Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,457 members, 7,812,404 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement (23305 Views)

NCC Sues MTN For Copyright Infringement Against Maleke / Banks Blame CBN For Scarcity Of Naira Notes / Court Officials Raid Bet9ja Over ‘name, Seal Infringement’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by Bahun(m): 6:43am On Sep 29, 2021
Validated:
Noise maker ... CAC will just delist the company using one default or another. It could be late filing of returns, tax fraud, anything. You as an individual cannot win the [/b]Frauderal [b] ;DGovt of Nigeria.
Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by lexy2014: 6:43am On Sep 29, 2021
omoadeleye:

Now i have just found the golden comment i have been looking for.

Like, i don't get the nuisances being constituted by the private organisation, the NAIRA name absolutely belongs to the government.

Government suppose to even sue his ass for making money with government franchise without remitting any forms of royalty to the government.

so govt should also sue nairaland and nairamarley right?
Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by 1Alex: 6:44am On Sep 29, 2021
SarkinYarki:
The term Naira actually belongs to the CBN sha
and the term enaira belongs to who?

But I suspect this is a plot to give another reason why the eNaira won't be launched by October 1st. Trust these guys at your own risk.

1 Like

Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by Elsueno: 6:47am On Sep 29, 2021
Some Nigerians are extremely greedy Sha.....dis is economic sabotage, how could u say dat the word "enaira" belongs to u, na ur papa own d naira. This company & his lawyer are just broke & want to chop our tax money.
We would pay nothing!, Naira belongs to all Nigerians

1 Like

Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by sib55: 6:49am On Sep 29, 2021
I think e-naira lost the name when FBI took down their page for affiliation with Liberty Reserve some years back. I dont think the organization has been deemed legal ever since then.
But forget story me sef would sue them for the bag. How can they just wake up and not do due diligence.
Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by AuthegaPRIMUS(m): 6:59am On Sep 29, 2021
Validated:
Noise maker ... CAC will just delist the company using one default or another. It could be late filing of returns, tax fraud, anything. You as an individual cannot win the Frauderal Govt of Nigeria.

Say it with your chest.
Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by ivolt: 7:03am On Sep 29, 2021
Moblux:
If it were to be a sane clime, ENaira Payment Solution Ltd could make hell of money from the litigation. Unfortunately, this is Nigeria where the Central Bank has been converted to commercial bank by the many commercial bankers brought in to superintend it.
This company should never have been registered in the first place as individuals
don't have the right to copyright national assets or their derivatives.

By the time the case is over, this greedy company may cause trouble for other businesses with "Naira"
in their name, even Nairaland may be targeted.
Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by lomprico(m): 7:15am On Sep 29, 2021
SarkinYarki:

and e-naira belongs to the company.
Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by victorv12(m): 7:19am On Sep 29, 2021
Validated:
Noise maker ... CAC will just delist the company using one default or another. It could be late filing of returns, tax fraud, anything. You as an individual cannot win the Frauderal Govt of Nigeria.

�� "Frauderal Govt of Nigeria"�
Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by SirMichael1: 7:20am On Sep 29, 2021
SarkinYarki:
But the alphabet 'e' doesn't.
Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by ivolt: 7:22am On Sep 29, 2021
splashbaby:
Hahahaha Naira and not eNaira, this is a different entity all together. If not CAC will not have registered it. With the CAC registration, eNaira is not an exclusive property of the CBN...this is what CAC registration means...they can't jump on it as if they own it. What have they been waiting for all this years to make eNaira a statutory name or property.
Speaking from experience, you can almost register any name with CAC as long as another person does not own it
and it is not expressly illegal. Words like Nigeria, Naira and the rest that should be protected are freely given out.

BTW, company registration is not the same as copyright or trademark.

3 Likes

Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by jaxxy(m): 7:32am On Sep 29, 2021
Validated:

U can if u do ur job right.
Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by bamirotola: 7:42am On Sep 29, 2021
chatinent:

- Source

The incompetence that has engulfed and conflagrated the federal civil service and government is sardonic.. How can you register or use a name without confirming its availability from the Cooperate affairs commission . This is crazy.. If they build website too, it will be below bad.. This is truly a kakistocratic system of government and I blame thos that voted them in... 2023 is coming, liberate yourself from sapaitic bondage and vote what and who is right for the country.. I have landed..

Eseun
Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by BlackFlamefromP: 7:46am On Sep 29, 2021
Your reasoning is sound bro. Majority of commentators on this thread are SO IGNORANT!

NAIRA is a property of the Federal Govt of Nigeria through CBN. The term 'eNaira' is only meant to indicate that it's an electronic version of Naira.

So ordinarily it's CBN that suppose to sue the company and it's owners for using the name of cbn's property without authorization and not the other way round!

Anyway, let's see how it goes. But I feel the best they would achieve may be to delay the launch of eNaira. They can't win this case

allthingsgood:
This company can't win. CBN has statutory powers to manufacture naira. They just choose to do it electronically now, i.e eNaira. Law suit is dead on arrival

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by Topmaike007(m): 7:47am On Sep 29, 2021
googlepikins:
He should sue them for $500billion . Useless cows. You ban Bitcoin wan come open your own
why body dey pain you undecided
Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by pacespot(m): 7:47am On Sep 29, 2021
Blackfire:
Southerners undermining the FG

North2023

Have you heard anything about copyright ©️ or trademark ™️ before? You northern cows just take anything along ethnic and religious lines. I don't even know who merged us with these cows who cannot make a difference between a copyright infringement and politics tongue

So a single private business owner who takes the legal route to protect its investments is now equating to Yoruba's and Igbo fighting FG Who is this cattle rearer?
Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by Topmaike007(m): 7:48am On Sep 29, 2021
Validated:
dem no know oo
Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by Topmaike007(m): 7:48am On Sep 29, 2021
SarkinYarki:
including Naira Marley
Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by BlackFlamefromP: 7:52am On Sep 29, 2021
Another good point. What you just say would likely be the ultimate outcome of this stupid lawsuit. Companies would be banned from ever using Naira as part of their official name at the end of the day.

ivolt:

This company should never have been registered in the first place as individuals
don't have the right to copyright national assets or their derivatives.

By the time the case is over, this greedy company may cause trouble for other businesses with "Naira"
in their name, even Nairaland may be targeted.

1 Like

Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by Buzx: 8:04am On Sep 29, 2021
omoadeleye:

Now i have just found the golden comment i have been looking for.

Like, i don't get the nuisances being constituted by the private organisation, the NAIRA name absolutely belongs to the government.

Government suppose to even sue his ass for making money with government franchise without remitting any forms of royalty to the government.

Using your logic, government can sue Nairaland, too?

1 Like

Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by freshalien: 8:05am On Sep 29, 2021
Validated:

Mentalities like this contributed to the fall and rot of Nigeria. In saner clime, you can sue the president, prime minister or even the senate of your country and win because the judiciary over there are truly independent.

But in Nigeria, the judiciary are nothing more than errand boys and girls of the executive arm and citizens like you making statements like these have only but contributed to the corruption in the Nigerian legal snd political system.
Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by ysalli: 8:25am On Sep 29, 2021
Winters23:
The company just want free publicity but it could backfire

Thanks for this info. How can an entrepreneur tap in to this to make more money
Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 29, 2021
SarkinYarki:
the question should be how did they get registered by cac
Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by allthingsgood: 8:31am On Sep 29, 2021
splashbaby:
Hahahaha Naira and not eNaira, this is a different entity all together. If not CAC will not have registered it. With the CAC registration, eNaira is not an exclusive property of the CBN...this is what CAC registration means...they can't jump on it as if they own it. What have they been waiting for all this years to make eNaira a statutory name or property.

Are u comparing CAC registration with an Act of the National Assembly smh. Even the Court where he sued was created by Law, not CAC registration ok!

1 Like

Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by criuze(m): 8:32am On Sep 29, 2021
Looking for law in a lawless country
Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by allthingsgood: 8:33am On Sep 29, 2021
[quote author=Bahun post=106269343][/quote]

Your lame attempt to highlight rubbish didnt work grin cheesy
Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by cobsol(m): 8:38am On Sep 29, 2021
Validated:

In a fair climate is it suppose to be so?
We are so myopic to the point we now reason like cows in this country.

Trademark is trademark and should be respected that's why I don't pay any tax or any kind to to the FGN

Fools, fools you that even wrote this, you are a fool
Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by SarkinYarki: 8:49am On Sep 29, 2021
1Alex:
and the term enaira belongs to who?

But I suspect this is a plot to give another reason why the eNaira won't be launched by October 1st. Trust these guys at your own risk.

Exactly
Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by Bobxin: 9:46am On Sep 29, 2021
Dead on arrival

1 Like

Re: E-Naira: Company Sues CBN For Trademark Infringement by Bobxin: 9:53am On Sep 29, 2021
cobsol:

In a fair climate is it suppose to be so?
We are so myopic to the point we now reason like cows in this country.

Trademark is trademark and should be respected that's why I don't pay any tax or any kind to to the FGN

Fools, fools you that even wrote this, you are a fool
Oga, you still pay tax, check your shopping bills, especially from shopping malls, you pay tax when you buy certain things like fuel, make calls, and even some bank transactions, you even pay more tax if you're a government worker.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Dangerous Mindsets That Can Hurt You On The Long Run / “There’s No Rich Man On Earth That Is A Salary Earner” - Pastor Olumide Emmanuel / How To Send And Receive Payment Online Internationally In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.