Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) (44512 Views)

Tallest Buildings In Port Harcourt: Pictures & Video / Do You Think People Live In This House (photo) / Would You Give Up Social Media To Live In This Mansion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by ThEGodFaThEr104: 8:33pm On Sep 28, 2021
dalass:

Even Americans were collecting $50 to support Buharis government grin
The one you collected in 2015 and 2019 where is it now?
Did it in anyway enhance your life and the lives of others that also collected and voted against their conscience?

5 Likes

Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by computer0810(m): 8:38pm On Sep 28, 2021
D only thing that could be done is for d govt to take over those places, I don't know hw some ppl reason, will d govt command dam water when ppl already built houses where dey r not suppose to

1 Like

Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by Iwaniewa: 8:40pm On Sep 28, 2021
If you knw how many times Lagos state govt has chase these people u would not blame them.
Itowolo down to ajegunle people like the area

Land their is also costly

2 Likes

Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by computer0810(m): 8:40pm On Sep 28, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:
Lagos is just a big overrated slum!

If you know say you be useless fool, then quote me to say nonsense
U have quoted yourself as a fool already, if ur ppl are not all rushing to lagos for greener pasture lagos wouldn't have been a slum

3 Likes

Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by udomma1005(m): 8:43pm On Sep 28, 2021
LokoH:

You perceiv odour through the video ?
I wonder! shocked

Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by computer0810(m): 8:45pm On Sep 28, 2021
So lagos state govt is suppose to be providing accommodations for all those that left there villages just to live in lagos and chose to live in a slum like dis

If govt should chase them away nw na una go still dey cry govt destroying ppl home without alternative as if na una papa house dey for give them

Nigerians with hypocrisy

3 Likes

Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by Eagba(m): 8:46pm On Sep 28, 2021
McOluOmo:
They should blame their local government chairman
In this case, what can the local government chairman do?

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind
Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by computer0810(m): 8:47pm On Sep 28, 2021
NoFucksToGive:
cheesy

SW propaganda machinery will have you believe Lagos is a megacity with streets paved with gold.

Meanwhile in reality the state is a glorified slum. My Edo state just lacks good leaders otherwise we would be Dubai

Smh
If only u ppl can all return to ur state and allow lagosians enjoy there city....ur ppl from edo r part of those staying inside that slum

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by Tomek09(m): 8:48pm On Sep 28, 2021
temitope27:
Na igbos full that place
Na lie. Igbos no dey live for anyhow place.
When I was in Ibadan, you hardly see Igbos living in brown roof structures wey full Ib no matter what.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by mema900: 8:50pm On Sep 28, 2021
SmartPolician:
People really suffer in Lagos. What brings most people here is that other state governors don't make effort to create opportunities in their various states, thereby making most graduates to relocate to Lagos in search of greener pastures.

The funny thing is that most of the residents living in shacks and deplorable conditions always hope that their conditions will change someday.

While they await that day, a good number of them take to thuggery (especially the Yourba-speaking folks) and the rest become criminals. I must have to admit that some of them are into genuine businesses and skills.

However, Nigerians must be made to understand that everyone must not live in Lagos to make it. Agriculture has huge potentials now so young people must look that way. Even the presenter couldn't stand that ugly sight as she kept apologizing to them and shouting nawa o cry

Agriculture so that buhari boys will kill you?

4 Likes

Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by Athemisia: 8:50pm On Sep 28, 2021
Holywizard:
Ashawo for this kin area supposed dey collect like #300 per nut.
Na for this kin area u go see 50 year old ashawo embarassed cry
Bros why na?? Na Ashawo na pain you for this kind situation shocked

1 Like

Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by Skoonheid(f): 8:52pm On Sep 28, 2021
This post brought tears to my eyes. I weep for the humanity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by Bfss: 8:53pm On Sep 28, 2021
Really
Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by Tomek09(m): 8:54pm On Sep 28, 2021
Skoonheid:
This post brought tears to my eyes. I weep for the humanity.
Too bad.
Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by duro4real(m): 8:55pm On Sep 28, 2021
Tomek09:

When I was in Ibadan, you hardly see Igbos living in brown roof structures wey full Ib no matter what.

If I may ask the Igbos that sell gas accessories in Dugbe Alawo And the ones that sell cloth in Ekotedo in Ibadan. Where do they stay please?.
Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by Eriokanmi: 8:55pm On Sep 28, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr104:
Don't worry, when it's time for next election, the same people living in murky waters would be the first to collect N2,000, a bottle of groundout oil and 2 sachets of indomie hungry man size to thumb print for Thuefnubu, the same greedy man that is packing over 70% of total Lagos revenue every month with two bullion vans.

Baba Onibaję Oşi.
cheesy

The era of the greedy man is ending already, can't you see

8 Likes

Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by MajorOvakporaye(f): 8:56pm On Sep 28, 2021
computer0810:

U have quoted yourself as a fool already, if ur ppl are not all rushing to lagos for greener pasture lagos wouldn't have been a slum

E PAIN AM! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by dalass(f): 8:59pm On Sep 28, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr104:

The one you collected in 2015 and 2019 where is it now?
Did it in anyway enhance your life and the lives of others that also collected and voted against their conscience?

I never collected a dime to vote in 2015.:Abstained from voting in 2019 because I knew even if I voted my conscience it would still he rigged in Buharis favour.

I'm just stating the obvious that poverty is in this country that can make somebody to kill another to earn 5k. Americans were filmed queuing to collect $50 and wear vests supporting Buhari. People will vote given only gaari and peanut.... Many alnajiri in the north

2 Likes

Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by computer0810(m): 9:04pm On Sep 28, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:

E PAIN AM! cheesy
Na true I tell u, ppl from ur state and even ur home town are staying in those areas namely agility in mile12, ajegunle along ikorodu where dey know d whole area is river bank and once Oyan dam is discharged d water will extend to d whole area but yet they have refused to leave those areas in years

U ppl out of ignorance r always quick to blame d govt for everything out of hypocrisy, will d state govt be giving accommodation to all those leaving there state and coming into lagos, d indigenous ppl of that area are fishermen and dredgers, dey will never leave even if d govt chase them.....abi u want d govt to build fence to block river from flowing

2 Likes

Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by computer0810(m): 9:05pm On Sep 28, 2021
duro4real:

If I may ask the Igbos that sell gas accessories in Dugbe Alawo And the ones that sell cloth in Ekotedo in Ibadan. Where do they stay please?.
U dey reply that mumu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by NoFucksToGive: 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2021
computer0810:

If only u ppl can all return to ur state and allow lagosians enjoy there city....ur ppl from edo r part of those staying inside that slum

We Edo indigenes don't stay in slums we stay in Europe and advanced countries

1 Like

Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by ThEGodFaThEr104: 9:10pm On Sep 28, 2021
dalass:

I never collected a dime to vote in 2015.:Abstained from voting in 2019 because I knew even if I voted my conscience it would still he rigged in Buharis favour.

I'm just stating the obvious that poverty is in this country that can make somebody to kill another to earn 5k. Americans were filmed queuing to collect $50 and wear vests supporting Buhari. People will vote given only gaari and peanut.... Many alnajiri in the north
You're right, but then they should also stop complaining when facing hard times as a result of corrupt govt inefficiencies.
You don't expect to sow cassava, But reap up cocoyam or You don't expect to sow rice
And reap up cassava.
Whatsoever a man soweth in this world
They must surely reap

2 Likes

Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by Mohbola(f): 9:12pm On Sep 28, 2021
We are suffering in this country
Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by nedekid: 9:12pm On Sep 28, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr104:
Don't worry, when it's time for next election, the same people living in murky waters would be the first to collect N2,000, a bottle of groundout oil and 2 sachets of indomie hungry man size to thumb print for Thuefnubu, the same greedy man that is packing over 70% of total Lagos revenue every month with two bullion vans.
Bros, people living in such poverty and conditions have no option than to collect all you listed above.

Baba Onibaję Oşi.
Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by aikyg(m): 9:15pm On Sep 28, 2021
SmartPolician:
People really suffer in Lagos. What brings most people here is that other state governors don't make effort to create opportunities in their various states, thereby making most graduates to relocate to Lagos in search of greener pastures.

The funny thing is that most of the residents living in shacks and deplorable conditions always hope that their conditions will change someday.

While they await that day, a good number of them take to thuggery (especially the Yourba-speaking folks) and the rest become criminals. I must have to admit that some of them are into genuine businesses and skills.

However, Nigerians must be made to understand that everyone must not live in Lagos to make it. Agriculture has huge potentials now so young people must look that way. Even the presenter couldn't stand that ugly sight as she kept apologizing to them and shouting nawa o cry

Not true Sir. Lagos is actually the easiest state to run, because the federal government has done the major infrastructural work for Lagos. When a Lagos governor say that he is building a new road, he is just rehabilitating. However, in other states, when the state governor says that he is building a road, he is starting from the scratch.

If you want to see for yourself that the state government has not done anyhting major in Lagos over the years, just go to places without federal government infrastructure for the state to ride on, like mushin, inside fadeyi, somolu, alimosho, ipaja etc.

2 Likes

Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by temitope27(m): 9:16pm On Sep 28, 2021
Tomek09:

keep running ur stupid mouth and be saying rubbish

1 Like

Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by Hndrrxxx(m): 9:16pm On Sep 28, 2021
MajorOvakporaye:
Lagos is just a big overrated slum!

If you know say you be useless fool, then quote me to say nonsense
it seems your mental capability is in doubt �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by Udure2468: 9:21pm On Sep 28, 2021
mobilenewsnetwo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfnhGEaKmRQ

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CUXyeRBv86h/?utm_medium=copy_link
Please Nigerians, prospective parents....
Please avoid pressure to get a child when you're not able to cater for them.
Please this children are special gift and treasures from God.
They need not come and face these kind of hard strife life.
Will the Government make decisions for you again on how to manage your life...does it not occur to you that it's wisdom on your part to spare yourself trouble?
Those children are suffering for what they know nothing about.
Chaiiii cry cry cry

3 Likes

Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by Habib101: 9:24pm On Sep 28, 2021
Holywizard:
Ashawo for this kin area supposed dey collect like #300 per nut.
Na for this kin area u go see 50 year old ashawo embarassed cry
Chinekeme
Re: Itolowo: Lagos Community Where People Live In Murky Water (Pictures & Video) by SenecaTheYonger: 9:28pm On Sep 28, 2021
I want to be angry at the government but then I ask myself, how do they dispose their dirty? How clear is their drainage system? All these throwing of wrappers inside gutter or on the street has to stop.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Special Project For Special Man "Hajj Mufutau" / GERARD & GENESIS ROOF TILES FROM WICHTECH ROOFING. / This Is How Demolitions Of Super Tall Buildings Are Done!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.