Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? (16674 Views)

As A Newly Married Man How Much should he Give his Wife For A Good Pot Of Soup / Check Out Better Pot Of Soup I Made With 1700. Spicy Okra N Ogbono / My Brother-In-Law Dips His Hands Inside My Pot Of Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by wiseone28: 9:49pm On Sep 27, 2021
Enn214:
cheesy Dem value pot of soup pass anything...even the ones wey no sweet sef

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Ocholu: 9:50pm On Sep 27, 2021
Anytime my mum cooks a pot of soup/stew with plenty meat inside; naso she go tear everybody warning especially me not to go close to it.

That if I want, I should tell so that she'll come and dish for me.

But if na ordinary pot of soup; you dare not tell her to come and dish for you. Na better slap she go use disembark you for her front.

I am still yet to unravel the mystery behind this pot of soup thing!
Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Ocholu: 9:52pm On Sep 27, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Too much hands in pot of soup like egusi dey spoil am na

The thing go come sour

This one don too deep hand for inside pot of soup grin grin.
Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Davash222(m): 9:53pm On Sep 27, 2021
mariahAngel:

Hehehehehehehehehehehehe cheesy

Your jaw go ache you na.
And you know say kajad okporoko need to soak inside soup for at least 24hrs before you go fit enjoy am
Mariah, soak the okporoko with hot water for like 30 minutes before you add inside the soup.

Don't play with me with okporoko, please.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by mariahAngel(f): 9:58pm On Sep 27, 2021
Davash222:

Mariah, soak the okporoko with hot water for like 30 minutes before you add inside the soup.

So you know a thing or two about soup cooking? cheesy

If you soak for that long, e go lose some of the taste
Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Munzy14(m): 10:07pm On Sep 27, 2021
mariahAngel:

How did you know? grin
Random thought with your love for culinary.....cheesy
Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Kobojunkie: 10:09pm On Sep 27, 2021
judecares1:
My mom stopped serving me food when I was 7yrs old, we all have access to pot of any kind of meal at home in respective you a visitor or not,am praying to have a wife who will be open with my children in terms of food
Yikes!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Kobojunkie: 10:10pm On Sep 27, 2021
Enn214:
Why is it that they don't allow people to serve themselves once the pot of soup is involved... But if it's beans or rice, you are allowed to serve yourself..

Is it the meat they are protecting?? cheesy
My mum did that with soup but not stew and my guess is because soup dey quick spoil. undecided
Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by ImaIma1(f): 10:11pm On Sep 27, 2021
It could be because she knows the amount of meat she bought and one greedy child will go and dish with 3 pieces of meat and pack all the valuables in the soup.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Reflect7: 10:11pm On Sep 27, 2021
The high cost of the soup ingredients including meat is the reason.

We really need to make food very cheap for the average person in this country.

Also, poor power supply means most can't make use of deep freezers, which would help madam stock one month's worth of meat and other stuff, as opposed to the 'panic' that sets in when the soup pot is where the only meat in the house is. Thus needing 'protection'.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by drololaaof: 10:12pm On Sep 27, 2021
Pot of soup is like a sacred shrine the old earthen pot of soup is even more sacred than this modern ones ,if it is broken some marriages can be destroyed, it is like taking care of the under.
Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by LaSenior: 10:15pm On Sep 27, 2021
OLDESTWARRIBOY:

Yeah, my Mom then always hides the pot of soup, stew anything that has Meat/fish in it cuz me and my sisters were experts in the act of making meats disappear

tegwolo is that you
Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by geunik(m): 10:24pm On Sep 27, 2021
Enn214:
Why is it that they don't allow people to serve themselves once the pot of soup is involved... But if it's beans or rice, you are allowed to serve yourself..

That is where stealing starts for kids
Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by phenzy(m): 10:28pm On Sep 27, 2021
Davash222:

Bro. What’s the meaning of okporoko?
Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Kamachicho(f): 10:30pm On Sep 27, 2021
Enn214:

If you ask me na who I go ask? grin
Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Btruth: 10:37pm On Sep 27, 2021
queenjoseph:
Because pots of rice and other types of food mostly finish in one day.

But soup always takes few days before it can finish.

So it must be protected otherwise your children can make it finish in one day if you allow them serve themselves.

Also there are meats and other things inside which must be protected.
protected, as in full protection nii ooo
grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 27, 2021
It's believed that too many hands in a pot of soup will make it sour.

So in my house, its the person who cooks the soup that is allowed to dish for everyone. My mum won't cook and she won't serve it.
We cook and serve her.

For me, I can send anyone to my pot of soup but with instructions on the number of meat to take and where to scoop the soup from. You don't scoop my soup from the middle. Or search it for any side attractions. You scoop from the side.

My mother doesn't have time for all that.
Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by armyofone(m): 10:50pm On Sep 27, 2021
mariahAngel:

True
It will cycle back and taste like cod fish grin and not that authentic okporoko cod-dyfied (that smell/aroma)

1 Like

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Bunmhi(f): 10:56pm On Sep 27, 2021
Because of thief like you, yes you!
Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by ModeEbo(m): 11:01pm On Sep 27, 2021
Too much hands dey make soup sour
Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Davash222(m): 11:02pm On Sep 27, 2021
phenzy:

Bro. What’s the meaning of okporoko?
Stockfish.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Davash222(m): 11:06pm On Sep 27, 2021
mariahAngel:

I taught my girlfriend how to cook.

I don't even soak, I wash and pour inside immediately. No time

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Elsueno: 11:07pm On Sep 27, 2021

Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by 1972xy: 11:10pm On Sep 27, 2021
Pot of soup protection against the children is a means of training the children from stealing.
Meat is a delicacy for children....yoruba children called it nana...it is very sweet.
If mothers did not protect her pot of soup or warn on taking out of it without permission it will definitely tell on the children in future.
Any child stealing from her mother's pot is bound to steal in the future if not cautioned.
Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Nothingserious: 11:26pm On Sep 27, 2021
Davash222:

I like eating with 4 meats garnished with kajad okporoko. Take note when serving, please.

Lol!

Who is taking the note pls?
Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by joe120120(m): 11:30pm On Sep 27, 2021
Enn214:

Na mother's area be day o
Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by pekisdgee(m): 11:53pm On Sep 27, 2021
women educations endz in kitchen lol ask google
Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by phenzy(m): 11:55pm On Sep 27, 2021
Davash222:

Stockfish.

Oh okay grin
Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by leofab(f): 12:19am On Sep 28, 2021
Enn214:

They will not allow you..old or young..
Some even get angry seeing their husband with the pot of soup
rice or beans don’t get soured but soup does.
Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 28, 2021
Na poverty grin
Re: Why Are Mums, Women Always Placing Restrictions On Pot Of Soup?? by Lexusgs430: 12:38am On Sep 28, 2021
Simply put : Poverty mentality....... wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Debate: Failed Family Planning.Who Is To Be Blamed More,the Wife Or The Husband / FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die / Should A Man Stop His Wife From Wearing Trousers After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.