Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

How Sad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Sad (523 Views)

How Sad See Photos Of Nigerians Fleeing To Chad To Take Refuge / Dr. Alex Otti Looses Apga's Guber Primaries- How Sad / This Is Nigeria! What Corruption Has Turned Me Into.how Sad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Sad by yubee007: 5:36pm On May 28, 2011
No need
Re: How Sad by dejavus: 5:52pm On May 28, 2011
Good luck man, Best of Luck in your Travels, Most important thing is to secure the future of your kids, This (our) generation is a hopeless one unfortunately and seems everyone is contented to leave like this, Nigerian situation is as hopeless as hopeless can be,
Re: How Sad by PapaBrowne(m): 6:44pm On May 28, 2011
dejavus:

Good luck man, Best of Luck in your Travels, Most important thing is to secure the future of your kids, This (our) generation is a hopeless one unfortunately and seems everyone is contented to leave like this, Nigerian situation is as hopeless as hopeless can be,

The best way to secure the future of your kids is to fix the rot in your own sphere of influence. The leaders that have failed your country have one brain, 2 hands and two legs just like you. If you feel our generation is hopeless, my big question to you is: what you gonna do about it?? Are you gonna keep whinning or you are gonna find ways to make an impact??
The countries that are better today are that way because the generations of their fathers did for their countries centuries ago what you are failing to do for your country today.

Its true our leaders have failed. But that is possible only because we have allowed them to fail!!
Re: How Sad by dejavus: 7:19pm On May 28, 2011
PapaBrowne:

The best way to secure the future of your kids is to fix the rot in your own sphere of influence. The leaders that have failed your country have one brain, 2 hands and two legs just like you. If you feel our generation is hopeless, my big question to you is: what you gonna do about it?? Are you gonna keep whinning or you are gonna find ways to make an impact??
The countries that are better today are that way because the generations of their fathers did for their countries centuries ago what you are failing to do for your country today.

Its true our leaders have failed. But that is possible only because we have allowed them to fail!!

Thanks for your post, highly appreciated. As much as I am for making an Impact in making Nigeria a better place, am not exactly sure where to start other than a complete Revolution which by the look of the Ethnocultural composition of Nigeria its very unlikely to succeed.

A lot of nigerians are helpless in making real physical changes because we are all held ransom by the political thievies ruling Nigeria and its sad atcually.
I happen to know a few people who have been unfortunate to lose their life in their Struggle to make Nigeria a better Place, Personal Friends.

Nigeria currently has nothing to Offer any of it Citizen and when I say Nigeria I am referring to the Leadership of Nigeria.
"
    The labour of our heroes past
    Shall never be in vain,
"
The Quotes Above were copied fom the Nigerian Anthem, unfortunately reverse is the Case.

I personally have looked at the problems facing Nigeria and cant see a lasting Solution Democratically unless Nigeria Split up into the 3 main Tribes we have, because as long as an Ibo President is in Power and the Militant are "being" re-habilitated at a sum of 27 Billion Naira annually (Re-habilitate in form of Monthly lump sum payment to Militant) any revolution to oust such government will not succeed because the part of the country that such leader ails form will not partake in such revolution and please note that this goes for the all the remaing tribal regions we have in nigeria and this applys vice versa.

My point is the decay in the Nigerian Society is of extremely alarming levels it is unimagineable,

For the OP who feels helpless and sees leaving Nigeria for Greener pasture is the best option for Him, I see no reason not to wish him luck, a few people I know have also left the shores of Nigeria due to one health Condition or another and they feel it is a risk by staying in Nigeria if there was an alternative.

A lot of people feel irrelevant in their own country so who am in to blame them for seeking greener pasture?

In my opinion before things can get better in Nigeria we need a fresh start, which can never be achieved with the current leadership that we have.

So I ask you again, what is my responsibilty as a Nigerian to move this country forward.

(1) (Reply)

Join Us The Niger Delta To Celebrate - Today Is Our Day / If You are interested in news, Entertainment and more...! / Murder In Ilupeju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.