Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

How Can I Transit From Science To Art - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Can I Transit From Science To Art (1460 Views)

From Science Student To Award-winning Author, Yahuza Usman’s Touching Unconventi / Peace Mass Transit Boss, Sam Onyishi Set To Extend Midas’ To University Educatio / Degree Conversion From Science To Engineering Degree?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Transit From Science To Art by DAVIDMOE(m): 10:19pm On Sep 25, 2021
It has been 5years since I wrote my waec.

I was a science major in my secondary school days. I was there not because I am good in science subjects but because my friends and fellow backbenchers entered science class when we were going into ss2.

Prior to even this choice. I had the intention of joining commerce class, but there was no Commerce class in my school then, and art class is being seen as a dump for unintelligent students. I had to lie to myself that I can do science, even though I have been falling chemistry, maths and physics in my SS1 class.

Today, I am regretting that decision because I was never cut out for science. I don't do well in maths, Chemistry and Physics, still I joined science with the wrong faith "That since my friends are doing it, I can also do it"

I now want to further my education to the university level, but I just don't know how I can go and study what I don't know.

I am now thinking on how I can transit into art (commerce) but I have no clue.

I would love to study banking and finance or economics.

Someone that did this kind of transition should please advise me.
Re: How Can I Transit From Science To Art by FreeStuffsNG: 10:31pm On Sep 25, 2021
DAVIDMOE:
It has been 5years since I wrote my waec.

I was a science major in my secondary school days. I was there not because I am good in science subjects but because my friends and fellow backbenchers entered science class when we were going into ss2.

Prior to even this choice. I had the intention of joining commerce class, but there was no Commerce class in my school then, and art class is being seen as a dump for unintelligent students. I had to lie to myself that I can do science, even though I have been falling chemistry, maths and physics in my SS1 class.

Today, I am regretting that decision because I was never cut out for science. I don't do well in maths, Chemistry and Physics, still I joined science with the wrong faith "That since my friends are doing it, I can also do it"

I now want to further my education to the university level, but I just don't know how I can go and study what I don't know.

I am now thinking on how I can transit into art (commerce) but I have no clue.

I would love to study banking and finance or economics.

Someone that did this kind of transition should please advise me.

You probably meant conversion to commercial . Study hard on your own and or get a private tutor to take you privately too. Register for commercial subjects in O level exams and take UTME subject combination that match your chosen commercial courses that are usually in the faculty of the Social Sciences ( or Faculty of Business and Management Studies in some universities).
It will be difficult to attain the discipline you require based on your past poor academic choices, but it's not impossible if you are focused and disciplined.
One more thing, leave the social media and Nairaland for now. They are time wasters for you. Any news that's important will reach you even if you are in a hole so forget the cliche that you come on the social media to know what is going on. Nothing else apart from achieving your goal matters henceforth.
Re: How Can I Transit From Science To Art by DAVIDMOE(m): 6:36am On Sep 26, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
You probably meant conversion to commercial . Study hard on your own and or get a private tutor to take you privately too. Register for commercial subjects in O level exams and take UTME subject combination that match your chosen commercial courses that are usually in the faculty of the Social Sciences ( or Faculty of Business and Management Studies in some universities).
It will be difficult to attain the discipline you require based on your past poor academic choices, but it's not impossible if you are focused and disciplined.
One more thing, leave the social media and Nairaland for now. They are time wasters for you. Any news that's important will reach you even if you are in a hole so forget the cliche that you come on the social media to know what is going on. Nothing else apart from achieving your goal matters henceforth.
Thanks for your input. I will really consider taking a break from social media.

(1) (Reply)

Female Corps Member Repeatedly Rejects Colleague's Marriage Proposal (VIDEO) / Any News About Unn Post Graduate Programme? / Rich Model Secondary School, Phc East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.