Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Need Advice To Become A Frontend Engineer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Need Advice To Become A Frontend Engineer (413 Views)

Is Choosing To Become Only A Frontend Dev A Solid Programming Career? / Are You In Need Of A Frontend Intern? / Why Are Backend Developers Paid More Than Frontend Developers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advice To Become A Frontend Engineer by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 01, 2021
Hello. I'm very interested and motivated to dive into the world of software engineering, but due to low self esteem and other personal issues in the past I've steered away from the thought of learning from scratch and putting in the work to be to be good.

I've decided to do something with my life, something I think I'll enjoy doing since I spend most of my time on my system.

I've also decided to start learning coding from Codecademy and freeCodeCamp on YouTube in HTML, CSS and Java but I don't really have a roadmap on where to go from there...

If I were to put in 6-8 hours everyday to learn programming for like 6 months, would it be possible to acquire (half) the necessary skills to meet the requirements of the job posting below?:
https://www./listings/senior-software-developer-kgv9vx

I deeply appreciated your input or advice.
Re: Need Advice To Become A Frontend Engineer by shegzhkn: 1:09pm On Oct 01, 2021
HTML , CSS then Java ?? this tells me one thing - rudderless drifting.

First of all, you need to define ur direction. what area of programming appeals to you : Artificial intelligence, Web Development, Mobile Development, Cybersecurity, IoT and once you've figured that out then you can craft a solid roadmap that you can follow and make no mistake if you don't know your aim of learning to code, it will be relatively easy to fail.

So What did you really want to do, close your eye for minute and imagine that you have the skill already what did you see yourself doing.

Automating boring tasks, Data Analysis, Desktop App development, what have you ??
Re: Need Advice To Become A Frontend Engineer by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 01, 2021
shegzhkn:

First of all, you need to define ur direction. what area of programming appeals to you : Artificial intelligence, Web Development, Mobile Development, Cybersecurity, IoT and once you've figured that out then you can craft a solid roadmap that you can follow and make no mistake if you don't know your aim of learning to code, it will be relatively easy to fail.

So What did you really want to do, close your eye for minute and imagine that you have the skill already what did you see yourself doing.

Automating boring tasks, Data Analysis, Desktop App development, what have you ??
App/software development. Web development or UI/UX design - 2nd choice.
Re: Need Advice To Become A Frontend Engineer by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 01, 2021
shegzhkn:

I can't see your reply, it might have been (automatically) deleted..

(1) (Reply)

Milken-motsepe-prize-agritech-competition / ###need An Experienced Web Developer (front&backend Dev)? Contact Us Today!!! / May God Bless Any One That Anwers Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.