Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Why The Fuss Over DNA Testing - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why The Fuss Over DNA Testing (543 Views)

Paternity Fraud: Shocking Revelations As More Couples Embrace DNA Testing / Dr Penking Receives Death Threats Over DNA Laboratory Opening In Lekki / Women, DNA Testing Is Not A Home Breaker: It Can Vindicate You (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Fuss Over DNA Testing by betabread: 8:55pm On Sep 30, 2021
With so much uproar or marketing of dna test online, one should really put on his thinking hard and ask simple questions, can nature really make mistake...... In every offspring the man donates half while the woman donates half of the genetic material.......seriously one does not need a thousand dollar test to know if a child is truely his, him must take something resemble him papa....no need for soothe Sayers..... The idea of a dna test only comes to play when close relatives are vieing for the paternity of a child.......

Please let's not fall for this marketing gimmick......... Apples have never given rise to oranges and never will
Re: Why The Fuss Over DNA Testing by advanceDNA: 9:05pm On Sep 30, 2021
A girl child can be the splitting image of her mother... So even after if ur wife sleep with another u can't know by checking the resemblance...DNA lo sure
Re: Why The Fuss Over DNA Testing by Kobojunkie: 10:25pm On Sep 30, 2021
betabread:
With so much uproar or marketing of dna test online, one should really put on his thinking hard and ask simple questions, can nature really make mistake...... In every offspring the man donates half while the woman donates half of the genetic material.......seriously one does not need a thousand dollar test to know if a child is truely his, him must take something resemble him papa....no need for soothe Sayers..... The idea of a dna test only comes to play when close relatives are vieing for the paternity of a child.......

Please let's not fall for this marketing gimmick......... Apples have never given rise to oranges and never will
You what to spoil business for the business investors abi wetin? Instead, why not go invest so you can benefit from the awoof wey dey follow so. undecided
Anything to emotional rile the average Nigerian means money in the bank for those who are quick. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why The Fuss Over DNA Testing by efficiencie(m): 10:33pm On Sep 30, 2021
betabread:

No matter how you try to deceive anyone it will not work...a child may look so much like his or her mother that a man may not suspect that the child is not his if truly the child is not his. It is better to spend 150k, to know the true father of a child, than spend a fortune training and raising another man's child and then one fool comes from nowhere to claim the child as his...churches must as a matter of necessity start requiring DNA test results/declaration of paternity before child dedication. Some fathers may know the child is not theirs but still want to raise the child as theirs such fathers should submit a declaration of paternity otherwise submit DNA test results. Shikena. If you are afraid of this development then you must have a ton of skeletons in your cupboard.

1 Like

Re: Why The Fuss Over DNA Testing by betabread: 11:18pm On Sep 30, 2021
efficiencie:

No matter how you try to deceive anyone it will not work...a child may look so much like his or her mother that a man may not suspect that the child is not his if truly the child is not his. It is better to spend 150k, to know the true father of a child, than spend a fortune training and raising another man's child and then one fool comes from nowhere to claim the child as his...churches must as a matter of necessity start requiring DNA test results/declaration of paternity before child dedication. Some fathers may know the child is not theirs but still want to raise the child as theirs such fathers should submit a declaration of paternity otherwise submit DNA test results. Shikena. If you are afraid of this development then you must have a ton of skeletons in your cupboard.

Let's stop reinventing the wheel,a child's genetic make up is split equally, I don't need a dna test to know my dad is my dad, it like using a machine gun to kill a mosquito but if mum had slept with my dad's brother or relative then dna night come in to prove
Re: Why The Fuss Over DNA Testing by efficiencie(m): 1:25am On Oct 01, 2021
betabread:

Let's stop reinventing the wheel,a child's genetic make up is split equally, I don't need a dna test to know my dad is my dad, it like using a machine gun to kill a mosquito but if mum had slept with my dad's brother or relative then dna night come in to prove

Split equally? Do you even know what you are saying? Can you even define what you mean by split equally? Have you forgotten that some genes are dominant or recessive in parents and this could imply that some genetic features of one parents may be more present in the offspring than the genetic features of the other parent? Dude you can tell yourself that both your parents contribute equally to your make-up and that is your opinion or your truth and you can decide to live with it...but do not discourage those who have doubts. E be like sey I go begin reason I go take setup DNA lab for my middle-class heavilypopulated area. Chai. In a world of immorality and deception, DNA testing lab will be an instant cash cow! grin grin grin
Re: Why The Fuss Over DNA Testing by advanceDNA: 1:37am On Oct 01, 2021
betabread:

U obviously don't know how genetics work...because you And ur wife donate 23chromosomes each doesn't mean you both will equally donate the gene that will code for the faicial structure...
It's a random thing during ontogenesis...

That's why u see sometimes, girls look exactly like their father because sometimes the process selects the father's genes that code for facial phenotypic expression..but mostly, lots of girls look like their mother...

The fact that there is dominant and recessive genes makes the process even less black and white like u are implying
Re: Why The Fuss Over DNA Testing by baralatie(m): 3:47am On Oct 01, 2021
efficiencie:

Re: Why The Fuss Over DNA Testing by MufasaLion: 4:42am On Oct 01, 2021
betabread:

You're an ignorant man.
Re: Why The Fuss Over DNA Testing by MufasaLion: 4:46am On Oct 01, 2021
efficiencie:

Split equally? Do you even know what you are saying? Can you even define what you mean by split equally? Have you forgotten that some genes are dominant or recessive in parents and this could imply that some genetic features of one parents may be more present in the offspring than the genetic features of the other parent? Dude you can tell yourself that both your parents contribute equally to your make-up and that is your opinion or your truth and you can decide to live with it...but do not discourage those who have doubts. E be like sey I go begin reason I go take setup DNA lab for my middle-class heavilypopulated area. Chai. In a world of immorality and deception, DNA testing lab will be an instant cash cow! grin grin grin

Let him be deceiving himself. A week ago a guy posted screenshot of some IG post where women were revealing secrets like this. A woman said she's been sleeping with her man's best friend and still can't stop. Another said the child thry have is for another man even though the child resembles the husband facially.
Re: Why The Fuss Over DNA Testing by betabread: 5:24am On Oct 01, 2021
You all are talking from position of weakness, there is no way my close friend can father my child and I won't know, it's a whole different scenario as compared to my wife is sleeping with my close friend

I might not be able to control the fact that my wife might sleep with my close friend but if any fruit arises from that sexual Union, she can never say it's mine

A woman can only lie about the paternity of a child for only 9 months the child is in her womb, after 9 months and she gives birth the power reverses back to u.....

No human being carries only recessive genes in him...... Let's not over flog this issue apples don't give rise to oranges

A man that waits for 23 years after the birth of a child and needs dna test to confirm the paternity of his child is a compound fool and is just looking for a socially acceptable reason to do something stupid

God or Nature never makes mistakes, it's man that does
Re: Why The Fuss Over DNA Testing by betabread: 5:34am On Oct 01, 2021
advanceDNA:

U obviously don't know how genetics work...because you And ur wife donate 23chromosomes each doesn't mean you both will equally donate the gene that will code for the faicial structure...
It's a random thing during ontogenesis...

That's why u see sometimes, girls look exactly like their father because sometimes the process selects the father's genes that code for facial phenotypic expression..but mostly, lots of girls look like their mother...

The fact that there is dominant and recessive genes makes the process even less black and white like u are implying
Is it only facial structure u give ur child, my dear don't over flog this.......

U seriously don't know how genetics work

Back in the old days, elders stamp their feet on their children not marrying into some families, u think they don't know what they were doing

Granted a woman might philander but if a product arises from such Union, it is as clear as water

I stand on my ground, Dna test will only help out if close relatives are battling the paternity of a child..... You don't need Dna test to sort out a paternity row between an Isoko landlord and an Fulani tenant
Re: Why The Fuss Over DNA Testing by advanceDNA: 7:50am On Oct 01, 2021
betabread:

Is it only facial structure u give ur child, my dear don't over flog this.......

U seriously don't know how genetics work

Back in the old days, elders stamp their feet on their children not marrying into some families, u think they don't know what they were doing

Granted a woman might philander but if a product arises from such Union, it is as clear as water

I stand on my ground, Dna test will only help out if close relatives are battling the paternity of a child..... You don't need Dna test to sort out a paternity row between an Isoko landlord and an Fulani tenant

Lol.... Isoko and Fulani....is that how cheating scenario play out in the real world??

So what if you are Igbo and your wife also cheats with a Igbo...or isn't that how it really works in the real world...

Besides ..it's easy to tell a child might not be urs when the child is fully grown....but when paternity doubts comes up when a child is still a baby...perhaps becos of infidelity from the woman...guy u can't totally be sure is a baby is urs without DNA..

.I've seen many cases of people thinking they are not the father of their children because the baby looked completely white like the mother.....and it turned they are the father....
Re: Why The Fuss Over DNA Testing by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 01, 2021
Re: Why The Fuss Over DNA Testing by advanceDNA: 9:59am On Oct 01, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
It's actually possible for a child to look like someone they don't share DNA with, and in the same manner, not look like someone they share DNA with (e.g. children who don't resemble one or more of their biological parents, biological siblings who look nothing alike). The bottom line: if an individual is uncertain about a child being his, a DNA will help clarify the situation. I don't see the big deal there. A woman who has nothing to hide won't sweat it, and it may be important for the child's health.

Are u a man disguising as a woman??
Cos nairaland women are no this rational...they always talk with bias as long it's against men and favour women...

We were discussing this issue at work.. and a lady that said exactly what you said was verbally attacked by other females for not being a feminist and against her gender....and that DNA test is an insult whether they cheated or not....claiming that sometimes cheating is possible and that a woman cannot fully know if her husband or the outsider owns the baby...

I'm like how the fvck did humanity get this low....
Re: Why The Fuss Over DNA Testing by efficiencie(m): 11:49pm On Oct 01, 2021
MufasaLion:

Let him be deceiving himself. A week ago a guy posted screenshot of some IG post where women were revealing secrets like this. A woman said she's been sleeping with her man's best friend and still can't stop. Another said the child thry have is for another man even though the child resembles the husband facially.

Just imagine...one man go dey work like craze to provide first class lifestyle for his family only for the one lazy Nigerian yoot to be working hard on his wife's ass! This madness has to stop abeg.
Re: Why The Fuss Over DNA Testing by MufasaLion: 4:09am On Oct 02, 2021
efficiencie:

Just imagine...one man go dey work like craze to provide first class lifestyle for his family only for the one lazy Nigerian yoot to be working hard on his wife's ass! This madness has to stop abeg.

It's really crazy!
Re: Why The Fuss Over DNA Testing by betabread: 8:49am On Oct 02, 2021
efficiencie:

How can u be providing first class life style for your wife without good daily knacking......

Many men just dey use work dey cover bedroom inadequacies........

You can never cheat Nature
Re: Why The Fuss Over DNA Testing by efficiencie(m): 2:32pm On Oct 02, 2021
betabread:

How can u be providing first class life style for your wife without good daily knacking......

Many men just dey use work dey cover bedroom inadequacies........

You can never cheat Nature

Yea, why not kill the man already. If the man slacks in money making but has all the time for continuous sex you will castigated him as being a lazy dog. If due to prolonged hours of work he is not always available for sex they will say he is covering bedroom inadequacies and his wife is justified to ruin her marriage by sleeping with a jobless, randy, lowlife he-goat...what is the function of the wife then? To sleep, spend hours online doing nonsense, spend money lavishly and have sex? To be useless and unfortunate? I don't blame these bitchy women at all, I blame the good men. Any good man who hustles first and hits it first before marrying will most likely marry a bitch...and hence every good man must seek out their wives when they have nothing, when they are struggling, when they do not look desirable to the hoes but can be spotted by a true virtuous woman.
Re: Why The Fuss Over DNA Testing by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 13, 2021
betabread:
In every offspring the man donates half while the woman donates half of the genetic material.......seriously one does not need a thousand dollar test to know if a child is truely his, him must take something resemble him papa....no need for soothe Sayers..... The idea of a dna test only comes to play when close relatives are vieing for the paternity of a child.......

Oga sir...
There's something called phenotype and another called genotype...
Lemme explain them in the simplest term...
Genotype is the total genetic makeup of an individual, the phenotype is the visible part of the genotype...

Yes you're right, a child gets half from the father and the other half from the mother (that's genotype), but the part that shows (phenotype) could predominantly be that of the mother or that of the father...

And please note that phenotype could also be influenced by the environment...

So you can't know for CERTAINTY that a child belongs to a man unless a DNA test is done...

(1) (Reply)

... And The Fowl Died / The Untold Story Of A Girl Who Came For Abortion! / Mattress Foam For Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.