Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,555 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million (38317 Views)

EFCC Arrests 35 ‘Yahoo Boys’ In Ibadan (Photo) / FBI Arrests 13 Nigerians Over $30 Million Cyber Fraud / FBI Arrests Kenneth Ganiu Ninalowo For $1.5 Million Money Laundering In Chicago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by Olam09(m): 7:26am On Sep 25, 2021
FalseProphet1:
I see American banning Nigerians permanently from their country once I relocate permanently out of this country to the United States.

This I have seen.
You must be a joke.. that me haven't relocated yet to further my career Lol..

1 Like

Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by FILEBE(m): 7:26am On Sep 25, 2021
Slawomir. You are not daming Nigga here . Guess you saw this and pass twiced on a Sunday.

4 Likes

Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by nitt: 7:28am On Sep 25, 2021
Iamagoodgirll:
Hausa, Igbo and yoruba. Nigeria well represented grin

The ones with same surname na their family business?

Correction!

No hausa name there.

It's a southern affair
Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by olayiwola72(m): 7:38am On Sep 25, 2021
Savageman:
Issorrite...
Efcc no go arrest dem politicians wey chop millions of Nairas ooh, na to dey do gra gra dey bust hustling street niggas. Free dem boys jare.

I movvvveeee

Someone should please check on this guy... What is this got to do with efcc grin grin grin stop weed

1 Like

Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by GetMeRight: 7:41am On Sep 25, 2021
signature2012:
You are in Nigeria.You claim there is bad governance and no job.
Now you are in America,what’s your excuse ?

This news deserves to be bookmarked for future reference to counter those people who always come to their defence

1 Like

Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by GetMeRight: 7:42am On Sep 25, 2021
All of the defendants named are innocent until proven guilty. If convicted, the defendants face up 20 years in federal prison on the wire fraud conspiracy counts and up to 10 years in federal prison on the money laundering conspiracy counts.

That will be good.
Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:42am On Sep 25, 2021
bluefilm:
To be frank, I only came to check names.

But I am a little bit disappointed because e no be only dem.

Although dey still manage to full the list wella. shocked
Tribalism go kill you laslas. It's when you leave this country that you know no one out there cares what tribe you're from, as long as you have the Nigerian passport you'll suffer

2 Likes

Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 7:44am On Sep 25, 2021
Afriqan:

I agree there isn't a northerner there but is Irabor Fatarr Musa a Yoruba name? Abeg keep quiet. He is probably from ur hometown grin
Yes it is,there is not a single person from north on that list so keep quiet.
Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by Commentor: 7:44am On Sep 25, 2021
Nonexisting1:
Is anybody remaining in Orji's family at all? It's like they are relocating the entire family to prison.

Their famous uncle, Clifford was known for his cannibalistic exploits.

1 Like

Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by engrfaruq(m): 7:45am On Sep 25, 2021
ceevee2003:
don't make the mistake of assuming that northerners are not there because na Dem holy pass. No. They just don't have that level of intelligence and smartness (though negatively applied in this case).

Don't they also have the smartness to conceal drugs and hit the airport in a suicidal way? Don't drag us into this, please.
Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by akilo1: 7:47am On Sep 25, 2021
signature2012:
most of the pick money for Yahoo Boys and that is why I stand crear of any body asking for my account
Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by SunTzu123(m): 7:47am On Sep 25, 2021
signature2012:

Good question!
Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by Coldie(m): 7:47am On Sep 25, 2021
According to Nigeria police ABBA kyari law fbi can’t arrest them cause the criminal didn’t commit the crime in US soil
Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by frowland(m): 7:51am On Sep 25, 2021
Afriqan:

I agree there isn't a northerner there but is Irabor Fatarr Musa a Yoruba name? Abeg keep quiet. He is probably from ur hometown grin

The first name showed clearly he is from delta, or Benin. The last and middle names are Islamic name and doesn’t point to North or south.
Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by Forgodsgrace: 7:52am On Sep 25, 2021
signature2012:

Forget it,black will always be black.Most of the Nigerians travelling out are getting involved in one shady deals or the other.
Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 25, 2021
Kingcalls:
What did u expect, when the youths hv embraced scam...celebrities hail and credit them in their music ...even a so called super cop was doing their biddings .... we are yet to understand what this will lead to in the end ... it might destroy the future generations and bring massive poverty in the nation ... when the world loose trust in u, then u are finished... some people will foolishly say the Russians and Chinese do Internet fraud... but these nations hv alot to offer to the world and are world powers... u then wanna place a black poor nation on the same platform with them...

We need to stop using words like yahoo boy and runs girl... call it what it is by the dictionary... fraudster and prostitute... stop living in denial... if u want to drive a Mercedes work hard for it...by the way its not everyone that will mk it in life... live a modest life and be happy.... happiness is not by cars , women , cloths and drinks ... wise up and stop displaying weak mentality

Thank you for this Wonderful piece.....

1 Like

Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by bluefilm: 7:59am On Sep 25, 2021
PerfectlyPerfect:

Tribalism go kill you laslas. It's when you leave this country that you know no one out there cares what tribe you're from, as long as you have the Nigerian passport you'll suffer

I hope your name is not there?

I didn't mention any particular tribe but yet guilty conscience no gree you rest.

Nwanne Tufiakwa gi. sad lipsrsealed
Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 25, 2021
MARKone:
The stupid Yahoo boys we have here claim their reason for scamming people, is due to bad government and lack of Job in the country, heck, I even had an argument with one on IG, who claimed it was payback for our Slave masters aka Colonial masters, for what the did to us, awon digital avengers. Now what is the reason for the rising number of Nigerian scammers in the US? Is it because there is no job there too? or the politicians are as bad as the ones we have in Nigeria, or maybe they want to take the war direct to the coven of the "slave masters". Two things to take away from all this is, 1. An Overwhelmingly percentage of Nigerian youths are by default criminals. 2. Buhari is right after all, Nigeria youths are lazy.

Exactly, Products Of a Failed Boomer Parents & Upbringing And A Complete Disastrous Shiiithole. The Whites contributed a lot to this Menace too but Generally Most black people lack Cognitive reasoning and they are not Unite & Fearless. Meanwhile even Buhari himself Is Clueless and brain dead. Thank you......

4 Likes

Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by IMASTEX: 8:03am On Sep 25, 2021
amrichy:
Let's have a vote:
If you think the prevalence of internet fraud among Nigerian youths is unjustifiable, click like, if you think it is justifiable click share.
No reasons given justify whatsoever crime. However, humans will naturally prefer shortcut anywhere in the world. It is only a working system that makes most people behave orderly. There is a reason "lead us not into temptation came first before deliver us from evil in the Lord's prayer." Factually speaking, Nigeria is currently a jungle where anything goes. The so called leaders are the pioneers of crime & role modern.

3 Likes

Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by princewarri1985: 8:11am On Sep 25, 2021
Some people are just so useless and stupid, a guy from warri here who lives in michigan USA is doing time behind bar now and we heard he will be deported back to Nigeria after he complete his jail time, he was arrested because he received wire fraud money of $1000 and he was supposed to keep $300 to himself and send $700 back to Nigeria, and he is in jail not because of $300 when many are ready to kill for an America visa, go to mexico US border and see thousands there trying to enter the US, in the US you get paid $11 per hour, now tell me what is preventing all these idiots from working their way to the top legitly??

4 Likes

Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by sherlock229(m): 8:14am On Sep 25, 2021
Nigeria used to be one of the highest earning groups in USA, top
10 ,now after a recheck, not in top 10 anymore,the Nigerians in USA basically
turned lazy over time, just look at indians, damn. they scam too but only in their improvised country, in USA they are the highest earners by miles above everyone else, that's the stereotype we Nigerians need to make for ourselves in that country,those nutjobs wanna ruin it..god punish them .

Who are you gonna blame now? Not enough jobs in USA, no good schools? Bruh, that's the excuses they give in Nigeria now you're in a so called developed country,a country of billionaires with economy x200 that of Nigeria's and yet still scams ,they should just put a bullet in their empty head,my opinion.

4 Likes

Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by Oluwajuwon09063: 8:14am On Sep 25, 2021
hannysur8:
How the hell will I go to America and start to dey do scam….WAZOBia
I wonder oo
Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by sherlock229(m): 8:18am On Sep 25, 2021
bluefilm:

You be mumu, only 4 Yoruba wey i see if that's what you're implying even in Nigeria ,most yahoo are not Yorubas anymore that I've seen, it's moved to Igbos and edos

1 Like

Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by haslaw(m): 8:22am On Sep 25, 2021
When will the FBI come and carry criminal allen Oyeama of air Peace.

Allen Oyeeama is wanted by the FBi for Identity theft, falsifying documents and laundering over 20million dollars while using Air Peace airline as the conduit for stealing money

3 Likes

Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by yusluvad(m): 8:25am On Sep 25, 2021
Iampryde:
You left the shores of Nigeria to end like this? Very shameful...
Na village people...
Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by Johel(m): 8:26am On Sep 25, 2021
Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by jaxxy(m): 8:28am On Sep 25, 2021
Too bad. When u choose to be lazy and yet greedy for what doesn’t belong to U and don’t even deserve. U end up as a criminal.
Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by airsaylongcome: 8:29am On Sep 25, 2021
bluefilm:

Dem no many pass una. Na 4-4 goalless draw
Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by seyz91(m): 8:31am On Sep 25, 2021
Confirm!
Kingcalls:
What did u expect, when the youths hv embraced scam...celebrities hail and credit them in their music ...even a so called super cop was doing their biddings .... we are yet to understand what this will lead to in the end ... it might destroy the future generations and bring massive poverty in the nation ... when the world loose trust in u, then u are finished... some people will foolishly say the Russians and Chinese do Internet fraud... but these nations hv alot to offer to the world and are world powers... u then wanna place a black poor nation on the same platform with them...

We need to stop using words like yahoo boy and runs girl... call it what it is by the dictionary... fraudster and prostitute... stop living in denial... if u want to drive a Mercedes work hard for it...by the way its not everyone that will mk it in life... live a modest life and be happy.... happiness is not by cars , women , cloths and drinks ... wise up and stop displaying weak mentality
Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by seyz91(m): 8:31am On Sep 25, 2021
Re: Romance Scam: FBI Arrests 35 Nigerians In Scams Worth $117 Million by Perfectbeing(m): 8:32am On Sep 25, 2021
neyoohhh:
Thought it was poverty that causes yahoo?

They should arrest us politicians instead.
The corruption of our politicians in Nigeria does not affect America in any way. But what our boys are doing over there is affecting their citizens. It's not the corruption of our politicians that makes companies in other countries to bar Nigerians from working over there. It is the corruption of our youths over here and there.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Blord: "EFCC Seized My 3 Cars & Released One" / Nabeeha’s Father: How Bandits Got Access To My Daughters / Angelina Tyem Murdered! Decomposed Body Found With Stab Wounds In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.