Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar (2977 Views)

Why Naira Is In Free Fall – Olusegun Aganga / David Ibiyeomie: Reno Omokri Reveals Daddy Freeze's Parents' Identity / Tanko Muhammed Has 32 Kids - Reno Omokri Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by kinglaxon: 1:38pm On Oct 01, 2021
Source: https://metrovibes.ng/reno-omokri-reveals-the-reason-why-naira-is-crashing-against-dollar/

Popular Nigerian activist and author, Reno Omokri in a recent statement, has revealed why the Nigerian Naira is constantly crashing against the US Dollar.

The 47 years old lawyer in his statement, claimed that Naira is constantly crashing against the Dollar due to the huge external debt the country is owing.

He added that the President Muhammadu Buhari’s led administration was deliberately enslaving the country by borrowing.

Reno Omokri made this known through a recent post on his Facebook page as he claimed that Naira is now worth less than the Zimbabwean dollar.

He wrote;

“In case you don’t know why the Naira is ₦575 to $1, and may soon become ₦1000 to $1, it is because Buhari has increased our total national debt from ₦12 trillion in 2015, to ₦35 trillion today. Things are so bad that even Pastor Adeboye complained about our debt position.

Please Google it. Pastor Adeboye was venting his frustration about our debt to his friend. This shameless bambiala called Buhari has borrowed your destiny and spent it building a $2 billion railway in Niger Republic. Wake up and smell the coffee.

You and I here can afford to eat, but there are millions going to bed empty because their Naira can no longer buy anything tangible. The Naira is now worth less than the Zimbabwean dollar.

If that is okay by you, it is not okay by me. I will fight this man every step of the way until he stops borrowing our destiny away.”

12 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by arsenic33(m): 1:40pm On Oct 01, 2021
I willI will fight this man every step of the way until he stops borrowing our destiny away.”until he stops borrowing our destiny away.”

All these keypad e-worrriors sef
Fight him on social media?
Abeg where our educated people dey when uneducated people dey contest election? "Illiterate" even win election, professors announce the the result.

Una Neva see anything.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by SLAP44: 1:41pm On Oct 01, 2021
Reno

late CBN governor malafia have told us fulanis will start killing of high rank citizens in southern Nigeria. And they will start war by 2022 before he was killed on 11 September 2021.. yet nobody was asking him question...
fulanis are now on operation devide and rule tactics... they know BIAFRA is coming as soon as possible, they will kill innocent igbos and find a way to tag IPOB in it.... that's the tactics they have been using to rule the yorubas and igbos.. they are even now using igbos names to comment rubbish against IPOB..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by Olaoluwa112(m): 1:50pm On Oct 01, 2021
Don't really like buhari, the only good thing I like about him is the fact that he ban the importing of foods, I think Nigeria has what it takes to feed herself, why is it now that 99% of things we use in Nigeria are imported goods.

I think the first and best thing we can do to boast and make sure naira rise against dollar is to lower the rate at which we import thing and depend on things we produce.

Let's all work together, buy aba product instead of your useless Gussi Gussi, buy Nigerian made rice instead of coutonu made rice.

Let's make Nigeria great.

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by Lionnation: 1:56pm On Oct 01, 2021
reno, support nigerias division or keep quiet cos it will only get worse

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by shigishege: 1:59pm On Oct 01, 2021
Only to hear tomorrow that you have decamped to APC. Like Reno like Femi. Deceptive lots.
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by benuejosh: 2:03pm On Oct 01, 2021
Borrowing itself is not anything bad at all. But it becomes bad if the funds borrowed are not put into productive usage. If the funds borrowed are put into recurrent Expenditure then is something we should cry but if the funds are channeled into capital Expenditure and also put into social overhead cost then we should be happy. Every country borrow, USA has the highest debt profile in the world. Is their standard of living not okay? If our domestic resource are not sufficient enough to solve our issues should we fold our hands and look and expect manner to fall from heaven?

I 75% seriously doubt if Reno really said that. If he did, then I question his understanding about economics and his literacy.

We were an import dependent country till Buhari placed a ban on importation of certain commodities. If the ban was in place many years ago, by now our local production would have increased to an extent that we should be exporting in large quantities and getting enough foreign earnings. The only thing we're exporting is crude oil. Which is not helping.

And to an extent I feel we should completely stop pegging our rates on dollars. What about the Chinese yuan?

We hould be advocating for increased in domestic production for local consumption and exporting so as to improve our foreign earnings which will help strengthen our currency against the dollar.

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by tyup(m): 2:08pm On Oct 01, 2021
arsenic33:
I willI will fight this man every step of the way until he stops borrowing our destiny away.”until he stops borrowing our destiny away.”

Abeg where our educated people dey when uneducated people dey contest election? "Illiterate" even win election, professors announce the the result.

Una Neva see anything.

He's a public figure fighting Buhari on the media and you best believe it goes a long way. but you, what is ur own contribution and what have you done??

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by WibusJaga: 2:25pm On Oct 01, 2021

So why are we borrowing? Borrowing is only a symptom & not the root cause.
The economy is simply not productive; so many imports & little exports.
Why is the economy not productive? Lawlessness, financial impunity, Govt policies, Nepotism, Quota...
Abeg Nigeria problems too plenty. You come add over-population & influx of Buhari cousins from Niger & Chad, insecurity.... Abeg I don get headache.

We need a robust response to Nigeria problems...

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by Rolings: 2:27pm On Oct 01, 2021
kinglaxon:
Source: https://metrovibes.ng/reno-omokri-reveals-the-reason-why-naira-is-crashing-against-dollar/

Popular Nigerian activist and author, Reno Omokri in a recent statement, has revealed why the Nigerian Naira is constantly crashing against the US Dollar.

The 47 years old lawyer in his statement, claimed that Naira is constantly crashing against the Dollar due to the huge external debt the country is owing.

He added that the President Muhammadu Buhari’s led administration was deliberately enslaving the country by borrowing.

Reno Omokri made this known through a recent post on his Facebook page as he claimed that Naira is now worth less than the Zimbabwean dollar.

He wrote;

“In case you don’t know why the Naira is ₦575 to $1, and may soon become ₦1000 to $1, it is because Buhari has increased our total national debt from ₦12 trillion in 2015, to ₦35 trillion today. Things are so bad that even Pastor Adeboye complained about our debt position.

Please Google it. Pastor Adeboye was venting his frustration about our debt to his friend. This shameless bambiala called Buhari has borrowed your destiny and spent it building a $2 billion railway in Niger Republic. Wake up and smell the coffee.

You and I here can afford to eat, but there are millions going to bed empty because their Naira can no longer buy anything tangible. The Naira is now worth less than the Zimbabwean dollar.

If that is okay by you, it is not okay by me. I will fight this man every step of the way until he stops borrowing our destiny away.”

Seeking attention

FFK said worse....we know where he is today

Im waiting for your reaction when Gej decamp to Apc
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by fourboys: 2:46pm On Oct 01, 2021
embarassed embarassed
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 01, 2021
SLAP44:
Reno

late CBN governor malafia have told us fulanis will start killing of high rank citizens in southern Nigeria. And they will start war by 2022 before he was killed on 11 September 2021.. yet nobody was asking him question...
fulanis are now on operation devide and rule tactics... they know BIAFRA is coming as soon as possible, they will kill innocent igbos and find a way to tag IPOB in it.... that's the tactics they have been using to rule the yorubas and igbos.. they are even now using igbos names to comment rubbish against IPOB..

Please they should hurry up. I’m sure the ordinary citizen from the south will be happy.
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by SarkinYarki: 3:27pm On Oct 01, 2021
Buhari has using all our Forex to Service debt and pay phantom oil subsidy and then turns around to blame a website called Aboki FX
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 01, 2021
Heheheh grin
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by mybiz234: 3:46pm On Oct 01, 2021
arsenic33:

Una Neva see anything.

Lolz. Buhari is borrowing away the desitny of your children.

Are you cool with it
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by OreMI22: 3:56pm On Oct 01, 2021
kinglaxon:

He wrote;

The current regime is the MOST CORRUPT in Nigeria's history.

They are taking huge loans claiming to be paying salaries etc with them. While they pocket the hard currency and mindlessly printing NAIRA notes to pay salaries and pay contractors!

Only an illiterate would not reason that such a criminal economic policy of piling up huge foreign debts and mindless printing of the naira would crash the value of the naira in a very short period. Nigerians have had it.
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by mybiz234: 3:56pm On Oct 01, 2021
Olaoluwa112:
Don't really like buhari, the only good thing I like about him is the fact that he ban the importing of foods, I think Nigeria has what it takes to feed herself, why is it now that 99% of things we use in Nigeria are imported goods.

I think the first and best thing we can do to boast and make sure naira rise against dollar is to lower the rate at which we import thing and depend on things we produce.

Let's all work together, buy aba product instead of your useless Gussi Gussi, buy Nigerian made rice instead of coutonu made rice.

Have you asked yourself if your president himself had been using Nigerian made things?

No, Buhari has been using imported items.

Do you thing Buhari is eating local rice in aso rock? Then you will be the world's worst fool if you think so.

Buhari even use foreign medical service. Shouldn't that tell you that you've been taken for granted
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by realstars: 4:02pm On Oct 01, 2021
Buhari Is A Cow man
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by joyandfaith: 4:12pm On Oct 01, 2021
kinglaxon:

He wrote;

Any educated person who does not know increasing national debt is bad for economy is a fool. Creditors are using foreign reserve as collateral. Politicians and top government officials are not productive. They are empty-headed. It seems criteria to attain top positions in government is being dumb. They are killing the economy.
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by poiZon: 4:14pm On Oct 01, 2021
benuejosh:
Borrowing itself is not anything bad at all. But it becomes bad if the funds borrowed are not put into productive usage. If the funds borrowed are put into recurrent Expenditure then is something we should cry but if the funds are channeled into capital Expenditure and also put into social overhead cost then we should be happy. Every country borrow, USA has the highest debt profile in the world. Is their standard of living not okay? If our domestic resource are not sufficient enough to solve our issues should we fold our hands and look and expect manner to fall from heaven?

I 75% seriously doubt if Reno really said that. If he did, then I question his understanding about economics and his literacy.

We were an import dependent country till Buhari placed a ban on importation of certain commodities. If the ban was in place many years ago, by now our local production would have increased to an extent that we should be exporting in large quantities and getting enough foreign earnings. The only thing we're exporting is crude oil. Which is not helping.

And to an extent I feel we should completely stop pegging our rates on dollars. What about the Chinese yuan?

We hould be advocating for increased in domestic production for local consumption and exporting so as to improve our foreign earnings which will help strengthen our currency against the dollar.
So we should peg our naira on yuan instead of dollars... And u think u r sensible with this statement?
Go and ask the chinese which currency they stored their reserve?
Increased in domestic production when insecurity is rampaging the entire country.
80percent of farm settlements r under siege by fulani militias, the problem with the right wing is they r so myopic and try to deny the true nature of things happening in the country.
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by poiZon: 4:29pm On Oct 01, 2021
Kano-maradi rail line, we borrowed to fund it.
Lagos-ibadan rail line, we borrowed to fund it.
Ajaokuta-itakpe-warri line, we borriwed to fund and complete it.
Lagos-calabar rail, na loan dem wan use fund am.
Calabar-odukpani-itu-ikot-ekpene fed highway na loan dem wan use fund am.
We have sukuk bonds, all sort of loans used in funding different projects in the country....
Abeg monies that federal govt earn monthly what do they use it for?
This same foolish apc urchins were on their keypad when GEJ said Nigeria doesnt have the funds to construct high speed rail.
So what happened....
You used monies recovered from abacha and co to feed imaginery pupils and give out cheap loans that u can't tax and can never recover, how will u recover monies donated to market women at hand that don't have bvn or account, i know people who collected tradermoni cash more than 3times. Some collected more than 5times, one individual o, and most of them never had shops in the market.
Instead of ploughing these recovered monies to constructing these rails, or constructing roads and toll them so the monies can be recovered and re-channel in other sectors.
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by muller101(m): 5:22pm On Oct 01, 2021
benuejosh:

you tackle insecurities first before all those things you are saying.
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by arsenic33(m): 5:51pm On Oct 01, 2021
mybiz234:

Lolz. Buhari is borrowing away the desitny of your children.

Are you cool with it

No body can borrow the destiny of my children. Their destiny has been well secured. If dem don borrow your children destiny, pls try to secure it for them.
I sat down a day and was thinking how come Presido have been contesting for so long that he'd not give up even at old age. He later won and became the president where we have highly educated Nigerians. After that thought, I came to my senses.. I'm smiling now because I'd not give up even when it was rough.
I wish I can meet Presido one on one lemme ask him many questions.
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by arsenic33(m): 5:59pm On Oct 01, 2021
tyup:

He's a public figure fighting Buhari on the media and you best believe it goes a long way. but you, what is ur own contribution and what have you done??

So what has the fighting yielded? How does the fight reduce the price of garri, rice, gas, petrol, chicken, etc?
The best fight he can fight is to contest and become the president so that he can undo what he's antagonizing.
What I've done? I have over 30 workers collecting at least 33k monthly. I'm a farmer producing food, meat and fish
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by JAMO84: 6:01pm On Oct 01, 2021
This one will be talking nonsense on Twitter and his fellow PDP Dundees will be hailing him.

Buhari is borrowing to do critical infrastructures, every time he writes to the national assembly,he always states the projects he intends to use the borrowing for.
If anyone can provide proof that the money weren't spent on what they were borrowed for, we can say your criticisms are justified.

His boss made the highest oil revenue in Nigeria's history and still borrowed billions to pay salary.

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by arsenic33(m): 6:02pm On Oct 01, 2021
benuejosh:

Tell them. Some educated illiterate sef.
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by Rickmann: 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2021
Olaoluwa112:

I stand with you bro.
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by Rickmann: 6:12pm On Oct 01, 2021
arsenic33:

Una Neva see anything.

Reno is an influencer both home and in diaspora, whether online or offline, people listen to him.. I know the little role he played in the end sars protest from his end so it's either you with him or you stop beefing..whatever method he uses, it still has it's own little effect.
Remember, 'Evil thrives only when good men do nothing'.. Reno and others will never stop speaking out , even if it's the only weapon they've got.
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by arsenic33(m): 6:16pm On Oct 01, 2021
Rickmann:

Reno is an influencer both home and in diaspora, whether online or offline, people listen to him.. I know the little role he played in the end sars protest from his end so it's either you with him or you stop beefing..whatever method he uses, it still has it's own little effect.
Remember, 'Evil thrives only when good men do nothing'.. Reno and others will never stop speaking out , even if it's the only weapon they've got.
He's just an opposition. He saying because he's PDP. FFK did more than him.
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:06pm On Oct 01, 2021
Olaoluwa112:

e fi le ofe repair Nigeria

Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by mybiz234: 8:17pm On Oct 01, 2021
arsenic33:

No body can borrow the destiny of my children. Their destiny has been well secured. If dem don borrow your children destiny, pls try to secure it for them.
I sat down a day and was thinking how come Presido have been contesting for so long that he'd not give up even at old age. He later won and became the president where we have highly educated Nigerians. After that thought, I came to my senses.. I'm smiling now because I'd not give up even when it was rough.
I wish I can meet Presido one on one lemme ask him many questions.

Unfortunately, every decision he makes as president affects you and your family members, whether you like it or not
Re: Reno Omokri Reveals The Reason Why Naira Is Crashing Against Dollar by gabolak(m): 8:37pm On Oct 01, 2021
Only God will save us

(1) (2) (Reply)

BAT: I Don't Trust Buhari Anymore -- Bisi Akande / So Tinubu Still Smokes Despite His age and Health Issues?(pics) / Lady Raises Alarm After Collecting Four N500 Notes With The Same Serial Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.