Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver (1055 Views)

Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari / I’m In Lagos But My Heart Is In Kano” – Atiku Reacts To Bomb Explosions / I Am Not In A Hurry To Die, Says Ojukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver by gernded(m): 9:00pm On May 27, 2011
Imo State Governor-elect, Chief Rochas Okorocha, has restated his commitment to rescue the state, even as he declared that he is in a hurry to deliver the services to the people who massively elected him to serve.

In his first press briefing in Owerri Thursday since he was declared governor-elect, Okorocha who in his usual oratory rendition, observed that he was not expecting any monetary reward from the state because he did not put in money to win his election.

According to him, he won because the battle was between the oppressor and the oppressed (people) and at the end of the day the people won, adding “the battle between the oppressor and the people in the state has ended”.

“I am proud to say that I spent nothing in this election, so I owe nobody and the state does not owe me. I have taken the side of service to the people. I think nothing except how to better the lot of Imo people who trooped out in the sun and rains to vote for me”, he stated.

He promised to move government closer to the people, stressing that there shall be no Douglas House (official residence of governor of Imo State), and would make the people active participants of governance.

On corruption, Okorocha said his government will not tolerate corruption, as “ours will be to make the necessary sacrifices to make sure that the masses of the state are well taken care of”.

On education, he reiterated that he had passion for education and would ensure that every child of Imo origin goes to school free-of-charge. “On free education in Imo State, it is not negotiable. We shall put everything to make sure that we achieve this feat”.

He advised that his government will not tolerate laziness and urged all to wake up and embrace good opportunities his government would provide, as he assured that his would be better than the outgoing administrations in the state.
Re: Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver by mundus(m): 10:29pm On May 27, 2011
His eloquence leaves me wondering, His simplicity and humility keeps ringing bel
Re: Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver by HighChief4(m): 10:47pm On May 27, 2011
I Keep liking this guy by every passing minute
Re: Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver by apoti(m): 10:59pm On May 27, 2011
And that mumu you call president is already saying 4 years is too short to do anything . . . . . smh
Re: Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver by wesley80(m): 11:32pm On May 27, 2011
^^ Get a life. U sound like a bigger mumu. In what context did the president make the statement? When your understanding is limited by your mental capacity u should refrain from throwing insults.
Re: Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver by apoti(m): 11:57pm On May 27, 2011
wesley80:

^^ Get a life. U sound like a bigger mumu. In what context did the president make the statement? When your understanding is limited by your mental capacity u should refrain from throwing insults.

I think your fingers faster than your brain, if not you would have known I did not quote him out of context. Those are his words,
mumu of the highest order
Re: Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver by JomoGbomo2(m): 12:15am On May 28, 2011
When one is complaining that 4 years is too short to make any significant impact, the proactive ones are in a hurry to start performing. Thank you Rochas,

This is the difference between average Joes and good administrator. The right mind set.
Re: Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver by wesley80(m): 12:19am On May 28, 2011
^^Yeah right. Sounds more like the difference between an ignoramus and an experienced person to me.
Re: Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver by apoti(m): 12:55am On May 28, 2011
That sounds more like the difference between a leader with a vision and a clueless politician to me
Re: Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver by ezeagu(m): 11:00pm On Jul 19, 2011
Never lied!
Re: Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver by Obiagu1(m): 11:18pm On Jul 19, 2011
Quote of the year:

"“I am proud to say that I spent nothing in this election, so I owe nobody and the state does not owe me. I have taken the side of service to the people. I think nothing except how to better the lot of Imo people who trooped out in the sun and rains to vote for me.”
Re: Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver by vicenzo(m): 12:13am On Jul 20, 2011
Onyeoma okorocha,anyi kwu gi na azu,jide ka iji.
Re: Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver by Genius100: 12:33am On Jul 20, 2011
Common Okorocha, stop lying, How can you say you spent nothing on the elections? That's impossible!!

Anyways, good going so far. We look forward to seeing his actions match his words,
Re: Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver by Kobojunkie: 12:52am On Jul 20, 2011
gernded:

“I am proud to say that I spent nothing in this election, so I owe nobody and the state does not owe me. I have taken the side of service to the people. I think nothing except how to better the lot of Imo people who trooped out in the sun and rains to vote for me”, he stated.

hhmmmm . . . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver by HighChief4(m): 1:26am On Jul 20, 2011
^^^Kobojunkie how are you doing today?
Re: Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2011
okorocha is becomin a noice maker, pls somebody shud tell him to shut d f.uck up and get to work! Jeez! Go to edo and see for urself. Wat has d power of oratory got to do in d lifes of an ordinary imolite?
Re: Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver by qualified(f): 1:21pm On Jul 20, 2011
kudos to him and Imolites!!!

lets just hope and pray, some people are not already planning to bring him down cos naija no dey like beta thing
Re: Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver by kasiem(m): 2:30pm On Jul 20, 2011
Genius100:

Common Okorocha, stop lying, How can you say you spent nothing on the elections? That's impossible!!

Anyways, good going so far. We look forward to seeing his actions match his words,
i went to rochas' campaign, and i can firmly tell u that common pure waters were bought from the hawker, let alone, snacks and drinks. His posters were sponsored by the keke and taxi drivers union. Most of the campaign venues were at his plaza, convention centre, and lamonde hotel (his hotel). So, dont doubt the man, cos he's a real businessman.
Re: Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver by Kx: 2:34pm On Jul 20, 2011
apoti:

That sounds more like the difference between a leader with a vision and a clueless politician to me
wesley80:

^^Yeah right. Sounds more like the difference between an ignoramus and an experienced person to me.
JomoGbomo2:

This is the difference between average Joes and good administrator.

Ultimately, the different between cool breeze and "fresh" air
Re: Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver by Seanet1000: 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2011
Recipe for Super Failure!
Re: Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver by anointedf(m): 3:57pm On Jul 20, 2011
I have been hearing and watching his philantrophic activities since 2002 and free education in one of his school at Ibadan. I am not in doubt of his ability to deliver. The guy has the stuff.
Re: Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver by EzeUche(m): 4:02pm On Jul 20, 2011
anointed_f:

I have been hearing and watching his philantrophic activities since 2002 and[b] free education in one of his school at Ibadan.[/b] I am not in doubt of his ability to deliver. The guy has the stuff.

Many people do not know that this man has used his money to help many areas of this country.
Re: Okorocha: I’m In A Hurry To Deliver by Demdem(m): 4:43pm On Jul 20, 2011
i doubt if he will achieve this with his numerous senior special assistants, special assistants etc.
by the way what do you need this one for:

32) Uche Ogbuagu - Chief Comedian of the state

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Nurtw And Agbero Fighting In Lagos / Underdevelopment May Persist In North – Labaran Maku / Shocking - 100,000 Policemen Carry Handbags For Wives Of Moneybags/politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.