Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Dealing With Mother Tongue - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Dealing With Mother Tongue (1241 Views)

Trying To Learn How To Speak My Mother Tongue In My Twenties! / Is It Truly Important To Know Your Mother Tongue? / Use Your Mother Tongue In All Social Gatherings – Ohanaeze Tells Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dealing With Mother Tongue by Youngaboy(m): 4:42pm On Sep 27, 2021
I know most of us have encountered one or two person's whose mother tongue is obvious.
I won't mention where am from to avoid critics.
Growing up, my speech was very clear coupled with the fact that I didn't grow up in my home town but a popular city.
Am above 27yrs now, so I started observing my speech the way I pronounce words becoming very obvious to an extent where people will tell me where I come from without suggesting, and if I ask how they know, they'll tell me it's from my tongue.
So I want to know, is there anyway I can handle this? Cos am not happy with the way people get to know my origin without me telling them.

I need help on how to overcome this please.
Trouble No Good.

Mod help me with this please.
Re: Dealing With Mother Tongue by UCHIHAmask: 1:13am On Oct 03, 2022
How can humans be so different in perception.
The same thing that makes you sad,gives me joy,I was happy when for the first time in my life a girl tag me igbo from my intonation!! Because I was born and brought up outside igboland,I couldn't flow well in the language and I was consciously trying to attain perfection in Igbo language at the time that girl made her remarks... It was good news for me, before then people mock me for not having anything similar to Igbos.....
How much I Iove local languages,if at all I don't marry my tribe,any girl I'm going to marry must be good in her mother tongue which ever language it is ...

English language isn't civilization
It isn't Iiberalism, neither is it advancement..

Local language(mother tongue) is civilization, advancement and intelligence..

China, Japan, north and south Korea, Russia, Poland, Ukraine, england, France and other advanced nations highly retain it's languages in schools and all processes....

But African nations that adopt other languages as official remain in perpetual bondage and decadence with no sign of intelligence or advancement...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Libation / Today Ado Bayero Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne Golden Jubilee / Ogidi Community Set To Elect New Traditional Ruler (Igwe)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.