Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,721 members, 7,955,699 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:13 PM

The 21st Century Commander - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The 21st Century Commander (251 Views)

Current Read: 21 Lessons Of The 21st Century / The Challenges Of The 21st Century Youth / Red Roses (the Sparks Of The 21st Century) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The 21st Century Commander by VeeJewel(f): 6:50pm On Sep 30, 2021
Those who lead their sphere.

The recent years of this century began on 1 January 2001 and will elapse on 31 December 2100.
Global economy has seen China catapulted itself into the world's second largest economy from one of the poorest in 1980. We have also seen the decline of nations especially in Africa because we're so dependent on foreign aids from the United States, IMF and foreign banks in China and Europe.

Africa sits at the 10 poorest nations with Gambia at 10 and Central African Republic at 1st. We have blamed our misfortune on poverty and lack of education and medical health care amongst others.

I am African and I also believe that no sudden awakening can bring us to the top economies in the world because we have lost decades to mental stagnation. We could only be proud of individual achievements and an average improvement in our nation's.

The 21st century commanders are only those who have succeeded in leading or greatly affecting their sphere of influence, we can see such in nations and individuals; in our communities, countries, on television and in the religious body.

Let's take a look at:

THE ECONOMY

Nations have strived to be the best amongst themselves, they have also measured up in military strength, economy power, social influence, tourism, technology and bio resources.

Militarily, the United States have professed to be the best despite a strong opposition from Russia and China.
We have assumed that whoever has more nuclear weapons, human capital and war technology is the strongest and we have also forgot that expositions and war games aren't the true definition of strength.

The economic environment has produced key business leaders internationally and locally and they have stood out to be success stories in their endeavors.
Hence the need for economic mental revolution shouldn't be under emphasized because of the time in hand.

Jeff Bezos of Amazon, Indra Nooyi of Pepsi, Howard Schultz of Starbucks, Steve Jobs of Apples, Bill Gates of Microsoft and many others are the amazing and strategic CEO's of the 21st century.
Despite the western influence in the global stage, we wouldn't fail to acknowledge Africans of the 21st centuries in the likes of Tony Elemelu of UBA, Mike Adenuga of Globacom, Aliko Dangotes of Dangote group, Ali-shah Jivraj of Royal Electronics, Strive Masiyiuwa of Econet and many more.

In all, our global economic entrepreneurs have a few things in common and I have seen them been highly passionate, disciplined, confident, highly organized, goal oriented and self awareness.
Economic commanders are those who do not need the nuclear backgrounds of America nor the fighting skills of Vietnam to become a success story.

In my next episode, I will tell you the Entertainment commanders of the 21st century and how they prevailed.

I am Vera Umejiaku (Bejuweel)
Young entrepreneur and Human capital developer.
bejuweel@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Independence: Apm Congratulates Nigerians On 61st Independence Anniversary / Regency Romance Writer Needed / Poetry : The Fire And Archer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.