Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,961 members, 7,814,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? (1041 Views)

Nigerian Abroad Sees A Black Cat, Prays: 'Aunty Nkechi I Rebuke You' / Kenyan Pastor Invites 'jesus' To Preach In Her Church,visits Her Family(photos) / What Does Bible Mean By "The Righteousness That Exceeds That Of The Pharisees?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by Preciousgirl(f): 6:23am On Sep 25, 2021
Luke 19:38-40
[38]saying: “ ‘Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord!’ Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!”
[39]And some of the Pharisees called to Him from the crowd, “Teacher, rebuke Your disciples.”

[40]But He answered and said to them, “I tell you that if these should keep silent, the stones would immediately cry out.”
Re: Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by illicit(m): 7:03am On Sep 25, 2021
The Pharisees don't want trouble with the Romans

The do not want a king yet, they were waiting for a Messiah and they never believed that Jesus is it....

They frown at any Jew talking about Kings among themselves
Re: Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by Preciousgirl(f): 3:35pm On Sep 25, 2021
illicit:
The Pharisees don't want trouble with the Romans

The do not want a king yet, they were waiting for a Messiah and they never believed that Jesus is it....

They frown at any Jew talking about Kings among themselves

If that was the case, wasn't Herod a king too? It was more than mere earthly kingship
Re: Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by illicit(m): 3:41pm On Sep 25, 2021
Preciousgirl:

If that was the case, wasn't Herod a king too? It was more than mere earthly kingship

Herod wasn't a king per se, he was a ruler installed by the Romans

He wasn't even a Jew
Re: Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by Preciousgirl(f): 3:56pm On Sep 25, 2021
illicit:

Herod wasn't a king per se, he was a ruler installed by the Romans

He wasn't even a Jew

Any references to the effect? That Herod wasn't a jew
Re: Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by illicit(m): 4:12pm On Sep 25, 2021
Preciousgirl:

Any references to the effect? That Herod wasn't a jew

He wasnt....

I am surprised u don't know tho
Re: Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On Sep 25, 2021
Preciousgirl:

Luke 19:38-40
[38]saying: “ ‘Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord!’ Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!”
[39]And some of the Pharisees called to Him from the crowd, “Teacher, rebuke Your disciples.”

[40]But He answered and said to them, “I tell you that if these should keep silent, the stones would immediately cry out.”
Because Jesus Christ was Rabbi to His followers? Or His disciples were Jesus Christ's followers and it was typically the place of the Teacher to correct his followers\students? undecided
Re: Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Sep 25, 2021
illicit:

He wasnt....
I am surprised u don't know tho
I am sorry, what? Herod was not a Jew? Why do you say this? undecided
Re: Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by illicit(m): 4:33pm On Sep 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am sorry, what? Herod was not a Jew? Why do you say this? undecided

He was not an Israelite, he was a tetrach imposed by Romans....
Re: Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Sep 25, 2021
illicit:
He was not an Israelite, he was a tetrach imposed by Romans....
Where did you get this from? undecided
Re: Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by illicit(m): 5:23pm On Sep 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Where did you get this from? undecided

What makes you think he was an isrealite
Re: Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by Kobojunkie: 5:27pm On Sep 25, 2021
illicit:

What makes you think he was an isrealite
He was a Jew so chances are he was an Israelite or of the land. undecided
Re: Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by illicit(m): 5:30pm On Sep 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:

What makes you think he was a Jew, did Jews have Kings/tetrarchs among theirselves when Jesus was born

He was a foreigner imposed on the Jews, he was never one of them

This is simple arithmetic bro
Re: Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by Kobojunkie: 5:35pm On Sep 25, 2021
illicit:
What makes you think he was a Jew, did Jews have Kings/tetrarchs among theirselves when Jesus was born

He was a foreigner imposed on the Jews, he was never one of them

This is simple arithmetic bro
Where again your proof of this claim? undecided
Re: Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by illicit(m): 5:38pm On Sep 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Where again your proof of this claim? undecided

You haven't answered any of the questions that will give u ur answers....

Was he a king? If yes, was he a son of David

Did the Jews have Kings of David's line at Jesus time

Therein lies the answer s you seek

He was not an Israelite, he was not a jew
Re: Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by Kobojunkie: 5:41pm On Sep 25, 2021
illicit:

You haven't answered any of the questions that will give u ur answers....
Was he a king? If yes, was he a son of David
Did the Jews have Kings of David's line at Jesus time
Therein lies the answer s you seek
He was not an Israelite, he was not a jew
Jews are not sons of David and not all Kings of Judea or Israel all of descended from David. Neither are all Hebrews Isrealites. undecided
Re: Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by illicit(m): 5:44pm On Sep 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jews are not sons of David and not all Kings of Judea or Israel all of descended from David. Neither are all Hebrews Isrealites. undecided

Exactly, so if Herod was a Jew and an Israelite like you imagined.... Whose son was he
Re: Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On Sep 25, 2021
illicit:

Exactly, so if Herod was a Jew and an Israelite like you imagined.... Whose son was he
I just told you that
Kobojunkie:
Meaning my saying Herod was a Jew was not as you imagined there. undecided

So, are you going to answer my question? undecided
Re: Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by illicit(m): 5:54pm On Sep 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I just told you that Meaning my saying Herod was a Jew was not as you imagined there. undecided

So, are you going to answer my question? undecided

He is not a Jew

It's on u to prove otherwise
Re: Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On Sep 25, 2021
illicit:

He is not a Jew
It's on u to prove otherwise
So you don't even know this for a fact? undecided
Re: Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by illicit(m): 6:00pm On Sep 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So you don't even know this for a fact? undecided

Obviously I don't

Tell me, whose son was he
I am actually curious
Re: Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On Sep 25, 2021
illicit:

Obviously I don't

Tell me, whose son was he
I am actually curious
According to Wiki, the one Herod was son of Antipas , an Edomite(of the root of Esau). undecided
Re: Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by illicit(m): 6:12pm On Sep 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Kobojunkie:
According to Wiki, the one Herod was son of Antipas , an Edomite(of the root of Esau). undecided

So you see now that he wasn't an Israelite neither a Jew
Re: Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by Kobojunkie: 6:17pm On Sep 25, 2021
illicit:
So you see now that he wasn't an Israelite neither a Jew
Not only Isrealites are jews - according to the wiki ,Herod was a practicing Jew. undecided
Re: Why Did The Pharisees Ask Jesus To Rebuke The People In These Verses? by orunto27: 6:31pm On Sep 25, 2021
Father forgive the Pharisees for they didn't know what they were saying. You heard the Lord's Response. It was to establish THE LORDSHIP OF JESUS CHRIST AND THE TRINITY OF HIS KINGDOM. THE STONES WOULD CRY OUT TO DO THE PRAISING AS THE LORD WISHED. THAT WAS NOT ORDINARY. IT WAS A MIRACLE SPEECH LIKE IT WAS TO RECOVER MARY MAGDALENE FROM ZEALOTS.

(1) (Reply)

I Just Found Out Jesus Was A Jew / What Does Christmas Mean To You? / Shiloh: Manifestations Of The Sons Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.