Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,366 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

At What Age Did You Start Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / At What Age Did You Start Programming (1187 Views)

Is 28yrs Old Too Late To Start Programming, And I Don't Know Nothing About It / Programmers: At What Age Did You Start Programming? / You Would Better Start Programming With Java Or C# (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Did You Start Programming by Melanin07(m): 2:13am On Oct 03, 2021
For me, that was when I was 16 yrs old.

Back at my Secondary school; Federal Government collge portharcourt taking Cisco CompTIA A+ and Python programming.

This is one the best thing FGC PH did for me!

How about you?

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by Johnnyessence(m): 4:01am On Oct 03, 2021
Melanin07:
For me, that was when I was 16 yrs old.

Back at my Secondary school; Federal Government collge portharcourt taking Cisco CompTIA A+ and Python programming.

This is one the best thing FGC PH did for me!

How about you?
wow you are very lucky. Now you are a guru
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by Franzinni: 7:20am On Oct 03, 2021
Two years ago ...c# and.net. self taught.

Learnt it because of my love for game design.

Programming is easy, I used to think it was impossible.

Currently trying to assimilate python.
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by stanliwise(m): 7:35am On Oct 03, 2021
Franzinni:
Two years ago ...c# and.net. self taught.

Learnt it because of my love for game design.

Programming is easy, I used to think it was impossible.

Currently trying to assimilate python.
You have a game now?
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by Franzinni: 7:42am On Oct 03, 2021
stanliwise:

You have a game now?
working on it ... I guess I am too ambitious ... I will soon create a thread for it tho, it's military based and tells a story we all are familiar with. Aiming for ps4 xbox and pc... Also I need partnerships. It's a whole lot building alone.

If you are a game designer we can work together, the greatest disadvantage of the black man is lack of teamwork.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by stanliwise(m): 7:44am On Oct 03, 2021
Franzinni:
working on it ... I guess I am too ambitious ... I will soon create a thread for it tho, it's military based and tells a story we all are familiar with. Aiming for ps4 xbox and pc... Also I need partnerships. It's a whole lot building alone.

If you are a game designer we can work together, the greatest disadvantage of the black man is lack of teamwork.
Have you created any small game?
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by Franzinni: 7:45am On Oct 03, 2021
stanliwise:

Have you created any small game?
why you want to sponsor it? You seem awfully concerned about my progress even after I have told you .. So what is your angle ?

Are you asking if I have created temple run? Or tic tac toe! Or space shooters ?
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by stanliwise(m): 7:56am On Oct 03, 2021
Franzinni:
why you want to sponsor it? You seem awfully concerned about my progress even after I have told you .. So what is your angle ?

Are you asking if I have created temple run? Or tic tac toe! Or space shooters ?

I just wanted to know if you have any game at all.
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by Franzinni: 8:10am On Oct 03, 2021
stanliwise:
I just wanted to know if you have any game at all.
well If you don't have a contribution to make to my progress then your enquiries is totally useless to me.

Let me know your intentions and I will let you know the answer. But if you keep on trying to be a wise hat.. well it's your cup of tea.
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by stanliwise(m): 8:19am On Oct 03, 2021
Franzinni:
well If you don't have a contribution to make to my progress then your enquiries is totally useless to me.

Let me know your intentions and I will let you know the answer. But if you keep on trying to be a wise hat.. well it's your cup of tea.

Only God know what you have in mind.
I may sound creepy but that's not my intentions.

If I have anything to advise you. Go and build a one man game for yourself, if you have any plan to pitch to people to invest their time with you.
your portfolio would do more of the speaking.

Happy sunday

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by Franzinni: 8:28am On Oct 03, 2021
stanliwise:

Only God know what you have in mind.
I may sound creepy but that's not my intentions.

If I have anything to advise you. Go and build a one man game for yourself, if you have any plan to pitch to people to invest their time with you.
your portfolio would do more of the speaking.

Happy sunday
ok at least I know your intentions are rooted in good and not the usual pull them down Nigerian way... ok to answer your question, I have a couple of game ideas which I have started working on, but I don't want to be creating simple casual games I am trying to build a adventure game with plot points and a holistic story... and to be honest, it's a whole lot for one guy hence the speed in progress. But I welcome your advice, it is constructive and I appreciate
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by stanliwise(m): 8:54am On Oct 03, 2021
Franzinni:
ok at least I know your intentions are rooted in good and not the usual pull them down Nigerian way... ok to answer your question, I have a couple of game ideas which I have started working on, but I don't want to be creating simple casual games I am trying to build a adventure game with plot points and a holistic story... and to be honest, it's a whole lot for one guy hence the speed in progress. But I welcome your advice, it is constructive and I appreciate
It is understandable you don’t want to create small games but not having any at all to show is way worse.

Build a one man nice game. Atleast when people(I mean people who know how game dev works ) sees it they would understand and give you their time because right now it is safe to say you don’t have any practical real life experience to draw from to build a game.
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by Franzinni: 9:05am On Oct 03, 2021
stanliwise:

It is understandable you don’t want to create small games but not having any at all to show is way worse.

Build a one man nice game. Atleast when people(I mean people who know how game dev works ) sees it they would understand and give you their time because right now it is safe to say you don’t have any practical real life experience to draw from to build a game.
that is my call to action ... I will do just that... thanks for the wind in my sail. I will document my progress as well .
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by stanliwise(m): 9:10am On Oct 03, 2021
Franzinni:
that is my call to action ... I will do just that... thanks for the wind in my sail. I will document my progress as well .
youre welcome

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by nwizy(m): 3:57pm On Oct 04, 2021
Franzinni:

Hi I have a game concept, seriously is like candy crunch but, on a new whole level. It's called color buster.

I would love if you can reach out WhatsApp/call 0-8-1-0-9-2-7-5-0-5-6
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 04, 2021
I started this year 16
Although am too lazy but am making progress.
Will make a impacts when the time comes.
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by nurain150(m): 11:28pm On Oct 04, 2021
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by Mcfi(m): 6:35am On Oct 05, 2021
At the age of 23 but wasn’t to serious until after some years
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by TruthUntold: 9:20am On Oct 05, 2021
Franzinni:

Start small, start simple. A game developer whose portfolio is just full of... ideas? you get how that sounds?
ditch the big, start small, climb up. can't skip no rungs on the ladder, it don't work like that.
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by Franzinni: 10:37am On Oct 05, 2021
TruthUntold:

Start small, start simple. A game developer whose portfolio is just full of... ideas? you get how that sounds?
ditch the big, start small, climb up. can't skip no rungs on the ladder, it don't work like that.
I totally appreciate your advice and I will take it 100percent. I will start small something to put in my portfolio because when the other guy asked what I have done and finished ,it dawned on me... I just have lofty ideas but nothing finished. Thanks once again.
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by davidbukz4: 9:43pm On Oct 06, 2021
Mcfi:
At the age of 23 but wasn’t to serious until after some years

Did you study computer science or it was just a skill you picked up. Please I'm inquisitive to know.

I need motivation
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by Mcfi(m): 10:45pm On Oct 06, 2021
davidbukz4:

Did you study computer science or it was just a skill you picked up. Please I'm inquisitive to know.

I need motivation

I studied computer science. So that was where my motivation started. What did you studied?
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by davidbukz4: 12:29pm On Oct 07, 2021
Mcfi:

I studied computer science. So that was where my motivation started. What did you studied?

I studied Electrical engineering
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by Mcfi(m): 1:59pm On Oct 07, 2021
davidbukz4:

I studied Electrical engineering

That doesn’t matter. Have you started learning anyone at all?
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by davidbukz4: 4:15pm On Oct 07, 2021
Mcfi:

That doesn’t matter. Have you started learning anyone at all?

Yeah
I started learning C two months ago sha...although I'm done with that.
I planned on working on one or two personal project to grasp the language concepts very well before moving to another
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by Mcfi(m): 5:24pm On Oct 07, 2021
davidbukz4:

Yeah
I started learning C two months ago sha...although I'm done with that.
I planned on working on one or two personal project to grasp the language concepts very well before moving to another

Focus on one first and be very very good in it. Then you can learn others as a subordinate.

Google is your best teacher because there’s no problem in programming you will face that has not been solved. Then when you can’t scale through, you seek for professional advice.

YouTube is another place to get good tutorials. As you are learning, try stuffs with real life projects. That will make you focus more and gain more interest in the lesson
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by davidbukz4: 6:34pm On Oct 07, 2021
Mcfi:

Focus on one first and be very very good in it. Then you can learn others as a subordinate.

Google is your best teacher because there’s no problem in programming you will face that has not been solved. Then when you can’t scale through, you seek for professional advice.

YouTube is another place to get good tutorials. As you are learning, try stuffs with real life projects. That will make you focus more and gain more interest in the lesson

Right
Thanks for the advice
I'll keep pushing
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by smartxyz(m): 7:24pm On Oct 07, 2021
I just finished learning JavaScript basic.. Guys please I need Ur advise on which JavaScript library to go for... I love both React and React Native but which is advisable to learn first.
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by Mcfi(m): 8:49pm On Oct 07, 2021
davidbukz4:

Right
Thanks for the advice
I'll keep pushing

Alright man. Happy coding
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by Jerry299: 6:17pm On Oct 08, 2021
Franzinni:

Hello I don't think he asked any bad questions.. Be proud of your works, show him any games that you've built, you can never know
Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by Karleb(m): 6:50pm On Oct 08, 2021
Doesn't really matter.

A programmer is a programmer.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Start Programming by Franzinni: 7:35pm On Oct 08, 2021
Jerry299:

Hello I don't think he asked any bad questions.. Be proud of your works, show him any games that you've built, you can never know
we have concluded on thethe matter, he wanted well for me ...I was only defensive because Nigerians always have a way of trying to pull someone down, but his case is different.

(1) (2) (Reply)

20 Cool Clojure Functions / Naira To US Dollar Exchange Rate LIVE!!! / Top 10 Best Books For Learning Ethical Hacking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.