Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

How To Get Rid Of Depression - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Get Rid Of Depression (997 Views)

Signs Of Depression And How To Manage It. Lets Discuss! / Use Oriflame Footscrub And Ecollagen Cream To Get Rid Of That Stretch Marks / BED BUGS! Please How Do I Get Rid Of Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Rid Of Depression by knonsweetness(f): 10:18pm On Sep 27, 2021
There is no need to be depressed over things you cannot control.

Eat healthily
Set new goals
Get in a routine
Get into activities
Do some exercise
Do something new
Practice Meditation
Practice Mindfulness
Replace negative thoughts with what you are grateful for.

Focus on who you want to be. Play to your strengths and be proud of what makes you different.

In need of Counselling or mental health support, book an appointment here https://www.balm.ai/request/
Re: How To Get Rid Of Depression by Bigredmachine: 10:33pm On Sep 27, 2021
Hmmmm how do I make money as a jobless graduate without involving in crime pls
Re: How To Get Rid Of Depression by knonsweetness(f): 11:34pm On Sep 27, 2021
@bigredmachine You don't need to go into crime, send me a Whatsapp message on 08120162101 We can send you some courses to learn, thereafter, intern in organizations you like to get some work experience or start a legitimate business.
Re: How To Get Rid Of Depression by Truoba(m): 7:17am On Dec 02, 2021
knonsweetness:
There is no need to be depressed over things you cannot control.

Focus on who you want to be. Play to your strengths and be proud of what makes you different.

In need of Counselling or mental health support, book an appointment here https://www.balm.ai/request/

There are many ways to stop or lessen the effects of depression, one of which is mindfulness meditation.

A lot of people who take antidepressants still have quite a bit of residual depression even when they're on their medicine. Conversely, the people who are the most likely to recover from depression are those that have no apparent medical reason for being depressed in their raw state. Why? These fortunate ones experience relief once they understand what it takes for them personally to achieve happiness and fulfilment in life--lessons often learned by patiently observing others."
Mindfulness-based therapy has been around for hundreds of years but has gained mass support over the last few decades because it's backed by science.
I've found that mindfulness meditation helps to make me more conscious in the here and now.
It has helped me figure out what my triggers are, how to accept reality for what it is when I need help, who can be helpful in different circumstances, ways of regulating my emotions that are not destructive. It has made all the difference in the world.

And if you're worried about it being "expensive" or time-consuming - mindful meditation can be done at any time of day for just a couple of minutes - which you CAN spare! You don't have to sit on your spot cross-legged for an hour at a time... you can do little moments of stretching while waiting in line or walking down the street if you want
https://farskills.com/courses/meditation-sucess-a-road-to-stress-free-life/

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Baby, Volunteer Wanted! / Cancer & Incurable Diseases / Myths And Facts About Weight Loss Supplements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.