Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Dozens Dead After Deadly Attacks In Northeast Nigeria-aljazeera - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dozens Dead After Deadly Attacks In Northeast Nigeria-aljazeera (633 Views)

Hunger Affecting 4.3m People In Northeast Nigeria – UN / UN Says 4.5 Million On The Verge Of Famine In Northeast Nigeria / Yakubu Gowon Leads Prayer Rally Against Killings, Boko Haram Attack In NorthEast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dozens Dead After Deadly Attacks In Northeast Nigeria-aljazeera by EmmanuelScott1(m): 9:26am On Sep 28, 2021
State security commissioner says troops came under fire before forcing the assailants to withdraw.
Dozens of people were killed in three separate attacks in different states in northern Nigeria.
In the northwestern state of Kaduna, at least 34 people were killed and seven wounded after gunmen attacked a village there.
“Unidentified gunmen attacked Madamai village in Kaura … 34 residents have been confirmed dead following the attack. Seven others sustained injuries,” state security commissioner Samuel Aruwan said on Monday, later adding that the attack took place late Sunday.

Troops came under fire before forcing the assailants to withdraw after an intense exchange, he said.

Aruwan added that two suspects were being questioned in connection with the attack.

Also in Kaduna, gunmen attacked a church in the Kachia district on Sunday.

“A life was lost and some worshippers were seriously injured,” Aruwan said in a separate statement.

In the northwestern Sokota State, 22 Nigerian security personnel were killed in an attack on a remote army base.

Aminu Gobir, a member of the state assembly, told Reuters 17 bodies were recovered on Sunday and an additional five were found on Monday. He said the dead were 14 soldiers, five police officers and three members of a civil defence force.
Nigeria’s military said suspected Islamic State-aligned fighters and criminals were behind the attack.

The Islamic State West Africa Province group is active in the northeast since 2016, a thousand miles away from the northwest.

Criminal gangs known locally as bandits have terrorised northwest and central Nigeria for years, but they have become more brazen in recent months and the military has renewed operations in the region.

These bandits raid villages, steal cattle, kidnap for ransom and burn houses.
But analysts see signs of growing cooperation between the gangs and armed fighters fighting a 12-year operation in the northeast.

The military began an anti-bandit campaign earlier this month in Zamfara State and other northern states have imposed restrictions on movement and trade as well as a telecoms blackout to try to control the gunmen.

Armed bandits have been fleeing their camps in Zamfara and spilling into neighbouring states, according to officials and residents.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2021/9/27/gunmen-kill-34-people-in-northwest-nigeria&ved=2ahUKEwj2o-WJnqHzAhVsgv0HHWR-A5kQvOMEKAB6BAgOEAE&usg=AOvVaw1ItWIc5taGdYxcgXOySsL6&ampcf=1
Re: Dozens Dead After Deadly Attacks In Northeast Nigeria-aljazeera by EmmanuelScott1(m): 9:27am On Sep 28, 2021
Ozoemena cry cry

Bubu is more concerned about loan while his people are dying.
Re: Dozens Dead After Deadly Attacks In Northeast Nigeria-aljazeera by dallasi: 9:35am On Sep 28, 2021
EmmanuelScott1:
Ozoemena cry cry

Bubu is more concerned about loan while his people are dying.

your hatred for PMB ehhh
Wailing is indeed a frustrating and bad business.Stop it so you can stay healthy.
Re: Dozens Dead After Deadly Attacks In Northeast Nigeria-aljazeera by jumper524(m): 10:10am On Sep 28, 2021
Also in Kaduna, gunmen attacked a church in the Kachia district on Sunday.

“A life was lost and some worshippers were seriously injured,” Aruwan said in a separate statement.

This is what criminals do to always get a soft landing for their crimes. Once they make it a religious affairs, Nigerians loose their sense of reasoning and the main culprit enjoy while we derail on religious affairs.
That said, the people of kaduna should start looking for alternatives as it becoming clear by the day that the govt can't protect them...
May God help us.
This report Sha get as e be. The title say northeast but no single north eastern stage was mentioned in the content.
Re: Dozens Dead After Deadly Attacks In Northeast Nigeria-aljazeera by rayvelez(m): 10:13am On Sep 28, 2021
This is not breaking news it happened on Sunday another attack will still happen tomorrow, these bastard are having fun while bubu is hiding in Aso rock while mumu vulturebbqgrills is on mountain praying.
Re: Dozens Dead After Deadly Attacks In Northeast Nigeria-aljazeera by Faiththatworks(m): 10:27am On Sep 28, 2021
Although I feel so much sympathy for the Nigerian defence personnel in the Northeast and Northwest,I really don't like the reportage coming from there.
I think it's very unprofessional to only keep records of only the casualty by our armed forces.
It's cowardly, dastardly and unpatriotic to always give the number of armed personnel killed and not also state that of the terriorist, murderous,blood sucking killers operating all over the North.
I know it's good reportage and traffic for blogs and all these online news hawkers to give the casualty of the Nigerian armed forces,but I believe we can also send fear into the mind of these crazy murderous terriorist killers if we let them know for every army that's killed, hundreds of terriorist also fall down to the bullet of our gallant soldiers.
I know what I'm saying because I have seen unimaginable and blood chilling pictures of what's going on in the war front in the North.
These blood thirsty murderous terriorist bandits and God forsaken killers are recruiting children to fight their crazy war Nd I assure you that our gallant troops are felling them down in their hundreds,but u will never see it being reported.
It's time to engage these killers in a full blown propaganda war,if these blogs and online new hawkers refuse to report the casualty on the side of these miscreants,some of us will start posting the pictures and videos of how the Nigerian armed forces are dealing brutally with these bastards.
God bless Nigeria
Re: Dozens Dead After Deadly Attacks In Northeast Nigeria-aljazeera by gambia(m): 10:35am On Sep 28, 2021
The country has finally gone to the dogs, kudos to Buhari and his deluded followers.
Re: Dozens Dead After Deadly Attacks In Northeast Nigeria-aljazeera by proeast(m): 10:36am On Sep 28, 2021
Under our very noses, Northern Nigeria collapsed and became a war zone. These guys are fighting an unofficial civil war and if nothing is done, it will spread Southward.

There is no country today, in this world, that is more dangerous than Nigeria. Northern Nigeria is today far worse than Afghanistan, Yemen and Syria put together! If you're in doubt, tally the number of deaths and destruction in Nigeria in the last one month and compare with those countries.

This country is gone totally and anyone still believing that Nigeria won't break up ultimately is a fool who can't see beyond his nose!!

Nigeria is under curse, an abomination to its creator!!!
Re: Dozens Dead After Deadly Attacks In Northeast Nigeria-aljazeera by jlinkd78(m): 10:38am On Sep 28, 2021
Nigeria media threatened to dilute d extent of insecurities but u can not tame outsiders. Thanks u for this exposition
Re: Dozens Dead After Deadly Attacks In Northeast Nigeria-aljazeera by proeast(m): 11:05am On Sep 28, 2021
Faiththatworks:
Although I feel so much sympathy for the Nigerian defence personnel in the Northeast and Northwest,I really don't like the reportage coming from there.
I think it's very unprofessional to only keep records of only the casualty by our armed forces.
It's cowardly, dastardly and unpatriotic to always give the number of armed personnel killed and not also state that of the terriorist, murderous,blood sucking killers operating all over the North.
I know it's good reportage and traffic for blogs and all these online news hawkers to give the casualty of the Nigerian armed forces,but I believe we can also send fear into the mind of these crazy murderous terriorist killers if we let them know for every army that's killed, hundreds of terriorist also fall down to the bullet of our gallant soldiers.
I know what I'm saying because I have seen unimaginable and blood chilling pictures of what's going on in the war front in the North.
These blood thirsty murderous terriorist bandits and God forsaken killers are recruiting children to fight their crazy war Nd I assure you that our gallant troops are felling them down in their hundreds,but u will never see it being reported.
It's time to engage these killers in a full blown propaganda war,if these blogs and online new hawkers refuse to report the casualty on the side of these miscreants,some of us will start posting the pictures and videos of how the Nigerian armed forces are dealing brutally with these bastards.
God bless Nigeria

See as you don open mouth waaa, yarn opata full every where. So you're more concerned about hiding the truth so you can win the propaganda instead of accepting the reality??
It is this same weird thought process that is making our media not to report all these carnage going on in the North.

You think you're doing anybody? No, you guys are doing yourselves tongue tongue
Re: Dozens Dead After Deadly Attacks In Northeast Nigeria-aljazeera by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 28, 2021
The harmattan skins are more concern about analyzing SIT AT HOME IN SOUTH EAST grin

(1) (Reply)

Did Dr. Cyril Akunyili Condem IPOB? / Chidogo Akunyili Pens A Tribute To Her Late Father / Biafra : UN Issues ‘urgent Appeals’ To Nigeria, Kenya, Seeking Explanation For N

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.