Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,284 members, 7,811,837 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe (14827 Views)

Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? / The Harsh Things Your Wife Has Ever Told You. / Who Is To Blame For Moral Decadence Among Our Youths: Parents Or Teachers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by FahBuLous: 11:42am On Sep 29, 2021
Mine was the "If I swallow a seed of orange, it will grow on my head"
Mehn the day I swallowed a seed of orange mistakenly, I cried for 5 hours straight grin grin grin

Share yours..

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by PraisesPblaze(m): 11:47am On Sep 29, 2021
If someone crosses your leg once, you will born a child with hunchback.
Elder bro made me cry and beg for him to re-cross my leg.

Lemme not talk of cocoa seeds... Lol

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by FahBuLous: 12:03pm On Sep 29, 2021
PraisesPblaze:
If someone crosses your leg once, you will born a child with hunchback.
Elder bro made me cry and beg for him to re-cross my leg.

Lemme not talk of cocoa seeds... Lol
grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by Sonnobax15(m): 12:34pm On Sep 29, 2021
lipsrsealed
That when someone Looks at the mirror in the night, he'll see ghosts staring back at him..... Mennnnnnnn,our parents really took us for fools cha undecided

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by chatinent: 12:39pm On Sep 29, 2021
My uncle own na if e mess, make we dey say bless you say we go tall like him.

En nyash go close.

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by chatinent: 12:47pm On Sep 29, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
That when someone Looks at the mirror in the night, he'll see ghosts staring back at him..... Mennnnnnnn,our parents really take us for tools cha undecided

Mehn..in Lag then, they also had this bird they said if you killed it, you'll die in seven days time.

The day I killed it see fear...only me give myself fever.. I apologized to everybody I wronged..swept the whole house for those days and all chores...called my now late grandmom and told her I so much loved her...I felt I was gone.

Lalasticlala

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by Sonnobax15(m): 12:49pm On Sep 29, 2021
chatinent:

Mehn..in Lag then, they also had this bird they said if you killed it, you'll die in seven days time.

The day I killed it see fear...only me give myself fever.. I apologized to everybody I wronged..swept the whole house for those days and all chores...called my now late grandmom and told her I so much loved her...I felt I was gone.

Lalasticlala
grin grin grin grin. Chaiiii

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by Richy4(m): 1:20pm On Sep 29, 2021
I saw a stray cat @ our backyard, I wanted to stone it, Only to be told that If I stone and killed it, I will die.... as a kid, since I did not want to die, I just dropped my stones and ran in...That actually made me dislike cats since " it could cause my death" smiley

I'm just wondering nowadays if a 7 year old can buy such a stupid story the way I did...Now that they were born digital from the womb..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by saxokay(m): 2:29pm On Sep 29, 2021
I was told by an old woman then that when chief obafemi awolowo died he appeared on the sky

then I was like this awolowo is a strange person
so just of recent I took my time to do some research about it I discover it was a lie from the pit of hell,so am planing to confront the old woman now to repeat the story again

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by gambia(m): 2:36pm On Sep 29, 2021
I was told Buhari is a saint.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by adesegun121(m): 2:37pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ok
Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by Bashnigga(m): 2:37pm On Sep 29, 2021
1.Cocnut water makes you dull
2.You'll have nightmares if you look in the mirror at night.
3.If you don't throw your lost tooth on the roof, it won't grow back.

and local man swallowed all these superstitions hook, line and sinker back in the days.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by Justinlean02(m): 2:37pm On Sep 29, 2021
That if you continue pressing that phone you'll end up useless, making cool cash with my phone now... Wanna know how, take a long look at my signature

2 Likes

Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by richmond500: 2:37pm On Sep 29, 2021
They told me I have my own moon and it follows me whenever I walk, everyone has his/her own moon.

If I shit for person house and that person set my excreta on fire, I'll have a leaking an*s

If I loose a tooth, I should throw it on the roof

If I kill a wall gecko, I'll urinate on the bed

If I whistle at night, I'm calling lalasticlala

At Night if I didn't turn the mirror, a ghost might come out from it.

Sleep paralysis is a sign of ghost pressing u down.

Dejavu means u had similar experience in ur former life before reincarnating.

If someone bites me, I should rub poultry feases on it.

9ja lost to india 99:1

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by WonderManly(m): 2:37pm On Sep 29, 2021
Just some minutes. I dey come...

1 Like

Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by dimmyj(m): 2:38pm On Sep 29, 2021
Marsh on spit and neck pains you when you wake up

3 Likes

Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by OG1BABY(f): 2:38pm On Sep 29, 2021
Don't whistle at night. Don't really know why though. Still yet to know the reason behind it
Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by HitlerGaddafi: 2:38pm On Sep 29, 2021
If boy mekwe girl and the girl use salt and water immediately, she nor go get belle.

2 Likes

Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by MikeMicheal(m): 2:38pm On Sep 29, 2021
FahBuLous:
Mine was the "If I swallow a seed of orange, it will grow on my head"
Mehn the day I swallowed a seed of orange mistakenly, I cried for 5 hours straight grin grin grin

Share yours..
I was told agbalumo seed if swallowed will grow on my head.
Before then, I have already swallowed a seed and nothing happened, so I just told her..
"Mama e will not grow, i swallow before." grin

8 Likes

Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by arthurwillia(m): 2:38pm On Sep 29, 2021
Not one woman telling someone else not to beat her son with broom that if The person does so the dlck of her child will disappear. That one shock me oo

Was told not to stand on the corridor or edge of a door or use my hand to collect water from rain when there’s lightening and thunderstorm but this might actually be true

5 Likes

Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by elmessiahs(m): 2:39pm On Sep 29, 2021
If you don't throw your teeth that went out on the sink, it will not grow there any more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by Connected1: 2:39pm On Sep 29, 2021
That if we kill an Agama Lizard and bury it with money.

Our pockets will never run dry and we will keep seeing more money in our cupboards.

They told me to bring my Mother's #500 note (then highest currency) that I would be super rich.

My friends who met them before me started showing me about 6k that time #500 notes.

I was astonished and I ransacked the entire home and I couldn't find up to #500. I was sad, I needed to buy a phone like my mates.

Unknown to me is that these people were scammers and they planned it all along.

They later went to another environ sha.

I sha tried it when I started making small money grin. but I later went to root my money back since nothing came out.

4 Likes

Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by Seniorwriter(m): 2:39pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ojuju .... cool

Reason I like the new song by OXLADE....
I dey fear Ojuju I dey fear..
I dey fear fear fear for you....
Till fade...

@SENIORWRITER

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by Hezzyluv: 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2021
If you used your lips blow whistle for night, you're calling snakes embarassed

If you sweep floor for night, u dey drive ancestors away embarassed

8 Likes

Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by dimmyj(m): 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2021
chatinent:

Lalasticlala
Lol
Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by ladensmith(m): 2:41pm On Sep 29, 2021
That India beat Nigeria 99 - 1. Sam okwarajj scored our only goal then wave to his fans before he died

14 Likes

Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by NwaNimo1(m): 2:41pm On Sep 29, 2021
That Nigeria would get better...

1 Like

Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by Dagger007(m): 2:41pm On Sep 29, 2021
Mine Is a question...

Why is it that when I'm cooking moimoi, I'm always advised to put a piece of folded paper on the pot?.... I no get
Re: What Were Those Superstitious Things Your Parents Or Elder Made You Believe by illicit(m): 2:41pm On Sep 29, 2021
embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Life Expectancy Depends On Your Location / Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? / Omg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.