Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) (31280 Views)

A Visit To Ebonyi International Market Built By Governor Umahi / New Market Owerri Is On Fire (Photos) / ADEGBORO: Oyingbo To Oja-oba. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by OmoManU: 8:56pm On Sep 29, 2021
Totilopussylick:
where's Offa located?

Headquarter of banks robbers?

Stupid slowpoke

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by gboyetade: 8:56pm On Sep 29, 2021
I used to frequent there during my undergraduate days. Close to where I stay at Adewole
Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by ednut1(m): 8:59pm On Sep 29, 2021
I miss this city. Those days i dey buy meat 300 naira mostly sold by women grin

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Whobedatte(m): 9:00pm On Sep 29, 2021
debbydams:
wow , no wonder, but oja tuntun is bigger than oja ova tho
Bigger in size
Smaller in volume
Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 29, 2021
Totilopussylick:
Am sure they also deal in human parts business in the market undecided
If they do ,they only copy your grandfather Otokoto

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by debbydams(f): 9:05pm On Sep 29, 2021
Whobedatte:

Bigger in size
Smaller in volume
nope.if u are chanced, take a walk around the market u will understand what I'm saying.
Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Decency2020(f): 9:05pm On Sep 29, 2021
The only thing I find beautiful there is the sky. Others are nauseating
Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Whobedatte(m): 9:16pm On Sep 29, 2021
[quote author=debbydams post=106292701] nope.if u are chanced, take a walk around the market u will understand what I'm saying.
That's why I said bigger in size
In volume (fmcg) it's oja oba
Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Bfss: 9:18pm On Sep 29, 2021
Ok
Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by nnekaike(f): 9:19pm On Sep 29, 2021
I miss Ilorin so much,days of Oja oba,oja tuntun.
Illorin is by far one of the most affordable places to live.

2 Likes

Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by techWriter3: 9:20pm On Sep 29, 2021
Kwara state is regarded as the State Of Harmony, it's a peaceful and happy to residing state.
Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by debbydams(f): 9:20pm On Sep 29, 2021
[quote author=Whobedatte post=106293013][/quote] heard you
Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Safemoon: 9:26pm On Sep 29, 2021
Upon say na New market the whole roofs don brown this people with brown roof sef.tufiakwa.
Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by seyz91(m): 9:28pm On Sep 29, 2021
cheesy
visijo:
Double dating is a Rehearsal to Adultery in marriage,
If you can't stop it when single,
You cant stop it when married�
Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Sunzee: 9:28pm On Sep 29, 2021
Hishhh
Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Bimpe29: 9:51pm On Sep 29, 2021
Totilopussylick:
You're actually in wrong place for your trade.
Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Corporate2020: 10:04pm On Sep 29, 2021
Totilopussylick:

Very true. That's where your brain was sold.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Sunzee: 10:26pm On Sep 29, 2021
Totilopussylick:
. Oloriburuku
Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by divalishis: 10:45pm On Sep 29, 2021
Is this just the surroundings of the market? Because back in the day (in the nineties), the main Oja Tuntun market was fenced. Though, people also set up wares around the market and had shops outside the market. But Oja Tuntun was fenced with rows of numbered shops.

In fact, by 5 or 6 o clock pm, people have to start hurrying out of the market gate because it would be locked.

I also remember the night a fire broke out inside the market; My grandma hurried down there with me (because of her shop) but the guards stopped the crowd from gaining access inside the market. The next day, the fire was found out to have started from the stall of those making soda soap (they forgot palm oil on the fire), and it spread to a few other shops.

I miss those days, somehow. I can barely recognize the market from these pictures. I last went there I think 97-98.
Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by divalishis: 10:47pm On Sep 29, 2021
Safemoon:
Upon say na New market the whole roofs don brown this people with brown roof sef.tufiakwa.

It is not a new market, that is just the name. My grandma had a stall there; I think from the late 80s.
Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Revelation4(m): 11:35pm On Sep 29, 2021
Mandesz:
I think ilorin is cheaper to live in than some state capitals around her, such as, lokoja, ado ekiti, osun, and doubtedly Ibadan.

I'm still saying it, I'll take salary of #60k in ilorin than a salary of #100k in Lagos.
Things are now costly in Ilorin (and everywhere in naija) but it's still a good place to stay.
I will take it too. Without thinking twice

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by cardoctor(m): 12:32am On Sep 30, 2021
New or old. All the same.
Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:46am On Sep 30, 2021
Prosperous111:
This is just a testing of camera nah angry
Which phone is he using?
His CAMERA is more expensive than the entire market

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by mykelly(m): 12:46am On Sep 30, 2021
I was a frequent caller at this same market back in my Unilorin days
Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by gentleguy1975: 2:13am On Sep 30, 2021
candidbabe:
@kwara connect is this the same as oja oba market?

B/c I have been to oja oba severally.
no,okay oba is a different market entirely but not too far away,just a 20minutes trek
Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Sparklinglyte(m): 6:41am On Sep 30, 2021
If you believe Nigeria will be great again gather here
Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by DSC7: 8:10am On Sep 30, 2021
kwaraconnect:
Kwara state is known as the State Of Harmony, it's a peaceful and happy to live state.

My only concern is how you took these pictures.....

By air?

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by kwaraconnect: 8:19am On Sep 30, 2021
The pictures were taken while on motion

DSC7:

My only concern is how you took these pictures.....

By air?
Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by kwaraconnect: 8:20am On Sep 30, 2021
Lol.. it's just a normal mobile phone!

Visit https://kwaraconnect.com/discoverkwara/ for more contents about Kwara .

MALIGNANTGuest:

Which phone is he using?
His CAMERA is more expensive than the entire market
Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by kwaraconnect: 8:23am On Sep 30, 2021
Definitely, Kwara is a cool state to reside in. The cost of living here is moderate , despite the country's economic situation ..

You can do fine, with just little.

I guess that's why we\'re experiencing massive flooding in the state, from all over the country. Kwara , expecially Ilorin is no more the population you use to know it with.... The city is now looking expanded with people on a daily basis!

Visit https://kwaraconnect.com/discoverkwara/ for more contents about Kwara .

Revelation4:
I will take it too. Without thinking twice
Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by DSC7: 8:34am On Sep 30, 2021
kwaraconnect:
The pictures were taken while on motion

From this view it's obvious you didn't take the pics on ground.....

I know almost every seller in the pictures.... cheesy

Re: A Visit To Oja Tuntun (New Market) In Ilorin, Kwara State (Pictures) by Idrisk19(m): 9:40am On Sep 30, 2021
Oja-tuntun,very close to my house. @OP I'm waiting for Oja-oba market too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Nigeria Will Benefit From Currency Swap Deal With China / CBN Appoints Ahmad And Abiru As Skye Bank's Chairman, CEO / EFCC Arrests Uche Ogah In Lagos Court Premises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.