Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

What Breed Of Dog Should I Get - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / What Breed Of Dog Should I Get (776 Views)

What Breed Of Dog Is This Dog? (Photos) / Which Breed Of Dog Should I Buy? / Rapid Response Squad Dog: What Breed Of Dog Is This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Breed Of Dog Should I Get by Chuky7(m): 12:57am On Sep 30, 2021
Please help me out I am not familiar to kinds of dogs that is there names and how they look.

Can anyone tell me what kind I should get and why.
Re: What Breed Of Dog Should I Get by TarOrfeeek: 1:07am On Sep 30, 2021
FFK

He eats anything.
grin

1 Like

Re: What Breed Of Dog Should I Get by CandyOps(m): 1:32am On Sep 30, 2021
Hmmm! Where do I even start.....

Okay, a dog just completes a family. Especially if you're single or have a family already.

If you're sad your dog makes you happy because it must get excited when you come around. And you must feed it whether you're in a good mood or not.

Get a small dog if you don't have space. Or a big dog if you need a security pet. Or live in an isolated place. Big dog needs bigger food. Dogs need a lot of care and observation. Just like having a kid. I remember carrying my dog on my back to cross the road after it got tired from trekking. It's a Caucasian very lazy bred

If you want a small dog think of Samoyeds. They are pretty little things. Walking a Samoyed down the street can only be compared to talking a walk on a magical street... Because everyone will be attracted to you. Even policemen and agberos go de give you loving stares and compliments.

Buy a big dog like a German shepherd or pitbull breed or boerbel if you need to make a statement about privacy. I got my first ever dog after our home was burgled. Since then I can leave my home w/o even locking my inner doors.

At a time we had 15 dogs in the compound.
Them no born you well to enter the compound..

And Sha know that you will always have to feed it. It's like having a kid... You go just dey out with friends that kind 7.30 or 8pm then you will suddenly remember you have a dog at home! Your heart will skip a beat. That's why it's good to have a dog that socializes to an extent so friendlies can get close to it esp when you're not available.

Also understand that every animals including man have a natural distinctive scent. Dogs have a musky scent and you might need to Create it's space or cage other of the house most times.

Then don't forget that Google is your friend whenever you have any issue with your dog.

Lastly, know that people react differently to dogs so Not everyone in the family will like the dog. Some may be scared of it thou.

And you will have to put in a lot of alone time with the dog to train it. Nothing is as annoying as having an uncontrollable pet with anger issues.

Okay if you ever think of buying one of these loveable furry canines I'll recommend Iyo Dogs on ==> 07035240779 or search for him on Google.

4 Likes

Re: What Breed Of Dog Should I Get by Chuky7(m): 2:44pm On Sep 30, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: What Breed Of Dog Should I Get by Chuky7(m): 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2021
CandyOps:

Okay, a dog just completes a family. Especially if you're single or have a family already.

If you're sad your dog makes you happy because it must get excited when you come around. And you must feed it whether you're in a good mood or not.

Get a small dog if you don't have space. Or a big dog if you need a security pet. Or live in an isolated place. Big dog needs bigger food. Dogs need a lot of care and observation. Just like having a kid. I remember carrying my dog on my back to cross the road after it got tired from trekking. It's a Caucasian very lazy bred

If you want a small dog think of Samoyeds. They are pretty little things. Walking a Samoyed down the street can only be compared to talking a walk on a magical street... Because everyone will be attracted to you. Even policemen and agberos go de give you loving stares and compliments.

Buy a big dog like a German shepherd or pitbull breed or boerbel if you need to make a statement about privacy. I got my first ever dog after our home was burgled. Since then I can leave my home w/o even locking my inner doors.

And Sha know that you will always have to feed it. It's like having a kid... You go just dey out with friends that kind 7.30 or 8pm then you will suddenly remember you have a dog at home! Your heart will skip a beat. That's why it's good to have a dog that socializes to an extent so friendlies can get close to it esp when you're not available.

Also understand that every animals including man have a natural distinctive scent. Dogs have a musky scent and you might need to Create it's space or cage other of the house most times.

Then don't forget that Google is your friend whenever you have any issue with your dog.

Lastly, know that people react differently to dogs so Not everyone in the family will like the dog. Some may be scared of it thou.

And you will have to put in a lot of alone time with the dog to train it. Nothing is as annoying as having an uncontrollable pet with anger issues.

Okay if you ever think of buying one of these loveable furry canines I'll recommend Iyo Dogs on ==> 07035240779 or search for him on Google.

wow thanks a lot bro
Re: What Breed Of Dog Should I Get by RYEOFARMS(m): 3:01pm On Sep 30, 2021
First thing you should ask yourself is “why do you want a dog?!” This will definitely lead you onto the next question “what is your budget like?!” And then again “can you handle a dog with a high work drive?!” Or you prefer friendly/parlor dogs?!
There’s a lot to consider when getting a dog but if you succeed in answering those questions above we @ R.A.W can guide you (consultation is totally free)
There are different types of dogs bred for different purposes so you have to be specific in choosing

Because you can’t buy an Eskimo and expect it to guard your home undecided
And you can’t buy a Caucasian and expect it to welcome strangers into the house
Re: What Breed Of Dog Should I Get by ChristoBam: 11:54pm On Oct 01, 2021
Chuky7:
Please help me out I am not familiar to kinds of dogs that is there names and how they look.

Can anyone tell me what kind I should get and why.

Don't buy a Caucasian, Rott or Boerbel cuz you're new to dogs. If you want a big security dog, you can start with a German Shepherd.
Re: What Breed Of Dog Should I Get by Chuky7(m): 9:33am On Oct 02, 2021
ChristoBam:

Don't buy a Caucasian, Rott or Boerbel cuz you're new to dogs. If you want a big security dog, you can start with a German Shepherd.

Yes about the security...is it true that if you buy a big dog for security purpose you can't tame it in a short while in cases of I just got robbed and need urgent security.
someone told me it may end up hurting me. I told him it's a lie

1 Like

Re: What Breed Of Dog Should I Get by Chuky7(m): 9:33am On Oct 02, 2021
CandyOps:

Yes about the security...is it true that if you buy a big dog for security purpose you can't tame it in a short while in cases of I just got robbed and need urgent security.
Re: What Breed Of Dog Should I Get by Chuky7(m): 9:34am On Oct 02, 2021
RYEOFARMS:
First thing you should ask yourself is “why do you want a dog?!” This will definitely lead you onto the next question “what is your budget like?!” And then again “can you handle a dog with a high work drive?!” Or you prefer friendly/parlor dogs?!
There’s a lot to consider when getting a dog but if you succeed in answering those questions above we @ R.A.W can guide you (consultation is totally free)
There are different types of dogs bred for different purposes so you have to be specific in choosing

Because you can’t buy an Eskimo and expect it to guard your home undecided
And you can’t buy a Caucasian and expect it to welcome strangers into the house

Re: What Breed Of Dog Should I Get by ChristoBam: 10:29am On Oct 02, 2021
Chuky7:

Reason I told you to get a GSD. If you are a bit experienced with dogs, you can tame any breed really well.

Get a GSD, you'll be able to control it 100% even as you're inexperienced with dogs.
Re: What Breed Of Dog Should I Get by Chuky7(m): 11:30am On Oct 02, 2021
ChristoBam:

Reason I told you to get a GSD. If you are a bit experienced with dogs, you can tame any breed really well.

Get a GSD, you'll be able to control it 100% even as you're inexperienced with dogs.

so you saying his right?

and by GSD you mean German Shepherd right?
Re: What Breed Of Dog Should I Get by RYEOFARMS(m): 11:40am On Oct 02, 2021
Chuky7:

About that it’s not really advisable as a first timer to get an adult dog, because it’s much more easier for you to forge a bond with a puppy than you would with an adult dog.
Secondly security dogs are often trained/brought up to ward off strangers (in which case you are one except you must’ve been introduced to the dog in question at some point and it has accepted/acknowledged your presence as being friendly otherwise you might find it difficult as a first timer to tame an adult dog)
Re: What Breed Of Dog Should I Get by Chuky7(m): 12:00pm On Oct 02, 2021
RYEOFARMS:

About that it’s not really advisable as a first timer to get an adult dog, because it’s much more easier for you to forge a bond with a puppy than you would with an adult dog.
Secondly security dogs are often trained/brought up to ward off strangers (in which case you are one except you must’ve been introduced to the dog in question at some point and it has accepted/acknowledged your presence as being friendly otherwise you might find it difficult as a first timer to tame an adult dog)

Okay. nice.

Okay so how do big companies that want to keep security in check do it? a case where they is a new security guard every month how do they do it?
Re: What Breed Of Dog Should I Get by RYEOFARMS(m): 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2021
Chuky7:

Okay. nice.

Okay so how do big companies that want to keep security in check do it? a case where they is a new security guard every month how do they do it?
Well I’m not sure but if you ask me, it might depend on the breed of dogs and how they were trained
Secondly in such cases it’s advisable to employ a professional handler that knows about Dogs
And besides I don’t think it’s everyone that’ll have access to the dog and it would take time, the individual will be introduced to the dog gradually until it accepts the individual, it can’t happen spontaneously.

And then again some dogs are very well trained that they can stay calm till they detect danger (they say dogs can read your intentions/emotions). I’ve come across German shepherds who are so aggressive in defending their homes against intruders but outside of their territory they stay calm,even walk off leash amongst people but you can’t try that with a Caucasian or a Rottweiler (they tend to be much more aggressive/protective of their personal space and owners). In cases like that a good German shepherd is your best and safest bet.
Re: What Breed Of Dog Should I Get by ChristoBam: 3:54pm On Oct 02, 2021
Chuky7:

so you saying his right?

and by GSD you mean German Shepherd right?

I didn't know you meant adult dog.. Don't try it bro. Think about your family members too.

Buy the dog from puppy stage.

Even experienced breeders have problems with dogs gotten at adult stage.

1 Like

Re: What Breed Of Dog Should I Get by Chuky7(m): 6:03pm On Oct 02, 2021
ChristoBam:

I didn't know you meant adult dog.. Don't try it bro. Think about your family members too.

Buy the dog from puppy stage.

Even experienced breeders have problems with dogs gotten at adult stage.

ohh wow okay then

But do you know how big companies do it. like buy a big security dog and a case where they change security guard from time to time ?
Re: What Breed Of Dog Should I Get by ChristoBam: 7:03pm On Oct 02, 2021
Chuky7:

ohh wow okay then

But do you know how big companies do it. like buy a big security dog and a case where they change security guard from time to time ?
Those ones are trained dogs. You can get one of those sha. And it still comes with risks. The relationship the guards have with the dog is not the type you'd have with the dog if you got it.

1 Like

Re: What Breed Of Dog Should I Get by CandyOps(m): 9:36am On Oct 03, 2021
Chuky7:

If the dog is trainned already and you feed it yourself for a couple of days it should be comfortable having you around.
Re: What Breed Of Dog Should I Get by Chuky7(m): 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2021
ChristoBam:

Those ones are trained dogs. You can get one of those sha. And it still comes with risks. The relationship the guards have with the dog is not the type you'd have with the dog if you got it.

alright
Re: What Breed Of Dog Should I Get by Chuky7(m): 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2021
CandyOps:

If the dog is trainned already and you feed it yourself for a couple of days it should be comfortable having you around.

alright

(1) (Reply)

Solid Both Sex Husky Puppies Available / Imported Pedigree Brindled Female Bull Mastiff / Samoyed Puppies/adult For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.