Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,933 members, 7,824,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Rotimi Amaechi Reveals Biggest Problem Hindering Nigeria’s Development - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rotimi Amaechi Reveals Biggest Problem Hindering Nigeria’s Development (493 Views)

Amaechi Reveals The Amount Of Money Jonathan Left In Government Coffers / Amaechi Reveals How APC Slashes His Salary In New Leaked Tape / Biafra: Amaechi Reveals Those Who Betrayed IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rotimi Amaechi Reveals Biggest Problem Hindering Nigeria’s Development by divinehand2003(m): 6:53am On Sep 25, 2021
Rotimi Amaechi, the Minister of Transportation, has blamed ethnicity for the slow pace of development in Nigeria.

Amaechi, in a statement on Friday, disclosed that rail projects around Nigeria were built for the growth of the country’s economy rather than ethnic biases.

The former Rivers State Governor identified what he called politicising of railway development as one of the main challenges hindering the government’s effort to stimulate the economy.

The minister, who was speaking as a guest lecturer at the Annual Public Lecture of the Department of Economics at the University of Lagos, noted that transportation as a model involved logistics.

Ameachi added that transportation is responsible for driving the economies of nations; virtually everything we do involves transportation.

He said, ”It’s a key element in driving the development of economies all over the world and it creates possibilities for other sectors; therefore, you cannot even create employment if you don’t create logistics.

“Nigerians are too ethnically conscious. You think first of your ethnicity before you think as a Nigerian.

”Ethnicity is putting pressure on the economics of railway construction. What you hear is, ‘I am a Yoruba man, I am a Hausa man, I am an Igbo man.”

“Railway is fuelled by economic activities, it is not fuelled by tribes.

“Ethnicity isn’t the way to go. Those who fan the embers of ethnicity are those who were benefitting from the government in the past, but are no longer benefitting from the government.”

https://dailypost.ng/2021/09/25/rotimi-amaechi-reveals-biggest-problem-hindering-nigerias-development/
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Reveals Biggest Problem Hindering Nigeria’s Development by divinehand2003(m): 6:58am On Sep 25, 2021
According to Amaechi, ETHNICITY is the root cause of our numerous problems in Nigeria. I feel he is not far from the truth.

The biggest lie always quoted in Nigeria is the phrase, "UNITY IN DIVERSITY ". This is not correct. A look at Nigeria today proves that that statement is a fallacy.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Reveals Biggest Problem Hindering Nigeria’s Development by Hangmnk: 7:01am On Sep 25, 2021
Nigerians are too ethnically conscious. You think first of your ethnicity before you think as a Nigerian.

”Ethnicity is putting pressure on the economics of railway construction. What you hear is, ‘I am a Yoruba man, I am a Hausa man, I am an Igbo man.

Patriotism is tribalism in it's purest form. So I encourage everyone to be tribalistic to the core. Especially some our foolish brothers "modern" northerners in Abuja, Acting nationalist. They'll never like you, better be a nepotistic tribalist like Buhari. let them say whatever they want. But be certain they'll never like you as a Muslim and northerner
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Reveals Biggest Problem Hindering Nigeria’s Development by Lawlab249: 7:04am On Sep 25, 2021
Ok
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Reveals Biggest Problem Hindering Nigeria’s Development by divinehand2003(m): 7:11am On Sep 25, 2021
A typical Nigerian sees himself first as person from a particular tribe or from one region in the country. The word NIGERIAN is only highlighted in forms to be filled by individuals seeking to apply for something.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Reveals Biggest Problem Hindering Nigeria’s Development by money121(m): 7:23am On Sep 25, 2021
Awon ojelu grin grin
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Reveals Biggest Problem Hindering Nigeria’s Development by dimmyj(m): 7:28am On Sep 25, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Reveals Biggest Problem Hindering Nigeria’s Development by kelib: 7:31am On Sep 25, 2021
This man na ode. When he was the governor of Rivers State, he blamed Jonathan for not doing enough for South South. Is that not ethnicity. He should better be calming down till he's out of office.

1 Like

Re: Rotimi Amaechi Reveals Biggest Problem Hindering Nigeria’s Development by divinehand2003(m): 7:35am On Sep 25, 2021
kelib:
This man na ode. When he was the governor of Rivers State, he blamed Jonathan for not doing enough for South South. Is that not ethnicity. He should better be calming down till he's out of office.

Now that he is in power, Nigerians especially those from the South can't seem to figure out Amaechi's political stand or intentions since he became a minister.
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Reveals Biggest Problem Hindering Nigeria’s Development by Corporate2020: 7:41am On Sep 25, 2021
Please what is Nigeria?
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Reveals Biggest Problem Hindering Nigeria’s Development by divinehand2003(m): 8:29am On Sep 25, 2021
Corporate2020:
Please what is Nigeria?

Nigeria is the name of a west African country with the largest population in that region with diverse sociocultural groups that are as disunited than supposedly united on paper
Re: Rotimi Amaechi Reveals Biggest Problem Hindering Nigeria’s Development by OG1BABY(f): 8:34am On Sep 25, 2021
Okay

(1) (Reply)

NADECO Faults 1999 Constitution, Requests UN, Others To Conduct Referendum In Ni / Is PDP Learning Or Ready At All To Rescue Nigeria? By John Shuaibu / There Are Killings Happening Daily In So Many Parts Of Yoruba Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.