Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,125 members, 7,838,862 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Mob Lynches Suspected Thief In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mob Lynches Suspected Thief In Lagos (514 Views)

Suspected Thief Set Ablaze In Delta For Snatching Phone With Toy Gun (Graphic) / Suspected Thief Burnt To Death In Ogoja, Cross River (Graphic Photos) / Mob Lynches LASTMA Officer In Lagos; Police Arrest Two Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mob Lynches Suspected Thief In Lagos by UBER99Sam: 4:05pm On Sep 28, 2021
A suspected thief has been lynched by a mob in the Coker area of Lagos State. PUNCH Metro gathered that the suspect attempted to dispossess some commuters heading for their workplaces of their valuables in the early hours of Monday when he was discovered.

The suspect reportedly took to his heels but was caught by the angry mob. A witness, who identified himself as Ibukun, said the crowd beat up the suspect till he lost consciousness. He stated that the mob later set him ablaze, adding that the incident happened around 6am.

Ibukun said, “On my way to work this morning, I boarded a bus to Orile from Mile 2. We were approaching the Coker area when I saw a crowd. Apparently, an incident had happened which caused a mild traffic jam that slowed down vehicular movements on the Mile 2-Orile Expressway.

“By the time we moved closer to the gathering, I saw fire burning on a portion of the road and as our vehicle slowly advanced to the direction, I saw a young man in the midst of the fire. There was firewood around him being used to light the fire and some guys were with sticks supervising that his body got burnt.” The witness stated that the area was notorious for robberies, adding that it was the second time in a year he would witness such a gory scene.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, CSP Adekunle Ajisebutu, promised to get back to our correspondent regarding the incident, but had yet to do so as of the time this report was filed.

SOURCE: https://punchng.com/mob-lynches-suspected-thief-in-lagos/

Re: Mob Lynches Suspected Thief In Lagos by EmptyGarden(m): 4:07pm On Sep 28, 2021
Nigeria has become a bloody Nation.
Re: Mob Lynches Suspected Thief In Lagos by bmdmix11: 4:10pm On Sep 28, 2021
EmptyGarden:
sooo it wasn't bloody b4, kua?
Re: Mob Lynches Suspected Thief In Lagos by DaddyRochie1642: 4:18pm On Sep 28, 2021
Hope the Thief has learnt his lesson
Re: Mob Lynches Suspected Thief In Lagos by constance500: 4:19pm On Sep 28, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
Hope the Thief has learnt his lesson

How Person wen don die go learn lesson undecided
Re: Mob Lynches Suspected Thief In Lagos by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 4:32pm On Sep 28, 2021
EmptyGarden:
NIGERIA has always been a bloody nation
Re: Mob Lynches Suspected Thief In Lagos by LokoH(m): 5:53pm On Sep 28, 2021
The tif na polis ? See de pishor
Rest in piss sha
Re: Mob Lynches Suspected Thief In Lagos by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 28, 2021
Suspected thief or a thief? Anyways Nigerians have proven that we are not so different from talibans

(1) (Reply)

Hmm Come And See The Biggest Thief Ever... / Pls Recommend Any Alcoholic Drink/pills For Me / Kidnapping: Police Need To Change Their "24 Hour Missing before reporting" rule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.