Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,079 members, 7,957,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:54 AM

World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) (64939 Views)

The Royal Caribbean's Wonder Of The Seas: Inside The World's Largest Cruise Ship / HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) / World's Largest Plane With A Wingspan Longer Than A FOOTBALL FIELD(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by Timfreds(m): 3:47pm On Sep 29, 2021
If men can build such magnificent structures for human kings and leaders, how will the Palace of the King of Heaven and earth, GOD, Who created all the gold, diamond, all precious gems, crude oil, metals, etc look like.
By His grace, I will make Heaven to see it.

3 Likes

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by jeffrey04(m): 3:48pm On Sep 29, 2021
The palace of the Oni of Ife

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by Elfaris(m): 4:31pm On Sep 29, 2021
The Oba of Benin palace though, compare with the others. Lol grin Even the Sultan's palace has more class from the uploaded pics. grin
Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by skitkid2(m): 4:48pm On Sep 29, 2021
Explorers:
QASR AL WATAN, ABU DHABI, UAE

Qasr Al Watan, which was finished in 2017, is a working presidential palace but it is also open to the public for tours.

Emirates247.com reveals some fascinating facts about the building, including the fact that its doors took 700 hours to make, with 23-carat gold inlaid into maple wood.

The Great Hall, meanwhile, features one of the largest domes in the world, with a diameter of 121ft (37m)
Very great post and also very informative

1 Like

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by horlanrewaju11(m): 4:57pm On Sep 29, 2021
Hygienebase:

Is India not in Africa?
you say wetin?
Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by Litmus: 5:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
See how you Nigerians and others are enjoying these photos; no one has once mentioned elites and exploitation of the people as you would have done had the post been all about Nigeria’s traditional rulers and their relatively poorly funded palaces. You’re all staring wistfully at the foreign palaces dreaming of visiting such palaces one day and yet when someone like me comes along and suggests that since Nigeria has many monarchs and chiefs etc and that these could be tourists attractions if we but only invested in them, drawing from the past to rapidly progress them to what they might have become had colonialism not interrupted their evolution, you all frown and complain that these our traditional treasures are worthless and all should be scrapped. angry

1 Like

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by eddyline(m): 5:57pm On Sep 29, 2021
Hygienebase:

Is India not in Africa?
Lol, I guess India is in Ajegunle

1 Like

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by izombie(m): 6:33pm On Sep 29, 2021
The oba of Benin and the sultan of sokoto parts are laughable. Big comic relief by explorer.
Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by Officialhorlah(m): 6:33pm On Sep 29, 2021
bigpicture001:

Better than macjeb..?

Yes of course
Explorers is the best in terms of exploring wink
Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by Neddyogu(m): 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
Goalnaldo:
Lhasa?? Is this where the Lhasa fever originated??

Nope. But the Lhasa dog breed originated there.

Lassa fever has its origins in Lassa, Nigeria.
Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by DOTian: 7:29pm On Sep 29, 2021
tradepunter:

The Chinese are messed up... That forbidden city was reconstructed after it along with many other palaces where destroyed because of the useless cultural revolution by moa.

They felt the then leadership was the cause of china's social and economic issues.

The only saving grace china has now is that during the civil with the soldiers of the federal republic of china aka tiawan.

The retreating forces of tiawan saved lots of the ancient artifacts from been destroyed and retreated to the current island called Tiawan. If you visit Tiawan you would see them on display.

How one man can galvanize a people to destroy their heritage is something anyone can't wrap their head around. It's the reason china doesn't have any ancient and pre historic listed because they are all major reconstructed.

Japan have more palaces that date back thousands of years along with the asian nation's listed above.

You're right about the reconstruction thing. I actually saw them fervently reconstructing the fallen parts of the Great Wall around 2005. That's the Baddallin section. I was surprised and asked a Chinese friend who simply jiggled. Went to Penglai in shangdong a year later and saw the reconstruction of another cultural site in motion..... Few years later, that place is now one of the biggest tourist sites in the Province.. Not totally against that though... If we can revonstruct some here in Africa, let's try....

On Mao, it's fair to say that lots of people never liked him because of the high-handed implementation of the cultural revolution. They don't rubbish him but yet they will prefer to eulogise Deng XiaoPing.. Mao was a thorough ideologist. Most of the Chinese leadership never followed his part because of the pains of that policy. But like in everything, the cultural revolution had it's good parts. Prominently, it helped to quickly wean the typical Chinese of many premordial cultural practices that bordered on superstitious beliefs, thereby preparing them effectively for the age of science and technology..

2 Likes

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by Dieuetla: 8:52pm On Sep 29, 2021
billynoni:
Okay, let me sleep now and read later... I know this would have definitely reach FP, by the time I wake up.

Seun and lalasticlala abeg, be preparing my first to comment money, this must be September to remember for my akant.

Oya Seun and lalasticlala I'm awake now,
the topic's on FP already, ask for my AZA.

Do they pay for FTC?

Where you paid?

1 Like

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by cardoctor(m): 2:51am On Sep 30, 2021
We still dey learn
Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by billynoni(m): 5:39am On Sep 30, 2021
mannasseh:

How much do they pay first to comment and how is it gotten
Lol, there's no monetary reward for first to comment, it's just bragging right lol... "Thousands of people, seeing my own comment before other's"
Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by billynoni(m): 5:40am On Sep 30, 2021
Dieuetla:

Do they pay for FTC?

Where you paid?
There's no monetary reward for first to comment, it's just bragging right lol... "Thousands of people, seeing my own comment before other's" grin

2 Likes

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by Frenzy01(m): 6:44am On Sep 30, 2021
See as palaces for Nigeria be compared to other places grin grin grin

Contact me for your swift buying and selling of any Dog breed. Pet care and boarding services also available

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Texas Man Dancing On Top Of A Moving Truck Dies After Hitting Overpass (Photos) / A Policeman Hanging On A Danfo Bus! What I Saw On A Lagos Expressway Today / ₦6.5m Ticket: Inside Crystal Skye, World's Most Luxurious Commercial Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.