Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? (1139 Views)

Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God! / Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia / Clergyman Kneels Down To Beg FRSC Officials (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Ekejoestar(m): 6:26pm On Sep 29, 2021
I'm wondering do we really need to beg God for his protection and Blessings?

We are made to understand that he is our Father and the roles of a Father is protection and provision and guidance, our earthly father being as evil as he can be knows how to provide those things to their children without the child shouting at the top of his voice for it.

If our earthly father wouldn't stand by and watch harm come to us while they can be of help and stop such from happening without us begging him to , how much more of our heavenly Father,

Am starting to question things I've been thought since childhood and there seems to be a lot of contradictions here and there, Jesus said that men ought to pray always and not faint, pray to who? Our heavenly Father ofcourse!

I don't know of your father but my Dad has always been there for me even before I ask and the man never gave up on us even when we failed countlessly to live up to his expectations.

And that brings us to the concept of hell fire! For those of you that are mothers here, I want to believe that no matter what your child did you will never condemn him eternal suffering that is if you have the power, a mother would prefer to die for her child than allow him to be killed. So how could God who created and so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son to die will now come and condemn us to hell.

Am not doubting the existence of God but what if He is more than what the bible and Quran made us to believe.

The reason why am doubting the Bible we have now is because of the way that it's message has been watered down over the years by the Roman Catholic church during the dark ages, what if some of these doctrines where introduced into the bible later on during the Nicene council

Many questions on my heart seeking answers cos I really wanna know the True God,

2 Likes

Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Arewalegend: 6:31pm On Sep 29, 2021
God was never anyone father but the creator and originator... Ask and it shall be given, according to your faith it is done unto you
Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Ekejoestar(m): 6:43pm On Sep 29, 2021
Arewalegend:
God was never anyone father but the creator and originator... Ask and it shall be given, according to your faith it is done unto you

If he is not our father, then why would Christ begin his prayer with " Our Father"

2 Likes

Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Arewalegend: 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ekejoestar:

If he is not our father, then why would Christ begin his prayer with " Our Father"
please Go deep on the original text in Hebrew language and understand
Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Ekejoestar(m): 7:22pm On Sep 29, 2021
Arewalegend:

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the original Hebrew text.

1 Like

Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Kobojunkie: 7:25pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ekejoestar:
I'm wondering do we really need to beg God for his protection and Blessings?
No, we do not need to beg God to give us that which He promised us of His own. It is our own insecurities, along with the lies we are fed by Mogs and churches that cause us to believe God needs our promptibg before He will do what He already guaranteed He would do for us in the first place. undecided

When you realize the Truth of God,and you begin to rid yourself of all those lies and insecurities, you become well on your way to Knowing God apart from the lies of men. undecided

1 Like

Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Kobojunkie: 7:28pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ekejoestar:

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the original Hebrew text.
There is no Hebrew text to the New Testament and yes, though Jesus Christ we are called to become Sons of God and God is the Father to those who are His Sons. undecided
Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Ola17: 7:34pm On Sep 29, 2021
You asked a lot of pertinent and intelligent questions.

There’s no verifiable and repeatable evidence that prayer works. You’d have the same result praying to a mug of coffee and praying to your favorite God.

Religion is simply a tool; Very dangerous in the hands of wicked politicians and greedy pastors. To some other people, it is simply a cope-mechanism against existential crisis. That being said, the concept of hell and heaven is simply a joke taken too far, same way parents in the Western world use Santa and Fairies to get their kids to behave.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:45pm On Sep 29, 2021
God provided every for man free of charge in the beginning without him begging or praying for it. But then man disobeyed God and sinned, which led to his condemnation and the rest as they say, is history.

So the only thing man deserved from that point from God after that was death and destruction.

Anything else man gets from God other than that is as a result of God's mercy.

So God doesn't owe any man anything as you erroneously think, except those who keep His commandments.

Even in that case, it's as a result of God's mercy and grace that He decided to consider whatever they did, otherwise it would have been inconsequential, since they also deserved death because of the condemnation of sin which they inherited from Adam.

So know this and be cured.

God doesn't owe you anything!

You don't even sound like one of His children, because the children of God would know better than asking such rebellious questions.

The devil also has children just in case you don't know, so maybe God is not your Father after all as you think.

God bless.
Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Ekejoestar(m): 7:45pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ola17:
You asked a lot of pertinent and intelligent questions.

There’s no verifiable and repeatable evidence that prayer works. You’d have the same result praying to a mug of coffee and praying to your favorite God.

Religion is simply a tool; Very dangerous in the hands of wicked politicians and greedy pastors. To some other people, it is simply a cope-mechanism against existential crisis. That being said, the concept of hell and heaven is simply a joke taken too far, same way parents in the Western world use Santa and Fairies to get their kids to behave.

I believe that I understand what you mean but if I may add to it then I'll say that we should go for spirituality instead of religiousity.
Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Ekejoestar(m): 7:48pm On Sep 29, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
God provided every for man free of charge in the beginning without him begging or praying for it. But then man disobeyed God and sinned, which led to his condemnation and the rest as they say, is history.

So the only thing man deserved from that point from God after that was death and destruction.

Anything else man gets from God other than that is as a result of God's mercy.

So God doesn't owe any man anything as you erroneously think, except those who keep His commandments.

Even in that case, it's as a result of God's mercy and grace that He decided to consider whatever they did, otherwise it would have been inconsequential, since they also deserved death because of the condemnation of sin which they inherited from Adam.

So know this and be cured.

God doesn't owe you anything!

You don't even sound like one of His children, because the children of God would know better than asking such rebellious questions.

The devil also has children just in case you don't know, so maybe God is not your Father after all as you think.

God bless.

Are you for real?

It's clear that you don't know God beyond what you are taught in your church cos someone that have a personal relationship with The Father of Light won't talk the way you've talked.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:13pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ekejoestar:
I'm wondering do we really need to beg God for his protection and Blessings?...

No!

He clearly told us "If ye be willing AND OBEDIENT, ye shall eat the good of the land:But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it” (Isa. 1:19–20).

1 Like

Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:21pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ekejoestar:
...If our earthly father wouldn't stand by and watch harm come to us while they can be of help and stop such from happening without us begging him to , how much more of our heavenly Father,

Have you asked yourself if He is Truly your Father?

Do you behave and resemble Him?

When people see you do they say "surely this is God's son?

A true and legitimate son ALWAYS ALWAYS looks like his father and behaves exactly like him.

So the question is, is God your True Father? (And this is where you have a problem, because God knows the answer to this question even more than you!)
Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Ola17: 8:24pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ekejoestar:

I believe that I understand what you mean but if I may add to it then I'll say that we should go for spirituality instead of religiousity.

Whichever one that suits you, go for it. The reality of our existence scares even the most strong of heart. Most people need something to believe in in order to function.
Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Ekejoestar(m): 8:33pm On Sep 29, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Have you asked yourself if He is Truly your Father?

Do you behave and resemble Him?

When people see you do they say "surely this is God's son?

A true and legitimate son ALWAYS ALWAYS looks like his father and behaves exactly like him.

So the question is, is God your True Father? (And this is where you have a problem, because God knows the answer to this question even more than you!)

U are funny sir, a child will pee/ defecate and be silly and then you will come and say that the child is not behaving like his father that makes use of the toilet therefore the father is not truly his father! Does it make sense to you? The man who lived the longest years on earth hasn't existed upto a fraction of second in God's timeline of existence. We are all children before the Almighty

1 Like

Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Ola17: 8:34pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ekejoestar:

Are you for real?

It's clear that you don't know God beyond what you are taught in your church cos someone that have a personal relationship with The Father of Light won't talk the way you've talked.

This person and that ‘Righteousness’ guy’s modus operandi is the same; spread fear, gloom and dejection by peddling deception, conspiracy theories and outright lies in order to get people to behave in a predetermined manner.

They know we live in a physical world but they’d rather confuse and cower you into subjugation using demons and whatnots while they enjoy all the goodies our world has to offer. Don’t fall for their format.

1 Like

Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:37pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ekejoestar:
...And that brings us to the concept of hell fire! For those of you that are mothers here, I want to believe that no matter what your child did you will never condemn him eternal suffering that is if you have the power, a mother would prefer to die for her child than allow him to be killed

This is where you see the slight difference between your mother and God.

In your mother's case when you committed an offence she immediately or soon after PUNISHED YOU FOR YOUR SHIT

WHILE IN GOD'S CASE HE KEPT QUIET AND SILENT.

And in your mother's case you did even more AND YOU GOT PUNISHED FOR IT OR THEM.

WHILE GOD IS STILL SILENT!

in your mother's case she EVEN PUNISHED YOU FOR ABOUT TO COMMIT AN OFFENCE OR FOR NOT COMMITTING AN OFFENCE OR EVEN WRONGLY (WHAT YOU CALL "MISTAKENLY" EG FALSE ACCUSATION, PRESUMPTION OF GUILT ETC.

WHILE GOD STILL STAYS SILENT UNTIL ONE DAY, THE CRY OF ALL OF YOUR SINS COME UP TO HIM, LIKE SODOM AND GOMORRAH!

Now like your mother, you are gonna pay back EVERY COIN OF OFFENCE YOU HAVE EVER COMMITTED FOR YOU FORGET THAT EVERYTIME YOU COMMIT AN OFFENCE, SOMEONE IS CRYING FOR "JUST IS".

AND GOD MUST GIVE "JUST IS" TO EVERYONE, AS HE PROMISED.

REMEMBER, GOD OF "JUST IS"
Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Ekejoestar(m): 8:37pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ola17:

This person and that ‘Righteousness’ guy’s modus operandi is the same; spread fear, gloom and dejection by peddling deception, conspiracy theories and outright lies in order to get people to behave in a predetermined manner.

They know we live in a physical world but they’d rather confuse and cower you into subjugation using demons and whatnots while they enjoy all the goodies our world has to offer. Don’t fall for their format.

Am not against anyone here, but I'll rather that people have a personal relationship with their creator (for those that believe),than trying to use fear to get anyone to God. Let people come to Him out of Love

1 Like

Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ekejoestar:
1. Am starting to question things I've been thought since childhood and there seems to be a lot of contradictions here and there, Jesus said that men ought to pray always and not faint, pray to who? Our heavenly Father ofcourse!

2. I don't know of your father but my Dad has always been there for me even before I ask and the man never gave up on us even when we failed countlessly to live up to his expectations.

3. And that brings us to the concept of hell fire! For those of you that are mothers here, I want to believe that no matter what your child did you will never condemn him eternal suffering that is if you have the power, a mother would prefer to die for her child than allow him to be killed. So how could God who created and so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son to die will now come and condemn us to hell.
1. Jesus Christ said men ought to pray and not faint in fear and He is right. When our insecurities overwhelm us, what we ought to do is call on the Father to help us, not allow panic reduce us to doing that which may turn out against Him. undecided

2. You need to be sure that God is your father. Yes, He created all men but all men don't serve Him so He is not father to those who reject Him. He is Father to those who obey Him. undecided

3. Eternal damnation is a choice, made not by God but by men who chose to believe in God yet refusing to obey Him, in His own Kingdom. Every man is responsible for His own choices here in this life and these choices determine what awaits each in the afterlife. undecided

Those who outright refuse God, the unbelievers, perish in the grave , cease to exist when they die. undecided
Those who believe in God are awarded eternity which they are able to spend either in God's Heaven or in God's Hell - these are choices to be made by each man. And not necessarily imposed on anyone by God.. undecided
Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:56pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ekejoestar:

U are funny sir, a child will pee/ defecate and be silly and then you will come and say that the child is not behaving like his father that makes use of the toilet therefore the father is not truly his father! Does it make sense to you?

Has any child being disowned because he pees, defecates and behaves silly?

No! Not One.

Adultery and Cheating and Paternity Frauds (before DNA) are ALWAYS, ALWAYS proven by Natural Resemblance, Conduct and Behaviour.

And herein is where you appreciate The Law of God which states "A GOOD Tree can and will only bear GOOD Fruits, and an Evil Tree, shall birth evil fruits!

Yam must give birth to yam, snake must birth a snake, God must birth God and Satan must birth Satan.

So if you do not behave or resemble God, SURELY, GOD IS NOT YOUR FATHER.

Ekejoestar:

... We are all children before the Almighty

This is where you learn what the Bible said that there are Children of Disobedience and sons of the Adulteress"

And God is not the Father of children who disobey.

So examine yourself, would anyone call you a son of God?
Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Kobojunkie: 8:57pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ekejoestar:
The reason why am doubting the Bible we have now is because of the way that it's message has been watered down over the years by the Roman Catholic church during the dark ages, what if some of these doctrines where introduced into the bible later on during the Nicene council

Many questions on my heart seeking answers cos I really wanna know the True God,
Unless you believe God to be a Celestial case of personality disorder, you will know to keep the God of the Quran away from the God of the Bible people. undecided

The Roman Catholics, who you accuse of possibly watering down the contents of scripture, do not even adhere to that which is written in Scripture, let alone the Bible which they helped compile. You read through the ideas that came out of Nicene, and then consider them against that which is in fact written in the Bible books, you will find that it is as though only seemed to have impacted doctrines taught by men but not what is written in scripture itself. undecided

If you truly want to know the God of the Bible people, clear your mind of all previously believed lies and reqs the book as you would any other book to learn of the God you want to believe in. undecided
Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Ola17: 9:08pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ekejoestar:

Am not against anyone here, but I'll rather that people have a personal relationship with their creator (for those that believe),than trying to use fear to get anyone to God. Let people come to Him out of Love

With time, you will get to discover that there’s no creator anywhere that’s interested in having any relationship with anyone. It’s all a bogus or wishful thinking.

Painful? Yes! smiley
Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ekejoestar:
...The reason why am doubting the Bible we have now is because of the way that it's message has been watered down over the years by the Roman Catholic church during the dark ages, what if some of these doctrines where introduced into the bible later on during the Nicene council

And hey, sorry that you were Catholic for they were the Former Feild Marshals of Lying and Deceit and Brainwashing and Oppression and Threats and Sweet Sounding Promises.

Cunning Satanist who made you think that you were worshiping God whereas you were doing another thing.

Yeah I attended masses and did many of those things too but thanks to my Grandma, who was Methodist when I loved reading the Bible immediately I started to read so it gave me eyes to see.

So I know how blind you are.
Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:12pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ola17:

With time, you will get to discover that there’s no creator anywhere that’s interested in having any relationship with anyone. It’s all a bogus or wishful thinking.

Painful? Yes! smiley

grin glad to burst your bubble, no creation can ever ever survive without its Creator exactly as iPhone or Toyota can not live long without you!

So you are talking absolute rubbish.
Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Ola17: 9:28pm On Sep 29, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin glad to burst your bubble, no creation can ever ever survive without its Creator exactly as iPhone or Toyota can not live long without you!

So you are talking absolute rubbish.

Chief following this your logic, is it also safe to say that God can’t exist without its creator?

I know you will say God is the exception. No?

1 Like

Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:30pm On Sep 29, 2021
Arewalegend:

Isn't a Creator Always a Father?

Is Mr. Toyota and Steve Jobs not the father of the Camry and iPhone?

You obviously did not know that "Father" is not restricted to progeny and sireing.

1 Like

Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:38pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ola17:

Chief following this your logic, is it also safe to say that God can’t exist without its creator?

I know you will say God is the exception. No?

I did not say anything about can’t exist without its creator" YOU DID.

I clearly said "no CREATION can ever ever survive without its Creator".

Emphasis "CREATION"

And without any reasonable doubt, we are clearly "Creations"

AND THE ISSUE ON GROUND IS THAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT US AND THIS HOUSE CALLED, WORLD.

SO GOOD REASON WILL TELL YOU TO STICK TO THE ISSUE AND DEPART NOT FROM IT.
Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:47pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ola17:
... You’d have the same result praying to a mug of coffee and praying to your favorite God.

This is as a result of the Goodness of God in that He has left a minimum System kept in place for your survival.

And all creations are enjoying that Goodness and Grace because God is Good and not like men who are all like me, who shall definitely and immediately, without delay, Starve out and Suffocate my creations when I am angry with them or hate them.

But God is not like that, He is indeed Good giving both the good and the bad creations minimum sustenance.

And this is where His Legitimate Children have it better than everyone else, they enjoy the abundance of His Goodness, eating and drinking the very best things in Life.

That is the difference and the disparity.
Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Ola17: 9:52pm On Sep 29, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I did not say anything about can’t exist without its creator" YOU DID.

I clearly said "no CREATION can ever ever survive without its Creator".

Emphasis "CREATION"

AND THE ISSUE ON GROUND IS THAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT US AND THIS HOUSE CALLED, WORLD.

SO GOOD REASON WILL TELL YOU TO STICK TO THE ISSUE AND DEPART NOT FROM IT.

Chief if not that I know the antecedents of your ilk, I’d say this is a poor attempt at bait-and-switch.

Can you empirically prove this to be true?
Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:57pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ekejoestar:

Are you for real?

Thank God you said "Father of Light", so the question is, are you the son of The Father of Light or are you, "Ye are of your father the devil, and the LUSTS of your father ye will do"

Doth thou Lust and murdereth and fornicated and adulteryated and stealth and Lieth and many many things which the Satan doeth?

Examine Yourself Truly!
Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:59pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ola17:

Can you empirically prove this to be true?

IN TRUTH, do you claim and can you claim that you manufactured and produced yourself?

Ever SEEN anything in this world which produced or manufactured or created itself, by itself, IN TRUTH?

Is it not SEEN that in this world, Things are Produced and manufactured and created by Another Intelligent and Living being?

IF THOU SHALT SPEAK THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH AND ALL THAT IS TRUE!
Re: Do We Really Need To Beg/pray To God For His Protection And Blessings? by Ola17: 10:05pm On Sep 29, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

This is as a result of the Goodness of God in that He has left a minimum System kept in place for your survival.

And all creations are enjoying that Goodness and Grace because God is Good and not like men who are all like me, who shall definitely and immediately, without delay, Starve out and Suffocate my creations when I am angry with them or hate them.

But God is not like that, He is indeed Good giving both the good and the bad creations minimum sustenance.

And this is where His Legitimate Children have it better than everyone else, they enjoy the abundance of His Goodness, eating and drinking the very best things in Life.

That is the difference and the disparity.

The God you peddle is actually a lot like you. Remind me again why your God burnt Sodom and Gomorrah, drowned all living things(men, women, children and animals cry bogus story by the way) during the time of Noah? The Old Testament is replete with stories of god’s vindictive nature.

Apart from your religious leaders, an overwhelming majority of believers in Nigeria are getting the short end of the stick in terms of enjoying the good things of life. Isn’t your reward in heaven again?

Lol.

(1) (2) (Reply)

'did Jesus Sing And Dance', Muslim Cleric Mock Christians / What Did The Blood Of Jesus Christ Do? / What Is The Permissive Will Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.