Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Makinde’s Aide Wades Into Alleged Extortion Of Nursing Students In LAUTECH - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Makinde’s Aide Wades Into Alleged Extortion Of Nursing Students In LAUTECH (219 Views)

Nursing Students Admitted Into Nigerian Universities 2022 / Lead City University Nursing Students Cry Out Over Poor Hostel After Paying 200k / UNN Nursing Students Stand To Write Test Under The Sun (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Makinde’s Aide Wades Into Alleged Extortion Of Nursing Students In LAUTECH by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 6:19pm On Oct 01, 2021
Makinde’s Aide Wades Into Alleged Extortion Of Nursing Students In LAUTECH

October 1, 2021

Disturbed by the extortion of nursing students at the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, LAUTECH, Victor Olojede, the special assistant to Seyi Makinde, governor of Oyo State, has vowed to get to the root of the matter.

Acting on a save our soul message from some of the students, OYOINSIGHT.COM had last night exposed how students are made to pay exorbitant charges allegedly levied on nursing students at LAUTECH.

The students had told this newspaper how these fees are paid into the personal account of their class representatives and not into the official account of the University.

Rattled by the story, the class representative had, on the class Whatsapp group, asked the students to go to OYOINSIGHT.COM’s comment section to disclaim the story as untrue.

Olojede, in a reaction to the story, said “my principal, Seyi Makinde, governor frowns at such act. I am received calls from some of the students but we will still, in conjunction with relevant stakeholders, investigate the matters.

”Governor Seyi Makinde is a pro-student leader and he would not allow such things to happen. You will recall that even before his inauguration, he has always identified with students. And that was why he slashed the school fees when he assumed office. I don’t want to preempt anything but I will be disappointed if that is found to be true. We have noted the account numbers in questions and the persons’ names. We will definitely investigate the matter.

”While I will be visiting the school next week, I also like to urge the students not to take laws into the hands. They should go on with their normal activities,” he said.

Source:Oyo Insight
Re: Makinde’s Aide Wades Into Alleged Extortion Of Nursing Students In LAUTECH by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 6:20pm On Oct 01, 2021
Rattled By Extortion Revelation, Class Reps Ask LAUTECH Nursing Students To Disclaim...

Rattled by OYOINSIGHT.COM’s revelation on the illegal exorbitant charges allegedly levied on them by the Distance Learning Center of the Institution, students have been asked by one of the accomplices to go to the platform’s social media pages to disclaim the story as false.

In the class Whatsapp group, the guy who collects the money and referred to as the “all in all Class Rep/Course Rep/Class Governor”, was asking his colleagues to continue writing “fake news” in the comment section of OYOINSIGHT.COM’s Facebook page.

This newspaper had reported how a group of LAUTECH Nursing Students (ODL) under the aegis of Concerned Nursing Students have cried out to authorities to save them from.

The students told OYOINSIGHT.COM that the accomplice uses three account numbers – Stanbic, Sterling, UBA, which he uses interchangeably for his dirty jobs.

The students alleged that these fees are paid into the personal account of their Class Rep and not into the official account of the University.

Oyo Insight.

(1) (Reply)

Here’s What Happens To Your Body When You Eat Too Much Meat / APPLY: 2022 Islamic University Of Madinah Scholarship For International Students / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.