Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,939 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Ibrahim Obanikoro To CBN: Close Domiciliary Accounts For 12 Months To Save Naira - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim Obanikoro To CBN: Close Domiciliary Accounts For 12 Months To Save Naira (29543 Views)

Isaac Fayose Calls On Tinubu To Seize Dollars In Domiciliary Accounts / Obanikoro To Court: We Airlifted N1.2b For Fayose's Election In 2014 / Ibrahim Obanikoro Domiciliary Account Ban: Why It's Stupid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibrahim Obanikoro To CBN: Close Domiciliary Accounts For 12 Months To Save Naira by GetMeRight: 10:09am On Sep 30, 2021
samsard:
I'd say 90% is caused by poor government policies. Lebanon has a similar problem and it was the government that put them in the situation.
You can't easily demand patriotism in a country like this.

You don't show patriotism "in a country like this" and our children are born and raised to make it worse for themselves. Lol
Re: Ibrahim Obanikoro To CBN: Close Domiciliary Accounts For 12 Months To Save Naira by GetMeRight: 10:10am On Sep 30, 2021
samsard:
This will lead us keeping our fx offshore. Fx will also be kept off the banking system.
If you think this is a smart move, then you know nothing.
I'll start converting my earnings to Bitcoin instead and Nigeria will be the one to lose

You do that and knowing fully well that it's a game of chance
Re: Ibrahim Obanikoro To CBN: Close Domiciliary Accounts For 12 Months To Save Naira by samsard(m): 10:33am On Sep 30, 2021
GetMeRight:

You don't show patriotism "in a country like this" and our children are born and raised to make it worse for themselves. Lol
Don't get me wrong, I don't go about breaking laws. But I don't jeopardize my future on the alter of patriotism for a country whose leaders have dual citizen kids and have no regard for the average man.
Re: Ibrahim Obanikoro To CBN: Close Domiciliary Accounts For 12 Months To Save Naira by Isaacmacdon(m): 12:53pm On Sep 30, 2021
cooooooks:
Yes, you can open foreign currency accounts in developed countries.

In Canada, UK, many people, especially if they work internationally, have a USD & EURO account.

Payoneer comes with a designated foreign account for either of euro or dollars.
So many entrepreneurs have been taking advantage of such opportunity.
Re: Ibrahim Obanikoro To CBN: Close Domiciliary Accounts For 12 Months To Save Naira by Mide1data: 10:35pm On Sep 30, 2021
Seun:
The most idiotic thing I've read this year. Yet now that they are bold enough to say it out loud, it seems clear that they want to do it.

I know this is not the right time or thread. But please create an official app, am tired of using opera mini to login.
Re: Ibrahim Obanikoro To CBN: Close Domiciliary Accounts For 12 Months To Save Naira by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 01, 2021
Currencies have the value that people place on it. Know this and know peace
Exports don’t buoy a currency. Confidence from people buoy a currency
Re: Ibrahim Obanikoro To CBN: Close Domiciliary Accounts For 12 Months To Save Naira by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 01, 2021
BCISLTD:
After reading like a 100 comments I now that nigeria is doomed....very stupid people...not stopping to think.

The young suggestion is very brilliant.

Suspend all Dom accounts. Convert all their account balance value to naira using CBN rate. And inflows in dollars will be converted to naira using CBN rate...and if ur transferring outside the bank with just Convert and send.

As soon as CBN announces it...they will be a mad rush to sell.....and the price will come down....

This will give CBN full control of the naira
You’re very intelligent. I’ve been saying this. Ppl are saving money in dollars and wondering why dollars is always scarce. Stupid ppl. They keep talking about exports. Exports don’t grow a currency. Confidence is what grows a currency. You just earned a follow.
Re: Ibrahim Obanikoro To CBN: Close Domiciliary Accounts For 12 Months To Save Naira by BCISLTD: 3:23pm On Oct 06, 2021

You’re very intelligent. I’ve been saying this. Ppl are saving money in dollars and wondering why dollars is always scarce. Stupid ppl. They keep talking about exports. Exports don’t grow a currency. Confidence is what grows a currency. You just earned a follow.

Much respect..they is actually no need for dollar accounts
Re: Ibrahim Obanikoro To CBN: Close Domiciliary Accounts For 12 Months To Save Naira by xenten: 11:14pm On Oct 06, 2021
Many Expatriates working and residing in Nigeria are being paid with Dollars sourced from our CBN at CBN rates. This is also wrong. In Ghana, Togo etc, Expatriates are paid in their Local Currencies. CBN should also enforced that.
Re: Ibrahim Obanikoro To CBN: Close Domiciliary Accounts For 12 Months To Save Naira by adetayoonas(m): 4:19am On Nov 20, 2021
This idea is not good for the economy
Re: Ibrahim Obanikoro To CBN: Close Domiciliary Accounts For 12 Months To Save Naira by adetayoonas(m): 4:29am On Nov 20, 2021

Exports is the major factor that grows any economy. China, Germany and Japan is doing well today because of their numerous exports. Nigeria �� would have been worse than Zimbabwe if we don't have crude oil to export. A strong economy requires export to be greater than imports . Let's get our refineries working, govt should encourage local manufacturers to reduce imports.
Closing dollar accounts is not the solution. The lawmaker is not well informed.

Read the concept of balance of trade and balance of payments in international trade and finance, then u will know d great importance of exports to any nation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Obanikoro To CBN: Close Domiciliary Accounts For 12 Months To Save Naira by adetayoonas(m): 4:38am On Nov 20, 2021

Exactly. Dorm accounts is what is killing the naira. Crude oil price is rising yet naira is falling, and we can’t do the maths. It is madness to be saving in a foreign currency and expecting your currency to appreciate. Nobody is stopping you from buying foreign items even if you want to buy the whole world. At the point of purchase, your bank does the conversion and payment and debits you in naira. You don’t have any business with dollars.

Crude oil that the country exports only to import kerosene, diesel and petrol. Pls let's get our refineries working so we don't need to import.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Obanikoro To CBN: Close Domiciliary Accounts For 12 Months To Save Naira by Konquest: 6:31am On Nov 20, 2021
Seun:
The most idiotic thing I've read this year. Yet now that they are bold enough to say it out loud, it seems clear that they want to do it.
@Seun,
That's why Ibrahim Obanikoro
asked for "Your Opinion" at the
end of his post. His comment or
post wasn't meant to absolute. grin

All the best.
Re: Ibrahim Obanikoro To CBN: Close Domiciliary Accounts For 12 Months To Save Naira by Konquest: 6:46am On Nov 20, 2021
adetayoonas:

Exports is the major factor that grows any economy. China, Germany and Japan is doing well today because of their numerous exports. Nigeria would have been worse than Zimbabwe if we don't have crude oil to export. A strong economy requires export to be greater than imports . Let's get our refineries working, govt should encourage local manufacturers to reduce imports.
Closing dollar accounts is not the solution. The lawmaker is not well informed.

Read the concept of balance of trade and balance of payments in international trade and finance, then u will know d great importance of exports to any nation.

Well said!

Ibrahim only wanted to have
the "opinion" of the public on
the subject matter in his tweet.

He has to tweet with more clarity next time though because some readers do not pay attention to little detail. Lol
Re: Ibrahim Obanikoro To CBN: Close Domiciliary Accounts For 12 Months To Save Naira by dozies: 12:47pm On Oct 30, 2022
[Simply put; encourage internal production, discourage importation of whatever we can produce, encourage internal production and consumption. Whatever we cannot produce, import it but with controlled internal pricing. For instance, if you import a bag of rice, you can only sell it below the selling price of locally produce Rice. If you import a car, you can only sell it below the locally produced equivalent.
I can assure you, maintain this policy for four years, you will see massive reversal. Foreign manufacturers will rush to Nigeria if they believe that the market is here.
If all the agencies like customs can track with records who imports what and at what prize he is selling. If you don't make huge profits from importations, who will be chasing dollar for imports? Companies abroad will rather relocate to come manufacture those good here in country.
With good and focussed leaders Nigeria can be made great again with 200million potential consumers of goods and services. We are the gold mine of the capitalist world

All CBN need do to make the naira stronger is to reduce the circulation of the highest denomination of Naira(#1k) ....one of the best ways to strengthen a currency is making it scarce....all these noise about domicile transactions is needless.

We need young visionary leaders in all positions not these dull heads and charlatans parading themselves in position of power.

Your response to my suggestion clearly shows you didn't comprehend it....where did I suggest making naira scarce? Do you know that there is £1k (one thousand pounds) yet you can hardly get it for use or see it in circulation.....next time read to comprehend and not for replies and quote sakes....
Henceforth ill ignore your quoting me.
I won't dignify your toxic ignorance making you to reply with a subtle insult....clearly you lack comprehension towards my suggestion.

@SENIORWRITER [/quote]
Re: Ibrahim Obanikoro To CBN: Close Domiciliary Accounts For 12 Months To Save Naira by dozies: 12:54pm On Oct 30, 2022
maintain this policy for four years, you will see massive reversal. Foreign manufacturers will rush to Nigeria if they believe that the market is here this policy for four years, you will see massive reversal. Foreign manufacturers will rush to Nigeria if they believe that the market is here.
If all the agencies are doing their jobs, Customs for instance have records of who imports what and at what prcing he is selling it ( dat is control) . If there is no profit in importation who will buy dollar for imports?
Rather foreign manufacturers shall be attracted to come in here and start manufacturing. Dat way there will be job creation, induced currency value overtime, with time you may even have increased exportation.
These things can be done if we have a focussed leader.
Re: Ibrahim Obanikoro To CBN: Close Domiciliary Accounts For 12 Months To Save Naira by Abass07(m): 5:00am On Mar 08, 2023
dozies:
[Simply put; encourage internal production, discourage importation of whatever we can produce, encourage internal production and consumption. Whatever we cannot produce, import it but with controlled internal pricing. For instance, if you import a bag of rice, you can only sell it below the selling price of locally produce Rice. If you import a car, you can only sell it below the locally produced equivalent.
I can assure you, maintain this policy for four years, you will see massive reversal. Foreign manufacturers will rush to Nigeria if they believe that the market is here.
If all the agencies like customs can track with records who imports what and at what prize he is selling. If you don't make huge profits from importations, who will be chasing dollar for imports? Companies abroad will rather relocate to come manufacture those good here in country.
With good and focussed leaders Nigeria can be made great again with 200million potential consumers of goods and services. We are the gold mine of the capitalist world

All CBN need do to make the naira stronger is to reduce the circulation of the highest denomination of Naira(#1k) ....one of the best ways to strengthen a currency is making it scarce....all these noise about domicile transactions is needless.

We need young visionary leaders in all positions not these dull heads and charlatans parading themselves in position of power.

Your response to my suggestion clearly shows you didn't comprehend it....where did I suggest making naira scarce? Do you know that there is £1k (one thousand pounds) yet you can hardly get it for use or see it in circulation.....next time read to comprehend and not for replies and quote sakes....
Henceforth ill ignore your quoting me.
I won't dignify your toxic ignorance making you to reply with a subtle insult....clearly you lack comprehension towards my suggestion.

@SENIORWRITER
Naira is scarce now. What is the benefit?
Re: Ibrahim Obanikoro To CBN: Close Domiciliary Accounts For 12 Months To Save Naira by Nobody: 5:06am On Mar 08, 2023
As stupid as this dude sounds, he still sounds more intelligent than Emefiele.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Obanikoro To CBN: Close Domiciliary Accounts For 12 Months To Save Naira by Nobody: 5:08am On Mar 08, 2023
wink2015:
IS HE RELATED TO MR MUSILIU BABATUNDE OBANIKORO that served under the goodluck jonathan government?

His son. The family has been sharing from the national loot.

Thank God for Labour party!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obi Unveils Website For Donation, Campaign / Lagos State Government Fills Alli Street, Lagos Island With Granite (photos) / #LazyNigerianYouths: Debola Williams Mocks Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.