Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,980 members, 7,810,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) (31317 Views)

Lead British School: Video Of Another Bullying Incident Hit The Internet / Offa Old Students Back To School, 35 Years After High School (Video) / Sperm Don't Really Swim But Spin - New Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by NairaOcean: 2:45pm On Mar 28
If your kids have ever grumbled about walking to school, just let them watch this video, shocked and they'll quickly realize their journey isn't so tough after all.

In a startling scene, children in Fiji are seen swimming across a turbulent river just to reach their classrooms.

The footage, shared widely on social media, shows groups of schoolchildren in their uniforms bravely navigating the swift current to reach the opposite bank.

This incident took place on the main Fijian island of Vita Levi, up in the Sigatoka Valley at the Wainiagwai stream, which eventually joins the Wainimala river.

This situation arose because the bridge, usually positioned further downstream, was washed away during floods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpx-GitzB2I

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by thesicilian: 3:04pm On Mar 28
If you need something to break your heart you don't have to go as far as Fiji. There are children suffering way more than this in every corner of your own country.

154 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by Passionate888: 3:12pm On Mar 28
shocked
Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by tropaz(m): 3:12pm On Mar 28
shocked

No bigdeal

Visit OKOKOMAIKO MAKOKO on lagos Island and be informed... People in FIJI are not more superior than Nigerians.... GOD BLESS NIGERIA ABEGI

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by sofeo(m): 3:12pm On Mar 28
It's well.
Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by blueghost(m): 3:12pm On Mar 28
shocked shocked

No Guts No Glory

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by Jewessgratitud3: 3:12pm On Mar 28
Y? is it right for them to be going through such harsh living conditions? can't the govt do something about it?

Abeg I no dey like this kind yeye illustration.

May God make life comfortable for us and our children.

25 Likes

Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by damilola4162(m): 3:12pm On Mar 28
“This is clear evidence that they are not clean” Reactions as Imam forces Naira Marley and Sam Larry to say ‘Amen’ as he prays for Mohbad’s killers (Video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdoMRqDkZfQ

2 Likes

Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by iamoyindamola(m): 3:12pm On Mar 28
Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by largeman4u(m): 3:12pm On Mar 28
So much fun.

Check our signature for Tokunbo Cars.
Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by Peterpaul96: 3:12pm On Mar 28
This is so bad tbh. I feel for the Children.

Meanwhile, in Nigeria we have totally ignored tourism.
Here is my top 8 most beautiful places to visit this Easter period

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=785C7UU_rb4?si=Y2UnQAvwcWsIVMo_
Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by 2mch(m): 3:12pm On Mar 28
thesicilian:
If you need something to break your heart you don't have to go as far as Fiji. There are children suffering way more than this in every corner of your own country.
What have you done to help your children in your country. In your country? Or your job is just to come online and tarnish your country image? Even Fijians do not attach suffering to this.

10 Likes

Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by rhythyson: 3:12pm On Mar 28
Only God can save the black man
Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by MuslimIgbo: 3:13pm On Mar 28
grin
Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by DominiQ123: 3:13pm On Mar 28
Incredible sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by habeebobalola(m): 3:13pm On Mar 28
You wanna make some money
Check dis out

https:///MarconetworkBot?start=r00387076115
And thank me later,
Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by STEWpid(f): 3:14pm On Mar 28
Chai..

An island country,,

They look like Africanus.

Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by Debest49ja: 3:14pm On Mar 28
Is that the only school in the country abeg..

quote author=NairaOcean post=129151833]If your kids have ever grumbled about walking to school, just let them watch this video, shocked and they'll quickly realize their journey isn't so tough after all.

In a startling scene, children in Fiji are seen swimming across a turbulent river just to reach their classrooms.

The footage, shared widely on social media, shows groups of schoolchildren in their uniforms bravely navigating the swift current to reach the opposite bank.

This incident took place on the main Fijian island of Vita Levi, up in the Sigatoka Valley at the Wainiagwai stream, which eventually joins the Wainimala river.

This situation arose because the bridge, usually positioned further downstream, was washed away during floods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpx-GitzB2I[/quote]
Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by broadman20: 3:14pm On Mar 28
Which region is this in NIGERIA?

Don't they have governor or representatives in government?

Maybe so many of them are even here on NAIRALAND.
Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by Judolisco(m): 3:14pm On Mar 28
R u sure they ain't jst playing.... Riverine areas get canoes for transportation

1 Like

Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by JasonNOTStatham: 3:14pm On Mar 28
oh
Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by MaziObinnaokija: 3:15pm On Mar 28
sad make the current sha nor carry dem away

2 Likes

Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by Abujaexpress: 3:15pm On Mar 28
NairaOcean:
If your kids have ever grumbled about walking to school, just let them watch this video, shocked and they'll quickly realize their journey isn't so tough after all.

A country I look forward to spend my retirement? Thank the children swimmed across successfully
Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by pyyxxaro: 3:15pm On Mar 28
Ogaaan oh
Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by sylve11: 3:16pm On Mar 28
I hope to visit this island someday. cool
Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by inoki247: 3:16pm On Mar 28
Lol small country still not getting it right citizens turning to fish before getting to schl..

5 Likes

Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by cigaricon(m): 3:16pm On Mar 28
2mch:

What have you done to help your children in your country. In your country? Or your job is just to come online and tarnish your country image? Even Fijians do not attach suffering to this.

Don't ask what another person has done. Ask what you have done?

3 Likes

Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by thesicilian: 3:16pm On Mar 28
2mch:

I do a lot bro, a lot. But I don't have to convince you now, do I?
Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by Cineinfo(m): 3:17pm On Mar 28
Na swimming school dem dey go?

1 Like

Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by fitinwell: 3:17pm On Mar 28
NairaOcean:

No lifejacket,...

Ok how will those children return home ooo

Ok they will swim back against the tides abi...

I will never ,be poor in my life Amen.

6 Likes

Re: Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) by tefishy(m): 3:18pm On Mar 28
I know many will sympathize with those children they just watched in this video

But what I deduce from it:
* they are born radicals
* Swimming is a culture

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BSU Medical Student, Victor, Is Dead (Photos) / List Of Universities In Nigeria That Offer Admission Without JAMB True or False? / Sylvester Oromoni's Family Celebrates His 12th Posthumous Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.