Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,208 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:49 AM

Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency (3012 Views)

Should Buhari Probe GEJ Presidency? / Igbos Already Reaping The Fruit Of GEJ presidency? / GEJ's Presidency: Northern Elements Plan Gridlock, Mayhem, May Use Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 29, 2011
GEJ, in all hopes, I hope you start dealing with Nigeria's problems and less on spending away her problems.
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by mithel(m): 3:20pm On May 29, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Nigeria's first problem is religion, then tribalism.

Why can't we separate religion and politics?

The worst of the lots will scream Jesus in the morning, worship the devil at night.

abi na,iya wa.oro won ti su mi sef.it haff tire me. ;-(
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by beknown(m): 4:06pm On May 29, 2011
I pray God to help GEJ with wisdom to do the right thing. Amen.

I pray God to isolate GEJ from the bad influence of PDP and other people. Amen.

I pray God to provide the right people to support GEJ in his leadership. Amen.

I pray God to help remove bribery and corruption from people in Nigeria in their various working life. Amen.
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by Bensonite: 4:12pm On May 29, 2011
mabell:

I pray for the wisdom of God to guide our president through out his tenure and beyond
I pray for patience and perseverance in all his dealings
I pray that he is secured form the hands and eyes of wicked and unreasonable men
Men who are after his downfall and that of this great nation
I pray that at all time he is led of the spirit of God
And i pray that he is sorrounded by good hearted people
In Jesus name
Amen

This is my prayer for GEJ and Nigeria! Haters you can pray the reverse for yourselves not Nigeria. If GEJ do well Nigeria will be in a WIN-WIN. You guys are already opting for failure and expect him to meet your aspirations but God's plan is different.
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by mithel(m): 4:23pm On May 29, 2011
Bensonite:

This is my prayer for GEJ and Nigeria! Haters you can pray the reverse for yourselves not Nigeria. If GEJ do well Nigeria will be in a WIN-WIN. You guys are already opting for failure and expect him to meet your aspirations but God's plan is different.

so God didnt av a plan for nigeria in d past 50yrs.ishhh.nawa o
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by gymer(m): 4:28pm On May 29, 2011
It is well with GEJ! It is well with his governmnt!! It is well with Nigeria!!!
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by Desola(f): 4:51pm On May 29, 2011
Damn! How could u wish GEJ death. U r very mean. I bet your face is as ugly as your words

Easy! The same way he wished wished Nigeria into penury.
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 29, 2011
mithel:
Haba,why are some nigerians so so st.u.pid n gu.ll.ible.how many countries pray before their presidents perform.I think there are some times when we should just put God aside(am a christian) and use our judgement.God's name has been bastardised too much in nigeria.its only in nigeria,u wud see a skul cert holder praying to be a director in shell,an artist praying to be d head of a bank,i tink we neglect our God given intellect in d name of prayer.and dats y,wen someone's situation looks like he got to a position he didnt deserve,these ppl tend to identify with him.christains will call it d lord's doing,unbelievers wud say luck,cmon,if u dnt deserve sometin,stop expecting it.

only here we wud see ppl vote in the wrong person,and dey say May God change his Mind to good.isshh,we abuse prayer in Nigeria.

Too true. Separation of church and state is definitely needed.

If GEJ is an intelligent and wise man, people wouldn't need to start prayer threads.
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by Rhino5dm: 5:01pm On May 29, 2011
That was an adverse effect of being an extreme religious GOAT. The only thing those mooroons are good at is putting offering in the bowl and expecting wishful miracles. Dead goons!

mithel:

so God didnt av a plan for nigeria in d past 50yrs.ishhh.nawa o
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by ziccoit: 5:26pm On May 29, 2011
These people send people on pilgrimage yearly to pray on their behave knowing fully well they themselves are sinners. Your deeds determine what get to you-blessings or curses. You don't plant maize on rock and expect a good harvest. The foundation to every step is always important.

A graduate arm with a certificate obtained through conning manners will definitely cry at a later time. If the prayer is of GOD and He alone answer the prayer, you people are taking the Supreme Being for a ride. If you are ardent one, may be You ask GOD for forgiveness on his behave over politics of settlement, bribery, corruptions, electoral malpractices etc.

You people just need to study the science of prayer. Some people really need to be cursed. Praying for majority of Nigerian Politicians is actually cursing them without you knowing. Yeye people.
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by Egbagirl(f): 7:09pm On May 29, 2011
Ok so fine, maybe we dont support GEJ being in power (I personally would have wanted Buhari) but the truth of the matter is that he is there. There is nothing we can do about it. He is the president, lets deal with it. I believe we are seeking the good of the nation as a whole and not jus talkin based on personal hate/dislike for a person or party. Now if we are really looking out for the best interest of this nation, then I dont see why praying for the guy is too much to do.

He might not be the person we wanted but we should still pray that God gives him the wisdom to lead this nation aright. Here is what 1Timothy2:1-2 says, " I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone - for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness."

If the nation as a whole prospers, then we ourselves as individuals and citizens of the country will prosper.

I have to admit that I do my own fair share of blaming and criticizing the guy so my message is also for me.
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by Adebayok1(m): 8:15pm On May 29, 2011
I pray God to guide him
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 29, 2011
Egba girl:
Ok so fine, maybe we dont support GEJ being in power (I personally would have wanted Buhari) but the truth of the matter is that he is there. There is nothing we can do about it. He is the president, lets deal with it. I believe we are seeking the good of the nation as a whole and not jus talkin based on personal hate/dislike for a person or party. Now if we are really looking out for the best interest of this nation, then I dont see why praying for the guy is too much to do.

He might not be the person we wanted but we should still pray that God gives him the wisdom to lead this nation aright. Here is what 1Timothy2:1-2 says, " I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone - for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness."

If the nation as a whole prospers, then we ourselves as individuals and citizens of the country will prosper.

I have to admit that I do my own fair share of blaming and criticizing the guy so my message is also for me.

No amount of prayer can make an unfit president fit, and no amount of prayer can make Nigeria prosper. If Nigeria wants to prosper, that comes from Nigerians. People can get motivation and inspiration from whatever or whomever they worship. As for making things happen? That comes from GEJ and the rest of us. Assuming that the elections were free and fair, Nigerians put GEJ in office. Now it's up to GEJ to make wise decisions that will influence Nigeria and Nigerians positively. No amount of prayer will change any agenda he may or may not have.

If we ourselves, as individuals and citizens of the country prosper in doing the right things, then the nation as a whole will prosper.

Nigerians need to learn and understand the definition of democracy. PDP can walk over Nigerians because they rule, rather than lead, and most Nigerians are not brave enough to stand up for true democracy. Falling back on prayer has gotten the country nowhere. If anything, the country went backwards at some point.
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by Adebayok1(m): 9:00pm On May 29, 2011
I pray God to help GEJ with wisdom to do the right thing. Amen.
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by PastorOla1: 9:14pm On May 29, 2011
God should grant him the Grace to remain FOCUS in governance!!!!!!
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by Concept(m): 9:24pm On May 29, 2011
PRAYER FOR PERFORMER, CURSE FOR NON-PERFORMER ACCURATE, BRIEF AND CLEAR. I DO NOT NEED "JEGA" AS PRESIDENT BUT JEGA AS A PERFORMING PRESIDENT IS A WELCOME DEVELOPMENT. CEASE PRAYER FOR SPOILERS.
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by Egbagirl(f): 9:39pm On May 29, 2011
ogugua88:

No amount of prayer can make an unfit president fit, and no amount of prayer can make Nigeria prosper. If Nigeria wants to prosper, that comes from Nigerians. People can get motivation and inspiration from whatever or whomever they worship. As for making things happen? That comes from GEJ and the rest of us. Assuming that the elections were free and fair, Nigerians put GEJ in office. Now it's up to GEJ to make wise decisions that will influence Nigeria and Nigerians positively. No amount of prayer will change any agenda he may or may not have.

If we ourselves, as individuals and citizens of the country prosper in doing the right things, then the nation as a whole will prosper.

Nigerians need to learn and understand the definition of democracy. PDP can walk over Nigerians because they rule, rather than lead, and most Nigerians are not brave enough to stand up for true democracy. Falling back on prayer has gotten the country nowhere. If anything, the country went backwards at some point.

Definitely we need to do more than prayer. Im not saying that we should sit back, fold our arms and say that we are praying. Definitely not. BUT I do think it is important that those who are religious pray. The guy needs wisdom like you said. He needs to make wise decisions but then prayers can go a long way in helping him make wise decisions.

You said people can get motivation and inspiration from whatever or whomever they worship but then it is this same motivation and inspiration that is behind the actions now isnt it? People pray for wisdom and guidance when they go about their daily lives and well it works (at least for me). I do understand however that not everyone is religious and not everyone believes in prayer but for those who do, I still think it is important to pray.

Although, praying does not mean that we will see immediate change tomorrow or that Nigeria will become our dream country by the end of the year. Its a process that requires determination and detailed planning (prayer + action)
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 29, 2011
keep on managing and looting
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by mithel(m): 10:03pm On May 29, 2011
Egba girl:

lemme tell u,all dis prayers wont just work on its own.we have a habit of insulting the brain God gave us.if God wanted us to pray for everytin without thinking then i guess he wouldnt have given us brains.
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by Egbagirl(f): 10:06pm On May 29, 2011
mithel:

lemme tell u,all dis prayers wont just work on its own.we have a habit of insulting the brain God gave us.if God wanted us to pray for everytin without thinking then i guess he wouldnt have given us brains.

Right. which is why I said in my reply to Ogugua88 that we need prayer + action. But we need to prayer for wisdom to do the right things. Its like me praying to pass my exams while I sit and watch TV. Im going to fail beyond anything. But then I can pray for a retentive memory etc and the ability to study well so that I can pass.
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by soldee: 10:27pm On May 29, 2011
First I pray that God will heal our land, our Country Nigeria.

I pray that God will make the good in Mr. President's heart overcome,

I pray that God will guide Mr. President to see things as they really are,

I pray that God will give him the strength, both of character and of will power, to act as an assertive leader of the world's most populous black nation,

I pray that God will diminish the power of naysayers and psychophants and evildoers around him,

I pray that God will wash Nigerians with the spirit of forgiveness, patience and acceptance to give Mr. President's ideas a chance to flourish,

I pray that Nigerians will have a better life in Mr. President's tenure,

I pray that all Nigerians, regardless of their individual biases, would for once put all hands on deck and stop moaning,

I pray that God will make Nigeria great again,

Amen
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 29, 2011
I pray God guide him thru his days/years in the office but failure to do all he had promised, may he die miserably. I also pray God give sense which he lack in managing public/Nigeria fund.
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by LKRavitz(m): 6:55am On May 30, 2011
mithel:

Haba,why are some nigerians so so st.u.pid n gu.ll.ible.how many countries pray before their presidents perform.I think there are some times when we should just put God aside(am a christian) and use our judgement.God's name has been bastardised too much in nigeria.its only in nigeria,u wud see a skul cert holder praying to be a director in shell,an artist praying to be d head of a bank,i tink we neglect our God given intellect in d name of prayer.and dats y,wen someone's situation looks like he got to a position he didnt deserve,these ppl tend to identify with him.christains will call it d lord's doing,unbelievers wud say luck,cmon,if u dnt deserve sometin,stop expecting it.

only here we wud see  ppl vote in the wrong person,and dey say May God change his Mind to good.isshh,we abuse prayer in Nigeria.

On point. you said it all gullible lot.
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by LKRavitz(m): 7:01am On May 30, 2011
Pastor Ola:

God should grant him the Grace to remain FOCUS in governance!!!!!!

Pastor is this a curse or prayer? cos if he has to remain focused then he will continue to make unsound judgements. your prayer should be for god to grant him Wisdom or rather let him grow some brains.
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by kokorunna(m): 11:28am On May 30, 2011
None until we have electricity, good roads and a better health system in place
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by Two4Two(m): 8:55am On May 31, 2011
My honest and humble prayer is for Mr. President to fulfill some of his promises especially the issue of power (electricity). This is because when their is constant light, industries will grow some will spring up jobs will be created, crime will be reduced, life will be enjoyable to all.

This is my humble prayer.
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by nkirubb: 10:18am On May 31, 2011
I pray that God will give him Wisdom to lead our great nation (Nigeria)
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by dipotech: 11:46am On May 31, 2011
The God who creates the heavens and the earth shall guide and uphold GEJ. He won't let God down IJN.

Again, the pessimists, the saboteurs and all those who have perfected plans and strategic for the downfall of this administration shall fail woefully IJN!
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by otitokoro1: 11:50am On May 31, 2011
Oh Lord, remove far from Goodluck Ebele Jonathan the spirit of corruption. Wash him clean from his corrupt nature in Jesus name.
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by DonShark(m): 4:48pm On May 31, 2011
I pray that God should chase away detractors from him so that he can actualize his dreams for Nigeria.
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by juman(m): 7:40am On Jun 01, 2011
May God guide him and give him wisdom to handle the nation's affair.

May God strengthen him so that he perform and deliver.

If he fails the nation fails for another 4 years. We don't want that.
Re: Say Your Prayer Towards GEJ's Presidency by juman(m): 7:48am On Jun 01, 2011
*This is thread of prayer let me add here also*

May God make the elected members of ACN to perform well and deliver.

May God not allow PDP to win in South West again and other areas won by ACN in the country, because ACN is better party and more better organised and more determine to deliver to their people. They should win more places.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Resource Control: Fg Approves Plan For Bitumen Project / Exposed: Boko Haram Member Release Sponsors Name / Give Us Liberty Or Give Us Death……nicholas Ukachukwu Can Never Govern Anambra St

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.