Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,761 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Human Resource Professionals: - Career (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Human Resource Professionals: (331797 Views)

How Much Do Human Resource Professionals With A Masters Degree Earn? / Human Resource Management In Canada / Highest Paid Professionals And Most Lucrative Profession In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by lavylilly: 11:38pm On Aug 14, 2022
What happened to this thread?
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by lavylilly: 11:46pm On Aug 14, 2022
gbokukueba:

Sure
Please, how do I go about informing an organization with a large work force of 500 staff about pension HMO leave allowance and if possible 13ty month as they are currently not offering any of the mentioned benefits
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Emeraldosa: 11:45pm On Jan 14, 2023
Hi, I am a sales person but currently looking for new opportunities in HR. I am a student member of CIPM (PE 1). Been applying for hr jobs but they keep telling me I do not have the relevant experience. Please can anyone help with organizations where I can volunteer for HR or any internship roles. Please help a sister. Thanks.

I also do not mind a CV revamp.

1 Like

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by Xhady(m): 8:17pm On Jan 29, 2023
Send me a DM

Emeraldosa:
Hi, I am a sales person but currently looking for new opportunities in HR. I am a student member of CIPM (PE 1). Been applying for hr jobs but they keep telling me I do not have the relevant experience. Please can anyone help with organizations where I can volunteer for HR or any internship roles. Please help a sister. Thanks.

I also do not mind a CV revamp.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by jummytbm: 5:10pm On Apr 21, 2023
Hello....

Please can anyone help me with cipm study pack for intermediate 1

I would really appreciate.

Email: jumokeadebuwa@gmail.com
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by DeraIgwe: 7:17pm On Apr 21, 2023
Good day house, Happy Eid!

I am a graduate of Anatomy, with over 3 years in customer service roles. My current job actually sparked my interest in HR and I would love to switch to HR, I have certifications in Data analytics and project management. Please what MSc can I do under HR as well as certifications I can take to compliment it. This is a field I am ready to commit to.

I welcome and appreciate your honesty and kind advice.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by lavylilly: 4:04pm On Apr 24, 2023
DeraIgwe:
Good day house, Happy Eid!

I am a graduate of Anatomy, with over 3 years in customer service roles. My current job actually sparked my interest in HR and I would love to switch to HR, I have certifications in Data analytics and project management. Please what MSc can I do under HR as well as certifications I can take to compliment it. This is a field I am ready to commit to.

I welcome and appreciate your honesty and kind advice.

Thank you
Use the money to start a business so you don't regret later
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by usemotherboard: 10:56am On Sep 11, 2023
Remote Onboarding: 5 Awesome Tips Every HR Manager Should Know

In just a few years, working patterns have changed significantly around the world, ushering in an era where remote and hybrid models have become the new norm across industries. However, this change isn’t just about where work happens; it’s also about how organizations bring new employees into the fold, through virtual means. This is where remote employee onboarding comes in.

In this post, we’ll discuss what remote onboarding is and highlight 5 proven strategies that HR and people managers can leverage for a successful remote onboarding.

What Is Remote Employee Onboarding?

Remote employee onboarding is the process of integrating new employees into an organization’s culture, operations, and workflows when they are not physically present in the workplace. It involves leveraging digital technologies and communication platforms to familiarize new hires with the company’s values, tools, and team dynamics, as well as the scope of their roles.

Navigating employee onboarding can be challenging, and it gets even trickier when done remotely. To steer you through this process, we've crafted 5 tried-and-tested remote onboarding tips.

5 Tips for An Effective Remote Employee Onboarding

1. Prepare Employees with Pre-boarding
Pre-boarding refers to the activities that take place between the time a new hire accepts a job offer and their first day of employment. It’s essentially laying the groundwork for a seamless beginning.

During this stage, you need to ensure that the employee is well-equipped to navigate their new role. This includes providing them with access to their work email, the organization’s communication platforms, task or project management tools, and even learning materials that will pave their way to success. It’s important to resolve any access issues to prevent unnecessary stress on day one.

2. Encourage A Steady Start
Many organizations, particularly startups, advocate for the "hit the ground running" approach. However, this tends to overwhelm new hires and might set them up for failure. Rather than pressuring them to adapt quickly, it's essential to set a healthy pace for their onboarding.

The onboarding process should span at least 3 weeks, with the last week reserved for specialized team and role-specific training. They should have enough time to get used to the new culture, tools, and workflows. This strategy ensures they start off on the right foot, feeling comfortable, connected, and confident.

3. Foster Connection Through Personalized Meetings
To help your new team member blend right in, prepare a list of the key stakeholders that they will work closely with. Then, set up individual meetings for the employee to get to know each of them. These one-on-one sessions will give your new hire the chance to ask questions and build rapport without the pressure of trying to memorize everyone's names and roles at once.

Once the individual sessions are done, arrange a team meeting specially for the onboarding. This ensures your new hire steps into a circle of familiar faces, instantly cultivating a sense of belonging, and it also helps them grasp the bigger picture – how everyone's roles connect – with ease.

4. Assign An Onboarding Buddy and Mentor
Generally, new hires are assigned a buddy during onboarding. However, we believe a two-pronged approach – a mentor and a buddy – works best.

An onboarding buddy should be someone who can take their time to guide the new hire through the nitty-gritty of the onboarding process and ensure that they settle into their role smoothly. A mentor, on the other hand, should be someone in a senior position (ideally in the same department), ready to share their wisdom and expertise. The mentorship relationship should last beyond onboarding, nurturing the new hire's progress in your organization.

5. Ensure Open Lines of Communication
Creating a culture of open communication and frequent check-ins is crucial for keeping your new hires (and employees in general) engaged and motivated. This also helps to speed up the onboarding process and ensure that everyone remains in sync about what’s expected and where the organization is headed, at all times.

Bonus Tip: Send A Welcome Package
Elevate the remote onboarding experience by adding a touch of thoughtfulness and personalization. Consider curating and sending warm welcome packages with company merch and personalized gifts to give new hires a taste of the company's culture from the start. This gesture will instantly make new hires feel like part of the team and make the journey more enjoyable.

Leveraging an employee benefits management platform like Motherboard empowers you to distribute customized benefits packages, whether it's a one-time treat or a recurring offering, to your distributed team. This means that, no matter where your employees are based, they can easily access their perks.

Want to improve your employee onboarding strategy? Download our FREE Remote Employee Onboarding Checklist Here! - https://www.usemotherboard.com/employee-onboarding-checklist?utm_source=community&utm_medium=nairaland&utm_campaign=free-onboarding-checklist

3 Likes

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by usemotherboard: 9:13am On Sep 29, 2023
HR software encompasses any business tool that streamlines employee information management and automates HR tasks, enabling better planning, budget management, and decision-making. It replaces outdated paper records with efficiency and organization from digital software.

The HR software industry in Nigeria is growing gradually, with human resource and recruitment technology companies recording N4.7 billion ($10.2 million) worth of deals in 2022. We have compiled a list of some of the top HR software in Nigeria in 2023, including their pricing and how to choose the best one for your business. This list is ranked in no particular order.

SeamlessHR
- https://seamlesshr.com/
SeamlessHR is a comprehensive HRMS that helps organise HR processes efficiently with it’s modern HR and Payroll software. SeamlessHR has a focus on helping African businesses become more productive and successful through the use of world-class technology. To sign up on SeamlessHR, you need to book a call with their sales team; signing up directly is not possible.

HR Software Type: Human Resource Management System (HRMS)
Headquarters: Lagos, Nigeria
Founded: 2018
Notable Clients: Wema Bank, OPay, Lagos Business School, and AXA Mansard

SeamlessHR Basic Features
-Core HR (HRIS): This includes everything from employee onboarding to leave management, disciplinary measures, offboarding, and requisitions.
-Payroll Management: SeamlessHR handles payroll and tax computation, as well as direct payments into employee bank accounts.
-Performance Management: With Seamless HR, you can set OKRs, organise quantitative employee assessments, and build performance reports.
-Recruitment & Hiring: Seamless HR allows you to create job openings, track applications, build a talent pool, and conduct assessments and tests.
-Time & Attendance: With Seamless HR, you can keep tabs on employee hours, manage schedules, allow employee clock-ins, and automatically calculate pay.
-Learning: Seamless HR allows you build custom content for employees, track course completion, and build custom assessments and quizzes.

What SeamlessHR Doesn’t Have
No benefit management system
No learning and development from providers outside the company
No employee engagement system

SeamlessHR Pricing
SeamlessHR uses per-staff subscription-based pricing with three tiers. While their subscription plans are publicly available on their site, you have to book a call with their Sales team to find out the actual prices.
Lite: [/b]This gives access to features like the HR information system, employee self-service, approval workflow, advanced reports & analytics, mobile app, org structure, redeployment, leave management, and payroll management.
Price: Not divulged by company
[b]Core:
This gives access to all the features in Lite, plus performance & potential management and requisition & expense claim.
Advantage: This gives access to all the features in Core, plus time & attendance, disciplinary management, and exit & offboarding management.

Motherboard - https://www.usemotherboard.com/
Motherboard is an HCM software with a focus on employee benefits. Touted as the #1 employee benefits platform in Nigeria, Motherboard wants to help employers and HR professionals save money on employee benefits by providing tailored benefits at lower costs.

HR Software Type: Human Capital Management (HCM)
Founded: 2021
Notable Clients: Jobberman, MaxNG, Shuttlers, Bumpa

Motherboard Basic Features

-100+ Benefit Providers: Motherboard aggregates benefits from multiple benefit providers across the country and in different categories (including food & groceries, transportation, health insurance, learning & development, work from home, and more).
-Flexible Benefits: Motherboard provides customisable and flexible benefits, as HR professionals can simply assign benefit budgets, while employees get to choose providers that suit their unique needs and preferences
-Employee Self-Service Platform: With Motherboard, employees can log on to the platform and enjoy direct access and control over their benefits themselves.
-Health Insurance Management: Motherboard aggregates HMO plans from 12+ major HMOs in Nigeria, allowing easy disbursement of health insurance benefits.
-Reporting & Analytics: The admin dashboard on Motherboard allows HR professionals and people managers to see data on benefits utilisation and spend.
-Integration with other HR platforms

What Motherboard Doesn’t Have
No payroll system
No recruiting or hiring system

Motherboard Pricing
Motherboard is completely free to use for both employers and employees. There are no paid tiers or processing fees.

roPay - https://ropay.africa/
roPay is a payroll and HR software for employee management. roPay began with a focus on payroll solutions for SMEs and expanded to include other HR services. Since there is a focus on payment solutions for businesses, roPay requires BVN provision from the employer to create a company bank account.

Founded: 2020
Notable Clients: Cars45, WhoGoHost

roPay Basic Features
-Payroll Management: With roPay, you can run advanced payroll, including tax deductions, pension, and insurance calculations.
-Time & Attendance: roPay lets you create attendance schedules for your employees, set work hours, and track timesheets.
-Recruitment & Hiring: With roPay, you can recruit and onboard new hires into your organisation.
-Performance Management: roPay allows you to set employee KPIs for performance management.
-Invoicing: For companies who have to manage vendors or clients, roPay lets you create professional invoices and share with recipients.
-Employee Benefits: roPay offers employee benefits management services through an integration with Motherboard.

What roPay Doesn’t Have
No comprehensive recruiting or hiring system
No offboarding and disciplinary measures
No learning & development tracking

roPay Pricing
roPay uses per-employee subscription-based pricing with two tiers.
Payroll: Automate monthly payments, one time or recurring.
Pricing: N200/employee
HR/Recruiting: Automate Salaries and statutory compliance requirements. Pay pensions and taxes directly and access reverse payroll feature.
Pricing: N2000/employee

Bento - https://www.bento.africa/
Bento is a HR software that provides payroll and human resource management services. Bento has two main products: Pay by Bento and People by Bento. Pay by Bento focuses on payroll and benefits administration, while People by Bento focuses on core HR (from hiring and onboarding to performance management)

Founded: 2017
Notable Clients: Unknown

Bento Basic Features
-Payroll Management: Bento lets you pay out salaries and benefits and manage taxes and pensions.
-Benefits Management: Bento allows you provide health insurance from Hygeia HMO as well as unemployment insurance from Tangerine. It -also allows employee loans.
-Core HR (HRIS): This includes everything from employee onboarding to leave management, disciplinary measures, offboarding, and requisitions.
-Recruitment & Hiring: Bento lets you create job openings, create a job application page, and manage the hiring process.
-Performance Management: With Bento, you can set OKRs and conduct appraisals.
-Employee Engagement: Bento allows various employee engagement features from employee surveys, suggestion box, and employee shoutouts and broadcasts.

What Bento Doesn’t Have
No multiple benefit providers
No diverse benefit categories outside health insurance
No time & attendance tracking
No employee engagement

Bento Pricing
Bento uses per-employee subscription-based pricing with two tiers.
Pay by Bento: This includes payroll and benefits administration.
Pricing: Unclear + processing fee on transactions
People by Bento: Automate hiring and onboarding for your full-time staff and contractors. Manage leave requests, PTOs and shifts across your organisation. Track performance and employee engagement without hassle.
Pricing: N300 per employee per month

TAMS - https://tams.com.ng/
TAMS (Time Attendance Management System) is a web-based human resources management solution with a focus on time & attendance tracking. TAMS is solely for companies that pay their employees per time spent.

HR Software Type: Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
Founded: 2012
Notable Clients: Glo, Dangote, Radisson Blue

TAMS Basic Features
-Time Tracking: TAMS Nigeria lets employees clock in and out so you can track timesheets.
-Schedule Planning: With TAMS, you can organise working hours and assign shift schedules.
-Reporting & Analytics: TAMS generates behavioural analytics reports on attendance and productivity.
-Employee Self-Service: TAMS has a mobile and web app where employees can view schedules, request leaves, and view their payslips.
-Biometric Device: TAMS has a physical biometrics device that can be used to improve attendance tracking.

What TAMS Doesn’t Have
No benefit management system
No hiring, recruiting, and onboarding system

TAMS Nigeria Pricing
TAMS uses subscription-based pricing with two tiers. However, they make reference to other pricing packages on their website that are unclear.
Classic: This plan can only be used for a maximum of 5 employees.
Pricing: Free
Premium: This plan is best if you have more than 5 employees.
Pricing: Unclear

Get more HR insights and resources from our blog! - https://www.usemotherboard.com/blog?utm_source=community&utm_medium=nairaland&utm_campaign=top-hr-software

2 Likes

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by usemotherboard: 9:15am On Sep 29, 2023
How To Choose The Best HR Software To Use In 2023

Selecting the best HR software that works for you in 2023 can be a tough decision, especially with more HR software companies popping up every day. It is important that you consider multiple factors before making your choice.

Key Features: First, make a list of the things you want to achieve with your HR software. Next, divide the list into the must-haves and nice-to-haves. This helps you prioritise the key features you look for in HR software.
However, you should know that you might not find all the features you need in a single HR software. If this is the case for you, it is not a bad idea to use up to 2 HR software applications, especially when you are using them for completely different purposes (e.g. one for recruitment and one for benefits management).

Cost: At the end of the day, you do not want to use software that exceeds your budget. Sync with the management team of your company about how much budget they are willing to assign to the HR software and find one that works within that budget.
However, make sure to also advice the management team on the best budget by researching the average pricing of the different HR software in Nigeria. You should also compare the software’s pricing with the features it offers to confirm that the cost is worth the value you would get from it.
It is also advisable to choose HR software that charges in Naira, if you are primarily a Nigerian company. Payment might become complicated if you choose an international HR software for your Nigerian employees.

Reviews: You should not make decisions solely based on the features you see on a company website. You should also research the reliability of the software by looking into what their existing customers say about them. This could mean searching for the product name on social media platforms to see what has been said about them or asking colleagues who might have used them about their experience.

Customer Support: When deciding on the best HR software to use in Nigeria, you need to consider the reliability and response time of their customer support as well. This is because their response time might affect your own ability to cater to the needs of your employees. If they take too long to respond or do not provide robust responses, your employees might be left in the lurch when problems or questions arise.

Team Size: While most HR software work for all companies, large or small, some work best for certain company sizes. If you have a large number of employees for example, software that charges per employee added might not be the best for you.

Customisation & Flexibility: Depending on your company, this might not be an important consideration. However, it is advisable to choose HR software that is flexible enough to accommodate your company and employees’ unique needs, to a reasonable extent. For example, Motherboard, an employee benefits platform, allows employees select benefit providers that suit their unique needs and preferences.

2 Likes

Re: Human Resource Professionals: by adenekanadeyemi: 9:09pm On Dec 10, 2023
Hi,

Are you proposing to write the SPHRI exam between Jan and March 2024, and willing to join a study group, kindly click on the link below.

https:///COdLcdFPsBZ4z7uWPB2jL2

P.S. Do note that it's not a training class but an avenue for individuals preparing for the exam to brainstorm on topics that might be a bit challenging, and share opinions with one another.
Re: Human Resource Professionals: by HRHQueenPhil(f): 10:14am On Mar 20
Role: Human Resource Manager
Reports To: MD
Industry: Manufacturing
Salary: Very Competitive

Summary
Head Human Resource Responsibilities include overseeing the recruitment process, designing company policies and setting objectives for the HR team. The preferred Candidate should be familiar with HR technology. Ultimately,

Responsibilities
• Plan, develop and implement strategy for HR management and development (including recruitment & selection policy/practices, discipline, grievance, counseling, pay and conditions, contracts, training and development, succession planning, moral and motivation, culture and attitude development, and performance appraisal issues)
• establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of HR development
• Monitor, measure and report on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievement within agreed formats
• Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets.
• Liaise with other functional/departmental head so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of HR development, and to ensure they are fully informed of HR objectives, purpose and achievements
• Maintain awareness and knowledge of latest HR development theory and methods and provide suitable interpretation to directors, managers and staff within the organization
• Contribute to the evaluation and development of HR strategy and performance in co- operation with the executive team.
• Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organizational requirement for quality management, health and safety, legal requirement, environmental policies and general duty of care.
• Audit and authenticate all documents related to legal, salary statements and distribution, policies etc.
• Plan for employee’s performance appraisal; develop tools for appraisal, job evaluation and development.
•Plan and direct for Training of employee including senior managers, maintain contact with outside resources for training.

Qualification/ Experience
- Advanced degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related fields
• CIPM/SHRM/CIPD/or a diploma in HR/Masters in HR/A certification in any of the HR Functional areas will be an advantage
• Previous experience working as a HR Director for 4+ year(s)
• In-depth knowledge about local and international Human Resource Processes, employment legislation, and legal regulations
• Understanding and experience with Employer Branding and Recruitment Marketing strategies
• Experience aligning HR policies and practices with international best practice HR requirements, including ILO and IFC.
• Excellent knowledge of all aspects of HR management
• Experience with HR tools and recruiting software
• Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
•Senior Professional in Human Resources Certification (SPHR) will be an advantage
• Ability to Multi-task Personnel/Welfare/Admin

To apply, please send cv to ekaette.obot@worknigeria.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (Reply)

Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! / Salary In The Nigerian Army? / Any HSE Professionals In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.