Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 (20826 Views)

Some Of Bola Tinubu's Projects From 1999-2003 (First Term In Office) / We Need To See Photos Of Tinubu Commissioning Projects Between 1999 To 2007. / Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by InHeaven(m): 6:42pm On Sep 25, 2021
The op later corrected it, check through the chats
emmy9500:

Comprehension isn’t that hard, check what he wrote and what you are saying

OP said zone to south
Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by seunmsg(m): 6:43pm On Sep 25, 2021
emmy9500:

Comprehension isn’t that hard, check what he wrote and what you are saying

OP said zone to south

Why not take your time to read the entire conversation between myself and the OP before rushing to post nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by InHeaven(m): 6:46pm On Sep 25, 2021
These has been analysed already.

If truly it was micro zone to SW, why then did Alex Ekueme contested and had the support of the South in exemption of SW?
ayzTIGER:
PDP's ticket was micro zoned to South West. El Rufai said it. Dont deny it
Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by MuchAdo: 6:47pm On Sep 25, 2021
Barcanista, why did you say PDP ceded the ticket to SW(Obasanjo) in 1999

Are you suffering from acute memory loss or you are deliberately being mischievous

3 Likes

Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by Tomek09(m): 6:48pm On Sep 25, 2021
TonyeBarcanista:

You just want to say something sha... It is open secret that Ekweme's ambition in 1999 was stalled by the need to placate the SW.
Bro, it's Ekwueme not Ekweme
Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by Echoban: 6:54pm On Sep 25, 2021
emperor863:

Your list of possible candidates shows that the PDP is bereft of any candidate that can win a national election in Nigeria.

As things stand now in Nigeria, if PDP presents any of the three names you listed, it is a clear walk over for the APC.

So in ur opinion PDP have nobody in South hence should be given to North again, note if APC choose to go this way too, meaning APC and North will keep tilling till infinity ko??

U feel Atiku can defeat Wike on a good grand ni? Leave money out of it, How many delegate has PDP in North that will vote Atiku? South has majority PDP , hence higher delegates.. Wike will dust him back to back

1 Like

Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by Topmaike007(m): 6:55pm On Sep 25, 2021
My own be say that 1999 wey Una dey call like yesterday, I never clock 11 years then.. Though my dad carry me go vote for AD then in Osun state...

So up till now any party that papa bisi Akande and Jagaban of Lagos go na him I follow period

2 Likes

Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by Topmaike007(m): 6:55pm On Sep 25, 2021
Nothing consign we APC members here
Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by eeetuk(m): 6:57pm On Sep 25, 2021

PDP zoned ticket to Southwest in 1999-----Tonye Barcanista

I strongly disagree!
And where is evidence to support your claim that PDP zoned presidency to Southwest in 1999?

Anybody can make a claim, but not everyone can show evidence to support their claim.

Furthermore, the word "zone " is frightening because I don't know what it means.

Did south/South and all the northern states of Nigeria go to sleep while Southwest voted OBJ into power? That will be zoning!

Zoning is an act of dictatorship or military rule. As I am speaking, 1999 constitution of Nigeria provides no room for zoning. So, there will be no zoning of any office in Nigeria. Any tribe interested in producing the presidency of Nigeria, must go through the process as provided in the 1999 of Nigeria, fullstop.

people just stop talking about zoning because it is irritating!

1 Like

Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by Tomek09(m): 6:58pm On Sep 25, 2021
[s]
Kestolove:
next president must come from north...period. we own d country nd we decide who rule Nigeria...after we rule for 16yrs straight we give it to Yoruba for 8yrs den south south for 8yrs den we north will rule for another 16yrs....south east we never rule Nigeria. ..
[/s]
You are inconsequential in the scheme of things. Prepare to have an Igbo President or V.P in 2023. Fool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by Echoban: 7:00pm On Sep 25, 2021
NoFucksToGive:
It's time they should give the ibos it's their turn to be fair

Which one is to Igbo again? Are will now doing ethnic stuff here? Or have u heard of microZoning ever since ni?? Fulani have been ruling North zone since despite their few number and heaven didn't fall...

It's only reasonable to say North, South....

Afterall we have NE, NW, NC who also be laying claim,..infact NC hasn't rules before being a major Geopolitical zone..
If SE want Presidency let them collaborate with their neighbors, not to be threatening everybody in Nigeria themn election come their clamoring for Microzoniing.

2 Likes

Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by NoFucksToGive: 7:01pm On Sep 25, 2021
Echoban:

Which one is to Igbo again? Are will now doing ethnic stuff here? Or have u heard of microZoning ever since ni?? Fulani have been ruling North zone since despite their few number and heaven didn't fall...

Afterall we have NE, NW, NC who also be laying claim,..infact NC hasn't rules before being a major Geopolitical zone..
If SE want Presidency let them collaborate with their neighbors, not to be threatening everybody in Nigeria themn election come their clamoring for Microzoniing.

Before we start this sensible pattern let's give it to them as all us have ruled except them

What's fair is fair no amount of manipulation can change what's clearly unfair to be fair

1 Like

Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by Tomek09(m): 7:02pm On Sep 25, 2021
eldoradoxx:
If PDP zoned its presidential ticket to the North in 2019 (but lost for obvious reasons to Gen Buhari), it would be foolhardy for the party to zone the ticket to North again as if zoning is a waiting game. If Buhari has used 8 years of the North, then a Southern candidate with be the only person that will deliver victory to it, even APC will loose woefully if they zone presidency again to the North after 8 years of Buhari. APC bigwigs like Tinubu and his boys the Governors and Ministers etc may leave the party in droves like they left AD and set up another party thereby weakening APC and making it very vulnerable for PDP to defeat what is APC without the South West. The best option for 2023 presidential election is for PDP to zone it to South East or South South for instance Peter Obi or Wike, let APC zone their ticket to South West ; Tinubu( he is too old though), Osibanjo or Fashola. Let the North decide which party they prefer.
PDP has already zoned it to North with Igbo V.P

Nothing for SW in 2023 grin grin
Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by Tomek09(m): 7:04pm On Sep 25, 2021
[s]
Echoban:

[/s]
Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by tamdun: 7:05pm On Sep 25, 2021
U killed ur own thread with misinformation, I can bet my balls that the op knew the ticket wasn't microzone to SW but decided to fool nairalanders, thanks to seunmsg and legendhero that countered his lies

4 Likes

Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by StJasper(m): 7:09pm On Sep 25, 2021
seunmsg:

Stop spreading falsehood. PDP never zoned its ticket to south west in 1999. The ticket was zoned to the south and all interested southerners like Obasanjo from south west, Alex Ekwueme from south east and Graham Douglas from south south contested for the ticket and Obasanjo won.

In 2003, the ticket was thrown open and Obasanjo and Ekwueme again contested for the ticket. It was a very keen contest despite the fact that Obasanjo was the incumbent president. Even after the result was announced, Alex Ekwueme refused to concede defeat and congratulate the winner. Instead, he called the PDP primary election a charade on national television.

Bros, it is glaring you don't know what you are saying, or that you were misinformed.

*1999 presidential ticket was zoned to the Southwest by all the political parties in order to compensate the Yorubas for the 1993 adventure*

Those who contested against Obj in 1999 did so because they felt they had what it takes to scuttle the general public's decision.
Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by tamdun: 7:15pm On Sep 25, 2021
StJasper:

Bros, it is glaring you don't know what you are saying, or that you were misinformed.

*1999 presidential ticket was zoned to the Southwest by all the political parties in order to compensate the Yorubas for the 1993 adventure*

Those who contested against Obj in 1999 did so because they felt they had what it takes to scuttle the general public's decision.
U still argue even when they present evidence to u

2 Likes

Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by professore(m): 7:17pm On Sep 25, 2021
I like this work
Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by techWriter3: 7:18pm On Sep 25, 2021
Exactly! Southern hopefuls surfaced hopefuls the two occasions it disciplined tossed open
Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by bobowaja(m): 7:21pm On Sep 25, 2021
rickyrex:
if only you understood that bracket ( southwest most preferred) you won't be wasting time typing. He said it was zoned to the South but southwest was the must preferred
He later modified when corrected. It wasn't there before

2 Likes

Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by wizdooarchy3(m): 7:22pm On Sep 25, 2021
They should zone the next to north-east
So that boko guys will buy ticket..

Mad politice
Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by azikiweironsi(m): 7:25pm On Sep 25, 2021
Kestolove:
next president must come from north...period. we own d country nd we decide who rule Nigeria...after we rule for 16yrs straight we give it to Yoruba for 8yrs den south south for 8yrs den we north will rule for another 16yrs....south east we never rule Nigeria. ..
grin grin You just like wahala. Continue I like your vibe. But truly you didn't mean what you're saying. Just sarcasm.
Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by kcnwaigbo: 7:25pm On Sep 25, 2021
Echoban:

In the same way the SW should stop blackmailing the North not to contest
Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 25, 2021
TonyeBarcanista:

The trio of Governor Nyesom Wike, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa and Chief Ayim Pius Ayim have what it takes to win the Presidency.

These people u mentioned are not known by average Nigerian and they are not above ordinary ministerial slot......
Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 25, 2021
TonyeBarcanista:

The trio of Governor Nyesom Wike, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa and Chief Ayim Pius Ayim have what it takes to win the Presidency.

These people u mentioned are not known by average Nigerian. The only Southern candidates that one can sell across the Nation and are undoubtedly popular in the nooks and crannies of Nigeria considerably North are Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fashola and Amaechi. All other candidates will get it hard to be marketed!

2 Likes

Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 7:39pm On Sep 25, 2021
look at all the yorubas masturbating on this article claiming 'it wasn't zoned to SW in 1999' na wa. Zoned ain't the right word...guilty I think. The northerners and some southerners were guilty about how abiola matter turn out and everybody pondered to SW. Igbo and SS delegates all voted for Obj.

With that said, I'm not a fan of zoning. Anybody from any fucking zone should be allowed to contest...DemoCrazy
Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by Echoban: 7:42pm On Sep 25, 2021
kcnwaigbo:

In the same way the SW should stop blackmailing the North not to contest

Nobody is saying north should not contest, let alone be talking of microZoning..

If the usual routine is North, South consequencially, that is a gentle understanding, but if that won't be respected, then no problem, let it be thrown open..

If PDP threw theirs open I believe Wike will floor Atiku or Tambuwal , South has more delegate in PDP than North. Na only money Atiku get,
APC should threw theirs open, Tinubu fation will possibly have a field day as they have the highest loyalist more than any other politician in APC

Because If for Microzoniing I think NC has the floor..

2 Likes

Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by komodapson(m): 7:44pm On Sep 25, 2021
seunmsg:

At least, we are getting somewhere. In addition, I’m in support of your advocacy for the ticket of PDP to be zoned to the south. Indeed, it would be a great injustice and a slap on all southerners if the ticket is zoned to the North. Southerners like Wike, Okowa, Peter Obi and Ekweremadu are more qualified to be president than Atiku, Tambuwal, Saraki and Bala Mohammed. They should all put up a fight on behalf of the south.

...are you using the bolded loosely or you mean it?....'cos I strongly disagree if you meant so.."more qualified " ..how?
Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by rickyrex(m): 7:46pm On Sep 25, 2021
seunmsg:

If you had taken your time to read my back and forth with the OP on the first page of the thread, you would have seen how I convinced him to edit his initial post. Learn to read and understand before jumping to comment.
I got other people's comments to read
Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by CXLVII: 7:47pm On Sep 25, 2021
Bellfun:
The next should also be thrown open too!

It will be very interesting!

I quite agree with you.

But if thrown open, Atiku will emerge again.
Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by CXLVII: 7:50pm On Sep 25, 2021
TonyeBarcanista:

Is this a joke or you serious?

Okowa, Pius Ayim and Wike? grin grin grin

Comedy
Re: How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 by komodapson(m): 7:51pm On Sep 25, 2021
Coronabirus:
These people u mentioned are not known by average Nigerian. The only Southern candidates that one can sell across the Nation and are undoubtedly popular in the nooks and crannies of Nigeria considerably North are Tinubu, Osinbajo, Fashola and Amaechi. All other candidates will get it hard to be marketed!

You just spoke the gospel truth, but the kind of people we are, who always shy away from the truth, blindfolded with hypocrisy... We'll all disagree even with Facts...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kano APC: Ganduje Defeats Shekarau, Barau At Appeal Court / Two Lies As Biafra Turns 40 9/7/2007 / Buhari/osinbajo Campaigns With Exercise Books (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.