Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,750 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, (3545 Views)

Nobody's Talking About VIVO PHONES On Nairaland. Why?? / Between Infinix And Xiaomi Phones, Which One Is Better / Effects Of Mobile Phones On Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by GreaterFuture(m): 6:57am On Sep 27, 2021
I'm seeing new Umi Phones 4, 6gb RAM and 64GB, 128GB ROM at ₦45k - ₦55k price margin

Phone experts that have used the two brands, pls are these budget Umidigi phones as reliable as Xiaomi/Redmi Phones?
Xiaomi i can vouch and stand for, Umi, not so sure, though I have been seeing good reviews online.
Pls help me look, before I leap.
Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by Winningbot: 7:42am On Sep 27, 2021
Don't buy umidigi phones, they are as useless as bubu

2 Likes

Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by SunshineHQ(m): 7:51am On Sep 27, 2021
GreaterFuture:
I'm seeing new Umi Phones 4, 6gb RAM and 64GB, 128GB ROM at ₦45k - ₦55k price margin
My thinking is that Umidigi is becoming what Xiaomi was in the very early days when it was very cheap (Xiaomi is still relatively cheap, but not like they were when they first Started)

Now a Xiaomi phone model with the same Specs, is in the 70k 80k price range, at the very least.

Phone experts that have used the two brands, pls are these budget Umidigi phones as reliable as Xiaomi/Redmi Phones?
Xiaomi i can vouch and stand for, Umi, not so sure, this I have been seeing good reviews 70% of the time atleast.
is phone spec only about ram and rom?
Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by GreaterFuture(m): 7:58am On Sep 27, 2021
SunshineHQ:
is phone spec only about ram and rom?
You get my point, I can't type too much.
I typed that in a hurry
Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by SunshineHQ(m): 8:01am On Sep 27, 2021
GreaterFuture:

You get my point, I can't type too much.
I typed that in a hurry
4gb ram and 128gb rom is cool in 2021 but thats not all. durability, chip, battery and charging speed matters.

1 Like

Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by GreaterFuture(m): 8:49am On Sep 27, 2021
SunshineHQ:
4gb ram and 128gb rom is cool in 2021 but thats not all. durability, chip, battery and charging speed matters.
Yes, that's what I'm asking.
Does Umidigi perform well in those areas too?
Read the original post well again, that's the whole point of creating the Thread.
Are they as durable premuim and reliable as Xiaomi?

1 Like

Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by GreaterFuture(m): 8:53am On Sep 27, 2021
Winningbot:
Don't buy umidigi phones, they are as useless as bubu
Wow! You used any before?
To me, The cheap prices are Kinda of suspicious
But I'm seeing Good reviews from users, and I really need to Upgrade my small phone
Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by SunshineHQ(m): 9:19am On Sep 27, 2021
GreaterFuture:

Yes, that's what I'm asking.
Does Umidigi perform well in those areas too?
Read the original post well again, that's the whole point of creating the Thread.
Are they as durable premuim and reliable as Xiaomi?
i've never used them personally bt i help ordered a3 for a friend on jumia and the phone reboot when idle(factory defect maybe). also, i bought a5 for my sis b4 she switched to redmi 9c, she complained abt weak ba3 and bad camera

PS: this is just my experience. lexus, dont come for me i'm not feeling well

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by GreaterFuture(m): 9:22am On Sep 27, 2021
SunshineHQ:
i've never used them personally bt i help ordered a3 for a friend on jumia and the phone reboot when idle(factory defect maybe). also, i bought a5 for my sis b4 she switched to redmi 9c, she complained abt weak ba3 and bad camera
Aahya yaya!
Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by HONESTFACT101(m): 10:20am On Sep 27, 2021
which umdigi with 4gb ram is 45k @GreaterFuture
Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by GreaterFuture(m): 10:52am On Sep 27, 2021
HONESTFACT101:
which umdigi with 4gb ram is 45k @GreaterFuture
A7 pro
A9 pro
Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by Rareoil(m): 11:22am On Sep 27, 2021
GreaterFuture:
My thinking is that Umidigi is becoming what Xiaomi was in the very early days when it was very cheap (Xiaomi is still relatively cheap, but not like they were when they first Started)

Now a Xiaomi phone model with the same Specs, is in the 70k 80k price range, at the very least.

Xiaomi i can vouch and stand for, Umi, not so sure, though I have been seeing good reviews 70% of the time atleast.

Oga phones are not increasing in price, it is the naira that is falling.

2 Likes

Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by 11Anonymous(m): 11:52am On Sep 27, 2021
Currently typing with my Umi. I have a Xiaomi too.

Xiaomi is better in software updates.

For quality assurance, they are getting to be pretty the same, looking at reported hardware failure in many Redmi 9T and Poco M3.
Umi A5 pro had touchscreen failure too.

Xiaomi is slightly better overall.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by Winningbot: 12:36pm On Sep 27, 2021
GreaterFuture:

But I'm seeing Good reviews from users, and I really need to Upgrade my small phone
I used a5 pro and honestly the phone was rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by GreaterFuture(m): 12:54pm On Sep 27, 2021
Winningbot:
I used a5 pro and honestly the phone was rubbish.
Wow
Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by Meister(m): 12:54pm On Sep 27, 2021
Umidigi devices are not bad but they're not as durable as Xiaomi and don't have reasonable software updates.
Those phones you're referring to as really cheap are open box devices not necessarily brand new but their prices are very good for that price
Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by GreaterFuture(m): 12:59pm On Sep 27, 2021
11Anonymous:
Currently typing with my Umi. I have a Xiaomi too.

Xiaomi is better in software updates.

For quality assurance, they are getting to be pretty the same, looking at reported hardware failure in many Redmi 9T and Poco M3.
Umi A5 pro had touchscreen failure too.

Xiaomi is slightly better overall.
Yes, thank you for this.
The OS part in Umidigi is something I've seen online several times too

I think your last line is into something Xiaomi is Slightly better overall
Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by IgiveFreebies: 2:03pm On Sep 27, 2021
Please OP for the sake of your sanity stay away from Umidigi phones. I'm typing this from one.
The phone hangs, overheats, freezes restarts etc.
I regret what wind blew me to this crap. I've used Redmi 5 plus before it was stolen and I got this hot nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by IgiveFreebies: 2:04pm On Sep 27, 2021
Please OP for the sake of your sanity stay away from Umidigi phones. I'm typing this from one.
I regret what wind blew me to this crap. I've used Redmi 5 plus before it was stolen and I got this hot nonsense.
Check my post about it here
https://www.nairaland.com/6537894/umidigi-a7-pro-sorry-excuse
Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by GreaterFuture(m): 2:50pm On Sep 27, 2021
Rareoil:

Oga phones are not increasing in price, it is the naira that is falling.
Ok, Noted
Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by GreaterFuture(m): 2:55pm On Sep 27, 2021
IgiveFreebies:
Wow
Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by Meister(m): 3:20pm On Sep 27, 2021
IgiveFreebies:

You're showing him a link where most people said theirs is serving them well, maybe the problem is from you

5 Likes

Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by Ben320719: 6:45pm On Sep 27, 2021
umidigi A9 pro 2021
4gig/64gig
Fast charging
Android 10
All accessories available
Just like open box

All new
Slightly negotiable

W h a t s a p p or call
0 8 1 4 7 2 1 8 0 6 9

Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by SeniorGee(m): 12:53am On Sep 28, 2021
I have used A7pro for almost a year now, fantastic for the price but gets hot when streaming matches etc, but once I put a small fan (hand held) behind it, no shaking. A few hitches anytime you update software but overall it's great for an average user like me.
Haven't used the other one to compare
Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by Theanyanwu: 10:14am On Sep 28, 2021
GreaterFuture:

Xiaomi i can vouch and stand for, Umi, not so sure, though I have been seeing good reviews online.
dont be swayed by the Umidigi specs.
Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by Theanyanwu: 10:14am On Sep 28, 2021
GreaterFuture:

brands buy reviews. No be new thing
Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by GreaterFuture(m): 11:18am On Sep 28, 2021
Theanyanwu:
brands buy reviews. No be new thing
Wow *whistles!*

That's true, they do, you brought that Back to my mind
Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by Meloski(m): 5:13pm On Sep 28, 2021
good evening guys am in need of a New umidigi A9 and am having ₦38,000 call or whatsapp 09014060424

1 Like

Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by Theanyanwu: 5:42pm On Sep 28, 2021
GreaterFuture:

Wow *whistles!*

That's true, they do, you brought that Back to my mind
lol. Na so na
Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 28, 2021
GreaterFuture:

The Umdigi A9 Pro go use hanging finish you.
Re: Are Umidigi Phones And Xiaomi Phones On The Same Level, by Kennyflyair: 7:26pm On Sep 28, 2021
GreaterFuture:

We both in the same shoes man. Currently using redmi 8a and want to upgrade cos I have discovered that I need at least 64gb to 128gb internal storage.

But as money no dey I come dey find some affordable stuff and I also realized this same thing you mentioned. And the temptation to go for umidigi dey strong.

You know the thing holding me back? I discovered that umidigi are not honest about their battery capacity. And me I like strong battery �. And also from what I've read on their thread, their software dey get issues well.

So basically, I'm not letting the low price deceive me into buying.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Celtel GPRS In Other States / Airtel #50 For 1.5gb Is A Scam / My Hand-on Experience With Blackberry DTEK50

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.