Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? (4819 Views)

Learn 2d Animation and Motion graphics and earn in Dollars $$ / Help!!! Where Can I Learn 2D Or 3D Video Creation In Akure? / Learn 2D Animation in Nigeria With Naijacartoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by reidkrugger(m): 9:23am On Sep 27, 2021
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XvJlqqsTuQ[url][/url]

This thread is for absolute newbies that would want to learn 2d Animation. And if you jus luv Animation anyways, you can tag along.
Above is one of my jobs just concluded.

If interested, comment and keep an eye on the thread. Will be updating.

1 Like

Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by Switpal(m): 3:05pm On Sep 27, 2021
Interested
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by bestdan: 3:42pm On Sep 27, 2021
Interested
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by reidkrugger(m): 3:48pm On Sep 27, 2021
Switpal:
Interested

Cool. Pls keep an eye on the thread, will be updating. But the first thing u actually need to have in this part of d world is passion. Animation is full of wahala and frustrations that 90% of d people dat dare venture into it at all quit before they even learn 20% of what there is to learn with tegards to basics.
So... Passion is numero uno on the list for anybody thinking of coming this way.
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by tekel(m): 4:12am On Oct 01, 2021
Please contact me on WhatsApp +15105603109
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by Timoleon(m): 3:57pm On Oct 01, 2021
Following
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by Endorsa: 10:29pm On Oct 01, 2021
reidkrugger:
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XvJlqqsTuQ[url][/url]

This thread is for absolute newbies that would want to learn 2d Animation. And if you jus luv Animation anyways, you can tag along.
Above is one of my jobs just concluded.

If interested, comment and keep an eye on the thread. Will be updating.

You can earn with this side skills by providing the service to those who need the help. Check out latest jobs in this categories. You can also post the service and attract buyers immediately. If check it out.
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by reidkrugger(m): 12:25am On Oct 31, 2021
Oooookaaay!!! Soooooooo NL mods logged me out for over a month. They didn't say what the reason was but after a while in the wilderness, I think I have an idea. The cumpolsory log out killed the juice to do anything here. I dunno for now but I've moved on from the saga. If not, I'll have the mods feature in my next cartoon episode. What? You wanna start something now?
Ok, it's gud to be back but I'm a bit tight now bcuz these guys rescheduled my time for me. So for now, time is something I do not have. But will work towards in the near future.
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by reidkrugger(m): 8:06am On Nov 05, 2021
Here's episode 2 to my husband and wife quarrell cartoon Animation series. I have about five or six of them now. And yesterday, I just learnt how to create the 360 rig in 2D. I've been on that thing for a week or so and finally. So I'll be rounding up the current short I'm working on and we'll see where we go from here. 2D is really beginning to make sense. Click link to view episode 2.

[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFKlVO085D4[url][/url]

1 Like

Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by Mannipple93(m): 12:10am On Nov 30, 2021
Cool videos..... Hello I am interested in learning 2d animation, is the course still on?
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by reidkrugger(m): 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2021
Mannipple93:
Cool videos..... Hello I am interested in learning 2d animation, is the course still on?

Still working on the best way to handle this thing. U guys should be patient. In d mean time, whoever is interested should comment below and follow the thread. When the numbers are right, I'll start something. But I'll be taking 2D here. Or firstly.
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by S0PH: 9:48pm On Nov 30, 2021
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by charlexarmani(m): 11:05pm On Dec 11, 2021
reidkrugger:

Still working on the best way to handle this thing. U guys should be patient. In d mean time, whoever is interested should comment below and follow the thread. When the numbers are right, I'll start something. But I'll be taking 2D here. Or firstly.
interested
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by favyly(f): 4:45am On Dec 12, 2021
Interested
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by Stephen0mozzy: 5:24am On Dec 13, 2021
Loool.. Your skits are very funny. And I sooo love the facial expressions of the male character.

What software do you use please
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by reidkrugger(m): 1:38pm On Dec 13, 2021
Stephen0mozzy:
Loool.. Your skits are very funny. And I sooo love the facial expressions of the male character.

What software do you use please

Why, thank you Good Sir.
I use toon boon harmony.

1 Like

Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by mahluck(m): 12:15am On Dec 15, 2021
reidkrugger:

Interested.
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by eddykaka(m): 2:05pm On Dec 17, 2021
Interested
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by reidkrugger(m): 4:36am On Dec 18, 2021
Ok. I've been too busy to fully update this thread. Things are not same like they used to anymore. Man don de old small small and energy nor too de like dat again. But I do see the growth and comments. Much appreciated.
My first time handling something of this nature and would like to know the best way to go about it. I live in Lagos and that's all the detail about me for now. So how do you guys propose we go about this?
Also I hope you guys already know how to draw and understand how Photoshop works.

Here's a link to my third episode. Keep you guys posted.
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5YRpkOzTHU[url][/url]
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by growtogeda: 7:21am On Apr 19, 2022
hello reidkrugger, I was on your YouTube channel(Fred ocheli) and i see the wonderful job you are doing there. i like how you have learnt the toonboom software.

I myself know abit about 2d animation from the drawing to creation and rigging , but I don't know how to use toonboom.

can you please direct me to the resources you used in learning toon boom harmony from character creation to character rigging . thank you
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by reidkrugger(m): 6:45pm On May 11, 2022
growtogeda:

hello reidkrugger, I was on your YouTube channel(Fred ocheli) and i see the wonderful job you are doing there. i like how you have learnt the toonboom software.

I myself know abit about 2d animation from the drawing to creation and rigging , but I don't know how to use toonboom.

can you please direct me to the resources you used in learning toon boom harmony from character creation to character rigging . thank you

Sorry my broda. Nairaland mods banned me for a while now and only got lifted today. I think.
You can follow Onion skin, stylus rumble and I've forgotten the other guys name. Yeah, Tony teach or Tony Ross. One of them should be it.
But I personally learnt more from onion skin and stylus rumble would be my last option. Checked your channel. Not bad at all. You doing great.
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by reidkrugger(m): 6:57pm On May 13, 2022
I don't know what I do for dis NL mods wey dem de ban me upandan o. If not for d respect I have for dis platform, Allah I would have left this space. Sometimes I feel like animating dis guys doing it with dogs and render it as a GIF to be published. Them don turn am to power of some sort. No wahala. All of us na im de for here.
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by reidkrugger(m): 12:55pm On May 14, 2022
Several years ago, not too long, I'll pick my phone, my fingers itchy to type and do a lot of words relating to animation. It was easy and I always find time to do so no matter how busy I was. These days, the story has changed. Well asides collecting ban after bans, I really don't have that energy like I used to. I suspect age is catching up to me or I'm just satisfied with how far I've come. "Skillwise".
Anyways, I won't bore you with my plenty non-correct English wey I de manage speak. Here's another episode to feed your eyes on. If, you've not seen it. And if you have, do enjoy still.
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K8ZuNtOSq8[url][/url]
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by reidkrugger(m): 12:56pm On May 14, 2022
You can check my siggy for plenty other entertaining cartoon comedy skits.
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by reidkrugger(m): 2:48pm On May 15, 2022
Ok, so I've decided to grow my YouTube channel and I've been putting in the work. I want it to look different so I'm not animating like the norm out there. Also, I'm from a 3D background as most of you know so there's always something that isn't right and I gotta do more. Guess what, these other guys are right. It's for commercial purposes. And animating every single item won't help your cause. This I learnt the hard way. But I'm not complaining. Because I really wanted to learn how to manipulate everything 2D. I go bonkers seeing what the teen titans do and I watch it everyday. Even if it's on repeat.
Ok, so starting now, I'm doing what the pace setters do. I'll improve whenever I can but overall, that's where I'm heading.
Ok, so here's what up. Something from the past. Last year I think. And yeah, I will begin something new tomorrow. And will be implementing all I've said, in there.
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO3T-IU8Cv8[url][/url]
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by reidkrugger(m): 9:43pm On May 18, 2022
I have been trying to decypher the myth behind YouTube viewing growth and have tried a lot of things. Down to spamming even if I didn't know that's what it's called. It didn't solve anything. Now, I've changed the channel name a dozen times to see if would help but no. Matter of fact, it was picking up by itself around December but I wasn't patient enough. Excited at the development, I decided to speed up the process. And this greatly angered the algorithm. So now, after thinking everything through, I'm going back to the basics. To where I first started. Where it all begun. Because the algorithm already knows that address and process and I stand a better chance staying on that part. Unless of course I do something drastic with the potential of going viral. So, let's see how it goes.
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by reidkrugger(m): 10:00pm On May 18, 2022
Ok, so here is a new episode. And still on the matter. I began learning how to do 360⁰ rigs while creating this video but couldn't really land it here. I didn't stop even if I couldn't pull it off and I kept working on it. Fast forward and as at today, I've come to understand it very well. But I've also come to understand that I can't be animating the way I do if I'm thinking commercialization. So this is where working start comes in play. Now I understand why The Tegwolo guys do what they do.
A monster has just been unleashed. Thank you guys.
Enjoy another blast from the past. But moving forward, on my channel, anything would be possible. And I've started with Nigerian and African celebs. Would be releasing videos maybe 2 or 3 times a week. Ok maybe 2wice a week. And in no time, everything should be fine. I still have other SM platforms to rub minds with and who knows about NFTs? I'm considering all options and could sell of the YouTube platform too. If I get a good bargain. Ok, nuff talk.
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqLKTId8pwo
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by reidkrugger(m): 1:20pm On May 22, 2022
So I did say I'll be working smart from now on and I intend to do just that. Still, there are some things I can't take my eyes off. This shot was suppose to have finished today but I'm yet to even begin animating, neither have I voiced a thing. Both characters are 360⁰ rigs and the facials are fully rigged as well. Well at least for this level of work.
So here's some screenshots from the shot.

Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by reidkrugger(m): 1:29pm On May 22, 2022
These scenes are hard to create. I should be saving these assets for re-use in future projects. But I'm considering changing colours and maybe depopulating the scene. Ok, it's party time. I'll see you guys later.
I'm trying to improve my staying time on this platform like I used to do when I first started. It's hard man. But will try. Also, the time for teaching is here. So if you've been following and are interested, this is the time. It's going to be on WhatsApp. For now. So make your intentions known by commenting and dropping your numbers.
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by cRAFTsVEN: 3:52pm On May 22, 2022
Nice work man

How long does it take to you to animate a 1 minute shot?
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by reidkrugger(m): 4:49pm On May 22, 2022
cRAFTsVEN:
Nice work man

How long does it take to you to animate a 1 minute shot?

It depends. These ones up here are all 360⁰ rigged. From creation to finish could take up to a week or more. Depending on the complexity of it's setup. If it's the normal ones you see been created on social media, start to finish could take 3days. 4 max.
Re: Who Wants To Learn 2D Animation? by reidkrugger(m): 12:18pm On May 25, 2022
Ok, so I began animating yesterday and from the look of things I could complete a 3min video by the end of today. That's animating alone. Anyways along the way, I do some drawings like hand poses or restructure the scene. I'm feeling sleepy. Still I'll manage to do a 2-3hrs work. Then go to sleep. When I wake, I'm doing beer, take a cold shower, eat and work till night. That's how I roll.
So, I'll see you guys. Yeah somebody here told me something awful. Not a good thing to say but I'm glad he did. He just brought the demon out of me. Again. ReidKrugger is back.
Gatto goooo!

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm A Flash Freak: These Are My Stuffs / CHECK THIS: Mastering Vector Art (Free Avatar Toonz) / What 2D Animation Software Was Used In This Video - MOPOL By Ghenghen Jokes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.