Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,594 members, 7,955,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:59 PM

My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water (21009 Views)

Anthrax Cannot Be Killed By Boiling Your Meat - Dr Obi Ogar Warns Nigerians / My 2months Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water / Indonesian Teenagers Are Boiling Used Sanitary Pads And Nappies To Get High (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by lilyheaven: 7:52pm On Sep 26, 2021
[quote hi
Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by Aarenasbaba(m): 7:55pm On Sep 26, 2021
She may likely to be prosecuted
Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by tchidi066(f): 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2021
Please get the baby original honey, it works like magic, can't imagine the pain the little angel is going through, wish her quick recovery

1 Like

Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 26, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Why don't you ignore people looking for a fight where there's none?

There are toxic people around. They are lovey dovey until they feel offended by something which doesn't concern them. Then they come out in their true form.

The leopard can't change its spots .
Thanks, I'll be doing that henceforth. You're absolutely and unequivocally right.

8 Likes

Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by Bunmhi(f): 8:12pm On Sep 26, 2021
So sorry to hear that
Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by spotmataz: 8:18pm On Sep 26, 2021
InvestorO:
Hello in house Doctors,My niece got hit by hot boiling water on her stomach and leg late yesterday night when her mum was about to bathe her,details from her are still sketchy as this was the only thing she said when she called early this morning on the phone....

The ambulance took them to where she was given birth to but was rejected and they were referred to another hospital in another city where they were hurriedly taken away in an helicopter to an emergency in the referred hospital...

PLS WHAT HER CHANCES AND HOW CRITICAL IS IT ?...Searched the internet to get informations that will give me some hope and make me calm but found nothing yet

The only positive is they are not in a Nigerian hospital where medical attentions are delayed but in Europe....

pardon my errors and typos

Pls how is the baby doing now?
Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by descarado: 8:31pm On Sep 26, 2021
Paxxcarl:
are you in any way triggered by people who show off?
Don’t be an idiot
When children shouldn't be handling phone undecided

1 Like

Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by IgweBUIKE1(m): 8:47pm On Sep 26, 2021
InvestorO:

Lord knows I am trying so hard to censor what I really want to say to you cos wtf....

It would have been better if you had skim through and move along to other threads because this is higher than your low-brain cells that is short of oxygen....I vividly asked for the opinions of in-house doctors or people who have been in similar situations for advice and I appreciate them thus far.....and not you who don't even know me,don't know my name,can't picture my face to this moniker telling me I am showing off,UNTO WETIN NA?

poverty of the mind is affecting them...they see everything as competition
Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by ahatson(m): 9:04pm On Sep 26, 2021
They should follow the scar up with natural honey that will help in desolving the tissue and return the skin to normal
Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 26, 2021
descarado:

When children shouldn't be handling phone undecided
lmao an adult thinking like a rettarrrd grin

2 Likes

Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by trippleKAY(m): 9:34pm On Sep 26, 2021
Mariangeles:

Burn victims survive and recover in Nigeria too.
yes, but with glaring scar
Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by Executer: 10:04pm On Sep 26, 2021
Mariangeles:

You, what are you on about?
Why are you so worked up?
Who is this insensitive maggot? Smh

Mumu people choke this country sha.no wonder we can't progress.
We have heard and seen stories of pregnant mothers who die due to negligence on the part of the doctors here and you open mouth to compare the services between both countries?
Who are u trying to deceive?

8 Likes

Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by tonididdy(m): 10:26pm On Sep 26, 2021
Mariangeles:

If they can afford it, most likely.
Can everyone in Europe afford to be flown in a helicopter?

The point is burn victims survive and recover in Nigeria. It is not only by being flown in a helicopter.
In Nigeria? Helicopter for emergencies.
Why are you deceiving urself?
... And yes, the police and hospitals in saner climes have choppers as ambulances.
If it's necessary, the chopper will be deployed for emergencies bcoz to them, all lives matters.

4 Likes

Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by Mariangeles(f): 10:54pm On Sep 26, 2021
tonididdy:

In Nigeria? Helicopter for emergencies.
Why are you deceiving urself?
... And yes, the police and hospitals in saner climes have choppers as ambulances.
If it's necessary, the chopper will be deployed for emergencies bcoz to them, all lives matters.

Yes, it might not be common but they do exist.
No, I’m not deceiving myself. It might be inconceivable to you though.

Come on na! This is a country where some rich individuals own private jets.
Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by tonididdy(m): 11:22pm On Sep 26, 2021
Mariangeles:

Come on na! This is a country where some rich individuals own private jets.

... And so?
Is this why you assume so.
Like I said earlier... Stop deceiving yourself.
How many houses in Nigeria have an helicopter pad or even a free landing area?

1 Like

Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by Nobody: 12:26am On Sep 27, 2021
Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by HolyStriker(m): 1:51am On Sep 27, 2021
mehn! Mehn!! Mehn!!!......

I am seriously angry with the mother or whoever that was in that house when such a horrible thing happened to a 2 months old baby .. 2 months old for God's sake

Is it that the mother don't know how to boil ordinary hot water or don't know how to carry a hot water?

What is a 2 months old baby doing close to a hot water?

God have mercy on that innocent poor child

I wish I can share the baby's pain
Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by whiteboyswag: 2:21am On Sep 27, 2021
My heart is broken seeing this news…
Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by Blackdisciple(m): 10:20am On Sep 27, 2021
yesterday night when her mum was about to bathe her,details from her are still sketchy as this was the only thing she said.

The mum should be question.

Ohh little babe, I just hope it wasn't BBN or Instagram that took the mum's attention.
Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by Rastaramsey(m): 10:56am On Sep 27, 2021
Damnnnn niggarr
Thank God for life....
Hot water got spilled well well on me seconds after i was born..... The scars are still all over my body...
Thank God for life.....
Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by DaddyGoo: 11:29am On Sep 27, 2021
Mariangeles:

If they can afford it, most likely.
Can everyone in Europe afford to be flown in a helicopter?

The point is burn victims survive and recover in Nigeria. It is not only by being flown in a helicopter.

Even in the USA where healthcare is paid for, they don't check your status before deploying whatever equipment is needed to save the life.

So, yes, EVERYBODY can afford it, as it is their right!
Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 27, 2021
spotmataz:

Pls how is the baby doing now?

Good....thanks
Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 27, 2021
Thanks everyone for your prayers,concerns, opinions and advice...The baby is doing well and hopefully she recovers soonest.

THANKS ALL
Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by KINGPRIEST777(m): 4:31pm On Sep 28, 2021
InvestorO:
Hello in house Doctors,My niece got hit by hot boiling water on her stomach and leg late yesterday night when her mum was about to bathe her,details from her are still sketchy as this was the only thing she said when she called early this morning on the phone....

The ambulance took them to where she was given birth to but was rejected and they were referred to another hospital in another city where they were hurriedly taken away in an helicopter to an emergency in the referred hospital...

PLS WHAT HER CHANCES AND HOW CRITICAL IS IT ?...Searched the internet to get informations that will give me some hope and make me calm but found nothing yet

The only positive is they are not in a Nigerian hospital where medical attentions are delayed but in Europe....

pardon my errors and typos

Do not bother.
She'll be alright.
Happened to someone I know too too well, ages ago. Got boiled on the lower abdomen, pelvic area, and laps, at the tender age of 5months. He pulled through. And became perfectly okay. Just the burn marks may still be seen.
Just trust in God. All will be well with your niece. God bless
Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by nnennachiji(f): 10:11pm On Sep 28, 2021
Let’s be truthful Nigeria has a long way to go when it comes to healthcare , saying the truth doesn’t mean you are bashing Nigeria. It’s for us as a nation to do better
Even our leaders go abroad for their healthcare
I was a medical officer in Nigeria before relocating to the USA about a year ago to join my husband.
I can still remember with shivers what happened to my then 1 year old son and Maybe a different story if it happened in Nigeria
I even questioned my practice in Nigeria
My son hit his head on the bed previous night while playing it was a huge bump and I used ice packs on it
The next day I tried waking him up , he vomited and was lethargic I panicked and tried waking him up again he wasn’t responding to stimuli. I started really panicking and called 911 , they arrived abt 5mins . The took him in the emergency ride and was communicating with the pediatrician that will receive us. His blood pressure was checked and found to be crashing , blood sugar and oxygen saturation were normal. The continued checking his blood pressure
Throughout my practice in Nigeria I have only seen pediatric blood pressure cuff only once during my short case 5th mb Exam and it was stored after the exams
During internship with a federal medical Centre I never checked any child’s blood pressure because the cuff wasn’t available,
Immediately we arrived at the pediatric hospital, he was taken to emergency, history was taken, urgent MRI done and result available immediately which didn’t happen during my practice in Nigeria
If I order for Brain CT ,the patient will go to another facility and the result available in 2 to 3 days.
All toxicology blood screening was done and the poison Centre informed.There was no investigation that was not done on him and results were available immediately.
The doctors were so empathic and the nurses too. They gave me a sandwich and a drink because I was so exhausted and reassured me he will be okay
I was later asked medications we have at home and I listed it and because his blood pressure was still crashing . The pediatricians about 5 attending to him told me they think he took a blood pressure medication and will give the reversal medication and see his response because the blood pressure medication clonidine can’t be picked up in any lab work
Immediately the gave it my son woke up
I did not go to the hospital with any diaper
I was provided with diapers, wipes and made comfortable , because I wasn’t working yet , my son was on Medicaid and this was at no cost to us
I was even provided with a car seat and a ride to take us home when he was discharged
We are not rich . This can still happen in Nigeria but our leaders only look out for themselves .
So calling out Nigeria doesn’t mean bashing, it only means you want better

5 Likes

Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by nnennachiji(f): 10:17pm On Sep 28, 2021
My son while on admission

1 Like

Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 29, 2021
nnennachiji:
My son while on admission

Oh,My prayers to your son....

Tbh Nigeria have a long way to go...The lackadaisical attitudes of the health personnel,the improper funding by the government,the lack of value on life except if you are influential,rich and powerful....all this has culminated to the rot in the health sector in Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 29, 2021
lilyheaven:

He won insult Nigeria, like say we have not been surviving burns .
What is a hot water doing around a two months old baby that can’t sit down let alone creeping.

First aid was the first thing to do before rushing to hospital.
No Nigerian will rush a burnt baby to hospital with out giving first aid.

Omo you daft gaan,you are dense!!!!
Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by lilyheaven: 10:56am On Sep 29, 2021
[quote you
Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by lilyheaven: 10:57am On Sep 29, 2021
[quote author= G
Re: My 2-Month-Old Niece Got Hit By Hot Boiling Water by lilyheaven: 11:00am On Sep 29, 2021
[quote author=InvestorO post=106273850]

G

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tobi Marshal: Man calls out Lekki hospital as mum dies of negligence in India / Biometrics Scanners Can't Sucessfully Recognise My Fingerprints / COVID-19: 7 Private Laboratories In Lagos Get Approval To Begin Testing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.