Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,703 members, 7,809,673 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence (6888 Views)

Tinubu To Yahaya Bello: Let’s Unite To Extract Nigerians From Poverty / Gbajabiamila: Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions Lack Capacity To Solve Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by insidenaijasblog: 7:08am On Oct 02, 2021
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rep. Femi Gbajabiamila, has called on Nigerians to be more united for the common purpose of building a country that meets the best expectations of all Nigerians, Newspremises reports.

Citing the well-known aphorism, United We Stand and Divided We Fall, Gbajabiamila said unity is priceless, urging every Nigerian to drop their sentiments and work together for a better nation.

In a message marking Nigeria's 61st Independence Anniversary, the Speaker re-echoed the fact that Nigeria is "the only country we can call our own," noting that, "As far as I am concerned, there is no country on earth like Nigeria, and I know every patriotic Nigerian holds this view."

He added that Nigerians must all work together to fulfil the dream of a nation of peaceful coexistence and abundant prosperity.

He said in the past 61 years, Nigeria has grown and developed beyond imagination, though he recognised the fact that, "We still have significant challenges we must overcome together."

Speaker Gbajabiamila said Nigerian leaders were doing their best to see an end to the challenges facing Nigeria, especially the insecurity across the country.

He noted that such efforts required the support of all citizens, irrespective of political affiliations.

The Speaker reassured Nigerians that the 9th Assembly would always give the necessary legislative interventions to other arms of government to smoothen the task of governance.
Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/61st-independence-anniversary-nigeria-is-our-only-country-lets-unite-for-peaceful-coexistence-gbajabiamila/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by thesicilian: 7:10am On Oct 02, 2021
Let's be realistic, there cannot be peaceful coexistence in the midst of such overwhelming government apathy towards tackling insecurity.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by Aufbauh(m): 7:15am On Oct 02, 2021
As far as I am also concerned, there is no country on earth like Nigeria, and I know every patriotic Nigerian holds this view.

For those calling others 'Unity beggars', it's better and more dignifying to be a 'Unity beggar' than a 'Freedom beggar'.

As far as I'm concern freedom beggars are conscientious slaves. I can't be in my own country which I am supposed to be a stakeholder and be begging or wailing
everyday for freedom. It's an aberration!

I can't because of my family challenges which I feel other families go through as well, deny my paternity or identity. I'll stay put and contribute my own quota to make it work.

If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win"

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by insidenaijasblog: 7:16am On Oct 02, 2021
thesicilian:
Let's be realistic, there cannot be peaceful coexistence in the midst of such overwhelming government apathy towards tackling insecurity.
hmmm
Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 02, 2021
How long shall we continue to deceive ourselves with this one Nigeria thing......ask a 10 year old kid within ur vicinity about his view on being a Nigerian and see how shocked you will be.....how many of the people within the geographical entity called Nigeria are proud to be identified as one within and outside the shores of Nigeria, it's obvious that whatever that was binding Nigeria as a country in the past has been broken beyond repair and everyone knows that but some have chosen to remain in denial of the fact facing them continually because of what they are gaining from the country at the expense of other citizens, whom they see as less human than themselves.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by WibusJaga: 7:20am On Oct 02, 2021

The Good Book says...
Can two walk together, except they be agreed?
The question is have we agreed to co-exist as a nation? No be by force na.

Then in Peter Tosh's voice...
Everyone is crying out for peace yeah, none is crying out for justice. I don't want no peace, I need equal rights and justice.

4 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by omowolewa: 7:23am On Oct 02, 2021
Rubber

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by OG1BABY(f): 7:24am On Oct 02, 2021
Okay
Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by philipstanley(m): 7:27am On Oct 02, 2021
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity
And uphold her honour and glory
So help me God
Amen

(Even though Nigeria is not giving us Joy)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by JavaScript90: 7:29am On Oct 02, 2021
Just restructure the country,obey federal character, prosecute criminals irrespective of their tribe and Nigerians will automatically unite.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 02, 2021
Aufbauh:
As far as I am also concerned, there is no country on earth like Nigeria, and I know every patriotic Nigerian holds this view.

For those calling others 'Unity beggars', it's better and more dignifying to be a 'Unity beggar' than a 'Freedom beggar'.

As far as I'm concern freedom beggars are conscientious slaves. I can't be in my own country which I am supposed to be a stakeholder and be begging or wailing everyday for freedom. It's an aberration!
Only referendum can stop all this madness, let people be giving the choice if they still want to be part of Nigeria or not.

Politicians have been talking about this unity stuff for years.

Even catalonians in spain want their own country.

5 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by Pidginwhisper: 7:43am On Oct 02, 2021
You’re mad Pomo lips

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by Igedeegghead: 7:43am On Oct 02, 2021
Stories, you see them preaching unity and one Nigeria because they are benefiting from the corrupt system

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by otokx(m): 7:43am On Oct 02, 2021
Can there be unity without equity?

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by 900warriorz: 7:44am On Oct 02, 2021
Can someone slap this man for me? cry I'll indemnify you

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by Upton: 7:44am On Oct 02, 2021
Southern and Northern Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by Okijajuju1(m): 7:44am On Oct 02, 2021
Unite Ko... Voltron Ni..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by Bar1941(m): 7:44am On Oct 02, 2021
Unity kiii you there, eediot, what did we achieve from your enforced unity since independence?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by baralatie(m): 7:45am On Oct 02, 2021
Aufbauh:

As far as I'm concern freedom beggars are conscientious slaves. I can't be in my own country which I am supposed to be a stakeholder and be begging or wailing
everyday for freedom. It's an aberration!

I can't because of my family challenges which I feel other families go through as well, deny my paternity or identity. I'll stay put and contribute my own quota to make it work.

If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win"
Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by benuejosh: 7:45am On Oct 02, 2021
ONE NIGERIA!!
Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by Obaxxx(m): 7:46am On Oct 02, 2021
lipsrsealed
In as much as I'd love to agree with him,I think the country is heading towards a direction of no redemption

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by Gotze1: 7:46am On Oct 02, 2021
Give that advice to your family.

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by Tunechi5(m): 7:46am On Oct 02, 2021
All this useless leaders

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by xtocom: 7:47am On Oct 02, 2021
If I were in your shoes, I will say more.

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by Midas01: 7:47am On Oct 02, 2021
Unity is not by force.

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by ofiko123(m): 7:47am On Oct 02, 2021
Happy 61st independence anniversary to Nigeria..
Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 02, 2021
Mr Gbaja on this one
Re: Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence by Antoeni(m): 7:48am On Oct 02, 2021
Shut up

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Evidence That Obi's Rallies In Lagos Are Mainly Attended By Igbos / 20 Illegal Immigrants Arrested In Lagos / Meet The Idoma Born House Of Assembly Member From Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.