Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

They Told Us To Go To School But... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / They Told Us To Go To School But... (485 Views)

Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) / I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused / Meet Moses Onamade Who Never Went To Secondary School But Was HOD In UNILAG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

They Told Us To Go To School But... by Truthsoldier(m): 3:29pm On Sep 27, 2021
Back then so many years ago when we were tender our parents and guardians used to tell us "If you go to school 'immediately' you are coming out,job awaits you,in fact companies would be desperate to have you work for them"
We were so much happy hearing that.
Even in school we come across our teachers those years tell us if you don't go to school,you are doomed,infact you will be a nonetity and a laughingstock of the society, to this we became very much scared.

Those days I can vividly remember when we fantasize the choice courses we may want to offer in school,I can vividly remember myself saying "When I grow up I will be an accountant and work in world bank or CBN(smiles)

Growing up I saw myself changing courses almost six times,from accountancy to linguistics to international relations to theatre arts to law to political science (laughing)

The truth is that when I eventually entered high school,I saw those who came to lecture us on how to make it in life live in squalor,hunger and hopelessly pitiful,I was embarrassed, and I asked myself " success reject dis one?",I went into deep thinking.

Truth be told I came to largely discover that certificate is not the only thing one needs to be successful in life,that one needs to have a skill or business, my mindset continued to transcend for the better when I heard of a guy who then in school went into painting peoples houses and making it big,another one running a barbershop making cool cash even as a student.

These things our parents and teachers never told us,when I come across young ones I tell them especially those running to gain admission into higher institution and writing WASSCE fantasizing on pursuing bigger courses in school that they need to gain a skill also,yes incase the Almighty certificate doesn't get a job that skill or business idea can.

Nigeria get as e bi today,nor bi only by book pipple dey take chop today buh na by skill or business o.

Re: They Told Us To Go To School But... by Ammishaddai: 3:42pm On Sep 27, 2021
You can't really blame our parents sha. After all, they were only speaking according to the knowledge of their own time . Which is I always tell people to think deeply about the careers they wish to pursue . Because one skill or course that is relevant today ,may become obsolete tomorrow.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Guess These Countries Flags ? / Ondo City Polytechnic L.a Ii Lecture Venue / Which Economics Textbook Is The Latest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.