Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) (64445 Views)

The Royal Caribbean's Wonder Of The Seas: Inside The World's Largest Cruise Ship / HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) / World's Largest Plane With A Wingspan Longer Than A FOOTBALL FIELD(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by Kolaboluv7(m): 11:29am On Sep 29, 2021

Me i want to marry a princess ohhh oga explorers help a brother grin grin grin

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by SenecaTheYonger: 11:32am On Sep 29, 2021
Explorers:
PALACE OF VERSAILLES, FRANCE

The Palace of Versailles was originally a hunting lodge designed by Louis XIII, but his son, Louis XIV, extended it to spectacular effect and it became home to the French court and government in 1682.

From there, it continued to evolve under the rule of different kings right up to the French Revolution, when affairs then moved to Paris.

The official website states that the palace has 2,300 rooms spread over 63,154 m sq.

It has been a Unesco World Heritage site for 30 years

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-9834525/Pictured-worlds-spectacular-palaces-Hawaii-UK.html

Now we have souless architectures like this. lol.

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by okikijamal(m): 11:38am On Sep 29, 2021
Sultan on Brunei palace nko

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by bigdammyj: 11:40am On Sep 29, 2021
Hmmmnn!
Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by Stundey(m): 11:40am On Sep 29, 2021
okikijamal:
Sultan on Brunei palace nko

I thought I'd see this mentioned in the first 10... The Saudi palace as well

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by topiredo: 11:42am On Sep 29, 2021
Explorers:
The Sultan of Sokoto Palace.

The palace is home to the Sultan of Sokoto, the traditional and spiritual ruler of the Sokoto Caliphate who historically holds the most important Muslim position in Nigeria.

The palace features an extensive courtyard, a mosque and luxurious bedrooms.

Explorers my guy, wetin be this now?.

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by Calitoscassius(m): 11:43am On Sep 29, 2021
Right! I guessing the owners of these flambouyant and highly expensive housese must be empty, while millions of people are homeless in these countries, especially in India where millions of children sleep in open streets dialy, exposed to child abductorts, kidnappers and trafickers.

Afterall the dwellers of these houses can only live in one of the rooms and they have only 2 pair of bottom to sit on one small chair in these extra extra large square metres of spaces. undecided undecided

The ironically annoying thing is, these poor homeless people have been brainwashed badly into supporting their oppressors to live in these large spaces at the same poor people's expense.

The mind boggles. sad

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by Angieeeh: 11:43am On Sep 29, 2021
Beautiful! Congratulations.
Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by Explorers(m): 11:50am On Sep 29, 2021
topiredo:

Just appreciating what we have bro grin

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by Abohboy: 12:02pm On Sep 29, 2021
siofra:

Fighting tribal wars and oppressing women.

What kind of foolishness is this? Had the Fulani not burnt down Oyo Ile and the British not burned down 90% of our ancient cities maybe we'd know but based off of notes from European explorers our cities were grand go and read about Ancient Benin kingdom where the Europeans were amazed at the organization, the long straight roads and the massive streetlights running along all the roads we have a great history just that it may not be as grand as others but it doesn't mean that it shouldn't be appreicated

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by jagorinho: 12:06pm On Sep 29, 2021
if explorers needed to add any Nigerian Monarch's palace to the list, I think the king of Ebira land's palace is the best bet.

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 29, 2021
Explorers:
The Royal Palace of Oba Of Benin.

Located in the heart of Benin, the Benin palace houses the traditional ruling house and seat of authority of Benin.

The palace, built by Oba Ewedo (1255AD – 1280AD), is located at the heart of ancient City of Benin.

It was rebuilt by Oba Eweka II (1914–1932) after the original building was destroyed during the 1897 war with the British.

The palace was declared a UNESCO Listed Heritage Site in 1999.

Why you con use this mediocrity spoil the great things up there. It's an eyesore, Black man and mediocrity are like bread and butter, they are Inseparable.....

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by shevon: 12:27pm On Sep 29, 2021
Explorers:
PALACE OF THE PARLIAMENT, BUCHAREST, ROMANIA

Constructed between 1984 and 1997, is the world's second-biggest administrative building by surface area after the US Pentagon, thanks to a floor area of 365,000 square metres (3,930,000 sq ft).

It holds the Guinness World Record for being the planet's heaviest building, thanks to 700,000 tonnes of steel and bronze combined with 35. million cubic feet (1 million cubic m) of marble, 3,500 tonnes of crystal glass and 31.7million cubic feet (900,000 cubic m) of wood.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-9834525/Pictured-worlds-spectacular-palaces-Hawaii-UK.html
The palace actually looks better in real life. Very enchanting.

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by Juicy001: 12:29pm On Sep 29, 2021
Explorers:

Located in the heart of Benin, the Benin palace houses the traditional ruling house and seat of authority of Benin.

The palace, built by Oba Ewedo (1255AD – 1280AD), is located at the heart of ancient City of Benin.

It was rebuilt by Oba Eweka II (1914–1932) after the original building was destroyed during the 1897 war with the British.

But why our own come look like compound house?

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 12:36pm On Sep 29, 2021
Beautiful palaces, but you spoilt it by adding Nigerian palaces

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 12:37pm On Sep 29, 2021
Evolutionlove:

Why you con use this mediocrity spoil the great things up there. It's an eyesore, Black man and mediocrity are like bread and butter, they are Inseparable.....
I'm telling you, the guy spoilt the thread with those dirty looking palace from Nigeria

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by realstars: 12:37pm On Sep 29, 2021
Where 4s Nigerians Palace?
Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by marleybrown1: 12:39pm On Sep 29, 2021
Why you spoil the thread with that benin palace lol

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by HarunaWest(m): 12:39pm On Sep 29, 2021
I have been to this one before.. And it was good although quite impressive. Palace of Ohinoyi of Ebira in Kogi State

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 29, 2021
eddyline:
Beautiful edifices! Non from the African continent?

Is India not in Africa?
Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by DaniDani(m): 12:42pm On Sep 29, 2021
HarunaWest:
I have been to this one before.. And it was good although quite impressive. Palace of Ohinoyi of Ebira in Kogi State

Mehn! This one beats Oba of Benin and sultan of Sokoto's palace hands down.

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by Bamzyriches451: 12:45pm On Sep 29, 2021
Why insult 9ja with those disgusting pictures down there after posting those beautiful pictures up there

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by FILEBE(m): 12:46pm On Sep 29, 2021
See as people dey go palace go snap pictures. For here an Mopol go dey ask wetin u dey find when u use mistake pass from gate
Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by COMPAQ(m): 12:47pm On Sep 29, 2021
TheSTreetman:

I know you're trying to include us in the picture but looking at all these artifacts above, I don't think this ordinary house is worth inclusion.

Abi o. Both this and Sultan of Sokoto palace do not deserve to be on this list.

However, we'd better remove the entire list from the internet, before some State Governors start to get ideas from seeing this.

Next thing you know, you see a line for N100bln in 2022 budget for State House reconstruction.

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by tujays(m): 12:48pm On Sep 29, 2021
alphaconde:

BUT I FIND THIER SCULPTURES SCARY
you find it scary just like I once did before I traveled out to Thailand and many Asian countries. the thing is our religious views in Nigeria makes us perceive sculptures like that as devilish. I bet when you travel to China and most Asian countries your perception about the world would automatically change. those sculptures are piece of beautiful art and edifices that attracts millions Europeans Tourist just to behold the site.

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by klas(m): 12:50pm On Sep 29, 2021
jagorinho:
if explorers needed to add any Nigerian Monarch's palace to the list, I think the king of Ebira land's palace is the best bet.

I was about saying this.
That palace in Okene is worthy of inclusion

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 29, 2021
Calitoscassius:
Right! I guessing the owners of these flambouyant and highly expensive housese must be empty, while millions of people are homeless in these countries, especially in India where millions of children sleep in open streets dialy, exposed to child abductorts, kidnappers and trafickers.

Afterall the dwellers of these houses can only live in one of the rooms and they have only 2 pair of bottom to sit on one small chair in these extra extra large square metres of spaces. undecided undecided

The ironically annoying thing is, these poor homeless people have been brainwashed badly into supporting their oppressors to live in these large spaces at the same poor people's expense.

The mind boggles. sad

At the bolded, Now you are talking. The World Is what Is what It Is.....
Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by Mrshocker(m): 12:54pm On Sep 29, 2021
Please I want to see Oni of ife palace lol
Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by xeratech: 1:03pm On Sep 29, 2021
Explorers:

wink

Re: World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) by neighbourhud: 1:08pm On Sep 29, 2021
topiredo:

Just a mention...make e no be like say.... cheesy cheesy

Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons / Condoms, Guns, Cigarettes From German Submarine Sank During WWII (Pics) / American Visa Interview