, if you earn well, your income tax is 40%. You pay tax when you buy or sell a house, you pay tax on every freaking thing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by Corona22: 8:36am On Sep 25, 2021
Very racist bastards in that state
Reflect7:

Grenada, Mississippi.

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 25, 2021
Reflect7:

Where have you been in the UAE for you to say there are no slums? Mtcheew

3 Likes

Re: Is This America Or Is This Oshodi? by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 25, 2021
Reflect7:

As 70,000 Americans die from opioid overdose annually while US border officials turn millionaires through bribes from Mexican drug traffickers?

And 99.9% of people you see in that video and in similar settings are full-blooded, born-and-bred Americans, not 'immigrants'.

You really should not come online to tell lies and misrepresent facts.

Plus, which city do you live in in Nigeria, and why have the bandits not gotten to you, since they are everywhere, in your head?

Your brain has partial contact....reason it makes sense and vomit gibberish at the same time

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

??? / Any Nigerian Living In Kuwait? / How Safe Is Port-harcourt Now For Someone Living Abroad Travelling Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.