Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Brazil - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Brazil (1436 Views)

Huge Anaconda Crossing A Road In Brazil, Stopped Traffic (Photos, Video) / Ship Carrying Over 2000 Cars Bound For Brazil Sinks / My Mom Booked A Brazil Ticket For A July 30 Flight But Brazil Has Not Given Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brazil by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 30, 2021
Re: Brazil by Freestainworld(m): 1:03pm On Sep 30, 2021
Nice update bro, because of your write ups I have been able to learn a lot about brazil, before now, I use to hear alot of negative things about that country, kudos to you, and remain blessed, how can we talk privately?

1 Like

Re: Brazil by care4you: 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2021
wow nice of you...... though the bateria sounds like bacteria....

just imagine someone asking me " hey mahn! do you have bateria?"....

.and I will be like "no but I germs in small quantities"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brazil by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2021
Freestainworld:
Nice update bro, because of your write ups I have been able to learn a lot about brazil, before now, I use to hear alot of negative things about that country, kudos to you, and remain blessed, how can we talk privately?

Yea sure and thanks alot for the encouragement

1 Like

Re: Brazil by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 30, 2021
care4you:
wow nice of you...... though the bateria sounds like bacteria....

just imagine someone asking me " hey mahn! do you have bateria?"....

.and I will be like "no but I germs in small quantities"

Lol yea, it is pronounced this way. Ba-te-ria
Re: Brazil by Limassol(m): 1:17pm On Sep 30, 2021
Include pictures na. Atleast let's see how the typical brazilian shops\market looks like.
Re: Brazil by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 30, 2021
Limassol:
Include pictures na. Atleast let's see how the typical brazilian shops\market looks like.

Lol let me check, I need to reduce the size of the pixs, I posted a video check it out
Re: Brazil by All4good: 1:41pm On Sep 30, 2021
That's the Spirit Bro
Keep it up

1 Like

Re: Brazil by Freestainworld(m): 1:58pm On Sep 30, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

Yea sure and thanks alot for the encouragement
send me your email address, mine is freestainworld@gmail.com incase I write you
Re: Brazil by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 30, 2021
All4good:
That's the Spirit Bro
Keep it up

Thanks
Re: Brazil by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 30, 2021
Freestainworld:
incase I write you

Pm me please
Re: Brazil by Freestainworld(m): 2:08pm On Sep 30, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

Pm me please
just sent you a mail request now, didn't want to ask for your WhatsApp number here for security reasons, I hope it's fine by you too.
Re: Brazil by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 30, 2021
Freestainworld:
just sent you a mail request now, didn't want to ask for your WhatsApp number here for security reasons, I hope it's fine by you too.

Yes pm is ok
Re: Brazil by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2021
Fiera modas is one of the biggest whole market in Brasilia Brazil

Re: Brazil by Teslason(m): 4:22pm On Sep 30, 2021
Did you start the business in Sao Paulo?
Re: Brazil by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 30, 2021
Teslason:
Did you start the business in Sao Paulo?

No Brasilia
Re: Brazil by Teslason(m): 5:23pm On Sep 30, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

No Brasilia
You still live in Brasilia?
Re: Brazil by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 30, 2021
Teslason:

You still live in Brasilia?

Yes, atleast for now, lol
Re: Brazil by Teslason(m): 5:39pm On Sep 30, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

Yes
Around how much did you save up before travelling?
Re: Brazil by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 30, 2021
Teslason:

Around how much did you save up before travelling?

States closer to me I use around 500reais but my travel to rio and bahia would be more, I would be going to those states soon and then to parana
Re: Brazil by Teslason(m): 5:44pm On Sep 30, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

States closer to me I use around 500reais but my travel to rio and bahia would be more, I would be going to those states soon and then to parana
I mean from Nigeria to Brazil
Re: Brazil by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 30, 2021
Teslason:

I mean from Nigeria to Brazil

Oh $5k and I used part of it for ticket which was $1200 then

1 Like

Re: Brazil by Teslason(m): 7:44pm On Sep 30, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

Oh $5k and I used part of it for ticket which was $1200 then
That's quite affordable.
Good idea to travel to Brazil.
Can you mention any Brazilian own forum or group.... It will be cool to chat with a Brazilian...
Re: Brazil by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 30, 2021
Teslason:

That's quite affordable.
Good idea to travel to Brazil.
Can you mention any Brazilian own forum or group.... It will be cool to chat with a Brazilian...

Yes you can come with your card and you can always withdraw, I would post about it soon and I don't know of any Brazilian forum,people mostly use Facebook or dating sites or Instagram
Re: Brazil by Teslason(m): 9:08pm On Sep 30, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

Yes you can come with your card and you can always withdraw, I would post about it soon and I don't know of any Brazilian forum,people mostly use Facebook or dating sites or Instagram
Cool!
Do I have to convert my naira in my bank to raeis before traveling with my card?
Re: Brazil by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 30, 2021
Teslason:

Cool!
Do I have to convert my naira in my bank to raeis before traveling with my card?

You don't need to do that you have to travel with dollars, euros or pounds, you can use your card to withdraw from Brazil, I mean the naira you have in your account
Re: Brazil by Teslason(m): 10:04pm On Sep 30, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

You don't need to do that you have to travel with dollars, euros or pounds, you can use your card to withdraw from Brazil, I mean the naira you have in your account
That's weird!
So the ATM will withdraw raeis using the exchange rate to naira?
Re: Brazil by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 30, 2021
Teslason:

That's weird!
So the ATM will withdraw raeis using the exchange rate to naira?

Yea

1 Like

Re: Brazil by Originalsly: 11:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
Was watching the video and wondering your location.... not much foot traffic... but then later found out Brasilia. Is that the area you have your business? I guess it's good for you ... very little or no competition since almost all others are into haberdashery. What about footwear?.. are they made in Brazil?... or now mostly China? Brazil used to make very good footwear... soft but very strong leather. Was looking at the clothing..... not too much variety to me.... but the fact that there is no empty space means business is good.. Is the "warehouse/market" private property?
Re: Brazil by Nobody: 12:58am On Oct 01, 2021
Originalsly:
Was watching the video and wondering your location.... not much foot traffic... but then later found out Brasilia. Is that the area you have your business? I guess it's good for you ... very little or no competition since almost all others are into haberdashery. What about footwear?.. are they made in Brazil?... or now mostly China? Brazil used to make very good footwear... soft but very strong leather. Was looking at the clothing..... not too much variety to me.... but the fact that there is no empty space means business is good.. Is the "warehouse/market" private property?

I think the reason why there is no foot traffic is because of the pandemic, I was there before the pandemic and the crowd was massive

Where I sell is not located around that place where I shot the video, that area is for those that can pay alot of money,lol, rent could be as high as 5-8k per month, I sell close to where I live because it is cheaper

Yes they sell footwears also

We have some products that are made in Brazil, but Chinese products are everywhere and Brazilian buy them in lol, hey everyone buys Chinese products , this was my major Culture shock when I arrived in brazil,lol, I wrote about it, I saw Chinese products everywhere

Yes we call it fiera here I think this particular whole sale market is privately owned but we have some that is owned by the government and they give out shops at a very low rate, I can't remember the procedures

1 Like

Re: Brazil by Useku(m): 7:19am On Oct 01, 2021
walkbrazil4k:
When I got to Brazil, I wanted to sell online so I would have the time to travel around Brazil and vlog because I am in the hospitality business, But I saw someone that wanted to sell his goods and he wanted to leave the spot where he was selling from and he told me about it and this was 1 month after I arrived in Brazil, the guy wanted to leave brazil.

I have always wanted to get a shop but I just hate sitting in one spot, lol, I love the delivery business because I can travel and get to know different places, I got to know a lot of places because I deliver to Brazilians, I sell TV box and most times I even have to fix it for the client to make sure everything is working fine before I leave, because in Brazil they love delivery, if you add delivery to your business you would go far, even if you want me to deliver 1 power bank I will, we always charge the client for delivery.

I bought the goods from the guy and also bought the spot where I pay the shop owner a monthly fee, but the only issue was that it is a space in front of the shop not inside, lol.

I came to Brazil with enough and I was not lacking anything when I arrived in Brazil, so at first, I was saying to myself, shey big boy like me go come day sell in front of shop, lol. But I had no choice the location was strategic and the guy told me how much he makes daily, in naira he makes 30-35k daily, and on a good day he makes above 50k naira in a day and if that day is not good he might make like 20k naira or even 10k, I was like this is destiny, you can't run away from it, I have always wanted to sell in one spot but I had no time.

So I stayed there and started selling just like that, I didn't plan it, I had zero knowledge of the language, lol, I had zero knowledge of selling in one spot, online business is totally different, I even lost a lot, most times clients would ask me about some stuff that I have and I would say I don't because in português 2 words can mean one thing.eg battery can be called bateria and pilha, so you understand what I mean now.

As I started selling I loved it, I was proud of my job, I also started learning how to fix wrist watches, I have never done it before in my life, most of the watches that I sell I change the batteries myself and some are more complicated you need the right tools but I still do it, there are some that I have to take back to the company to change because if I do it myself I lose the warranty.

One time I got a message from a client he wanted to buy 30 pieces of watches and I did not have up to 30, I called my supplier got the watches and gave the client and I made money without stressing, the client came to the spot where I sell, he waited for me and I rushed down to my supplier and got the goods, so having a spot gives your clients rest of mind.

Starting that small business made me grow, I was able to register my business and pay tax, I was able to collect a license that allows me to stay in front of the shop, I was able to start buying from a major wristwatch and electronics company in brazil because I love to sell originals it gives me peace of mind, it has a 1year warranty, lol. I also get discounts.

So now I have been able to get a small shop and I left that spot for my brother and he makes money daily, you know the location of your business matters a lot, I was able to build my online business very well because I had a place where clients could see me face to face and buy from me, I have a website where I sell and people around me would just come down to where I sell and buy and E-commerce business in Brazil is great, the trick is getting the right supplier and then give discounts, people shop with the credit cards in Brazil because it enables you to split the payment and pay 6x or 12x,6x in 6months, if what you are buying is 60 reais, you pay 10 reais monthly, it makes your life easy.

So that is why I said if you are humble and you remove any form of shyness, you would go far, I just had to adapt, in brazil, most foreigners love to do business the Chinese, Japanese, Senegalese, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis they love to do business, even Nigerians, my main wholesale supplier is a Chinese man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEYKqJbr4TI

https://www.walkbrazil4k.com/2021/09/how-i-started-doing-business-in-brazil.html?m=1

I enjoy all your updates, I have watched all your videos.

Keep them coming bro.

The guy whose shop you bought, why did he leave Brazil, did he return to Naija?

Just curious

Re: Brazil by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 01, 2021
[quote author=Useku post=106332446][/quote]

Thanks, the guy travelled to the USA

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone On Here Lived In Canada? / News About Tinapa / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.