Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,682 members, 7,827,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard (34026 Views)

How Owo Church Killings Put 2023 Northern Presidency Up In The Air / Lagos 2023: GAC Has Not Settled For Any Replacement For Sanwo-Olu / 2023: PDP Has Settled For Northern Presidency – Babangida Aliyu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by kcnwaigbo: 7:28pm On Sep 25, 2021
michlins:
2nd Niger bridge,
Where is it?

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by helinues: 7:29pm On Sep 25, 2021
kcnwaigbo:

Lol how exactly was it well established? Has Osibanjo ever stood for elective office in his life? grin

Then you know nothing about politics.

Kwankwaso have far more support base in North than Atiku...

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by BiafraAburi: 7:32pm On Sep 25, 2021
VERY GOOD NEWS!! IGBO PRESIDENCY MY ARRSSS. WHAT WE NEED IS BIAFRA AND NOT THE DUNGEON POLITICS.
Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by spy24(m): 7:37pm On Sep 25, 2021
helinues:

Osinbajo a weak candidate? Same Osinbajo that has base in Southern region far ahead of Obi

Dey wyne yourself

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by spy24(m): 7:40pm On Sep 25, 2021
The lack of unity here in the south will make north continue to rule

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by kcnwaigbo: 7:49pm On Sep 25, 2021
helinues:

Then you know nothing about politics.

Kwankwaso have far more support base in North than Atiku...
You are the politically ignorant one not me.Osibanjo is a political nobody.He has never won an elective office as substantive candidate.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by Creamz(m): 7:59pm On Sep 25, 2021
michlins:
2nd Niger bridge,

That isn't enough judging from all the debts the govt has incurred over the last 6 years. Moreover, the previous administration had already made a down payment of about 30%

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by michlins(m): 8:07pm On Sep 25, 2021
Creamz:

That isn't enough judging from all the debts the govt has incurred over the last 6 years. Moreover, the previous administration had already made a down payment of about 30%
I don't care if Nigeria is saddled with debt so far I see infrastructure going up and my region getting her fair share of the infrastructure.

Las las, na all of us go pay the debt. Let us have something for it
kcnwaigbo:

Where is it?
I don't know the last time you travelled down to the East. The bridge is almost finished. At least it's better than the paper Jonathan inaugurated and commissioned

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by SaiOsinbajo: 8:11pm On Sep 25, 2021
proeast:
It's already an open secret known to any discerning observer since.

SW gets chairman in the person of Oyinlola.
NE gets president in Atiku.
SE gets vice president in Obi.

However, they shot themselves at the foot by taking the presidency to North when there is a national sentiment for it to return South.

APC will give their ticket to GEJ and team him with a popular Northerner as Vice. GEJ will win SS, make a good showing in SE, win SW, and split North with Atiku.

Except APC picks a weak candidate like Osinbajo they are most likely to win.

So you really believe osibanjo is weak... Well let's wait until the ticket have been given, then we sha see

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by kcnwaigbo: 8:16pm On Sep 25, 2021
SaiOsinbajo:

So you really believe osibanjo is weak... Well let's wait until the ticket have been given, then we sha see
Osibanjo is only VP today because he is very weak politically.Tinubu never wanted to nominate a strong SW politician because he was afraid that the person would overthrow him

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 25, 2021
I'm hungry & starving. Someone should pls give me food.
Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by Kennyking1234: 9:36pm On Sep 25, 2021
helinues:

And what can you do about it?

grin
IPOB PAP, but not akamu, action party
If you want akamu i go give you ogi,
Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by sematec(m): 9:37pm On Sep 25, 2021
They are conning a new word for us now.
What is micro-zone, APC reget it.
Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by ugodson(m): 9:37pm On Sep 25, 2021
VTJN:
I don't give a fvck about party. All I'm concerned is not allowing any hausa/fulani man again.

No doubt, it'd take us more than 2 decades to recover from this mess buhari put us into

I second what you have said

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by Kennyking1234: 9:37pm On Sep 25, 2021
BiafraAburi:
VERY GOOD NEWS!! IGBO PRESIDENCY MY ARRSSS. WHAT WE NEED IS BIAFRA AND NOT THE DUNGEON POLITICS.
IPOB PAP, but not akamu, action party
If you want akamu i go give you ogi,
Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by Patrioticman007(m): 9:37pm On Sep 25, 2021
michlins:
If APC fields a southern candidate, I'm voting APC.

PDP has shortchanged Igbo people plenty

The truth is always bitter, Southerners most especially Igbo's think they own PDP & as such, its only PDP that will give them justice forgetting the basic fact that Nigeria's problems are class struggle not the ethnic & religious diemention they want the international community to believe.
We the masses go to the same market irrespective of religion, tribe & region, while our counterpart children irrespective of religion, tribe & region meet in UK, Dubai, private jets.
The day we the masse open our eyes and see our political leaders & their spiritual con brothers for what they are irrespective of their religion, tribe & region thats when Nigeria will reach its Eldorado.
We the youths need to start reasoning with our brains not sentiments.

15 Likes

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by bmdmix11: 9:37pm On Sep 25, 2021
LOOK ELSE WHERE

THERE ARE OTHER PARTIES
Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by MrColdsweat: 9:38pm On Sep 25, 2021
chiiraq802:
Election in Nigeria is Scam, Nigeria as a Country is Sham.

#Know this and know peace.

God bless you.
Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by MuchAdo: 9:40pm On Sep 25, 2021
Okwyjesus:

Well l will vote north if South West insist that the southern president means SW.

Best of luck!

It won't change anything!! tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:40pm On Sep 25, 2021
Lubumbashi:
The north should contain their greed for power. They are about rounding off an 8 year hold of the mantle in which they monopolized appointments in their favour and yet they are not satisfied. If they really need another 8 years immediately, then they should divide the country so that they can rule themselves perpetually because if they break the north-south shift of power in 2023, then they must be prepared to battle secession on two fronts ie southeast and southwest and a possible resurgence of disturbances in the Niger delta, plus the ravaging insurgency and banditry in the north that they could not put a stop to despite holding power uninterrupted since 2015.

I concur with you on these!
Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by jaxxy(m): 9:42pm On Sep 25, 2021
michlins:
If APC fields a southern candidate, I'm voting APC.

PDP has shortchanged Igbo people plenty

I wud have expected Pdp to field Jonathan. It seems they don’t have any respect for the former president.

He is a nobody to arrogant Pdp power brokers.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by Validated: 9:43pm On Sep 25, 2021
PDP has the right to zone the presidency to the North. The only thing that will save APC is to field an Igbo man. If APC feilds a Yoruba candidate, APC will be FLUSHED. This I have seen.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by NSK4U(m): 9:43pm On Sep 25, 2021
I saw it coming and finally here it is, Atiku the man we know.

God bless PDP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by GetMeRight: 9:43pm On Sep 25, 2021
proeast:
It's already an open secret known to any discerning observer since.

SW gets chairman in the person of Oyinlola.
NE gets president in Atiku.
SE gets vice president in Obi.

However, they shot themselves at the foot by taking the presidency to North when there is a national sentiment for it to return South.

APC will give their ticket to GEJ and team him with a popular Northerner as Vice. GEJ will win SS, make a good showing in SE, win SW, and split North with Atiku.

Except APC picks a weak candidate like Osinbajo they are most likely to win.

GEJ has nothing left to offer, the worst of the worst presidents.
Secondly, it's like you're even dreaming if you think APC will give its ticket to outsider. Another dreaming if you think an ex president is leaving his party for APC.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by nzeobi(m): 9:44pm On Sep 25, 2021
helinues:

Osinbajo a weak candidate? Same Osinbajo that has base in Southern region far ahead of Obi
Osibanjo that lost his booth as an incumbent and couldn't even deliver the states in his zone

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by IbileIfe: 9:45pm On Sep 25, 2021
If an Igbo presidential candidate competes against a monkey named Alhaji Danshiki Hasan from the north, over 80 percent of the Hausa Fulani voters will vote for the monkey.

11 Likes

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by fergie001: 9:45pm On Sep 25, 2021
Kyase:

You and who did that
grin grin grin
Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by GetMeRight: 9:45pm On Sep 25, 2021
So, what happened to all those meetings and threats by the Southern governors forum about the South presenting the presidential candidates in both parties? Just noise I guess. Lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by asunmoGGMU(m): 9:46pm On Sep 25, 2021
Patrioticman007:

The truth is always bitter, Southerners most especially Igbo's think they own PDP & as such, its only PDP that will give them justice forgetting the basic fact that Nigeria's problems are class struggle not the ethnic & religious diemention they want the international community to believe.

You're wise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why PDP Settled For Northern Presidency — Vanguard by Jerryherd: 9:46pm On Sep 25, 2021
cool

Self destruction

At this point PDP are gambling far too much banking on North which is going through alot of Ethnic chaos and Insecurity

Benue
Kogi
Pleatue
Nasarawa
Kaduna South
Taraba
Kwara

All this Northern state won't vote Fulanis because of Herdsmen clashes

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Ordered Looting Of Oba's Palace, Burning Of Uzodinma's House - FG / FG Names New Sambisa Shooting Range After Late Lt. Col. Abu Ali / Gunmen Destroy Cars & Other Properties Of Sit-At-Home Violators In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.