Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,789 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:22 AM

2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard (34289 Views)

How Owo Church Killings Put 2023 Northern Presidency Up In The Air / Lagos 2023: GAC Has Not Settled For Any Replacement For Sanwo-Olu / 2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by humility33(m): 11:29pm On Sep 25, 2021
hopexter:

A weaker Osinbajo is 1000 times better than Goodluck Jonathan. If Jonathan was that good and effective, we wouldn’t have voted for a slowpoke like Buhari, so don’t mention that rotten name angry

This is the reason why the SS will hardly vote for a SW candidate

You dont join forces with the hausa/fulani remove their son on account of falsehood and still go about tarnish his image..calling him names

if you're to use the sentiment of a southern presidency to drive a SW to power come 2023 then the North should keep the presidency

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by obinoral1179(m): 11:31pm On Sep 25, 2021
humility33:

Let me tell u this

The only way PDP can claim power come 2023 is by fielding a northern candidate

As it is now no... core northerner will like vote a candidate from the SE ?

The shortest route to the SE presidency by being a VP first...

Thats the SW is always smarter when it comes to getting bits from the fulani hegemony in politics

The Fulani are just playing with the South
Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by humility33(m): 11:34pm On Sep 25, 2021
obinoral1179:
The Fulani are just playing with the South
Because the southern regions are not united and greedy

Imagine the south west trying to use the sentiment of a southern presidency to corner the presidency to their region after ruling for 8 years and VP for 8 years if we really want a southern presidency it should go to the south east...the PDP gonna use economic failures to campaign against them in 2023 and it all depends on how well both camps drives their campaign

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by Jackson105: 11:37pm On Sep 25, 2021
humility33:

Imagine the south west trying to use the sentiment of a southern presidency to corner the presidency to their region after ruling for 8 years and VP for 8 years if we really want a southern presidency it should go to the south east...the PDP gonna use economic failures to campaign against them in 2023 and it all depends on how well both camps drives their campaign

So SW should support SE for presidency when SE themselves is supporting Hausa-fulani.

To hell with their 5% inconsequential votes.

SW will contest in 2023,under APC we work for it and we will get it

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by humility33(m): 11:41pm On Sep 25, 2021
Jackson105:

So SW should support SE for presidency when SE themselves is supporting Hausa-fulani.

To hell with their 5% inconsequential votes.

SW will contest in 2023,under APC we work for it and we will get it

You see your callous statement

You guys worked with hausa fulanis in 2015 against Jonathan and even made alot of falsehood against him

Mind you APC has never won the SS/SE since inception and it won't likely change.... thats a whopping 11 states add to like 10 from the north 19 states... thePDP may have their way

The SE will support APC should they field a SE candidate but if thats not possible they will rather support PDP that fields SE VP at least thats pretty much better

I am from SS though

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by obinoral1179(m): 11:44pm On Sep 25, 2021
humility33:

I understand the part of the west being greedy but you can't blame them at all...
Firstly they never see the OBJ era as western president even till date and secondly if the Igbo had embrace the APC party when he started they would have serious claim to APC ticket...
Thirdly the west believes they have invested a lot inthe ruling party and they deserve to fight for the top spot....
For example no western are fighting for PDP tickets for VP or presidency because they believe they have done their turn through OBJ but PDP are fighting to reclaim the position back and any combo will do well with them... I think the fight of the southern governor will pay the Igbo if the both major party gives their tickets to the South.... The Fulani man should allow the Igbo Yoruba and south south battle their self but it won't happen because PDP are desperate for power and if it's happen another northern is elected then the southern region will continue to play a second fiddle for a long time....

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by obinoral1179(m): 11:47pm On Sep 25, 2021
humility33:

You guys worked with hausa fulanis in 2015 against Jonathan and even made alot of falsehood against him

Mind you APC has never won the SS/SE since inception and it won't likely change.... thats a whopping 11 states add to like 10 from the north 19 states... thePDP may have their way

The SE will support APC should they field a SE candidate but if thats not possible they will rather support PDP that fields SE VP at least thats pretty much better

I am from SS though
even if APC gives their tickets to SE they will still lose..... The party is not welcome in the East..... If APC are looking for Southerner they best shot is the west they have 5 state out of 6 state there.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by Jackson105: 11:48pm On Sep 25, 2021
humility33:

I am from SS though

They should please give their inconsequential support to Hausa-fulani, it doesn't matter in 2015 and 2019, it won't matter in 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by humility33(m): 11:49pm On Sep 25, 2021
obinoral1179:
I understand the part of the west being greedy but you can't blame them at all...
Firstly they never see the OBJ era as western president even till date and secondly if the Igbo had embrace the APC party when he started they would have serious claim to APC ticket...
Thirdly the west believes they have invested a lot inthe ruling party and they deserve to fight for the top spot....
For example no western are fighting for PDP tickets for VP or presidency because they believe they have done their turn through OBJ but PDP are fighting to reclaim the position back and any combo will do well with them... I think the fight of the southern governor will pay the Igbo if the both major party gives their tickets to the South.... The Fulani man should allow the Igbo Yoruba and south south battle their self but it won't happen because PDP are desperate for power and if it's happen another northern is elected then the southern region will continue to play a second fiddle for a long time....

You made a very good point

But you see this secessionist struggle most especially of IPOB has weakened the already battered relationship between hausa/fulani and the Ibos, The trust that an ibo man won't split the country is not there in the north

Rarely will an hausa man vote an ibo as it is now the SW know this reason why they want PDP to give the ticket to an Ibo man as such it will make it an easy ride for the SW in the north

The SE politicians on the other hand knows that the shortest route for them to get the presidency is by getting a VP slot first in 2023 thats why they key into PDP arrangement

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by kcnwaigbo: 11:52pm On Sep 25, 2021
humility33:

You made a very good point

But you see this secessionist struggle most especially of IPOB has weakened the already battered relationship between hausa/fulani and the Ibos, The trust that an ibo man won't split the country is not there in the north

Rarely will an hausa man vote an ibo as it is now the SW know this reason why they want PDP to give the ticket to an Ibo man as such it will make it an easy ride for the SW in the north

The SE politicians on the other hand knows that the shortest route for them to get the presidency is by getting a VP slot first in 2023 thats why they key into PDP arrangement

Lol Mr Analyst you did not say anything about Sunday Igboho and the Yoruba nation agitation
Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by humility33(m): 11:52pm On Sep 25, 2021
Jackson105:

They should please give their inconsequential support to Hausa-fulani, it doesn't matter in 2015 and 2019, it won't matter in 2023

It will matter in 2023 because Buhari wont be contesting, more so the hausa fulanis might be cooking something no one knows they control state apparatus as it is now

Politics is a game of numbers and you don't see any one as inconsequential no matter their numbers.... if they were to really count vote in lagos the 30-40% of the population of Ibos in lagos have a say in who becomes governor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by kcnwaigbo: 11:55pm On Sep 25, 2021
UTILITYMAY:

Tinubu Base = Osinbajo Base
Without Tinubu he is nothing right? Just like I thought.He is politically weak

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by Jackson105: 11:56pm On Sep 25, 2021
humility33:

It will matter in 2023 because Buhari wont be contesting, more so the hausa fulanis might be cooking something no one knows they control state apparatus as it is now

Politics is a game of numbers and you don't see any one as inconsequential no matter their numbers.... if they were to really count vote in lagos the 30-40% of the population of Ibos in lagos have a say in who becomes governor

Just 40%, you must be mistaken, it should be 80% so that Yoruba is 15% and Hausa-fulani is 5%, keep deluding yourself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by humility33(m): 11:56pm On Sep 25, 2021
kcnwaigbo:

Lol Mr Analyst you did not say anything about Sunday Igboho and the Yoruba nation agitation

Both Igboho and MNK arrest i will say was made possible by their Regional elites because should they've left them to continue with their secessionist agitation it would have ruin their chances and trust of getting power from the north come 2023

The south east and south west politicians are at loggerheads currently trying to romance and appear trustworthy to the fulanis just to get power from them come 2023 (trying to outsmart each other).... the SW needs it and the SE needs it only the SS is relaxed abit

The current sit at home actions in the SE i believe it is aimed at putting pressure on their governors and elites to work for MNk release asap which they may not want now because of 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by humility33(m): 11:58pm On Sep 25, 2021
Jackson105:

Just 40%, you must be mistaken, it should be 80% so that Yoruba is 15% and Hausa-fulani is 5%, keep deluding yourself

Oga i made a mistake to discuss politics with you

You dont have respect for other regions or existence...even the hausas dont talk in such crude manner....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by hopexter(m): 12:01am On Sep 26, 2021
humility33:

This is the reason why the SS will hardly vote for a SW candidate

You dont join forces with the hausa/fulani remove their son on account of falsehood and still go about tarnish his image..calling him names

if you're to use the sentiment of a southern presidency to drive a SW to power come 2023 then the North should keep the presidency

Stop this your tribalism. I’m a true Nigerian from Edo state, what is bad is bad and Jonathan is worst than bad.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by humility33(m): 12:02am On Sep 26, 2021
obinoral1179:
even if APC gives their tickets to SE they will still lose..... The party is not welcome in the East..... If APC are looking for Southerner they best shot is the west they have 5 state out of 6 state there.

I agree with u
Apc will struggle to get even a state from the SS/SE those are traditional PDP states
Apc can get at least 5 states from the SW easily

APC best bet in this regard will be Osibanjo but should they field Tinubu... and it happens that it is between Tinubu and Atiku all the northern cabal need do is to make the elections free and fair and Atiku will walk his way to the presidency

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by humility33(m): 12:03am On Sep 26, 2021
hopexter:

Stop this your tribalism. I’m a true Nigerian from Edo state, what is bad is bad and Jonathan is worst than bad.

Jonathan is worse than bad in what sense?
I am not been tribal.... in anyway dont even share same tribe with Jonathan

It's like going to the core north calling buhari unprintable names and still expect the northerners to vote u...it is simply sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by Creamz(m): 12:05am On Sep 26, 2021
michlins:
I don't care if Nigeria is saddled with debt so far I see infrastructure going up and my region getting her fair share of the infrastructure.

Las las, na all of us go pay the debt. Let us have something for it I don't know the last time you travelled down to the East. The bridge is almost finished. At least it's better than the paper Jonathan inaugurated and commissioned

What I am saying is that it second Niger bridge is too small for the south east to vote for APC. We deserve more than that as a region don't you think?
Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by Tareq1105: 12:13am On Sep 26, 2021
Xzellentgraphic:
PDP woes has begin

I wonder why my brothers from the south east would always prefer a second fiddle despite the zone loyalty to PDP since 1998.

Ogburugburu as chairman of zoning committee cannot zone Presidency to his zone.

Very very unfortunate for the south east bcoz even their leaders are not ready to be president yet they have been making noise about it. They gave them penalty and they ran away from it.

They should watch how Osinbajo will become president in 2023. They should not raise Biafra then o.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by Tareq1105: 12:16am On Sep 26, 2021
Creamz:

What I am saying is that it second Niger bridge is too small for the south east to vote for APC. We deserve more than that as a region don't you think?

With all your loyalty to PDP since 1998 what are the loudable project you can point at?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by obinoral1179(m): 12:20am On Sep 26, 2021
humility33:

I agree with u
Apc will struggle to get even a state from the SS/SE those are traditional PDP states
Apc can get at least 5 states from the SW easily

APC best bet in this regard will be Osibanjo but should they field Tinubu... and it happens that it is between Tinubu and Atiku all the northern cabal need do is to make the elections free and fair and Atiku will walk his way to the presidency
Tinubu will win Atiku in a free and fair and even in sharing Money but North will never want to trust Tinubu with power because you don't know what he will do with it and I agree with the Osibanjo angle but Osibanjo and Atiku 2 former VP it will be contest to behold..

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by HustlePro: 12:25am On Sep 26, 2021
helinues:

Does Obi have any support base in SE at all not to talk of outside SE?

Osinbajo's base across the country was established immediately after the 2019 election..
which Osibanjo? where? who dash him across country base? Peter Obi has strong base in the EAST... Is it the same Osibanjo that lost at is pollen unit last election or another one? Most you think Lagos is Nigeria or you are using Trader Moni to deceive yourself ni?

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 26, 2021
Redcrafton:

Since it was zoned to the North in 2015 and 2019 by PDP and the north lost, will it continue to zone it to the north until it wins in general election?

Though I am not particular about election, but this changing of the goal post at the middle of the game is detestable.

The way it is going, if care is not taken, SE could be too hot after 2023.

Zone what? There was no zoning. PDP refused to do zoning, they scrapped it.

There’s a reason why there was a need for zoning.

2019 They picked Atiku only because they knew they couldn’t beat Buhari so they thought another northerner could split the northern vote.

THE NORTH DOESN’T VOTE BY TRIBE.

The north has always voted for best interests no matter where the candidates are from. Buhari lost to GEJ at first because the north didn’t want him.

It’s only when the security issues were ignored they brought him in then again because PDP collected money from Atiku instead of picking a better candidate. That is the truth no one likes to admit both from the north and all the south.

Anyway STOP BRINGING STUPID CANDIDATES so we are forced to choose the lesser evil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by uthlaw: 12:40am On Sep 26, 2021
proeast:
It's already an open secret known to any discerning observer since.

SW gets chairman in the person of Oyinlola.
NE gets president in Atiku.
SE gets vice president in Obi.

However, they shot themselves at the foot by taking the presidency to North when there is a national sentiment for it to return South.

APC will give their ticket to GEJ and team him with a popular Northerner as Vice. GEJ will win SS, make a good showing in SE, win SW, and split North with Atiku.

Except APC picks a weak candidate like Osinbajo they are most likely to win.
which GEJ APC will give ticket too...dis one know watin he de talk so!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by uthlaw: 12:41am On Sep 26, 2021
Okwyjesus:

Well l will vote north if South West insist that the southern president means SW.

this one mumu ooo... APC is giving there ticket to south west candidate...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by uthlaw: 12:43am On Sep 26, 2021
kcnwaigbo:

Which support base does Osibanjo have more than Obi?
Osibanjo will Win all the south south/south east candidate combined together!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by Mathew4257: 1:09am On Sep 26, 2021
EcoBrick:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/09/2023-why-pdp-settled-for-southern-chairmanship-northern-presidency/

I and my follow friends here in Sweden are coming home to vote . Yoruba or Igbo for president. Tactics game from NORTHERNERS. Yuroba or Igbo will restructure the country pretty soon

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by Dingdongbells(m): 1:26am On Sep 26, 2021
PDP, APC and politicians. The more you look the less you see. North is power drunk yet are the most backwards,least educated and most illiterate section of the country.
Bloody motherfuckas, bandits and cowlovers.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by Gval123: 1:30am On Sep 26, 2021
We nor get country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"I Stand With Nigeria" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) / El-Rufai Accuses Ganduje Of Bribing NLC Leaders To Cause Mayhem In Kaduna (Audio / Fact Check: Picture Of Peter Obi And Seyi Tinubu Is False

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.