Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? (15683 Views)

What Do People Mean When They Say “You Should Embrace Your Demons” / Poverty Is Why Many People Are Religious And Churchy - Reno Omokri / What Did Paul Mean When He Referred To The "Lawless One" Also As "Man Of Sin"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by chatinent: 3:13pm On Sep 28, 2021
I hear this a lot.

What is the actual meaning?

Do they mean they hate people with high morals? Or don't like people who'd stoop to their inclinations?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by billynoni(m): 3:15pm On Sep 28, 2021
It's the latter... 98% most of the time.
SCENE ONE
Mr X: Mr G, if you can give my company this contract, you're getting 20% cut.
Mr G: I'm afraid I can't do that or accept the cut you offered, I believe if the board deem it fit to give your company the contract, you will surely get it.
Mr X: I just want you to put in, good words for my company.
Mr G: I'm definitely recommending the best candidate, don't worry.
*Mr X gets home

Mr X to wife: That man didn't even look, my face.
Wife: Don't sweat, I believe it's yours.
Mr X: I don't even like churchy person like that, refusing a whole 20% cut.

SCENE TWO
Bf: Baby, I'm really so hot right now. Let's get down
Gf: Boo, you've forgotten we both agree to do "it" after we get married?
Bf: I know, we both agreed. But what's the difference there sef, if we have it now or later?
Gf: Okay fine, we have it now and we later break up. What does that mean? My virginity gone for a man, I'm not getting married to?
Bf: See where your thoughts went to, this your churchy behavior is annoying sometimes

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by stinjoe(m): 3:18pm On Sep 28, 2021
When one is so obsessed by zealous adherence to the forms or beliefs of a church.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by thesicilian: 3:50pm On Sep 28, 2021
People say you're too churchy when they can't get you to partake in their shenanigans such as drinking, smoking, fornicating etc

113 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by tidalstorm(m): 4:09pm On Sep 28, 2021
Some times being churchy could mean someone being hypocritic, non flexible and also having low empathy.
Some times people are just saying you are not compatible with them and don’t want to be reminded of their inadequacies. I had a friend who liked this girl, she refused his advance towards her that he was too churchy.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by Ayo081(m): 4:32pm On Sep 28, 2021
Often it's as a result of being an hypocrite.

Even Christ dined with the tax collector.

We're all guilty.

Even the Pharisees pointed at Christ

While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew’s house, many tax collectors and sinners came and ate with him and his disciples.

When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?” On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.

But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Matthew 9:10‭-‬13 NIV

Often we need to come down. Be spiritually poor, make friends with those we perceived as sinners. Then we can introduce Christ to them.

I believe that's part of lifestyle evangelism.

May God continue to transform us.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:42pm On Sep 28, 2021
Most people just feel everyone should be flexible in nature so that you can be tossed here and there like the waves of the sea! Isaiah 57:20 compare to Revelations 21:1 smiley

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Sep 28, 2021
chatinent:
I hear this a lot.
Do they mean they hate people with high morals? Or don't like people who'd stoop to their inclinations?
Define "high morals". undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by Kobojunkie: 5:27pm On Sep 28, 2021
stinjoe:
When one is so obsessed by zealous adherence to the forms or beliefs of a church.
Churchians, as I prefer to call them, are indeed those steeped in the doctrines and traditions of churches, cults, Assemblies etc., than in any teachings that have to do with God. undecided

There beliefs are typical superficial and born of a closed mind and certainly not of a mind focused on Jesus Christ. If Jesus Christ showed up in person, the Churchian standard would cast Him as a sinner or as one that is of the world. undecided

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by Cholls(m): 5:30pm On Sep 28, 2021
My brother
Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by RapistOnBail: 5:30pm On Sep 28, 2021

Mumu person. Dull and daft.

6 Likes

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by PCG1: 5:30pm On Sep 28, 2021
wнaт aвoυт;
"are yoυ cнυrcнιng ιn мy cнυrcн"❓❓undecided
ι'м ѕιcĸ oғ нearιng тнaт godғorѕaĸen wordembarassed

1 Like

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by eedimo(m): 5:30pm On Sep 28, 2021
Just want to come an learn too
Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by Hemanwel(m): 5:30pm On Sep 28, 2021
"The world has become so churchy and the church so worldly that we can't differentiate the righteous from the unrighteous" - Anonymous.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by Romanoff(f): 5:30pm On Sep 28, 2021
What it means is they are not practicing Christianity the way Jesus intended it to be practiced so anyone who does makes them uncomfortable so they claim you're churchy.

This is different from being a hypocrite church goer o.

For example, if you're seen as churchy, your friends might not involve you in things they know you won't do, like gambling, fraud, chuachua, bribery, etc.

8 Likes

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by tmtech: 5:30pm On Sep 28, 2021
When you behave like @righteousness22.
Always embracing fiction instead of fact.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by Buliwyf: 5:30pm On Sep 28, 2021
It means you are too Righteousness2 for their liking.

9 Likes

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by RichThugg: 5:30pm On Sep 28, 2021
You too carry church matters for head.

Simple cheesy

7 Likes

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by illicit(m): 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2021
Too holy holy

2 Likes

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by Dukeolumidemans(m): 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2021
It means ur not a bad boy

4 Likes

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by bigdammyj: 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2021
Reading
Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by RadioMOUTH(m): 5:33pm On Sep 28, 2021

The question alone don vex me..

Indeed you're too churchy...

Dem no lie

1 Like

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by g4everybody(m): 5:33pm On Sep 28, 2021
Most people in this category are dull and lack social life. they mostly post things about church programs and pastors. they see their pastor as God and always do what he says even if they are being misled.
Sometimes, they dress like archaic and uncivilized being just to be seen as modest. They see people who doesn't practice their faith as devil and all they talk about is church service from monday to sunday.
Lastly, they are hypocrite.

16 Likes

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by dan9ice(m): 5:33pm On Sep 28, 2021
Too spiritual in christiandom
Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by McOluOmo: 5:33pm On Sep 28, 2021
It means...... Stay away from girlfriends

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

3 Likes

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by MelaninGemstone(f): 5:34pm On Sep 28, 2021
Too religious (mostly, Christian)
Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by jubrilELsudan: 5:35pm On Sep 28, 2021
IT MEANS THE PERSON DOES NOT LIKE TO FVCK AND FORMS LIKE THEY DON'T FVCK.

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by Antoeni(m): 5:36pm On Sep 28, 2021
Good girls go to Heaven while
Bad girls bring Heaven to you
Hope you understand

1 Like

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by SapphireBlue: 5:36pm On Sep 28, 2021
chatinent:
I hear this a lot.

Why are you asking a question for which you already have an answer?

3 Likes

Re: What Do People Mean When They Say Somebody Is Too Churchy For Their Liking? by FalseProphet1(m): 5:36pm On Sep 28, 2021
People that refuses to succumb to peer or work pressure are tagged as being too churchy.

This I have seen.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TB Joshua Vs Dr Sign Fireman: Who's Faker? / Christians,scholars,-what Was The Age Difference Between Jesus Nd John D Baptist / Paul Enenche Blasts Looters: ‘There Are So Many Useless Rich Men In Nigeria'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.